• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers: Bio Strike

Characters
Here
Other
Here
A jog in the park actually was rather nice. A good chance to take his mind off things and not think of anything other than were he was going to put his feet. Lucas was trying his best to pick up his life again after the emotional rollercoaster that had been the last couple of days. When he wasn't at his job or spending time writing, he could be found in the hospital visiting his sister. Evie was still alive and breathing, more or less. She was still in a coma, many body parts in casts due to all the broken bones. It didn't quite feel right to see his sister hooked up to all those machines and monitors, and there was still a lot of insecurities as to whether she'd ever wake up again. He shook his head. Not what he wanted to think about right now, as harsh as it may sound. He caught his breath for a moment before gulping down some of that delicious cold water. Somehow, water tastes even better when you're an exhausted sweating mess.
"I know right?" Lucas replied. He saw Jane much more as the type to completely destroy any type of dress rather than voluntarily wearing one. "It's almost unreal." He briefly thought back to the day where most of the Bio Strike Rangers were turned into toddlers by a certain ragdoll monster... who may or may not have been a child herself. To this day one of the stranger and more disturbing things they've had to fight. Right up there with the alien chicken who was just a mutated baby. Not per se disturbing because of what they were, but because it really shakes up and twists ones vision on who's evil and who's not. "By the way," he turned to Calvin for a moment. "How's Max holding up?" He knew Commander Sanchez and his sister had been rather close as of late.

Tidal too, caught his breath and drank some water before speaking. Whereas Lucas thought back of Ragdoll, he immediately thought of the strange and twisted "alternate future" where Jane had been this world's equivalent of one of the Mean Girls, pink dress and all. An image he thought he'd pushed away to the very back of his mind, but now that Drew mentioned the girls going dress shopping for Jane, the image was right there again. He nearly choked on his water in laughter, coughing and drying himself off with his shirt. "Jane in a dress... please tell me her sister didn't make the dresscode "pink and frilly". As much as I'd pay to see that again, Jane would go on a murder spree."
---
Actera bowed her head. As much as she'd love to hear Volmours suggestion as of which Ranger to go after next, she had her own orders now. Their last plan went absolutely swimmingly... and then unfortunately it drowned. So it made sense to her that the Empress would want to hear another suggestion rather than have Blood choose and fail again. "Of course, my lady," she said before she turned her attention to Blood. "Come along now," she beckoned him to follow her into the hallways of the spaceship.

"That won't be necessary, my lady," Volmour interjected. "My proposal heavily involves our Blood as well as General Actera. If you will indulge me?" The general gestured they stop in their tracks and remain present. An upwards inflection gave away he had a most involving plan. Instead of relying on Blood's brute force and Actera's key mind it will involved a more cooperative nature. More tricks up his sleeve, there are. The past has been all about violence and wide assaults on the Rangers, but this calls for a a great deal of violence and a focused assault. "Use your imagination," he began, hinting his intended target. "An esteemed veteran of Inezian City Defense will be attending his daughters wedding. This veteran not only served against us but dealt many crippling blows to our operations in the past. Working towards a brighter future he became a symbol of hope among his city. We can eliminate him at his own daughters wedding. And the bride? She's the sister of one little girl in the Rangers." An assassination on her father and her! Hurt the city's morale, hurt the Rangers.
"I have eyes on the situation as we speak," Volmour continued. Chuckling behind his plan the general threw himself into a fit of glee. It may be his best plan yet.
---
She thumped the fitting room wall and deeply inhaled. "And let you see me like this? Listen we're close but not that close," Jane replied, denying Olivia's offer of help getting into this tightmare. Oh that is no typo. A nightmare that's tight: a tightmare. She swallowed down a laugh when stated they weren't girly girls. A bigger laugh when suggested she liked girl time. Everyone needs a bit of quality time with their friends one on one but this is not her idea of that quality. For her quality time would involve more nachos and people watching. Wearing anything but this tightmare of a thing. Sucking in her gut she finally managed to get into it. "Fuck yeah!" Jane exclaimed. Drew in some attention from customers in the store... awkward. Christy and her friends overheard it when making their approach.
"How's she doing in there?" Christy asked Olivia. Christy looked remarkably like a slightly older Jane. A brunette instead of a blonde, though.
"Oh I'm great. Peachy. I can totally breath with all lung capacity in this. But I think something's backwards," Jane said from inside. Christy just shrugged and let herself in. Followed by a shriek from Jane, the sisters had one of the classic bicker-help moments.
Christy's friends waited quietly outside with Olivia. They found everything they were looking for. A new pair of heels, a blue broach and one of them is letting Christy borrow a necklace.

Moments later the sisters emerged. Christy feigned a drum roll. "I present to you, Miss Jane Romano," she said, making way. Out steps an uncomfortable-looking Jane in a navy blue knee-length dress. A cinched waist, flattering angles and a tasteful amount of class. Heels she didn't wanna wear, either. But she's in a dress for maybe the first time in years. She struck a clearly not accustomed pose. "Ta...da?"

Jogging is the best thing they could go. Girls get girl time, guys get guy time. The girls are always saying how much they want to go shopping together when they're with the guys training. Always with the 'we need to get shoes' or 'a manicure sounds great' comments. Ah. Nobody can say that with a straight face about these ladies. Jane would rather eat a live pig. Olivia may not be as revolted by it, but she's never struck Calvin as that type. There is nothing wrong with that type of girl, no, just it doesn't at all describe the girls of their group. In all honesty it's weird being out for a jog without them. "She's gotta have something to wear, fellas. Her nicest suit is the one she fights aliens in. I don't think anyone is supposed to upstage the bride," Calvin said between big gulps from his water bottle. He jogs at least every other day, but that hasn't stopped the sweat or the thirst. Looking around he realized just how much he liked spending time with everyone. Another realization for something they do literally all the time.
"Okay Tidal, I think the dress code is just look nice. Or so I've seen her sister post about on social media." What, Calvin can't have his friends' family members added? "Lucas, Max is alright. He and Commander Tucker had a little thing goin' on but he kinda pretended when he heard the news it was just another battle story. He's hurtin, though."

Assassinations are a classic means of settling a score with enemies in war. For every dozen of your soldiers taken out, you eliminate one elite general of theirs. Blood came to a stop, glancing behind over his shoulder at the hint of imagination. He and Actera both play some part in Volmour's plan; a plan he's come up with despite not being the one with the ability of a Ranger Slayer. Had that name not been so...familiar or obvious, there's a chance he'd have been code named as such. "I'm heavily involved in my pre-designated task? I'm touched, General," Blood commented, snorting and crossing his arms. Resting his arm against the wall he watched the presentation unfold before the Empress. With a simple move of a finger she shushed him.
"Ah...yes I like it," Splica said. "Humans care greatly for honor of the past. Actions of yesterday are remembered with high respect. If this general is so well-loved I'm sure his demise would be a crippling assault on the city. Being that adorable girls father is just the icing on the cake. The pain of her father's death may kill her before we do. But just how are Actera and Blood a part of this?"
---
"I'm sorry, I suppose it's a little strange seeing co-workers like this." Ah. She considers her to be her co worker. She is, in a sense, but stating it that way is oddly humble. Olivia's not seen too much of Jane outside of fighting and occasional group activities. Being the girls on this team would imply they spend a lot of time together. As if their sex defaults them to being best friends. Don't get her wrong, she loves Jane! Almost like a sister to her. Olivia didn't have anyone her age growing up aside from William. So having people now is like getting the siblings she never had. Save for Lucas whom... uh, is it warm in here?
She nearly jumped as Jane celebrated the dress with profanity! People turned their heads so fast they may as well have seen an abominable snowman! "She's really excited. Dresses are just so rare for her!" Olivia awkwardly explained to other shoppers. They just walked away. Christy and her friends instead came closer. It's amazing just how much she looks like her sister! Well it shouldn't be that much of a surprise given they share genetic makeup. Jane basically answered her question.

Now Olivia must stand idly by with Christy's friends. Girls she does not know, and aside from liking their outfits, has nothing in common with them as far as she knows. She's not great at the girly girl thing, either...
Dramatic entrance, cue the lights. Cue the music. Cue the very uncomfortable Jane. But that dress, those shoes, and especially the flattering fit. "Jane... you look beautiful!" she said, full of genuine appreciation. Hopefully it doesn't end up with her getting walloped on the head. "Very different, yes, but it's nice." Sometimes different is good. What would the guys think?

"Wait a second, Cal...you have Christy added? I don't even have her added. Come to think of it...do I have most of them added? Evie, I do. But I don't know about your family, Calvin... Lucas, you have her? Tidal?" Drew for whatever reason felt stunned at the realization. He didn't have Jane's sister! It's bothering him for...some reason? He can't really come up with a reason. Not to interrupt Lucas checking on how Max might be doing. Tidal didn't strike him as a social media guy... unless he's hiding a double life as this social superstar. Uses fourteen hashtags just to show off new gross coffee, his cat has her own profile, and he accepts brand deals from quirky indie gigs. All while he thinks about this he's giving Tidal this weird coy smile. Unconsciously, of course. In the background of that conversation between sips of water, Drew checked his timeline on his phone. A cherry red phone case? Don't mind him. "That delivery guy that's always bringing me and Isaac takeout has Christy... So does that nurse I went out with, Katie... What, even my told teacher?? I'm open to feedback--am I unaddable?" Drew's really interested by this!

Actera turned on her heels and crossed her arms, her brow furrowed into a curious frown. Volmour using whatever little thinking capacity he had to come up with a plan? She tapped her fingers together as the other general spoke, getting more and more curious as he elaborated his plan. An assassination of not only a symbol of hope for the city, but also the father of the Blue Ranger? That would surely crush her! She watched Volmour, awaiting his response to the Empress' question. Just what was to be their role in all of this?
---
Lucas chuckled at Calvin's comment. "No, that'd be rude. And it would kind of screw up the whole "nobody's supposed to know who we are" thing. Just a little bit." He grinned. Jane was probably glad the dresscode wasn't "pink and frilly". He was very much inclined to agree with Tidal that Jane would go on a murder spree if that was the case. Heck, she probably was already pissed enough as is that she had to wear a dress. The dresscode Chrissy has posted to her socials was clear enough in that. He turned to Calvin. "Glad to hear Max is holding up alright. He does know he can visit Evie whenever he wants, right? If he doesn't, do pass on the message. You're likely to see him around someplace before I do.". He and Tidal both turned to Drew as the conversation came back on the topic of Social Media. Lucas fished his phone out of his pocket and glanced at his own timeline. "I've got lots of you added. Isaac, Chrissy, Jim, Evie of course... Several other people too..."
"I just have the people on there I get along with the most. So no, I don't think I have Chri--... oh wait, I do have her. Mostly because she follows Sally's account on Picshare." Did Tidal just admit Sally has her own social account on a picture sharing platform? Yes he did, and he's not even embarrassed by it. Raising awareness for poor street cats and dogs one cute picture at the time! Is this really the same person that once blew up a car and murdered people?
"Drew.... did you ever even send her an invite? I'm sure she'd add you if you did," Lucas tried to suggest. He's more of a lurker on social media himself, usually. Mainly using it to stay in touch with others.

Satisfied to please the Empress, Volmour tapped into their surveillance on the city of Inezia to the bridal shop. Inside they could see Jane in her dress, her sister, the bridesmaids and Olivia. The background stood a helpful and pretty store worker. "Actera and Blood will need to see the tailor. They'll be infiltrating the wedding right before everyone's very eyes." A tailor? A man and woman infiltrating a wedding right in... oh dear. Blood better like wearing a tux. And Actera better make the best out of wearing the wedding dress. For a lot of women its a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
---
Under her breath, Jane planned several ways to snap Olivia's neck and prevent her from ever saying 'you look beautiful' ever again. Christy and the bridesmaids clapped that giddy girl clap. Teen movies about getting that one tomboy into a girly girl just before prom to nail the hot quarterback she's crushing on featured that exact same squeak. If she never had to hear it again it would be way too fucking soon. She hates this dress. It's tight and it's itchy! But Christy's smile makes it worth it. Her big sister's getting married and she wouldn't wanna mess anything up for her. Seeing her so happy makes her happy. Ever since...it happened when they were kids she's wanted to make her big sis happy. On the outside Jane's smiling and letting Christy show her off but on the inside she's planning what threat to make so this never gets spoken of again. If anyone so even thinks to snap a picture of her, she'll--
"Smile!" Christy shouted, snapping a pic on her phone of Jane to share online. Well now it's too late to do anything about pictures.

Jane slithered back into the changing room to put on her normal attire and bag up the dress. After carefully slipping it back into plastic to avoid wrinkles or stains she carried it to the counter to rent it. But Christy insisted on her getting the freaking thing so Christy's paying the rent on it. "If I so much as hear one word about the dress I will flip the entire dome upside down," Jane said quietly to Olivia. She's joking...right? The clerk handed over the dress, flashed them all a bright smile that almost twinkled and wished the ladies a well day. Outside, she let Christy take the dress along with everything else she got. "Okay ladies, what's next? Wedding's tomorrow. I say we hit a restaurant and get the cutest waiter possible!" one of the bridesmaids suggested. Christy nodded and tugged her sisters arm. "Yeah! Whattaya say, sis? It'll be fun! Olivia can come too."
Not wanting to be rude, she was not about to spend any more time being overly girly today. "Thanks, sis. I think Liv and I will take a rain check, though. We uh...promised our friends we'd meet them at the gym. Gotta get our squats in," Jane said just before doing a squat. Good form!
"Oh, okay. I'll see you at home. My last night with the family before moving in with my...husband!" Christy exclaimed. Squeaks erupt! "Thanks for coming out today. You don't know how much this means to me," she said, holding up on the dress and pecking her little sis on the head before leaving with her friends.
Waving her sister goodbye, Jane sighed and turned to Olivia. "Okay, can we call the Empress to attack the city now? I REALLY NEED TO HIT SOMETHING FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK." Tomboy needs to tomboy now!
---
"Max is visiting later today. If you go to see her you just might catch him there," Calvin said. Turning his attention to their completely sound leader...
"Lemme check my list. Yeah, I'm seeing all of you, Evie, Jane's family, your brother, my family, Jim, that guy with the funny hair, a couple of the technicians in the lab," Calvin list off his social media friends list. Calvin isn't one for posting, like Lucas, but he does tend to post a picture every now and then and people like it or comment on it. He'll share articles on things he finds interesting or just reads things his parents tag him in. There's a video of him testing newer recruits by squeezing a rubber chicken as they stand at attention to see who breaks composure. It's a fun one. "Drew you're awfully invested in why she hasn't added you..." he said. Nobody seems to be paying attention to Tidal's cat having her own page somewhere. How's that not the topic of conversation?
---
"A little distraction had ought to give them time to work. Four Rangers are separated from the primary target. I'll dispatch a band of Dytrons and Deathtrons immediately. Their friends will come running. Right where I want them. You two get to the bridal shop. You'll see that the clerk is willing to help you," Volmour said to Actera and Blood. Time to get this show on the road.

"A tailor? My, how interestingly mundane of a plan. You two get to the shop. If this serves purpose for infiltration I want you fitted and dressed your absolute best." The Empress is completely on board with the idea. If it gets damage to city morale and the extinction of the Blue Power brat she'll be more than happy to cooperate with the generals plan. Positioning herself so she may scratch at the slightly irritated injection site, Splica felt Zeninian genetics course through her. Her experiment was working perfectly at just the right developmental rate. Before any physical changes she will see many other benefits best kept a secret for now.
"This had better be good, tin can. If not I'll fry your firewalls and embed more subservient programming in you," Blood growled at Volmour and prepped for teleportation with the other general. They'd better get somewhere with this.
---
Olivia just may live to regret ever calling Jane beautiful in a dress. At first she assumed the tomboy thing was just a fun quirk she had. Now she's aware it is so much more. This girl despises the cute and the frilly. She could only stand quietly by as Jane got changed back to her normal clothes before handing the dress over to be paid on. "I almost believe that," she quietly said to Jane in response to the dome flipping. "Got it. No talk on the dress. That really nice dress. That you honestly looked quite nice in if I may be so honest, just.... oh dear, have I gone over to your bad side now?" Olivia couldn't help herself. Jane really did look nice in the dress. Just a slip of fabric can be a dramatic change to someone's appearance. Not that her usual t shirt and jeans look isn't nice.
Getting out of more time with her sister. Smoothly done, if she can say so herself. Olivia waved politely as Christy and her friends ventured off to their next activity. Touching to see the sisters be sisters. A different side of Jane she never saw. She's seen Jane be kind and a great friend, this is true, but she's never seen her so...restrained and calm.

And now she wants there to be an attack so she can hit something. The restraint did not last long. "Technically speaking we are able to send her a message. But unless you want to welcome an attack on innocent pe...you're kidding, aren't you?" Gee, there she goes again. The expression on her face went form rational to realization-al in seconds. "Your sister seems nice. It must have been great to grow up with a sister. I always wanted a sister. Or a brother." Change the conversation by not addressing her friends desire to be violent. Brilliant tactic.
---
"Of course I sent her an invite! I'm not shy by any means. If we know the same person and I'm close to the person we both know then I'm basically close to you in some way so I add you." That's a one-take sentence for the books. One breath, too. Notice the lack of punctuation on purpose. "What? How come nobody adds me back hardly? I'm friendly. I'm cool," Drew said. He really is getting worked up over this! Had Drew removed himself from the situation he'd find it funny. Now he's just insecure! The hell? Only seconds after hearing Calvin and Lucas list off their friends lists he opened his mouth to speak when Tidal said something very alarming to him. "Hold up. Sally...has a Picshare account?"
And not wanting to give him a satisfying response, the Armada's welcoming party arrived on scene. All around them spawned a squad of Dytrons led by two Deathtrons. Completely surrounded! Drew immediately switched to game time and put his phone away, arms up. "Awe man. Breaks over, fellas," he said. A random attack at a random time? This isn't a distraction from anything at all. Maybe they're just picking times to take them out now. No civilians nearby, thank God.

Drew leaped into work over a bench, luring a Dytron to take a seat as he hooked its head into the wood. Blocking with his arms, he pushed back two of the metal heads and kicked them into the ground. "Guess the Empress thought we'd wanna play!" Dytrons swarmed all of the guys at once. The Deathtrons targeting Drew and Tidal. Catching a Dytrons' arm, Drew used it as a robot shield and plowed into more of its friends until the Deathtron got ahold of him and flung him over the bench and rolling onto the pavement of the running trail. Grunting on impact, he swooped his legs under its feet, barely tripping it up to give him clearance to get back up. He gave the others a look of 'gets too intense or they send a big guy, call the girls.' And right then it got intense when the Deathtron after him slammed is fist into his face.

Pieces coming together there, and Actera wasn't sure if she liked where this plan was going. Infiltrating a wedding, seeing a tailor. The general furrowed her brow. The Empress seemed to approve of this plan, however, so they'd best just all get along with it. The sooner they do this, the sooner it's over. As long as they'd get to destroy one or more rangers in the progress, and plunge the city into grief over the loss of a well-esteemed military figure... eh. That's a win.
"I'd be more than happy to help in the process of frying his mainframe," Actera said to Blood.
---
"I'm just asking!" Lucas raised his hands. How anyone would get that kind of worked up over something so trivial as the amount of followers on Social Media was a mystery to him. Seemed like a thing best reserved for teenage girls and influencers. It's odd to see their leader like this, worried about his popularity status. Tidal watched Drew's descent with some degree of amusement, quickly checking Sally's Picshare account. A solid amount of followers his adorable kitty has. Not a lot of brand deals or anything. That's kinda difficult in the world as it is today. But raising awareness for animal shelters and causes that save and protect abandoned animals definitely happens there. Cats and dogs belong in warm and loving homes, not left behind in a dumpster or river, doomed to die a sad, lonely, painful death. Now that's upsetting. Just as he was about to inform Drew that Sally has indeed a Picshare account, and mention the number of followers just to egg their leader on a little bit, some of the most unwelcome guests arrived at the scene. A party of Dytrons and Deathtrons showing up completely uninvited.

"These guys sure have an annoying timing, don't they?" Tidal commented. There's never a good or welcome time for an alien attack, although others might disagree. Heck, hasn't almost every single one of them wished for an attack to happen so that they can take their mind off whatever was bothering them? If only they'd show up when there were no civilians around that would be endangered. Like now, oddly. It's a good thing there's nobody else nearby. Now they can just get to the butt-kicking without having to worry that their identities might be exposed. Tidal beckoned the Deathtron coming for him. Punching a tin-can unmorphed is painful. Getting punched by a tin can while unmorphed is even more painful. Tidal gasped for air as the Deathtron kicked him full force in his gut, knocking him backwards against one of the benches.

A quick text was all it took Lucas to alert the girls of the attack in the park. There was no need for any of the guys to have been present at the dress-shopping for them to guess Jane would likely want to punch something now, right? Anything cute or frilly would be enough to send Jane into a flying fit of tomboy fury. And boy could they use that right now! He slipped his phone into a pocket. He elbowed a Dytron on his one side, and spin-kicked one coming for his other side. A hard metal knee in his lower back send him stumbling forward. Lucas grunted and turned around, only for that same Dytron to knock him right onto the pavement. Yep, they were definitely short a few hands and feet here.

"Go, both of you. There is no time to waste," Volmour cared not for petty comments as he was working on a master plan. The Emperor had threatened to fry him so many times he'd lost count. Do these two really think they scare him? Nevermind him being cybernetic with no true emotion, he's used to this.
Beaming the two of them to Earth just when the coast was clear. The Bio Girls had long since left the store and were elsewhere out of sight. Alone in the store, the clerk greeted the general and Blood kindly like she does any other customer. Looking them up and down, seeing their militaristic space attire, her smile lowered into a neutral bland expression. "It's about time the two of you show. I've had it up to here with these Earthlings," she said. Her voice did not sound feminine at all. Instead it was masculine and scruffy!

Unveiling its true form, the clerk changed before their eyes changed into a larger-bodied monster. Pale yellow, almost white skin. Like older paper in a book sitting on a library shelf for a few years. A big center eye made the core of its chest with smaller eyes surrounding it, blinking in unison under hoods of armor cells. Its face was technically its mid section, and its head was a horn. "I am Evalai. Master of deception and infiltration. Proudly recruited off my home planet to assassinate your biggest foes." Evalai dragged the actual clerk, as well as her co worker from the back room. Both of the women were scared and shaken up. "My abilities let me trick an alien species' eyes into seeing anything I want them to see. Faces, bodies, etc. These two are going to fit you into identical wedding attire for the newlyweds tomorrow and you will go in looking exactly like them. Nobody will be the wiser. And when the time is right, you'll kill the military man and his entire family. Including the Blue Ranger!" Evalai cackled to the ceiling above him.
He faced the store workers. "Alright, you two. Get to work on my friends here before I vaporize you!" The women nodded in fear of their lives, scrambling to their feet and getting to work. Now...how are they gonna ask these two to undress.... gulp.
---
"It's either hilarious or sad just how much you're into the social media world. This a new hobby? You never talk about it," Calvin went on. Indeed it is weird to see their leader this way. A man trusted with not only incredible powers and giant vehicles, but also with two sets of armor that stack on his existing powers. Deep rooted insecurity? Jane did kiss him the one time so maybe he got sort of a crush on her and wants her sister to like him. Her friends know how important her sister is to her. How special a bond they have and what they went through together. Looking back, that was an uncomfortable yet eye opening story she told them all after Tempest attacked. It's funny. She went tom taking a stand to a man-controlling monster, to spilling her guts out, to leading the charge when trapped in a virtual world. This girl has one of the more unique paths he's ever seen.
Swirling in beams of light from up above--not heavenly by any means--arrived some friends. "Oh, ample timing," Calvin added to Tidal's comments. Battle cry let out, Calvin ducked and rolled forward between two of the small fries. Jab kicking at ones ankles he then vaulted over it to clothesline an incoming attacker. "You guys wanna see something funnier than a tin can?" he asked the Dytrons. Yes, he asked the Dytrons a question mid fight. Although they for some reason didn't want to hear anything funny. So they kept attacked. Dodging and dashing around, he lifted a trash can not bolted to the ground and slammed it on top of a random metalmade freak. "A tin can in a tin can." With that said, he played 'kick the can' and proceeded to kick the can around the robot several times before shoving it into a big group of them. Dusting his hands off, he let himself open to a strike from behind that knocked him into a park sign. "What a difference having two more makes," he said under his breath, spin kicking at the next one to come at him.
---
"Yes, Olivia, I'm kidding." Jane smiled softly and rolled her eyes and knuckles. The two of them walking along away from the store and into a more populated part of town. She'd better watch what she says before Olivia has her trialed for something bad. Another joke? She wanted to hit something so badly, though. Surrounding herself with all of that hyper girly stuff and the floral, kind of vanilla scent of the place just reminded her of a grandmas house. Not her grandma, just the general idea of what a grandma's house smelled like. "Christy's great. Having a sibling isn't always a piece of cake but it has its great moments. You might end up fighting over a hairy dryer or who gets what first, but your parents either break it up or the baby gets what she wants. Now that I would know," she said, flashing the most innocent smile ever to cross her face.
"But no, other than using the baby card when I was 4, I haven't fought with my sis a whole lot. She's always been a little overprotective though. Guilty, only letting me out of her sight when I got my learners permit..."

The text message buzzed Jane's phone in her back pocket. She pulled it out with one message from 'Scotsman.' Actually, looking under that conversation you'd be able to see texts with a...Cupcake? Someone with only cat emojis as the name, Drew, and a group chat with Mad Max and TayTay. She has cute nicknames!
"Uh oh. The guys need our help. We'd better get going before..." she paused in the middle of her sentence. A formula for disaster. Across the busy intersection she watched as a man walked by. A man around her fathers age. Carrying himself in a similar way that...and he looks like... Jane dropped her phone. Protected by its case at least.
"Go without me," Jane said, growing angry and sprinting after the man. She ran through traffic and slid across the hood of a car just to get to the other side. "Hey! Hey you! Stop right there! HEY!" The man knew he was being chased by some crazy girl so he ran. Jane sprinted after him, attracting a lot of consumed looks from people.

Inezia, for as big as it is, has no shortage of unnecessary business. What is meant by that is for the state of Earth there sure are a bunch of places dedicated to non-essential methods of public service. Entertainment, frivolous ceremony and even sporting events. If they don't want to get dominated they should put more effort into their military. Maybe then the Rangers would comprise of completely skilled individuals as opposed to two military personnel and three civilians alongside a dirty traitor. The bridal shop's aesthetic made Blood's stomach churl. "I don't like this place," he said aside to Actera. He said it in the same inflection as a horror movie character before they enter that haunted house in the woods.
The clerk went from prim to proper-strange real quick. "Master of deception, eh? Like that failed Gemini?" Deception's never been these guys' strong point. Blood looked Evalai up and down. Good plan. Are all of his eyes...blinking at the same time?
"You can make us look like the bride and groom to be but you can't change out outfits? Must we bother with these two? If you were here with Blue already, why not eliminate her?" Blood asked. What kind of power is it to change a body and not clothes? The eyes see those too. "If this allows us to take the Blue Ranger down a peg, I'll do it."
---
Man does everyone have something to say about social media. It's so weird that the leader, who one would assume is so charismatic, has the online presence of a shoe. This rings in the back of his head even as the fight goes on. "Hey, lemme borrow that!" Drew yelled to Calvin. A tin can inside of a tin can? Brilliance! It's that kind of resourcefulness that makes him glad he's here. When the bots got knocked down, Drew took the can off of the fallen Dytron and hit his Deathtron on top of the head with it. Its head left a dent in the trash can. "That is not what I thought was gonna happen," he said to himself rather quickly as the robot swooped him up and began crushing him in its grasp. Wiggling out of it as fast as he could, Drew kicked its stomach and elbow dunked on the back of its head. Now, it isn't the smartest thing to hit your joint directly on a metal surface, but if its gets the job done then it gets the job done.

"Hey Tidal! Switch up!" Drew hollered at his scruffy friend who seemed to be in a bind. Avoiding a weapon to the skull, Drew ducked under a Dytron's weapon and tackled Tidal's Deathtron to the ground.
---
"For the small arguments, a sibling sounds nice. Someone to grow up along side every step of the way. I imagine if I had a sister she and I would share a room and....oh I don't know, gossip? About boys or something? Or girls, if she was into that. To be frank, I wasn't the girliest girl growing up either..." Olivia trailed off. Science and technology grabbed her attention way more than boys or the color pink slabbed onto everything did. The irony in that sentence is beautiful.
"Had I a brother, I think I would have wanted him take part in experiments. Like baking soda and vinegar volcanoes...only the volcano is a neighbors bird bath. No birds in it, of course." That she might of just gotten from a story Evie once told her or something. Christy's guilt made Olivia frown softly. "What does she have to be guilty for? What happened was out of both of your guys' control. You were children."

Before she could have that heart moment with her, the text on her phone...which has some peculiar names on it, told them it was time to work. But before THAT could happen, Olivia watched Jane just run off in the blink of an eye. She caught Jane's phone and stared at her as she sprinted across an intersection chasing some man. She's suggesting she skip a fight to chase a guy? "Jane? Jane! Come back here!" Olivia started to chase after her. Throwing hand signals at pedestrians and drivers, she apologized for the odd actions taking place.

The place was so... bright and happy and... Ugh. Actera very much shared Blood's sentiment here. She glanced back at him. "Neither do I. It's too... hopeful." And many more things that made her feel like she wanted to throw up. She looked at the clerk, whose smile faded in the blink of an eye. So overly happy clerk was not a really an overly happy clerk after all, huh? Somehow, Actera wasn't in the slightest surprised. The looks of this creature were less than charming, though. The eyes made her feel a tad uncomfortable, too. Evalai... yet another master of deception? "Gemini's strong point was trickery. Not that it worked out too swimmingly for them in the end," Actera corrected Blood and shrugged before turning her attention to Evalai. "You'd better not fail as well, lest you'd be the one to get vaporized." Why Evalai could only change bodies and not clothes... a mystery. But it mattered not, as long as they would succeed in their shared mission of ending the Blue Ranger and the rest of her family.
---
Funny how the topic of conversation just lingered on social media and their leader's lack of presence on said platforms. You would expect the charismatic leader of their group to have at least something of a presence. Something a bit better than the average 50-something year old parent that only has 10 relatives on whatever platform and uses one finger to type. Ten minutes pass and all you're getting from them is a "hello" or an "OK". Anyway... there's something much more important to think about now, isn't there?
"Let's focus on social media later and now just focus on the threat at hand?" Lucas asked, pushing himself off the pavement and rushing at another group of Dytrons, roundhouse-kicking them back in an attempt to create just enough room for him to catch his breath.
"Yeah, I very much prefer not getting my ass kicked," Tidal agreed leaping off the bench he was pushed onto, kicking a Deathtron in the head. It knocked the robot back, but it felt a lot worse than stubbing your toes against the leg of a table. Switching up targets with Drew was a good call.

Having just two more people around to help in the butt-kicking helped greatly in the not-getting-butts-kicked. Until the ladies would get here, though, it was up to them to keep the robots at bay. Tidal took a few deep breaths, dusting himself off just a bit. Here's to hoping they get there soon!

Safe to say being chased by a blonde girl with the speed of ten cheetahs caught the mans attention. Noticing he was being chased sent him into a frenzy where he started to panic run, or run with no direction and just move his legs to move them. He clearly didn't know why he was being chased but now a girls after him. Bystanders and pedestrians were shoved out of his way, as well as Jane's. Run, run, run as fast as you can! He began shouting profanities at her thinking she was some crazy person off her marbles. Jane couldn't hear a thing in the world. Her eyes know what they saw. Him.
Down an alleyway, Jane cornered the man and tackled him to the ground after forcing him into a wall. Sitting on top of him, she cuffed his collar into her hand and readied her fist to attack. "What the hell are you doing here? How did--!?" Jane yelled, her grip loosening. In the blink of an eye the man looked nothing like she had thought. He was just some guy she'd never met. Washed over by regret, she backed against the wall. "I'm so sorry, sir... I thought you were..." Jane didn't get her sentence out. Instead she fled. She ran out of the alley, past Olivia and the bystanders. She just ran.
---
Evalai waved his hand in annoyance. "Fear not, general. Once these women get you and your knock-off Ranger dressed, nobody will be the wiser at that wedding tomorrow! Then bye bye Bluey!" The women measured the waists and limbs of the general and Blood. Fear in their eyes, not a beat missed or a word spoken, they worked faster than average. Pacing around the bridal shop , Evalai plucked something from the dressing room as well as the entrance to the shop. Eyes. Separated eyeballs from its core. He placed them back inside of his core, the eyes blinking as if they had bene opened for hours. "These sure are a sight for sore eyes! Whoever looks into my eyes, I have the ability to manipulate their vision and have my tricks spread like a virus to everyone they look in the eye. That's how Pink and Blue and those other women were fooled. If General Volmour does his part, I'll have every one of the Rangers infected and everyone they look in the eye will be pawns in my game!"
Infecting eyes with a virus to manipulate vision. How delightfully evil. Soon the Rangers will see whatever and whomever Evalai wants them to see! The women finished up measurements and one asked Actera to come with her for fitting into a dress. The woman with Blood could thankfully just hand him a few suits and ask him to try them on. Praying they don't attack them...
---
"Guys, regroup!" Calvin called the others to action, rounding up his friends after putting a few scratches in some Dytrons' paint. Deathtrons, Dytrons, both kept coming. Knock them down and they just got right back up. Taking a maneuver from the military, Calvin introduced his friends to a few moves and positions when things got hairy like a barbershop floor. "Guys, square defense!" That's when you all four stand back to back in a square so there are no blind spots. These may be the small fries that the Armada has to offer but they're just as bad a threat. One Ranger watches the teams backs, the team watches their back.

Right when the attack would continue, Volmour kept his end of Evalai's plan and beamed down to Inezia as a further distraction so no attention could be brought back to the bridal shop. "Rangers, we meet again. Don't look to soon, but this is your doom," he said. His new blade is sharp and heavy. Around his neck is some strange pendant. It's small and hard to see from a distance but it looks like...an eye?
"This keeps getting better... Alright, new plan, I'm tired of waiting on the girls. Let's Ranger up," Calvin greeted the general and sidebarred his team. "Bio Morphers, Initiate!" Green energy flowed around him, his body in suit and helmet over his head. "Green Bio Ranger, ready." An all boys lineup!

Charging, Volmour led his squadron of robots into the Rangers wall of red, yellow, green and black. His pendant certainly caught their eyes! "Hello, Red and Yellow. You've come very far since your beginning. Shame I'll have to end you now!" The general swings his blade overtop Drew's head and swipes it at Lucas' chest. Deathtrons attack the other two all while Dytrons swarm the lot of them.
Calvin, summoning the Bio Ax, dealt with the first bunch of Dytrons coming to him with a heavy slash of his weapon. Now they're headed for the scrap heap. Round two!

"Who you callin a knock-off, eyeball?" Blood snarled, leaning closer to Evalai's direction and messing with his measurements. All of this prodding and inane activity was getting on his nerves. Decorating himself like a child's play thing had better pay off or it will not be the Power Rangers who annihilate this creature. "Without giving into a joke, are you sure the Rangers won't see this coming?"
---
Something has gotten into her! It isn't like Jane to chase a stranger into traffic and through town. She might have quirks but she is in no way this unstable! A little coo-coo when it comes to posing and exploding big giant things, but not unstable! Keeping up with her was hard for Olivia. The shock of seeing her go off on a total stranger played a small part, but Jane was running on pure adrenaline, thus making her faster than a lightning strike. Eventually she caught up with her and went through pedestrians to get to the alley. She witnessed Jane on top of the man with her fist clenched, realizing what she was doing and backing away. She brushed by her but looked...pale. "Jane? Jane?" Olivia asked after her. "What just happened to her?" she asked herself, watching Jane run away. She should report this to the Captain. She should tell him something's up with one of the Rangers... first, the man.
Olivia knelt at his side and checked in on him. "Sir? Are you alright? Apologies for my friend. She seems highly distressed over something, I'm sure it was a misunderstanding."
---
"Assuming square defense!" Drew replied, snapping into form with the other three guys in retaliation against Dytrons. Arms up and ready for a fight, Drew prepared to hold them off right as Volmour himself arrived. Been a while since they'd seen him. What a shame they have to see him today. There's something weird around his neck. When did a general in the Armada develop a sense of fashion and a taste of accessories? "Ready when you are, guys. Bio Morphers, Initiate!" Drew changed along the others, red energy swirling around him and forming his suit to his body. "Red Bio Ranger, ready!" The girls must be held up. What if they're also under attack? Never a boring day in Inezia. Summoning the Bio Saber, Drew slashes into a front line of Dytrons, narrowly dodging Volmour's blade. Partnering up with Lucas, Drew patted forearms with him and took the heat to the general. "Long time, Volmour. Long time you've just not learned with us. Maybe if your motherboard was in right you'd have some sense."

"Let's bring the pain, buddy," Drew said to Lucas, interlocking blades with Volmour and slashing left to right. Flipping his blade around, Drew went for a right hook to the generals face and side stepped out of the way for Lucas to get a clear hit.

Last edited:
"Ladies, ladies, play nice now," Actera hushed. "The sooner we can get this over with, the sooner we can deal with the rangers and finally claim this damned city." She wasn't a fan of being prodded either, and she was pretty sure one of the attendants just stuck her with a needle. She glared at them. Vaporizing these people was tempting, but they still had their use for the Armada. Perhaps once this day was over and these humans had served their purpose that they could vaporize them. After all, what better end to a day was there than some nice fireworks that was not their field agents blowing to smithereens?
---
Tidal was quick to regroup with the others. Square Defense was the best way to deal with enemies coming at you from all sides. Now there was no chance of tin cans sneaking up on them from behind and knocking them over the head. It sure was a perk to have a military commander on their team! These rangers can learn a lot from the military. After all, only two of them had had proper combat training before starting this. The third one with some combat experience - himself, to be precise - had some shady experience to say the least. It felt like it had been forever since he introduced these people to his wandering wastelander/gangmember lifestyle. Days long behind him. Anyway... better pay attention to the Deathtrons and Dytrons. Not even the best defensive moves were gonna help out if he did not keep his head in the game.

Good thing too he snapped his attention back! Just as he thought he'd have some Dytron asses to kick, his old "friend" Volmour beamed down to join the party. And look at him, all being dressed up in not-so-fasionable freaky accessories. since when do the generals care about that sort of thing? And he's speaking in rhyme too? Tidal rolled his eyes. "You people always go on and on about how this is our doom and inevitable death... yet we're still standing and you keep losing soldiers," he called to the general.
"Less talking, more taking care of this piece of trash," Lucas said. Wait what? It's not the yellow guy throwing witty one-liners this time? Probably he was still angry for what the Armada had done to Evie, and rightfully so. Tidal nodded.
"Agreed."
"Bio Morpher, Initiate!" both Lucas and Tidal called, yellow and black energy swirling around them respectively. If ever it was just the two od them against a field agent, they'd be the color scheme of a bee or wasp. Buzz buzz? Ignore the ramblings. A certain author of a certain post might be too tired to get sensible words out.
"Yellow Bio Ranger, ready."
"Bio Shadow, ready."

Summoning his trusty Bio Hammer, Lucas followed Drew into battle with Volmour. He was barely in time to block the incoming slash with the handle of his hammer. Sparks went flying off it anyway. Hammer handles are not meant for blocking, but it works well enough! "Not long enough if you'd ask me," Lucas grunted. "I'd much rather see you guys never returning to Earth. But I guess that won't happen until we put you in the scrap metal where you belong. Who knows? Perhaps you'd make a nice trash can one day. Can't be too far off from what you already are." There's the snark! He readied himself to defend Drew if necessary, or to get a clear hit on the General when provided with an opening.

Meanwhile Tidal summoned the Crescent Blade, partnering up with Calvin to cut the Deathtrons down to size.

"One thing I haven't learned about you humans," Volmour commented mid fight, "is that you love making these snappy remarks in the heat of battle. Tell me, Yellow Ranger, why is that?" He recovered from Drew's attack and returned the hook right into Red's helmet. More and more the humans of Earth fascinate him with their quirks and choices in a fight. It's this need to be witty that likely cost them their home world. Organizing troops was never easier than on Earth. Planets far less advanced than this one fell slower than Earth. Know why? Their inhabitants weren't so insistent on the banter. Seizing the opportunity to insure victory with Evalai's plan, Volmour spun on his heel betwixt Drew and Lucas. To their eyes, a bright flash of light blinded them temporarily. Or not so much a blind and rather a minor annoyance of light like you're driving down the road and the sun glares upon you, forcing you to lower the visor in the car. Red and Yellow's eyes suffered just enough exposure to the effect so he may move on. "Careful, Red Ranger. Do not let your eyes deceive you. This old tin can has a few tricks up his sleeve," he said, followed by a quick slash down Drew's midsection.
Roundhouse kick, flash of his cape and a rivet to the ground of both Rangers and he was on his way. "Fools. Better your skill before we meet again," he told them and made his way to the others.

Tidal and Calvin were cutting down Dytrons and Deathtrons no problem. They had done this so often it had become second nature to them. Seeing the other two downed, a lot of Dytrons shifted their focus to Red and Yellow. Calvin noticed the change and began shifting with the bots. "Hang on guys, I've got you," he said to them before Dytrons could get them. Volmour stepped in the way of Calvin and his downed friends. "Guess I don't got you," Calvin hollered at them. He should have known better than that because its never so simple around here. "Catching a fair fight, huh? One on one, bring it, general," Calvin said, taking all of Volmour's aggression. Ax heavily slammed down, he struck Volmour's chest. The opening he had was so good! Almost...too good? Like he let him hit. Calvin's eyes were hit with the same sudden almost unnoticeable flash. Satisfied, Volmour punched him in the gut so hard it knocked the wind from him. Calvin fell to his knees, grabbing at his abdomen and getting air back.
Raising his blade at the former Armada Ranger, Volmour stared down Tidal across the attacking squad of Dytrons. "We meet again, vile traitor. A pity you remain on the side of Earth. You and Blood could have been inseparable partners." Dytrons parted like the red sea at his behest.
---
As Blood and Actera had their fitting under Evalai's watchful eye(s), a particular character could be seen running down the street with a haunted look on her face. Jane's regret over assaulting a complete stranger washed over her and made her pale in the face. Running, no sprinting down the streets of Inezia aimlessly she came upon a bench a few blocks away. Sitting down she caught her breath as images filled her mind. That night. Years ago. She's a child. The general is there, hovering over her sister. Hovering over.... no... no , that part she leaves out. She can't come to terms with that. She doesn't want to admit that it was also happening to her, not just 'it could have.' Her eyes shut tight. So tight the lids turned white. Flashes of the past and what happened stuck with her. Bright flashes. She can still see his face. That fucktards face. His face on an innocent man. Why did she do that?
"What's wrong with me? That poor dude... " she must have scared him. Fuck, she did scare him. He's gonna file a report on her... within good cause, too. He's got every right to. "Is it the wedding? Focusing on my sister so much I'm just reliving old shit in my head at the worst time? Is this a cosmic sign I don't spend enough time with her?" she asked...nobody. A couple of passersby walked and stared at a girl talking to herself. "Hey, keep walking, nothing to see here. What, a girl can't think out loud?" Now the people look away so fast they could see light travel. Where the hell is Olivia? Don't people usually chase down their friends in times like this?

Oh fuck. She'll have to inform the Captain of what happened. Jane rubbed her eyes. Really rubbed her eyes, almost raw. Shit, what's wrong with her?

This entire attack is out of place. Volmour has never been one to just quickly drop in like this. What's meant by that is he pretty quickly came in, attacked Drew and Lucas and....that flash. Drew's eyes tingled for a second in the heat of the fight. He was trying to do whatever he was doing. Probably something up to no good, as usual. Drew continued the fight, joining in with Lucas until he caught a blade to the chest. Commenting on battle banter with more battle banter was an off choice of the general, if Drew may say so himself. "The only tricks you have up your sleeve are ones that involve us beating you at every turn," Drew said to him, then getting kicked aside like a foot soldier. Is that how it feels to be a Dytron? Easily swept aside like dust in a dust pan? Volmour went to Calvin so quickly like he was on a mission. Before Dytrons swarmed them Drew asked Lucas, "Did that seem very deliberate? Like he was doing something?"
And in come the bots. Rolling onto his side, grunting in discomfort he swept his foot under Dytrons. As they lay on the ground, he slapped them all with the side of his saber. It's about to get overwhelming. Calvin was recovering his air and open to attack. Rapid fire blasts from his side arm, Drew kept them off of him while he breathed. "I got you covered, buddy!"
---
"Jane? Are you talking to yourself?" Olivia asked, slowly approaching her on the sidewalk. It took a minute but she finally got ahold of her . The man she tackled, last she saw, was just trying to figure out what happened. Bystanders were alarmed and puzzled. Jane's psych profile indicate nothing about her randomly attacking people. She may be a furious tomboy but she's one of the safest people in the world to be around in the streets. So she thought, anyway. Cautiously she sat down beside of her on the bench. An attack there may be but this delicate matter also requires her attention. "You guys," Olivia patched through via morpher, "hold out as long as you can. There's something we need to take care of." She wouldn't delay going to battle if not a serious matter.
"Copy that," Drew responded, audible grunts and blaster shots in the background. Her attention turning to Jane, Olivia's eyes were curious and her body language gentle. Observations revealed miss Blue's eyes were rubbed nearly raw and she was as pale as a ghost. "What happened? The moment you laid eyes on that man you became a different person. Like you watched the Emperor himself kidnap a baby. I've never seen you so... determined to catch someone before."

"I could ask you just the same thing," Lucas replied. "It's usually one of the likes of you that starts the endless banter and monologuing on how you're going to conquer the world." They've basically already conquered most of Earth, but that's a whole other matter. Most of Earth isn't all of it, and as long as Lucas and his friends were still standing and fighting that wasn't going to happen! A bright flash of light made dark spots dance before his eyes. It wasn't as much painful, more a nuisance. He blinked a few times, trying to make the spots disappear and catching his breath moments before a roundhouse kick knocked the air right of of him again. He scrambled back to his feet quickly. "Definitely seemed odd. All of it, I might add." This whole attack... it just didn't quite feel right. Attacks are never okay and rarely come at a convenient moment, but this just had a fishy smell to it. Deliberate indeed. Lucas stood back to back with Drew, keeping the Dytrons at bay. There sure's a lot of them today.

The Dytrons backed off, finally giving Tidal some room to breathe and... Oh, nevermind. They're now going for his two downed friends... and he and Calvin had a bigger fish coming their way. The fight between Volmour and Calvin lasted less than a minute, with Calvin getting a good hit in, but then being blinded and knocked to the ground in a single punch. Blinded, huh? Tidal thought to himself. Guess he's playing dirty games now. He grabbed the Crescent Blad tightly, staring right back at the general. Epic showdown or epic failure? Time would tell. "Partners?" Tidal scoffed. "Don't make me laugh. I'll gladly be considered a vile traitor by the likes of you. Means I did at least something right." Tidal grimaced under his helmet. He'd never turn his back on his home planet again. No, he'd rather die fighting to protect it. With the Dytrons parting and leaving an opening between him and the general, Tidal charged and swung his blade.

"Touching, you think you did something noble. Well bad news, Ranger. Dirt like you doesn't get a happy ending." Volmour dodged Tidal's attack and parried, striking him across the chest. He dragged the blade from his front to his back, now behind Tidal in a sea of sparks. Aligning his eye pendant with the light, it glimmered off of a nearby sign and flashed Tidal's eyes. Muttering excellence under his breath (assuming robots have breath) he kicked Tidal in the back and watched him fumble on the ground. Snapping his soldiers to attention, the Dytrons and Deathrons ceased their attack. "Pity I had to do it this way, but thank you for your cooperation, Rangers." He said, beaming himself and all of his forces back to the Armada's main flagship in orbit.
Calvin loosened the grip on his weapon and powered down. Panting for breath he got on one knee. "That was fun. Random, but fun. What do you think he meant by 'thank you for your cooperation?'" Never in the history of heroes and villains has there been a trip to the park that did not result in combat or destruction. Some all-seeing overlords must be directing things to always be violent. Looks like their run's over, too.
---
Aboard the ship, Volmour bowed before his Empress. Enough time had gone by that Evalai returned with Blood and Actera. "My Empress, all has been put into place. The Rangers are infected with the optimal virus and will spread it like wildfire to everyone they look at. Undetectable and ever-present." So the heroes will infect their city for the Armada. They'll never know what hit them. The generals are likely still wondering why they had to get fitted and given clothing. Fair. Volmour returned his eye pendant to their new insightful friend. Evalai inserted the eye where it belongs and paraded around the throne/control room. He took in everything he saw almost as if he were analyzing or scanning it. He took in that view of Earth and space outside the window.
"It's going to be too easy. We get these two nimrods to infiltrate the wedding of the former generals' kid, everyone will think they're the happy couple and when the ceremony commences, they can kill every last person in there. Even the Blue Ranger." The field commander explained his plan so proudly. With all 13 of his eyes, especially that big center one, he looked at Blood and Actera holding their garment bags containing a dress and a suit. "Oh, you're both probably still bitter about that. Easy explanation. I can't make people see what I haven't seen. I haven't seen what the Ranger's sister or husband-to-be is wearing, so I had to improvise. Plus it was fun watching you both get pricked."

Looking out into the stars, he chuckled. "I wonder if our blue friend likes the special surprise I gave her."
---
Jane decided to tell on herself. That's putting it into terms a child would understand, but it's what she did. When Olivia asked about her random determination to just assault a man, she didn't answer. Just a sorrowful 'I need to speak to the Captain.' So, she went to HQ. She called the guys and had them come, as well. Whatever's happening, they'd all better be aware. She was just wrapping up her story to Captain Scott and the male Rangers.
"Right when I looked, I could have swore that I saw Lieutenant Davis. The same man who... " Jane stopped. Everyone knew what happened to her sister and that she watched it happen. "Whether it's the stress of tomorrow getting to me or what, I don't know why I attacked him. Why I thought he was him, I don't fucking know. It was like my eyes were playing tricks on me. I'm sorry, Captain. Sorry to everyone. I almost did something that makes me an embarrassment to the team. We protect people, not hurt them."

Calvin rubbed his temple. Jane hardly talks about Lieutenant Davis. Actually, this may be the first time she's named him. Ever since he learned about it he's had this understanding to her. This, though? Hard to really process. Would a wedding really amp up her stress about it that much? "It wasn't like you meant to hurt him," he said.
She nodded and ran a hand through her hair. "Of course I didn't! I only hurt things with metal heads or crimson spandex!" She turned her eyes to the Captain. "Sir, I can't explain it. But I'm telling you. I saw him. I know I did. What am I supposed to do?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back