What is your stance on abortion?

• Pro Life

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Pro Choice

Votes: 54 63.5%
  • Mixed

Votes: 12 14.1%

• Total voters
I really want this thread to have civil discussions and I'm interested to hear what other people's stances on this topic are. Lets not get too out of hand, please?

I'm mixed on the view, so I'm for the right to choose in some cases, whilst in some other scenarios, I'm pro life. Though I doubt I'd be labelled that since the only few reasons I'd be against abortion is it could be a waste of money, resources and in some cases, guilt. Personally, if you weren't using contraception then that's your fault and you need to take responsibility. If, however, you're underage or there is a chance that you won't be able to financially support the child then abortion should be given in these cases.

I agree with you on your struggle and thoughts as I'm pro life as well because I don't believe that if the parents don't use contraceptives and birth control then simply it's their fault and they should be responsible for their soon to be child from their actions.

The stuff you said before about underage and other stuff is in a way illegal because the children are not really responsible for their own actions and are too young to consent. Other illegal cases like rape and such are of course illegal so that's why I'm pro choice on those situations but it's only because it's illegal ya know? Anyways other situations like a single lady fooled around with a few guys and got pregnant and soon to be single mother I think it's her fault for being careless. There is always a bit of risk when anyone does intercourse with or without contraception and I guess that's why i go pro abstinence XP but it's not something I want anyone to be cuz everyone has choices in life but me personally I want to wait until marriage ^^

Some resources for the pro-choice folks in the thread (and anyone else who wants to take a looksie)

First for talking to people of faith a site about pro-choice teachings in various religions.

Home

Next up a very moving and emotional story about a woman who had a late term abortion after finding out her child would be born with a potentially fatal brain defect. It does a good job of humanizing the process which might help when describing it to pro-birthers.

https://jezebel.com/later-abortion-a-love-story-1832631748

Got the notifications on this thread muted and I won’t respond to quotes. Just saw these while browsing my favorite blogs and thought I would share them with the folks of this thread.
I think you'd like this person's commentary on abortion, where she talks about bodily anatomy btw.

Rougly speaking,

A slightly (since tiny pho e buttons won't allow me for a longer post, lest I drive myself absolutely crazy) longer version is... I do not believe that a bundle of unformed bones and muscles is a human, and I absolutely am for letting a real human make choices about their body. Women are not farm animals to have to give birth, you know? There are accidents, there are mistakes, and to me pro-life often sounds like trying to punish a woman for a pill not working, a condom being flawed, having too much to drink at a party, or a guy forcing himself onto her. Which is loathsome! I do think we are developed enough to give a woman absolute control over her reproductive system. That being said, I don't mean her man should not have a say in this, but to me it is minimal. If a lady wants babies, and her man doesn't, better not have them for a while, else the father would hate the baby, which is not something any mother would want. But asides for semantics... Yes, I do firmly believe that for one, a woman should have absolute control over her reproductive systems; and two, she can be as chaste or promiscuous as she wants, and not get punished for it with nine months of absolutely fucked up hormonal disbalance, two days of agonizing labour, and eighteen years of lack of personal life, time, and money.

Abortions for everyone! If more people were aborted, the world would be a better place.

Now, I'm obviously kidding, but I do believe that restricting a woman's right to abortion is immoral. Those trying to do it should probably learn not to stick their noses into other people's business.

"But what about the chillun?!" you might ask. Well, what about the actual existing humans that don't want to undergo nine months of physical discomfort culminating in an extremely painful and possibly life-threatening experience? Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna prioritize an unthinking lump of cells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back