• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Possible 6.0 Take 2

Please read the post before voting.

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the darkness personally. Two colors within the whole site layout is enough for me. The dark theme just doesn't appeal to me and I don't think I would ever need one.

VVZpjfb.jpg

See. Now that I look at it, I might not mind the color change to much. My problem is how compact the thing looks on my phone. And how HUGE the top bar is. Like. That thing takes up a good chunk of my screen. The above is a capture of the new template on my phone, which is probably what it looks like for most phone users that don't enable desktop view or don't have destop view.

If there was a way to make it not so compact, then I'd be all for it, really.

I dunno. I prefer the "blaring white". BUT it would be kind of cool if we made it a choice for users in the settings to have either a darker or whiter background.

I think you should make the white and dark an option.

I have to agree with several people before me: the current style of the website is fine as it is. It is smooth, can be reviewed quickly, it is easy on the eyes, and generally relaxing. Which is exactly what many people need when they get a slice out of their busy everyday life to sit down and roleplay for a while.

I won't say the proposed style as shown in the link is a bad one, but the confronting colors could be off-putting as opposed to a coherent style.

It's understandable if some people are asking for an alternative scheme, so arguably having options to choose for personal view settings would be the best compromise. But naturally, it would also be the most complex to implement.

I like the way it is.

I have the impression all that black would become annoying and distracting on the cellphone.

Another color maybe but, plain black? It doesn't appeal me in any way...

Last edited by a moderator:
Necessity4Fun said:
I like the way it is.
I have the impression all that black would become annoying and distracting on the cellphone.

Another color maybe but, plain black? It doesn't appeal me in any way...
Wizard stated he was gonna change the color as what we can view is just a demo.

I don't like the new theme at all. I can understand that the black might be appealing to some people, but to me it's just... I don't really know how to say it, unfriendly? The white is much nicer.

I don't know... I joined in December right as you were making a tone of changes to the site, which made getting to know the site really hard. I voted no because I feel like I've already seen enough dramatic change. lol But seeing as I stuck around through all my newbie challenges I would be okay. I have to admit it sounds like it would look nice. Plus I used to own a website kind of like RpN (it was not for RP though, it was a support network for Dyslexic kids and teenagers) so I know how tempting it is to change the look and then members get upset because change is hard. So I'd be okay! :)

I personally like the current style more. As others have said, it's cleaner. Plus, the layout on the current version is much nicer. The white on black in this case is just conflicting looking. If it was a much lighter grey color, it'd be nice. If we could keep this current layout, just make all the white grey, I'd love that. :)

[QUOTE="Tobi Neafearn]Wizard stated he was gonna change the color as what we can view is just a demo.

[/QUOTE]
Okay but, what color then? It was said the 'emptiness is going to be dark' but, I worry that even thought is NOT black it is still dark to the point of disrupting cellphone users like me... The white works fine in that matter IMO

Necessity4Fun said:
Okay but, what color then? It was said the 'emptiness is going to be dark' but, I worry that even thought is NOT black it is still dark to the point of disrupting cellphone users like me... The white works fine in that matter IMO
I believe, if you read the intro/first post in this thread, it would have stated that it would be blue.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]However how about a style that maintains the center light (not blaring white) and the area around it dark?
  • Of course the bars and stuff will become blue
  • Everything you see on the demo is a demo. Just like any style we've purchased it will obviously change.
  • The only thing that you honestly should vote on that we wouldn't alter out of the back is the black area around the light center which is what is different and what we are intentionally interested in.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sold.

I mean, were it me, I'd make that black/dark gray about four shades lighter so that it's closer to a medium gray, but my point stands. I'm sold.

welian said:
I'm sold.
I mean, were it me, I'd make that black/dark gray about four shades lighter so that it's closer to a medium gray, but my point stands. I'm sold.
Agreed 100%

[QUOTE="Tobi Neafearn]I believe, if you read the intro/first post in this thread, it would have stated that it would be blue.

[/QUOTE]
Okay 'bars and stuff' include the emptiness my mistake. Still it depends on the shade of blue... The same blue you already use might be okay but, much darker than that might be a problem for me at least...

I'm not sure other mobile users would have the same issue...

Okay, I like it but hate it at the same time.

REMEMBER these are my OPINIONS! dont yell at me ;-;

Good things:

I can see it with the blue and how nice it would turn out. With a little change of the colors and stuff I know it'll be tied together.

The bars on the different forums that say FORUM, START DATE, etc are actually in a thick line of gray/blue-ish just like this style is.

The reply box is just like this style button wise and text box default size

As far as I've seen, every button: (Alert, inbox, profile) they're the same as here

The profile itself is the same as here

Bad things:

What I dont like about this is that it seems to make the white part of the demo more squished and compact and not free like this layout.

The hud (Forum, members, gallery, etc.) is on the left side which causes this squish rather than running on the top

I kinda feel like i'm in a old site that was at least made in 2010 just because the left hud

The font itself (Im sure you can change that)

I dont believe there are the features for the like, helpful, funny, great scene, etc. Unless you can add these. Not sure.

The profile pictures are above the post rather than next to it like this style. *Which I like on the left side.*

My judgement: Sorry, No will have to be my answer.. DUN DUN DUN.

Don't worry Britt - HTML and CSS are very powerful tools in the right hands, and it wouldn't take Dwiz long at all to rearrange a few details as he sees fit.

[QUOTE="Britt-21]Honestly, I prefer this style cause well..i feel organized and snug xD

[/QUOTE]
And we're familiar with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back