• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Poss. Title: Prosthetic Hearts

Prudentia

The Kitty Soldier
Hi everyone,

I had a new and different idea to run by you all. I also want to find ONE person who will co-lead it with me. =) Here's the idea:

Plot Idea:

Society has shamed and labeled those living with prosthetic body parts as burdens, weaklings, liabilities, and wasted life. Setting is 2275 where prosthetic material has become so advanced that the abilities of a body part replaced with such a device are ten times more effective than the original state. Scientists have been able to construct even working prosthetic organs (after centuries of testing).

A very "underground" illegal lab has constructed and installed very dangerous prosthetic body parts and/or organs inside a small group of test subjects. These subjects have been brainwashed to believe they are just given another chance but living with the shame of not having original body parts. However, the secretive and hazardous plans of this illegal laboratory/group of scientists includes wasting away the very system that bashes and insults prosthetic technology - these scientists hate the world and its leaders for shrugging off their work and calling it disgusting and inhumane. This lab wants to waste life itself, that which it deems useless and weak and burdens - they want to create a prosthetic world using their toys (the subjects - our characters) to wipe out world leaders, high ranked officers, other labs, and plenty of other people who hate prosthetic technology.

Our characters are stuck in the middle where their prosthetic body parts are developed with powerful abilities (e.g. strength or transformation). They now are stuck being brainwashed to fight for something they don't really believe in. They need help to get out and it might be within their own group of fellow lab rats that they can find this freedom to stop the scientists from going through with their plans. BUT our characters don't know the extent to their prosthetic body parts - the scientists can connect to the body parts and control them.
Note: The materials for the prosthetic body parts is vast/diverse; far different than what the technology is like in our world.

So now that you know the gist, here's a few notes:

- This would be a Casual role play

- Characters could be any age

- Can have one to two characters (but only if using twins)

- The plot is still pretty vague (maybe?)

- Need one person to co-lead to help with planning out how to start the role play, add more to plot, and set up neutral characters, setting/location, etc. (Would have the ability to 'accept' applications, make decisions, etc.)

- Characters would have one prosthetic body part (subject to change?)

Anyone interested???

I VOLUNTEER!....ahem yes I'd like to help you with this story/rp in anyway I can if you'd let me that is, I would also like to inform you I'm a author on fan fiction.com so I'm used to working with plot decisions.

This is a pretty cool twist on super shaming that reminds me of Cyborg009. I'd totally be up for this if you guys can make it fly HIGHER THAN THE SUN!

Awesome! Good to see a few people liking it. There's still plenty to finish up but I'll have the official thread made tonight/tomorrow and post a link here so you all can start on Character Sheets.

Vampiress said:
What powers would be godmod... Mind control but what else?
Just overly powerful, anything that couldn't be breached: say regeneration. These are body parts, so if one is said on the sheet "It could never be broken and has the strongest power ever", that...yeah, that. =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back