Tech Programmers?

WolfSol

Brain cashew smooth
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I'm rather curious, are there any programmers that lurk about on this site that speak programming language such as PHP, VB, Java, R, Latec, Python, SQL, LINUX, HTML/CSS/Bootstrap, and etc.? I always find fascination in talking with other programmers.

1318804494002.png

last 2 years i learned c++, now im learning java. love programming, hoping to get a job in computer science soon.

I like to think I'm proficient in CSS and HTML, despite a severe lack of formal training...

last 2 years i learned c++, now im learning java. love programming, hoping to get a job in computer science soon.

Ah, awesome! I studied Java a year or so ago myself. Learning C# and trying to improve in PHP, SQL, and Visual Basic now. I don't know if I'll continue as a software engineer in all honesty. I've considered becoming a computer forensics analyst, working with cyber crime and the like.

I like to think I'm proficient in CSS and HTML, despite a severe lack of formal training...

CSS and HTML are good starters for programming languages. I know the basics, but stumble around a wee bit on the minor stuff, ahah! I still don't get why HTML5 depreciated/does not use a lot of the former code it had... like <center>, why is that no longer a thing? <center> is a beautiful thing.

Hello! Computer Science major here ^.^ My main language is Java currently, but I know C++ and Python. Currently learning C# on my own. With that, of course, comes that HTML/CSS/JavaScript/Jquery types of things as well as querying languages and mobile app development. :D

I'm like a... Fashion Studies Major. So, a Hobbyist Programmer, I guess.

Any suggestions of how to practice various languages is appreciated.

Hey, programming is programming! :D You made something that got popular; that's a big deal! :)

I mean, yeah, but my current skills feel limited and not particularly useful in the face of sites that make it much easier for people to build their own websites. And I don't have the understanding for most of the server side stuff or form handling or anything.

I'm like a... Fashion Studies Major. So, a Hobbyist Programmer, I guess.

Any suggestions of how to practice various languages is appreciated.
I am a computer science major with a concentration in programming and information assurance myself :)

HTML/CSS/Bootstrap is a good beginner since many delve into website editing. The next step would be PHP or Java. PHP is used in website development and Java is a good foundation to learn (please do not attempt Alice... it's a pain in the ass). There are many sandboxes for programming out there, even for HTML and CSS (jsfiddle allows HTML and CSS sandboxing as well as PHP and Java if I remember correctly).

That's so cool that you're a fashion major!

Hey, programming is programming! :D You made something that got popular; that's a big deal! :)

I'm learning more Javascript this time around. I need to get to learning Python on my own and refreshing my memory. I can read the languages, but get lost in terminology at times.

HTML/CSS/Bootstrap is a good beginner since many delve into website editing. The next step would be PHP or Java. PHP is used in website development and Java is a good foundation to learn (please do not attempt Alice... it's a pain in the ass). There are many sandboxes for programming out there, even for HTML and CSS (jsfiddle allows HTML and CSS sandboxing as well as PHP and Java if I remember correctly).
Technically, I kind of know PHP (well, completed the Codecademy Course) but I've literally used it for nothing mostly because I don't have a server that I can do stuff with (though I just found a thing that might let me get around this issue.)

Technically, I kind of know PHP (well, completed the Codecademy Course) but I've literally used it for nothing mostly because I don't have a server that I can do stuff with (though I just found a thing that might let me get around this issue.)
Yeah, ugh, I know what you mean. I've considered turning one of my computers into a server type setup, but I can't bring myself to do it just yet.

Just remember, if you don't use it... ya freakin' lose it and it sucks and you end up Googling and stumbling around like a newborn.

Graduated as a computer engineer last year, now I'm a software engineer for one of the best companies of my town. I love it, seeing something you write get used in the real world is the best feeling ever.

Recently a friend and I started planning for a Hebocon tournament for a convention in April. It'll be a great way to show people that gabby electronics is actually easy to get into, I can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back