• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Post-Apocolyptic Fantasy [Fate]

NovaPheonix

Drifting Writer
Hello! I was talking to my new friend Kinadra and decided to introduce her to the Fate system. We decided on a sort of post apocalyptic game with a mix of fantasy elements (wizards may have destroyed the world or some such). I'm looking for at least two other role-players who would be interested, and I figured I should make a thread. I've been GMing for two years, and Fate is one of my favorite systems. Even if you've never done a dice RP before, it's really simple and easy to pick up. Just wondering if anyone is interested. Please let me know if you have any questions or want to join in, thanks :) .

I'll be teaching the rules of the game once I decide the players, and also...most of the setting will be decided by who plays. That means if you want Zombies (or anything else) in this version of the future than you have to step up and say that they exist as a player and I'll run with it!

Everyone should check out the
Fate SRD, it's a great resource for new players!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! We technically have enough people now, but I'm going to keep the thread open for a day or two. I'll also be making an OOC thread where we'll create the world and characters together once my classes are done.

NovaPheonix said:
Cool! We technically have enough people now, but I'm going to keep the thread open for a day or two. I'll also be making an OOC thread where we'll create the world and characters together once my classes are done.
You have to take classes, huh? Sad life.

Ashaficent said:
You have to take classes, huh? Sad life.
Not that bad once you factor in that I'm taking classes like Arthurian Literature (Which is like, one of my favorite things), and Philosophy (something I'm already good at) along with an easy math class.

NovaPheonix said:
Not that bad once you factor in that I'm taking classes like Arthurian Literature (Which is like, one of my favorite things), and Philosophy (something I'm already good at) along with an easy math class.
Lol, how nerdy. But it's your choice, so I'm not judging xD

I'd love to join, but I've never played Fate. I'll do my research on it though! Just tell me when spots open and I'll be there in a flash ^-^

[QUOTE="Leaf Fi]I'd love to join, but I've never played Fate. I'll do my research on it though! Just tell me when spots open and I'll be there in a flash ^-^

[/QUOTE]
I added the link to the online rules page, so that your research will become that much easier. There's also a PDF of the rules that is legally free to download if you look around. The rules themselves are free and easy to learn, it's great!

NovaPheonix said:
I added the link to the online rules page, so that your research will become that much easier. There's also a PDF of the rules that is legally free to download if you look around. The rules themselves are free and easy to learn, it's great!
Look who's back *smirk*

Ashaficent said:
Look who's back *smirk*
I get breaks...

Also, just as a quick note...if you're already interested feel free to brainstorm a character concept and PM it to me if you want to speed things up. Otherwise, we'll handle it in OOC.

I'm trying to come up with a title.

My current idea is calling the game "Once upon the End"

If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to post them.

Just as an Update, we have three characters done with the first part of character creation, and now about 6 people total who are requesting entry (4/6).

Lionheart said:
Tentatively interested, yup.
Do you have a character concept you'd want to play? Or do you have nothing in mind yet?

I'll probably have a Game Document (Google Doc) and the RP thread posted up by the evening once my classes are finished. I'll explain how we're going to continue the RP in there.

Thread Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back