• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokémon Universalis! (13+)

AsaroRuBiX

Hello to all!

As a fourteen-year-old and a dedicated pokemon franchise fan, I have come to realize that the whole storylines in both the Animes and Video games are not very appealing to the teen fan, especially due to the fact that the storyline is quite childish.
This is why, Ladies and Gents, that I present to you Pokemon Universalis, a mature Pokemon RP on my discord server.

Wanna join?
Here are the terms and conditions ;)

-One must be ready to write well-written English
-One must be prepared to come across some gore and *maybe* some mature content
-One must be ready to be looked down upon. Your character will not always win since we will be using specific battle mechanics (Pokémon Showdown, a video game.)
-One must be dedicated to the RP, and not be gone for a month (example) and return later.
-One MUST leave a notice prior to its leave.
-One MUST have a great time, and let their creativity and Imagination flow.

If all of this suits you, welcome!

In this world, all regions exist, and one cannot play as a pokemon, but a pokemon trainer. Remeber, you can choose to be a master when you join, and not a noob!

The RP will ONLY take place on discord, nowhere else. Questions will also be answered there too, as well as character submissions.
The first ones to arrive will have admin privileges if they wish. (We kinda need some admins and moderators while I am in bed! :) )
The plot is yet to be chosen, please stay tuned! If you are one of the first 5 people to enter, you will be able to choose and make suggestions about the new plot!

PLEASE NOTE: This is a written only RP, no dices or player stats.

Warning: I will ban inactive players. Spammers and huge pervs will get three strikes.

**Discord Link**
Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

__Have fun!__

*having trouble getting to the server? DM me!*

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. A way you might make it interesting is having Pokemon being like animals in the wild and eating other Pokemon/having trainers eating Pokemon for food as well as battling with them, using them in contests, etc.

I'm an adult but love Pokemon, not so much Sun and Moon though I do like Litten, Rowlet and some other Pokemon there. I do have a good character for this, possibly 2 I think. Anyway, I've joined the discord server.

Sounds interesting. A way you might make it interesting is having Pokemon being like animals in the wild and eating other Pokemon/having trainers eating Pokemon for food as well as battling with them, using them in contests, etc.

I'm an adult but love Pokemon, not so much Sun and Moon though I do like Litten, Rowlet and some other Pokemon there. I do have a good character for this, possibly 2 I think. Anyway, I've joined the discord server.

Cool! And yes, I was thinking about making the Pokemon a source of food. Also, the pokemon can also die, and not be KO'ed all the time

I would suggest giving them lifespans as well to make it more realistic.

Example (my Pokemon fan fic is going to be realistic so these are lifespans of Pokemon:

Example of Lifespan: A Pokemon like Eevee would typically live 12-14 years at best, with all its evolutions having maybe a 15-17 year lifespan at best. And that's when it's well cared for. In the wild, their life expectancy would be even lower, 7-9 years for an Eevee in the wild and maybe 10-12 for its evolutions. Outstandingly good care and raising could lead an Eevee to reaching between 18-20 years before kicking the bucket, but it's rare that a Pokemon like Eevee would live that long.

Smaller Pokemon typically live between 8-10 years in the wild, and sometimes hit 14-16 in a Trainer's care.
Mid-size Pokemon (3' to 6') typically live between 12-20 years in the wild, sometimes hitting 25-28 in a Trainer's care.
Large Pokemon (7'+) typically live can live between 20-30 years in the wild, but in the hands of a good Trainer can sometimes hit 50+.

End of my lifespan)

Also, make Legendaries impossible to capture since they're the most powerful Pokemon in existence. Pseudo-Legeandaries you might get if you catch a pre-evolution and evolve it (like Dragonite is a Pseudo-Legendary, so you'd have to catch a Dratini) or you may rarely find a fully evolved Pseudo-Legendary but it could only be caught by a Master trainer, maybe an intermediate trainer. Just a suggestion!

Other suggestions:

Example of Food Chain:
Magikarp would be eaten by Fearow and Pidgeot. Weedle and Caterpie, Dunsparce, any bug type would be eaten by the Normal/Flying (in other words bird-type) Pokemon.
Ekans and Sviper might end up eating Rattata and Raticate, possibly the Pichu line and Sandshrew/Sandslash (normal form).

Maybe take away Potions, Revives, Full Restores, Full Heals, Burn Heals, Paralyze Heals, Ice Heals, any other balls aside from Pokeballs.

Battling...say you have a Pidgeotto or Pidgeot...they would get electrocuted easily by Pichu to Raichu. Making the mouse-type line hard to hunt...with Pichu being the easiest as it doesn't have as much control as Pikachu and Raichu.
Litten would easily be overcome by water as its internal fire would cool down and make it sluggish.

Personal suggestion:
Have Battles, Contests & Island Challenge.
AsaroRuBiX AsaroRuBiX

Last edited:
I’m definitely interested! Going to comment here so that I can keep watch of where this goes, and get the discord link when I’ve made up a character. :)

Very interested! I'm a big fan of putting more details into the pokemon world. I will go ahead and join the discord sever if that's ok.

As for the plot, we can be a ranger group fighting the poacher, or an evil group with a noble goal but their methods are a little drastic and questionable. Playing the villain would be a nice change of pace.

I've felt the same way about the Pokemon franchise being geared more towards younger children, so I'm definitely interested in this RP. I've joined the Discord server already, but I'll hopefully have a character planned out soon.

EDIT: Also, would Pokémon be able to have more than four moves at a time? At least outside of battle it could be implied but there is a specific set of moves for battles?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back