• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Power Rangers Neon (18+) OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ace Cream Ace Cream I imagine a metropolitan planet like Super Mechana would have countless different faiths present in it's different communities. There would be no national religion, but I can imagine there would be a few more prominent ones. Something akin to a cosmic-catholic church. Did you have something in mind?

Ace Cream Ace Cream I imagine a metropolitan planet like Super Mechana would have countless different faiths present in it's different communities. There would be no national religion, but I can imagine there would be a few more prominent ones. Something akin to a cosmic-catholic church. Did you have something in mind?
Cosmic catholic church with ankh-shaped spaceship as their central church. Maybe they worship the source of the ranger's power? This will put even more role for the ranger though XD
And have a powerful satellite that can see through the Entire Super Mechana? 'God' is watching you.

Cosmic catholic church with ankh-shaped spaceship as their central church. Maybe they worship the source of the ranger's power? This will put even more role for the ranger though XD
And have a powerful satellite that can see through the Entire Super Mechana? 'God' is watching you.
I have a few ideas starting, but no god's eye satellite lol. I feel like that would be too OP for a side character organization. I WILL however include a secret sect of this religion later whom worship Rita-magic instead of the ranger magic who kidnap one of us to give her as an offering

So what kinds of characters do we have so far? I'm currently playing around with a snarky ex-con idea, if nothing else than to set myself up as the Lancer.

As far as a weapon, I kind of want to do a rope dart. Just made more futuristic. Potentially functioning out of a bracer that contains a hard-to-see but incredibly strong cable attached to a small plasma blade that can be launched out for attacks and swung around to keep momentum.

So what kinds of characters do we have so far? I'm currently playing around with a snarky ex-con idea, if nothing else than to set myself up as the Lancer.

As far as a weapon, I kind of want to do a rope dart. Just made more futuristic. Potentially functioning out of a bracer that contains a hard-to-see but incredibly strong cable attached to a small plasma blade that can be launched out for attacks and swung around to keep momentum.

Glavenus Slayer? Thats my second favorite monster you prick, after Anjanath of course

"For my Black Ranger, Im thinking of him being a pure physical powerhouse who struggles in mobility or ranged capabilities. Also Im thinking of either gauntlets or great hammer, the hammer would have plasma thrusters on the back of the head to give it that much more oomph....as for background Im thinking a possible undercity fighting ring street kid from the rough slums with a heart of gold, also enjoys fighting in general meaning combat missions would get him excited" This is gonna be the teams Muscle

Glavenus Slayer? Thats my second favorite monster you prick, after Anjanath of course

Ah, a fellow man of culture. What's your main weapon? I'm more a Sword 'n' Board dude. But yeah, one of my favorite monster designs. Carnotaurus. With a sword tail. Pure brilliance.

I was also thinking undercity for my characters background, and maybe more of a strategist? Certainly was thinking of him having a weapon that's tricky to use for the uninitiated.

Ah, a fellow man of culture. What's your main weapon? I'm more a Sword 'n' Board dude. But yeah, one of my favorite monster designs. Carnotaurus. With a sword tail. Pure brilliance.

I was also thinking undercity for my characters background, and maybe more of a strategist? Certainly was thinking of him having a weapon that's tricky to use for the uninitiated.

Hammer myself and sure make a strategist but be ready for my character to make fun of yours, "Who needs all those complicated plans and crap,
WHEN YOU CAN JUST BREAK SOME SKULLS!" All Brawn...less brain

I dig that idea, are you going classic kung fu rope dart combat style or are you also going to use the wire as a deadly spider web anime style? Either is completely fine of course.

So far otherwise, correct me if I'm wrong everyone:

Black Ranger is, in true spirit of the Minotour, a tank. Can punch with the weight of planets behind him, take ALL the damage, not much mana.

Pink is a psychic/technomancer with AOE weapons, drawing power from a carbuncle.

Yellow's character was raised high class in the upper levels, has as of yet undecided on abilities but leaning towards a support role status effects and speed. Also undecided on the mythical creature I believe

Red is going to be an ex SDF agent (Think the FBI of magic crimes) turned ranger. A strong moral compass but not entirely lawful good. A pretty boy with a bit of an ego. Will rely heavily on martial arts, drawing power from the dragon, with heat manipulation as a power. Creating plasma out of the gas in the atmosphere by superheating it, or creating walls of superheated air which melt bullets/attacks upon entry (excluding other hot attacks like plasma weapons.) things like that. I haven't decided on his weapon but I'm leaning toward a spear.

As far as abilities go, think cosmic and OP. Obviously no godmodding your way into one hit KO's every match, but power rangers are always esoteric and causing explosions, yknow? Any ideas on the mythical creature to match your color?

I dig that idea, are you going classic kung fu rope dart combat style or are you also going to use the wire as a deadly spider web anime style? Either is completely fine of course.

So far otherwise, correct me if I'm wrong everyone:

Black Ranger is, in true spirit of the Minotour, a tank. Can punch with the weight of planets behind him, take ALL the damage, not much mana.

Pink is a psychic/technomancer with AOE weapons, drawing power from a carbuncle.

Yellow's character was raised high class in the upper levels, has as of yet undecided on abilities but leaning towards a support role status effects and speed. Also undecided on the mythical creature I believe

Red is going to be an ex SDF agent (Think the FBI of magic crimes) turned ranger. A strong moral compass but not entirely lawful good. A pretty boy with a bit of an ego. Will rely heavily on martial arts, drawing power from the dragon, with heat manipulation as a power. Creating plasma out of the gas in the atmosphere by superheating it, or creating walls of superheated air which melt bullets/attacks upon entry (excluding other hot attacks like plasma weapons.) things like that. I haven't decided on his weapon but I'm leaning toward a spear.

As far as abilities go, think cosmic and OP. Obviously no godmodding your way into one hit KO's every match, but power rangers are always esoteric and causing explosions, yknow? Any ideas on the mythical creature to match your color?

Little of column A, little of column B. Probably starting with more grounded moves, then adding more over the top tricks later.

As far as a creature, I've been thinking about the Hydra. Powers are still being tossed around. Possibly something with water or multiplying attacks? Itll come about eventually.

Little of column A, little of column B. Probably starting with more grounded moves, then adding more over the top tricks later.

As far as a creature, I've been thinking about the Hydra. Powers are still being tossed around. Possibly something with water or multiplying attacks? Itll come about eventually.

Poison works just as well as water and for the multiple head gimmick...how about 8 tentacles that sprout from your rangers body?

Poison works just as well as water and for the multiple head gimmick...how about 8 tentacles that sprout from your rangers body?

The tentacle angle is a bit too Kraken for my liking. Another option could be spatial distortion and that could lead to some serious thinking-with-portals shenanigans. Plus it ties into the Hydra from the 12 Labors and allows my character to pull off some tricky feints.

The tentacle angle is a bit too Kraken for my liking. Another option could be spatial distortion and that could lead to some serious thinking-with-portals shenanigans. Plus it ties into the Hydra from the 12 Labors and allows my character to pull off some tricky feints.
I can definitely see your sword splitting into eight, or you could go even more literal and have it multiply every time an enemy cuts the string lol. Clones is a good option, portals fits the theme better though. Feel free to stack on multiple abilities as long as they all coincide with your creature. I believe the hydra had a poison bite as well but id hold off on that to make sure your powers dont cross with Princess Roomba Princess Roomba

Last edited:
I can definitely see your sword splitting into eight, or you could go even more literal and have it multiply every time an enemy cuts the string lol. Clones is a good option, portals fits the theme better though. Feel free to stack on multiple abilities as long as they all coincide with your creature. I believe the hydra had a poison bite as well but id hold off on that to make sure your powers dont cross with Princess Roomba Princess Roomba

Yeah, that's part of the concern. Don't need two rangers throwing around poison. I'm a fan of the weapon splitting into multiple as an at-will thing as opposed to a reaction to damage. Looking at what could be done and where it could go, spatial distortion is looking like a good power to take. And to have a name that fits with the motif of [Mythical Creature] of the [Color] [Cosmic Event/Object] I think the current working one is Hydra of the Blue Wormhole. Or maybe Wyrmhole for the pun.

Currently, I’m stuck between Thunderbird with control over Electromagnetic forces, and Dryad with Chlorokinesis. So... Sombra vs Poison Ivy, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back