• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

pretty girl who stabbed him / cute guy who shot her

"I'm not being a baby, you stabbed me," Kloude snapped, wincing as he settled back against the wall. "It's not like I get stabbed on a regular basis."

"Yeah, well, considering I can't-" She paused, trying again. "Considering you shot me, I'm really not that sympathetic." She sighed, frowning. "Now, we can do this one of two ways. The easy way is you tell me where you keep your first aid stuff, and sit here quietly while I go and get it. The hard way is you act like an idiot and I knock you out, then proceed to go through your stuff and take anything I like or think I can sell off until I happen to come across the first aid supplies."

Kloude rolled his eyes. "Don't steal from me, you're already costing me fifty thousand. Just go. My friends fiancé is a nurse, I can just call her to deal with this and you're friends got two bullets on him, I'd be more concerned about him."

"At least let me deal with your hand. I promise I know what I'm doing and I'm not trying to make you never be able to use that hand again." Aria didn't mention that she'd feel bad if she just left at this point; she'd done a number on his shoulder, even if it wasn't irreparable it would be injured for a while. Granted, he'd evened it out a bit with her own injuries, but she didn't want to leave if she could at least fix something up.

"See, I'm gonna trust the woman with actual medical training to patch me up and you can take your friend and go," Kloude said, pointing to the door. "Fifty thousand, okay. This is a huge job you just ruined and you're being really sweet and all, but I'm kind of angry."

Aria purpsed her lips, eyes narrowing slightly. "Fine." She got to her feet quickly- a little too quickly, really, in her frustration she'd forgotten about her ankle. She yelped, one hand flying to the wall so she could support her weight, her eyes squeezing shut. Breathe in, breathe out. She opened her eyes again, casting another glare at Kloude as she limped out the door, hand still against the wall just in case.

"You're done quickly. Did you decide to just kill him and get it over with?"

"Ray?"

"Mhmm?"

"Please. Be quiet."

"Mmmkay."

-------

About a week had passed since she'd rescued Ray, and much to Aria's chagrin, her ankle still hurt. Sure, it was getting better, and she could walk on it a lot easier, but Lily had informed her that if she found out that she'd been running, she'd end up getting shot in the other ankle. So, instead of back to business as usual, she was on day 8 of appealing to the general public's sympathy and begging for money.

She rotated her bad ankle with a wince and a sigh, other knee pulled to her chest, cardboard sign resting on the ground beside her. At least Ray has healed up fine.

Kloude sighed, switching Nyx's lead to the other hand and reminding himself again that he couldn't move his shoulder. The past week hadn't been too bad, though he'd suffered a little more blood loss than he'd anticipated by the time Melissa had arrived and she was still furious. It wasn't as if he would have actually died, and he hadn't needed a transfusion, but he had needed stitches and a tetanus shot. If she had to steal one more thing from the hospital she was threatening to kill him herself. Nyx started barking suddenly, yanking the lead from his loose grip and running along the path toward another homeless person. His dogs fascination with them never ceased to amaze him, it wasn't as if they smelt pleasant. "Nyx! Fá aftur hér!"

Aria's attention was drawn by the barking dog and the incomprehensible yell, although she soon wished it hadn't been. She frowned in recognition of the blonde, tugging her hood over her head in the hopes that he wouldn't recognize her and he'd move on quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nyx stopped once she's reached the girl, snuffling at her excitedly and bumping her head into Aria's side in the hopes she'd get a pay.

At least the dog had stopped, but now Kloude had to talk to someone. Jogging after the dog, he called out a quick apology. "Hey! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for her to get away from me."

Aria let out a quiet sigh and ducked her head slightly, although she obliged on petting Nyx. "Hey, sweetie, nice to see you again, but maybe we shouldn't bring attention to me?" She cleared her throat before addressing Kloude. "It's fine, I like dogs."

Kloude paused as he drew closer, because seriously did it have to be her?  Shaking his head, he picked up Nyx's lead, and on a spur of the moment decision sat down beside Aria. "If I kidnap Carter again will you kill me?"

Aria tensed slightly when he sat next to her, though she didn't look away from Nyx. "No." She hesitated before continuing, "Not that you'd get the opportunity to try again, but if you do manage it, I'll put you in the hospital."

"The pair of you can have fifteen thousand to split?" Kloude offered, "I just need him for a week or two. His father still thinks I have him."

"The pair of you can have fifteen thousand to split?" Kloude offered, "I just need him for a week or two. His father still thinks I have him."

Aria froze, if only for a moment before Nyx startednudging at her hand again. Technically, it'd end up split between three people, not two, but 5,000 was still more than she'd had in a long time. If the situation had been any different than it actually was, she would've said yes. Still, she shook her head.

"I can't. Ray would be sulking for weeks after that, and I can't afford for him to miss a month's income." Not to mention how guilty she'd feel, even if she got Ray's permission.

"Twenty thousand?" Kloude tried again. He really need this job complete, he'd had a dry spell over the past few months and his finances were starting to run out. "I won't even shoot him, and I only need him in the chains for photos."

Aria practically flinched with the new number, finally pulling away from the lab and folding her arms almost defensively over her chest. "I can't. Please, stop asking. Just find another job. I can't help you, okay?"

Frowning, Kloude indicated her cardboard sign. "You're literally begging. I'm offering you twenty thousand to borrow your friend for a week or two and you're saying no when you are literally begging."

"I wouldn't be begging if you hadn't kidnapped him in the first place," Aria snapped, turning sharply to glare at him. A few seconds passed before she deflated again with a sigh, shaking her head. "Stop wasting your time. I've made my decision, please just leave me alone. You're costing me money, and no offense, but I think I need it a little bit more than you need yours."

"I'm sorry, what? How is it my fault that you're begging?" Kloude asked, disbelief and irritation colouring his words. "That makes no sense. Me borrowing Carter isn't the reason you don't have a job."

"I have a job. I just can't do it right now because someone shot me in the ankle." Aria frowned, pulling her other knee to her chest. "Why do you think I was so irritated with you? I mean, yes, technically you did kidnap my best friend, but that happens a lot more frequently than you'd think. He's kind of an idiot at times."

"You shot my first," Kloude said defensively, frowning at her. "Did I actually hit your ankle? I thought I just grazed you."

"Well, you didn't." Aria's frown turned almost sulky as she turned her attention back to Nyx. "And I wouldn't have tried to shoot you if you hadn't, you know, threatened to kill me. This may come as a surprise to you, but most people do not react well to death threats."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Honestly I thought you were just a hysterical girlfriend trying to play it cool," Kloude admitted. It had happened once before. "I didn't expect you to have a gun. Or a knife. Thanks for that, by the way. I've got stitches now."

Aria nearly choked at the mention of 'hysterical girlfriend', though she did make an effort to conceal it as a cough. "Uh, wow. No. Nope. That. No. Ray's basically my brother. No." She shook her head, the beginning of an embarrassed flush stealing into her face. "Just. No. Anyway, I really am sorry about that. I figured it was the only way to convince you to stay down."

Kloude was quiet for a moment, fiddling with Nyx leash as he thought. "I've never lost a fight before. You're really impressive."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back