• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon X Digimon [Very Rough Concept Stage]

Crow

Top-tier Avian Master
With me sifting back into RPing after my metaphorical death, I thought I should share my concept here.

I've seen this before, but I want to try to make it a bit more solid. Some of the prior versions I saw are... well, let's just say they literally mashed the two concepts together. No proper blending.

I thought of tossing Yu-Gi-Oh! into the mix, and I probably can, buuut... let's keep it two-way for now.

Combat

The first thing that swirled around my head, the first thing I solidified. Now, a lot of Digimon media give the impression that Digimon only know a set of signature moves, but Digimon Story games like Cyber Sleuth show that there's a universal pool of 'inherited moves' that all Digimon can possess. In this unified system I am coming up with that both Pokemon and Digimon will have, 'Inherited moves' will basically be four standard moves from the Pokemon series, and 'signature moves' are seperate from the inherited moves, changing with each evolution.

For Pokemon, their signature moves can be their actual signature moves (like Cinderace using Court Change or Pyro Ball) or it can even be something custom.

As for how they'll actually fight, well, it's the generic combat rules, and within the context of a roleplay, turn-based.

For scaling, the general rule of thumb is Stage 1 = Rookie, Stage 2 = Champion, Stage = Ultimate, Mega or Gigantamax = Mega. Obviously there'll be variation depending on things and stuff.

In this universe, Digimon evolve and stay evolved unless they are degenerated through some means. Pokemon can't devolve, unfortunately, maybe except the Slowpoke line. Maybe some kind of excuse will be made for them to devolve, but that's precisely how you get shit like a Jolteon that knows Flamethrower and Moonblast. Jolteon meta let's gooooooo!

Lore

How will the worlds collide or interact? Would the Digital World outright be a parallel universe and Digimon fell out of portals from the sky?

Maybe it's actually digital, and Digimon are born from computers and computer programs from the Pokemon world, materializing in our world. Their physical manifestations have an organic nature to them, which explains why they use Pokemon moves and can be captured by Pokeballs, because in terms of their organic host bodies, they are Pokemon.

Survive has a different lore, where Digimon are spirits, spirit-like, intepreted as yokai and mythical creatures that can only be visualized or manifested by 'Digital Waves', and ancient onmyodo was in reality channeling digital waves or something. They exist in a spiritual realm of sorts. Should this route be taken for a change?

Well, I'm open to suggestions.

As for other factors like how the big guys like the Royal Knights and the Sovereigns will interact with the Legendary Pokemon... I'll keep that to myself for the time being. I got plans.

More importantly, how will I organize things? Should I prepare a Gym Challenge with Elite Four? Or is a Gym Challenge too 'generic'? Maybe a Gym Challenge & Elite Four with a 'twist' of some kind. Like replacing Gyms with Gym-like features that function like Gyms. First thing that comes to mind is the Seven Great Demon Lords setting up evil castles in various towns and they are undefeated. The final battle of each castle will be them as a raid boss. This will integrate them into the plot pretty neatly, plus it solves the problem of 'repeated gym battles' or 'too many gym battlers' - because multiple people being 'gym battlers' at once would be justified and welcome.

Anyways, I have a feeling that the signups will only be up minimum a month, but as for people who want to help me build it and/or want to join the RP eventually... go ahead and express interest.

Last edited:
With me sifting back into RPing after my metaphorical death, I thought I should share my concept here.

I've seen this before, but I want to try to make it a bit more solid. Some of the prior versions I saw are... well, let's just say they literally mashed the two concepts together. No proper blending.

I thought of tossing Yu-Gi-Oh! into the mix, and I probably can, buuut... let's keep it two-way for now.

Combat

The first thing that swirled around my head, the first thing I solidified. Now, a lot of Digimon media give the impression that Digimon only know a set of signature moves, but Digimon Story games like Cyber Sleuth show that there's a universal pool of 'inherited moves' that all Digimon can possess. In this unified system I am coming up with that both Pokemon and Digimon will have, 'Inherited moves' will basically be four standard moves from the Pokemon series, and 'signature moves' are seperate from the inherited moves, changing with each evolution.

For Pokemon, their signature moves can be their actual signature moves (like Cinderace using Court Change or Pyro Ball) or it can even be something custom.

As for how they'll actually fight, well, it's the generic combat rules, and within the context of a roleplay, turn-based.

For scaling, the general rule of thumb is Stage 1 = Rookie, Stage 2 = Champion, Stage = Ultimate, Mega or Gigantamax = Mega. Obviously there'll be variation depending on things and stuff.

In this universe, Digimon evolve and stay evolved unless they are degenerated through some means. Pokemon can't devolve, unfortunately, maybe except the Slowpoke line. Maybe some kind of excuse will be made for them to devolve, but that's precisely how you get shit like a Jolteon that knows Flamethrower and Moonblast. Jolteon meta let's gooooooo!

Lore

How will the worlds collide or interact? Would the Digital World outright be a parallel universe and Digimon fell out of portals from the sky?

Maybe it's actually digital, and Digimon are born from computers and computer programs from the Pokemon world, materializing in our world. Their physical manifestations have an organic nature to them, which explains why they use Pokemon moves and can be captured by Pokeballs, because in terms of their organic host bodies, they are Pokemon.

Survive has a different lore, where Digimon are spirits, spirit-like, intepreted as yokai and mythical creatures that can only be visualized or manifested by 'Digital Waves', and ancient onmyodo was in reality channeling digital waves or something. They exist in a spiritual realm of sorts. Should this route be taken for a change?

Well, I'm open to suggestions.

As for other factors like how the big guys like the Royal Knights and the Sovereigns will interact with the Legendary Pokemon... I'll keep that to myself for the time being. I got plans.

More importantly, how will I organize things? Should I prepare a Gym Challenge with Elite Four? Or is a Gym Challenge too 'generic'? Maybe a Gym Challenge & Elite Four with a 'twist' of some kind. Like replacing Gyms with Gym-like features that function like Gyms. First thing that comes to mind is the Seven Great Demon Lords setting up evil castles in various towns and they are undefeated. The final battle of each castle will be them as a raid boss. This will integrate them into the plot pretty neatly, plus it solves the problem of 'repeated gym battles' or 'too many gym battlers' - because multiple people being 'gym battlers' at once would be justified and welcome.

Anyways, I have a feeling that the signups will only be up minimum a month, but as for people who want to help me build it and/or want to join the RP eventually... go ahead and express interest.
alright I like the idea it is surely different than a lot of poop here. But I would wonder would the bad guys from each universe team up or would it be a war? Because maybe people could fight each other for the ultimate goal whatever it is. Also what Gen of pokemon?

But I would wonder would the bad guys from each universe team up or would it be a war?

Still deciding on that and working on that.

What I can say is that this is a new Pokemon region in the RP and on the Digimon side of things it's its own continuity independent of the old ones.

Also what Gen of pokemon?

In terms of what kind of Pokemon can be used - up to the very latest generation.

Give it a week max for two more. It's only been around one and a half days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back