• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Possible 6.0 Take 2

Please read the post before voting.

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of not being blinded especially with my sensitivity to light but if it doesn't change I wouldn't chase you guys with a pitchfork or anything.

Change is always hard - but this is probably the first time I'm not panicking over it *LOL* There's just... so... so much white.

welian said:
Don't worry Britt - HTML and CSS are very powerful tools in the right hands, and it wouldn't take Dwiz long at all to rearrange a few details as he sees fit.
You have reassured me. I'm still worried about mobile view but, now also curious about the result...

Well, don't disappoint us RPN crew! :33

*sits back and watches while eating popcorn*

guess I'm the last one still desperately holding onto my memories of the old layout before this one

but yea, gonna have to give a firm no on that one, giving reasons would just be parroting most of the people above

I'm gonna go ahead and say yes, so long as the color can be changed from black. Black doesn't fit RPN's overall theme, and so I think a shade of gray would work best. Even if its a gray color that's similar in the RPN shield's ornament details (the leafy things), I think it could possibly look better. Its a middle ground, in my opinion, and changes to something slightly darker than blinding white but isn't very dark either.

Necessity4Fun said:
You have reassured me. I'm still worried about mobile view but, now also curious about the result...
Well, don't disappoint us RPN crew! :33

*sits back and watches while eating popcorn*
Amen, in any democracy race and undecided, just eat/drink something and watch. *spawns in several different kinds of alcohol and pours some wine* Now then, whoever wants to watch this play out, grab whichever booze and start drinking. *takes a sip* Just fix the compacting and we'll be fine.

*sips alcohol* xD How the votes and site is divided reminds me a of a presidential race in the US. This year will be very entertaining.

I am fine with it either way. Assuming that the blaring black is changed, as has been stated and suggested. Blue does invok a sense of trust and friendliness in people from what I have read.

Removal of the blaring white would be a nice change. Though seeing how the blaring white and I come face to face on many places in the net, I am use to the haunting evils of it.

Overall layout, I am indifferent on. I have been here such a short time that the change would be easy for me to adapt to. I am sure veterans of the site might feel differently.

I like the texture of the background picture, but that's pretty much it. I like this so much better.

On the other hand, I don't have the glaring white because of a plugin I'm using to turn it very very pale blue, instead.

And no, guys, it's been said dozens of times that we can't have different styles and/or colors available because it basically means everything has to be coded twice (or more, for multiple options), and our coding wizards don't have that kind of time or storage space.

Heya folks! =)

I do not like this new option. I already wear sunglasses when using our current site (I am wearing them now and have been since we changed to our current version). With the new version, I still require glasses to read the white text and I don't need them to read the dark text! Yikes! Bad enough I have to wear these for RpN (I don't wear them for any other site); worse still if we change to a site where I have to take them on and off regularly just to read the text (much less post). No, thank you!

I made a custom dark mode CSS so I wouldn't gain much from the new layout. In my case I've never had a problem navigating the site so an upgrade isn't really needed.

9jOhSyr.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If the center was darker grey it would be nice. It's a bit easier on the eyes, and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I use the site a lot late at night when white gets a bit achy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back