• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

PRESSURE

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
WEEKLY REPORT AUDIO LOG

DECEMBER 15TH 2072

Overwatch Station Portugal/Communication Officer CAMPOS

Atlantic Research Station LEMURIA/Petty Officer WILSON

OSP: This is OS Portugal, 1245 local time. Lemuria please respond.

LEMURIA: Roger, Portugal, this is Lemuria.

OSP: Celine! They finally let you come back up.

LEMURIA: No small amount of begging involved, Cristóvão.

OSP: Exciting things happening down there, ah?

LEMURIA: Less than you might think. Dr. Moines is just excitable.

OSP: All in the weekly?

LEMURIA: Yeah. Yeah, it should be lased to the satellite in the next five minutes.

OSP: How're things going down there?

LEMURIA: Mandy - sorry, Officer Curran - has been acting weird. She's been in the Tower for a week now, barely answers hails. Dr. Fonseca is concerned it's like... space dementia?

OSP: Space de- You're at the bottom of the Atlantic, Celine.

LEMURIA: Yeah, well, closest analogue. The Warden's record shows there was an airlock failure and she hasn't been acting like herself since. Brain damage, maybe.

OSP: The Warden still throwing up false signals?

LEMURIA: Less, but we're getting chatter from outside the habs.

OSP: Just the drones, Celine.

LEMURIA: We don't have that many drones.

OSP: So the Warden's logistical code is bugged. Moines'll get it.

LEMURIA: I guess so - oh, hey, Mandy! I'm making the weekly report to Cris. Come say- Are you okay?

LEMURIA: [inaudible]

OSP: Can't hear that, Celine.

LEMURIA: "Mandy I don't... can you just take off the helmet?

OSP: She's still in dive gear?

LEMURIA: [inaudible]

LEMURIA: Jesus Christ...

OSP: Lemuria please respond. Celine? Celine for god's sake.

LEMURIA: [screaming]

OSP: Celine! Amanda! One of you fucking answ-

-TRANSMISSION LOST-

Lemuria is a deep-sea research facility, equipped with an orbital launch platform most easily described as a 'space gun', in addition to studying marine biology, geoengineering, structural engineering, robotics, psychology, and artificial intelligence.

You are among the best in your field - whether that be research science, engineering, medicine, administration, or security. Assigned to a two year tour of duty at the bottom of the sea.

Lemuria is state-of-the-art. A chance like this is once in a lifetime. It's risky, sure, but a calculated risk.

Everything to gain, right?

---------------------------------

Sci-Fi horror RP with shades of SOMA, Eclipse Phase, and so on. Expect existential dread, body horror, and various surprises.

I'll be using WoD in the background because there are players unfamiliar with systems involved, so it'll be disguised as freeform.

I'd like at least five players, no more than ten, and you should expect that your character might die at almost any time.

Post if interested, with a one-line character concept. Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Im interested:

Richard "Richie" McGuinness a first day on the job mechanic. Sent to work on malfunctioning robots.

//Love the SOMA vibes it sets off.//

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back