• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Probed - Close Encounters of the Sixth Kind

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
9iujEXJweE6J_cuhVUohsSZPvVG6nQEWa3Cfwtt7GzmeSdnEqhCnVOvf6jnIofbUZjg6ywCkQ0QiWC2sQtNcAcCTC4GBcFitHPO6uHM1S_AvyRiqCyx5SgBHZ-t8dJBukvqm1D5E

Close encounter - Wikipedia

GM Warning: I WILL take over your characters from time to time (blackout periods). This could happen in a couple ways.

All at once - One moment you are in one place. The next time has passed and you resume control, quite probably bewildered as to how you got to where you are. Or you may be exhausted, suffering from side effects with symptoms like headaches.

Not All at Once - In this case the others in the group may get to see what you do in this state.

During the first week of July 2027 (80 years after the Roswell incident) there was a rash of UFO sightings in the southwest USA. In a very small percentage of the cases there were abductions.

Each of you has experienced a Close Encounter of the Fourth Kind. You were abducted, experimented upon. It was, let’s face it, a terrifying experience. You were treated like nothing more than a lab animal. The aliens did NOT communicate (Fifth Kind). Abductions lasted for about 3 days each.

After your experience you are naturally freaked out. But who wants to end up as a lab rat - this time in some government lab? Who wants to be looked at like some psycho? So you sought out a UFO support group for abductees. The first group or two or three may have struck you as a group of lunatics full of stories that came nowhere close to matching yours. It wouldn’t be until you attended a UFO conference held in Albuquerque, NM about the July 2027 sightings that you discovered others like you. It wasn’t anything they said. You FELT them. You looked at one another … and KNEW.

You arranged to meet up in private for your own support group.

Characters
All characters MUST meet certain criteria:

No physical handicaps. (The aliens wanted healthy specimens. Mobile with senses intact.)
Adults. Prime of life. Healthy. (Don’t be surprised when you discover you have gone on a long rugged hike during a blackout.)

Abductees are always alone when initially taken, preferably in a remote area.

Blank CS

Plot
I do have a distinct plot in mind. The Aliens had an agenda. No, it was NOT all your imagination. The aliens were wear. The government is also aware of this and will be investigating. If the group has an alternate suggestion for getting them altogether I can certainly arrange something. Maybe have them all wake up together somewhere in the wilderness. (I considered having them snap out of it when interrupted in their work on some military base. But that escalated the RP a bit too far too fast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back