• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Powertale - An Undertale AU RP

Diamond655

Do You Wanna Have a Bad Time?
Basic information: 

The Underground is now inhabited by beings called Empowered, rather than monsters. The Empowered look mostly human-like, save for their glowing eyes of all colors of the spectrum, hair coming in unnatural colors, and most of all, their supernatural abilities. Their body and soul are interconnected - while it makes them powerful in the art of magic, it also makes them quite frail, and vulnerable to those with a high killing potential.

These "Empowered," in addition to being different in appearance, can be much, much different in personality than their original "counterpart;" here, the term "counterpart" is used very loosely. Due to this, Powertale is generally regarded as a "glitch" in the multiverse by those who are aware of other universes. This also places the world of Powertale in the crosshairs of Error!Sans.

Basic storyline: 

Long ago, two races ruled the surface; HUMANS and EMPOWERED.

However, eventually, war broke out between the two races. After a long-fought battle, the humans were victorious. They sealed the Empowered underground with a magic spell.

You know where this goes from here. Mt. Ebott, those who climb the mountain never return...Blah blah blah. You know how Undertale starts.

However, this is going to be quite different.

What I'm looking for: 

At least 1 human, can be more.

At least 1 Empowered, can be more.

If no Empowered wishes to play the part of the boss in the ruins, Snowdin, Waterfall or Hotland, they will be NPC'd when the need for them strikes.

We are NOT going to be accepting applications for the King of All Empowered. King Asgore will be an NPC.

The Empowered aren't limited to "X character equivalent" - even if you're going to be taking their place in the story, it's not a requirement to make them like the original character. You can have a completely different character from the original, and it'll be accepted. In fact, my character, while they're going to take Sans' place in the story, will, personality-wise, be pretty different.

This sounds interesting... are the Empowered just a general replacement of monsters of Undertale? Are they just humans with magic?

This sounds interesting... are the Empowered just a general replacement of monsters of Undertale? Are they just humans with magic?

A bit of A, a bit of B. They do take the place of Undertale's Monsters, and, appearance-wise, are mostly humanlike(though their hair and eyes can naturally be any color, and their eyes glow).

Great. We have a human. (Though, no rule is present that there can't be more than one human in the Underground at a time.)

So, anyone else signing up?

On Friday, I'll make the thread. From there, I'll throw in a few "random encounter" NPCs for the Ruins if we don't get anyone else, and a Ruins boss if we don't get anything for that, either.

Anyone who's posted here, please tell me if you'd be willing to take up the Ruins boss monster. They don't even necessarily have to have any ties to the royal family at all - they just have to have gotten to the point where they stay in the old Ruins, away from civilization, somehow.

The Hosted Project is up, but everything's still a work-in-progress. I'll make an OOC now, discuss there for now...We'll start up once we have a basic idea of what we're doing, and apps are up.

Last edited by a moderator:
i figured id ask a question here before making any choices. So if the backstory is anything like undertale that would mean there were humans that fell before. now on to my question, I like to follow the ghost chara narrator theory. Is there any chance I could play as a character like that? if not Ill think of something els. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back