• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Possible 6.0 Take 2

Please read the post before voting.

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

So I went ahead and remade the thread since people were asking questions that weren't making sense and voting based on incorrect information.

Whether you vote yes or no to this version won't ultimately decide what we go with. We just want to see what the masses think. Before you vote please read the post.

So as you all know we are a light based style and one of the most requested features is a dark style, we will most likely never make the site dark or have both.

However how about a style that maintains the center light (not blaring white) and the area around it dark?

• Of course the bars and stuff will become blue
  • Everything you see on the demo is a demo. Just like any style we've purchased it will obviously change.
  • The only thing that you honestly should vote on that we wouldn't alter out of the back is the black area around the light center which is what is different and what we are intentionally interested in.

Please read the post and leave your feedback below as well as your vote in the poll. Again the style would obviously be altered to match colors and stuff. We just want to know what you think of the surrounding darkness (really nice texture though) around the light center where the posts are.

View Potential 6.0 Base Here: Pixel Exit XenForo Styles Demo : Archon

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]People weren't understanding lots of things.

[/QUOTE]
I understood it the first time an still said yes, i like that layout :P

I prefer the current site design and colors myself. Didn't see what take one was so I couldn't compare it to that. My vote stands as no for that option for 6.0, personally.

The Dark Wizard]People weren't understanding lots of things. [/QUOTE] I was tempted to vote on whether I liked [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/14216-archon/ said:
@Archon[/URL] or not. Archon, we shall take our rivalry elsewhere!

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but why would it have to be changed to be blue? I understand the background can't be dark because it'd mess up post formatting, but red buttons wouldn't hurt... would they?

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]People weren't understanding lots of things.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but then I would be able to officially express how much I dislike Archon.

I jest, of course. Archon's a good guy.

As for the change, I really have no opinion. I'm flexible with format changes.

So just to clarify - the only thing really changing would be the glaring white - some of it would become a light grey color (make the posting area more like a separate box than meshing with the whole white blob?)

Ok.

I'm in.

The picture must give people who want to join a reflection on roleplaying. A crest with a shark and roleplaying items, is good, but it doesn't give me that "I want roleplay here!!!" vibe. I want something that looks fresh and vibrant! Something clean, and says, "I'm the worlds #1 Roleplaying site!".

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Do you mean the blue? That we'd restore?
Or the fact that the entire site is white.

[/QUOTE]
The fact of the site being white. One of the main reasons I prefer this site to the old one I left is due to the pure white background, it's easier on my eyes and less distracting.

I like the layout, however instead of it being black, I think a gray would really compliment it more with the blue and white. (:

Oh gosh... That looks terrible. No offence. It seems to shrink and clutter the screen and just make things more confusing. Yikes, no thanks. =(

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]So just to clarify - the only thing really changing would be the glaring white - some of it would become a light grey color (make the posting area more like a separate box than meshing with the whole white blob?)

[/QUOTE]
The emptiness would be dark.

Actual site content would be white/greyish as is now.

Just like the screenshot.

firefox_2016-03-19_20-57-43.png

The current design is rather perfect in my opinion.

The newish design is definitely more cluttered and feels clunky in comparison.

FreeMustang said:
Oh gosh... That looks terrible. No offence. It seems to shrink and clutter the screen and just make things more confusing. Yikes, no thanks. =(
This too. The layout was a bit off as well. That's what I was trying to get at. It looks terrible on mobile.

... I am a major sucker for slides. I can't stop clicking them. I do like the side bar for the main part of the website and what not. I don't have complaints about the idea. It's new. It's fresh. I'd just have to take a screenshot of the new background color for posts and macro that for format use. No skin off my bones. xD

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]The emptiness would be dark.
Actual site content would be white/greyish as is now.

Just like the screenshot.

firefox_2016-03-19_20-57-43.png

[/QUOTE]
Blarg... I have a hard time picturing it, because the layout is so different... but I -think- I like it xD I dunno. I just hate that my eyes burn from all the whiteness *LOL*

It is an appealing and visually attractive theme and layout, but the contrast of the two main colors I feel would take away from the main point I visit this website, which is to roleplay. The current theme feels very smooth and clean, allowing me to focus more on the text and roleplay.

Okay my official vote is, I still like @Archon but I dislike the Archon layout. It still doesn't help those who prefer a dark theme to go easy on the eyes.

I couldnt get in on the first one but I can on this one. I like the demo. It would be nice to open RPN at night and not be blinded by white. It looks a lot more professional on this one, though I don't know how it will look exactly with the RPN logo and the adjustments to the color, still it looks nice. The usual right bar on the left could get some getting used to. But over all I like it.

I'm undecided, I really don't feel like getting used to a new layout, but that's just me, it looks ok, just a little repulsed for personal reasons with other sites. I think the site looks fine the way it is though, however, it isn't my decision to make unless I'm on the right bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back