• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: The Telios Continent

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Mason Serrano
Cypress City Square

"If you have Flying Types, that makes this even easier. Let's set out, as a group of Ice Types sticking together shouldn't be hard to miss." The issue was that this city was huge and there were a lot of people and Pokemon here. If they sent out their Flying types and used them as eyes of sorts to lead them to the group instead of the usual send them directly to bring them back, that would be even easier.
"In the meantime, where do you all hail from? I was born in Unova, where I got my Clefairy and Deerling. After graduating top student in Trainer School, I went off to Sinnoh to partake in a few contest festivals. I didn't do much after that until I met Kane and I came here to Telios to move in with my grandparents to take care of them. I've always wanted to just explore this entire country. You know, roadtrip style. I'm not really a competitive or even a contest battler, but this place is rumored to have every Pokemon that's not Legendary. Plus, with the differences in regional culture and Pokemon Competitive and Contest Leagues, it would be a fantastic trip. A once in a lifetime experience."

Telios was split into about 16 regions, each that held its own 8 gym leaders and a split path to face the Regional Champion after getting the badges. After that was another road to the National Championship Title.

TLDR Explanation to National Championship (will be elaborated on in the LORE section)

Path 1: 8 badges, Regional Pokemon League (or Regional Elite 4), National League (or National Elite 4), National Champion
Path 2: 8 badges, Regional Elite 4, Regional Champion, National Champion
Path 3: All 128 gym leader badges in Telios, National Champion

If one could best the National Champion, they would be the best in what could possibly be the entire world. The battle was deemed the Underworld Battle, with a constantly shifting stage. The current Telios Champion is pretty hardcore on the battlefield, a woman who worked as a no-nonsense teacher at a Trainer Academy in her spare time, but was known to be extremely kind and generous outside the battlefield. Her harshness on the battlefield and in the classroom was a tough love approach to her intense passion for Pokemon care and battling, promoting a bond between trainers and Pokemon and have been known to kick students out of her class whose Pokemon don't want to battle due to poor treatment. She was far beyond a fireball on the battlefield. She was an absolute nuke and grew up with every Pokemon she currently uses.

To Mason, this was an impossible goal to attain for him. He was too lazy in the willpower department to train like he would need to to make it that far, and that was just fine by him and his team.........except for Clover (Icysaur), who actually liked to battle. No one else on his team really wanted to battle to that level.
Lulidew Lulidew
animegirl20 animegirl20
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald
Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Scarlett (Clefairy)

Scarlett felt herself getting cold from the Powder Snow, and it got to the point where it felt like her skin was burning, an initial symptom of frostbite. The Swinub was trying to freeze her in place! She shivered. "I r-r-really don't want to hurt you. I just want you to consider your trainer's feelings." Scarlett had Dazzling Gleam and Psychic, 2 moves that would knock Swinub out pretty fast. She didn't want to be captured by the Officers and get Mason in trouble for battling though.

Swinub was suddenly picked up by vines and held in the air. Behind the group trying to run was Clover. "You're messing with my teammate. We were sent to find you." Clover said, a smile starting to form. "If you want to battle, I can Skull Bash you all the way back to your trainer, or I could poison you all so you don't get back at all." Clover was a lot less............friendly than Scarlett. This was only him trying to obey Mason and bring them back, but since his civilized resolution strategies were almost non-existent, he wasn't gonna try too hard to use words. If they said no, they'd fight and he'd take his chances with Mason's wrath if they got him in trouble.

"Stop Clover," Scarlett said, determined to not let this devolve any further. "Or I'll tell Mason and you'll be eating bagged food for the next week." They all hated the bagged Pokemon food you get in stores. Nasty little brown pellet reminding him of bodily waste. Ew. Mason only fed that crap to his Pokemon when he had nothing else on hand and no way to go get better food, a temporary hunger relief not to be done more than once a day unless it was done for punishment. Clover had gotten the most bagged food because he acted up the most

Clara was going to help but it seemed like everyone was sending out any flying Pokémon which she had none so she decided she would just leave it to them. Mason started asking everyone where they were from then told a little bit about himself. “Oh wow you went to a Trainer School huh? Mama was going to send me there but I left before she had the chance to sign me up. I’m from Viridian City I was living with my Mama who owns a fairy type gym. Before I started traveling I was in tv show. Oh yeah that’s right! I was a actress!” She said grinning and holding the peace sign up. She seemed quite proud. “ I actually don’t have any Gym badges the only battling I did was those who challenged me while traveling. It was so cool seeing knew places!! Oh and the crazy situations we’ve gotten into. I can’t tell you how many times I thought I was a total goner haha! But! We made it through of course....Sylvia was doing most of the work....but I helped to!!” Clara said smiling like she had just concurred the world.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Lulidew Lulidew

With a second of thought, Kane also pulled out one of his own Pokemon. Gently holding the red and white sphere in his nimble hands, he looked about for a moment for a good spot to summon his Water type. After spotting a decent enough space to stick the fairly tall, bulky Pokemon, Kane called out to his companion. "Hands on deck, Tentacruel. We got missing Pokemon." With a flash of light, similar to the light from Dylan's Pokeball, and a watery, blubbery cry the tentacle Pokemon appeared. "Tentacruel may be a bit lazy, but it's still surprisingly quick. That, and nothing escapes from its eighty tentacles. Tentacruel, go help these guys capture some Ice types - you are not to use force to do so. Just grab them and return."

Tentacruel didn't seem to be all that bothered or motivated to do what it was told, but that was just due to it's relaxed nature. It didn't take long for it to lift itself off the ground, using a few tentacles almost like the legs of a bug, and began looking around.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Lulidew Lulidew animegirl20 animegirl20 Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 (sorry its a bit short and late - a little busy ATM. ill clear up soon, though)

Hearing Mason repeat Kane's statement of sending out flying type Pokémon secretly irked her a bit. She was even more irked at the fact that it seemed that no one had paid any attention to her idea that would help aid the group in finding Jane's Pokémon faster. Then Mason started talking about the group telling each other where they came from. "This is ridiculous," Dylan grumbled softly under her breath so that the only one that was able to hear her was Ryker who calmly replied, "Give it a bit of time." This however only made the young woman roll her eyes a bit as Clara started talking about herself and what she use to be. There was no way that she was going to be sucked into this and play the waiting came forever.

Meanwhile, Drake was flying above the city trying to see if he could spot the missing Pokémon his trainer asked to be found and returned. It took a bit of fast flying, but he managed to find the group down below. Among them were two other Pokémon, a Clefairy and an Ivysaur. The Garchomp flew down to the scene and landed behind Scarlett, "I am here to lend my assistance in bringing these, trouble makers back to their trainer." Glancing down at Scarlett he noticed her shivering, he guessed that the Swinub held in the vines must have attacked as an attempt to escape. When he turned his gaze onto the group of ice types his piercing yellow orbs seemed rather frightening, maybe intimidation would help. If they ran away though, he'd easily find and catch up to them. "I do not wish for anymore trouble to arise. So please let us all return back to our trainers, now. If not, then they will find us very soon. Pick you option."

"Dylan, I found them," Ryker told his trainer as he turned his head up to face her, but his eyes were still closed. The young woman looked down at her partner and nodded before turning her attention back onto the group. "Well, while this has been interesting. I am not one for standing by. That, and Ryker here has picked up on the aura's of my Garchomp and the missing Pokémon. So if you would please excuse me, I am going to start walking." In a polite manner Mei bowed to the group before turning her back to them. When Ryker started to walk in the direction of where the ice types were, Dylan was close to follow. Whether the others were going to follow her or not didn't seem to bother her all too much. She trusted Ryker and Drake enough to know that they wouldn't let her down, and haven't let her down in the past.
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Kylesar1 Kylesar1 animegirl20 animegirl20 Lulidew Lulidew

Mason Serrano
Cypress City Square

"Yes. I'm a bit more formally taught in Pokemon than a trainer, which I suppose explains why I don't battle for real." In trainer school, one got an overview of all the training aspects of Pokemon. Actual Battling was a very small aspect of the school, except for the occasional battle tests and the end of school tournament. It was about integrating Pokemon in one's daily life, knowing their moveset, strengths and weaknesses, and stats, as well as Pokedex entries and how they assist people in their day to day lives, leading into Pokemon as a non-battling career. Mason had 4 badges, but that was where he stopped. It seemed to be enough to keep his Pokemon interested in him. If they grew to where they would hit that point like with Jane, then he'd just go get another. "You're an actress, eh? Have you played in anything popular?"

Mei walked off after muttering that she found them out via her Lucario's Aura tracking her Garchomp. Mason laughed with a shrug as he followed Mei. "Can't really beat the power of Aura in finding a lost Pokemon. Highly effective, I must say. I guess that's why you're a good trainer." he said. He wasn't in the least affected by Mei's words, as he was in too good a mood in general, let alone here at a festival with otherwise very nice people. Mason couldn't really do anything but standby and wait. He didn't exactly have a Pokemon that could fly or one that could sense aura. He had to be somewhere in the area he sent his Pokemon from. Otherwise they would get lost looking for him. This is why he needed to hurry and receive his Skiploom. It was shiny, so it was a shade of Pink, albeit bordering on the realm of Purple. It was really hard for him to actually catch it as a Hoppip since its shiny form is green, but upon doing some research and seeing that both Skiploom and Jumpluff's shiny forms were pink were enough for him. He left the Skiploom in Hoenn to assist his mother around the house, but she decided to send Skiploom to Telios via Mason's father flying over to visit them for the Iron Ghost Tournament.

As they moved towards the group, His other Pokemon joined back with him. "Hey Sunny (Deerling) and Zoe (Gastrodon). We're heading over to where they found the lost Pokemon. Excellent work. I'll give you some more cake for your hard work." He wasn't about to have them return though, as they wanted to enjoy the festival with him.

They came upon the group to see Scarlett and Clover, Scarlett with snow on her and Clover holding the lead culprit in the air with his vines. "Here you are Jane. Your crew. There are mine. The Clefairy is named Scarlett, and that Ivysaur is named Clover. Release him, Clover, and thank you both for finding them."
Lulidew Lulidew
animegirl20 animegirl20

Dylan's cheeks grew a soft shade of pink at Mason's compliment. "Yes well, I'm only a good trainer because of of my Pokémon. That's what happens when you respect and trust one another. It takes you far," her voice was soft and a bit more gentle when she spoke to the boy clad as Bannet. If one paid attention to that small detail they could guess the young woman was embarrassed. But after bit her cheeks returned to their normal color as they continued to walk, Ryker in the lead. With so many people they had to weave their way through the crowds. This was definitely not Mei's favorite thing to do.

After a handful of minutes walking though, her idea and everyone's efforts paid off. There in front of them were the missing Pokémon, as well as Drake and what appeared to be Mason's other Pokémon. When he sensed that they had made it, Ryker opened his eyes. A smile on his face at seeing they had made it to the location of the Swinub. Drake turned around when he heard voices speaking to the group. At seeing his trainer the Garchomp made his way to her before rubbing his snout against the woman's cheek. This made Dylan-Mei shed the smallest of smiles, "Thank you so much for your help," glancing down to her side to see her Lucario Mei snagged his paw and pulled him into a side hug, "Both of you." When trainer and Pokémon separated, Dylan pulled out Drake's Poke Ball before returning him inside of it.
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Kylesar1 Kylesar1 animegirl20 animegirl20 Lulidew Lulidew

"I guess we came here at the wrong time," Ty said to his pokemon that were walking beside him. After getting their fifth gym badge and fighting countless trainers on their journey for their sixth badge, Ty and his pokemon headed to Cypress city to challenge the famous ghost type gym. However, to their dismay, the gym leader had been out of the gym enjoying the festivities of the ghost themed festival. "Maybe we should do the same as the gym leader and enjoy the festival. What do you guys think," Ty looks to his pokemon when asks this question. When Ty looked to his right Kai shook his head and let out, "Roc," to his trainer. On top of Kai's head Don was jumping up and down with glee yelping, "Dile! Dile!" with lots of excitement. To Ty's left Ari, disguised as a gardevoir, smiled and nodded and in her arms salandit was also nodding. "Sorry Kai, looks like it's three against one," Ty apologized to Kai, patting his shoulder. Kai sighed in disappointment and the group headed to the city square, where the festivities were happening.

When they made it the square Ty was in awe. He saw people dressed up as ghastlies and decidueyes. He even saw pokemon dressing up as different ghost type pokemon. "Man, I whish we planned ahead for this. It would be fun if we all dressed up," he remarks. His pokemon nodded, agreeing to Ty's statement. After grabbing a bite to eat from a few of the food stands, Ty noticed a group of pokemon and two trainers that were dressed up for the festival. "What a peculiar group," Ty though to himself. He then started to walk up to the group with his pokemon at his sides. When he reached them he walked up behind the ice type pokemon that seemed to be led by a swinub. Ty looked at the two trainers and raised an eyebrow, "Well aren't you guys a peculiar group," he rhetorically asks. "What's going on here?"

Upon finding back her pokemon, Jane's eyes lit up. "Where did you guys run off to? I was so worried!" As she spoke, she ran up to them, almost going for a hug before realising that they were the cause of all her worries. "Do you know how much trouble you have caused? You guys go reflect on what you have done back in your own pokeballs." At last, the missing pokemon were returned back into their own pokeballs. "I would like to apologize for all of the inconveniences my pokemom have brought to all of you." Jane lowered her head, feeling guilty for not being more responsible.

Just then, a trainer approached them, curious about the events that had just unfolded. "Oh, well it's a long story, but basically my pokemon ran away and these good-looking people helped me to find them." Jane explained with a cheery smile. Her positive attitude was quickly restored after she had found her pokemon.

“Sure did! I was on a popular kids variety show.” Clara’s attention switched over to Mei who’s Pokémon seemed to had sense where the others were. Her and Sylvia who was still holding on to Buffy followed the others. Seemed like the Pokémon were all safe and sound. Though Clara did wish she could of been more of help. Suddenly a person appeared along with his Pokémon. She smiled and ran up to them. “Hey! Is that a Lycanroc?” She walked up to it. “Last time I saw one I uh made it mad. Not sure why though.....he doesn’t chase people does he?” She looking at the newcomer.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Lulidew Lulidew
DeadEnd DeadEnd

Kate had been in town waiting for this day, The day of the ghost type pokemon festival. She loved pokemon but hadn't caught a whole lot of ghost types up till that point, though she did have Marowak in his pokeball and a Haunter back at the pokemon lab in Hoenn. She walked down the street next to Lucy and Blaziken. Lucy was dressed up like an Alolan Marowak, which was a surprise to her real Marowak. Blaziken however was dressed up like the mega evolved form of Banette. Kate her self was wearing her usual outfit except her bikini top was switched out for one with a Haunter on it. She smiled as she walked down the streets seeing people with their pokemon out. Pip popped her head out of Kates bag wearing a gastly hat.

She began to walk past food stalls towards the city center when Blaziken began to pull her every which way. She eventually can across a large group of people who seemed to be standing around few pokemon. It seemed like there were some pretty rare pokemon there with them, some fossil pokemon too. She walked over with her pokemon and tried to put on a friendly face. "Hey you have some pretty nice looking pokemon here with you guys" she said. She looked at the Lucario there with one of the people "Hey nice Lucario, I have one too" she said pointing at the Lucy who was dressed as a Marowak.
animegirl20 animegirl20 Lulidew Lulidew Kylesar1 Kylesar1 The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 DeadEnd DeadEnd

"I will accept your apology, Jane. But you should learn how to get your bunch under control, especially that Swinub of yours." Though before Dylan could say her polite good-byes to the group, a young man showed up with his own Pokémon. They stood out a bit on their own, even without any costumes. At Jane's shorted version of why the group was together as they were Mei's cheeks grew a soft pink out of embarrassment. Good-looking would not be one of the phrases she'd ever use to describe herself. A word like average felt more suited for her if it ever came down to the fact of appearances. "Well, yes. I guess that's one way to put this gathering," the young woman's voice monotone with the slightest traces of embarrassment as she gave a small cough to clear her throat. Now what was she to do? There were now more people than earlier.

But just as soon as she thought no one else was going to show up, a new voice could be heard from behind them. The voice of a girl. And that's just who Dylan saw when she turned to face the source. This girl certainly stood out on her own by wearing a bikini top, though that was only Mei's opinion. When Kate mentioned how she had a Lucario of her own Dylan and Ryker looked at Lucy, "Oh, I see. Usually not many people have the chance to catch one. I hope you are able to help her bring out her full potential." Mei's own Lucario looked up at her, he could sense it in her aura that the growing number of people interacting with her was starting to make her more uncomfortable than she had been to begin with. But Ryker was also proud of his trainer for sticking it out this long even though she was still learning to interact with people. She was getting there, slowly but surely.

For now though, Ryker knew that he must help his trainer relax. Tilting his head back the Lucario looked up at Dylan, moving his Mismagius related witch hat some so he was better able to see her. "Dylan, if I may," the young woman looked down at her partner when she heard his voice inside her mind, "Why don't you and I go find something to eat? Maybe separating yourself from this crowd would help you feel a bit better. Worse thing that could happens is that they all end up following you. However one follower I believe won't hurt." After listening to the Lucario's suggestion, Mei was rather quick to agree by giving him a nod. Turning her focus back onto the growing group Dylan looked around at them, "Since Jane's Pokémon have been safely returned into their PokeBalls I think I'm going to go explore what the festival has to offer at some of their food stalls. It was nice meeting you all, and maybe our paths will cross again in the near future." Then with a polite bow, from both human and Pokémon, Dylan walked off past Ty with Ryker at her side.
Lulidew Lulidew Kylesar1 Kylesar1 The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald animegirl20 animegirl20 DeadEnd DeadEnd Blackvelvet Blackvelvet

If this was your typical anime, Ty's eyes would've had hearts in them. He was going to answer the girl's question about Kai, he was even going to tell her how nice his partner was. But he couldn't right now. He couldn't even say anything about the girl who left with her lucario. Ty's eyes were fixated on the new girl that showed up with her Lucario and Blaziken. "Where have you been my whole life," he thought to himself as he admired her beauty. "Her beautiful green eyes, they might be greener than mine. Like a polished emerald. And her clothing style, it's like she doesn't care about what other people think." Before he admired her for too long, Kai nudged his trainer with grunt. Ty looked at his partner and knew what he had to do.

Ty put a fist to his mouth and cleared his throat. "Please don't mess this up," he told himself. He then smiled towards her, "Thanks, I put a lot of time into training these guys." Ty took a closer look at her pokemon. He was amazed at how strong the Blaziken looked, it looked like it could easily take on any of Ty's pokemon. Even his strongest, Kai. "Your pokemon look good too. Especially that Blaziken of yours. Was he your first pokemon?"

Kate was dying a little on the inside as she tried to put on her best face and actually talk to people rather than pokemon. She looked at the girl who had commented on her Lucario. "Yeah he was a tough one to catch, we've been together for a long time now, I've been looking to get lucarionite for her for a while but haven't come across any" she said. Even though she didn't like talking to people she loved her pokemon, her pokemon were the joy of her life. Her blaziken came over and started to surf through her one of the pockets in her bag as piplup watched him. He took some of the money she had in her bag and went to buy himself some food.

She noticed a guy had been staring at her for a while but she kind of ignored him until her commented on how strong her Blaziken looked. "Yeah we've been together since the beginning of my journey, hes super strong too, Actually do you want to see something cool? Blaziken..." She said looking around, "Huh where did he go". She looked around and spotted him handing off money to a vendor in exchange for a burger. Kate sighed as she watched him. "Blaziken is too smart for his own good sometimes... he wont even eat pokemon food anymore, its all my fault for teaching him how to cook his own food" she said with a sigh. Blaziken walked back over to join Kate giving her a smile as he ate. "Is that a Lycanroc? I saw these guys all the time in Alola, do you happen to be from there too?" she asked.

animegirl20 animegirl20 Lulidew Lulidew Kylesar1 Kylesar1 The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 DeadEnd DeadEnd

"Wow, she's from the Alola region," Ty mused. "No wonder she's showing a lot of skin." Ty laughed a little and scratched the back of his head, "Nah, I was born and raised here in Telios. Lived here my entire life." He then looks at Kai and pets his furry head. "I've heard amazing things about Alola though. Lots of interesting pokemon there." Ty stops petting Kai and turns back to his love at first sight. "But you know what they say about Telios, you can find every pokemon that isn't a legendary. So I'll get to see more of them." Before he went off on a tangent about pokemon, Ty remembered that she was gonna show him "something cool" but it seemed Kai was up to something.

Next to his trainer, Kai was staring down the Blaziken that was across from him in jealousy. "There's no way that Blaziken is stronger than me," he thought to himself. "Ty was just trying to compliment the girl so he could get closer to her." Kai then stood straight to show that he was just as tall as Ty. "I hope you know that my trainer didn't mean what he said," Kai said to the Blaziken. "So don't think that your hot stuff or anything." Of course all of this sounded like Kai was just saying his name multiple times to humans. But in reality, Kai was trying to downsize a Blaziken he felt was a threat to his place in his trainer's heart.

Blaziken looked at the Lycanroc. He smirked, "Well of course I'm hot stuff, I'm a fire type haha" He said as he ate his burger. Blaziken sat down on the street to have a conversation with Lycanroc. "Me and my trainer have been together for years, shes soo cool, we can mega Evolve aswell" he said pulling up the sleeve of his costume to show off the mega stone on his bracelet. "I'm strong because being strong is cool and my trainer thinks the same thats why we are able to pull off mega evolution" he said acting pretty relaxed.

"Yeah I heard, I found this little gal here" Kate said replying to his comment about Telios as she reached back and pet Pip on the head. "Oh I know," She said reaching for two more pokeballs and letting the pokemon inside out. Out of the pokeballs came Dart and Marowak, "These two came from the Alola region" she said. Marowak hid behind Kate while Dart walked up to Ty and reached out a hand, or a wing, for a hand shake. "Marowak heres a little shy but you see hes a variant of the Marowak's you usually see, hes a fire and ghost type. Dart here is a grass type but when he evolves he will become a Grass and Ghost type. I plan on using Marowak to compete in some events but I wont be able to use Dart yet" She said.
DeadEnd DeadEnd

Kai chuckled at the Blaziken. "You're able to mega evolve because you species is able to mega evolve," he confidently said. "If my species had a mega stone of our own, I'd easily be able to mega evolve. Especially since my trainer is amazing at what he does." Kai smirked at the thought of being able to mega evolve. How imagined how cool and epic he might look. But, his species's mega stone hasn't been found yet, so his dreams would have to wait.

"Wow," Ty said in awe as he ignored his Lycanroc's antics. "Do all of the Alolan pokemon look awesome?" Ty shook the Dartrix's hand. "I wonder what type advantages the Marowak might," he quickly thought to himself. "You must be planning on taking on the champion then huh? With all of these strong looking pokemon, especially that Blaziken of yours, it would be a waste if you didn't try to."

Clara stood there watching the conversation. Basically she had just been completely ignored. She looked girl up and down and sighed. Then she looked over at Ty. “Your just typical guy ain’tcha?” She smirked and said it loud enough for both of them to hear. Now having lost interest in the Pokémon her attention went back to the festival. Honestly she was hungry but....she didn’t have any cash on her only a bank card. Clara walked over to Mason. “Hey do you know if the stands take cards?”
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
DeadEnd DeadEnd
Blackvelvet Blackvelvet

Mason Serrano
Cypress City Square

Mason was busy hugging the ice off Scarlett when Clara approached him and asked if the stands take cards. "Doubtful. Only the places that are actual buildings. I can get you some food on me though. I brought with me plenty of cash." Mason was rich, though he didn't really act like a snob. The money he had afforded him all the cosplay for both him and his Pokemon, as well as that Shiny Skiploom that was due to arrive soon. "I'll take you over to the food section of the festival." Well there were food stands all around, but there was a section in the city dedicated to food alone. "This kids show, did you play a starring role? You do seem to have that appeal that attracts the attention of children."
animegirl20 animegirl20

“Really?” Awesome she was hungry! Though she wish she could of paid for it herself. “Awesome!” She turned to Sylvia and Buffy. Seemed like Buffy had fallen asleep. “Guess I’ll put you in your pokeball.” She took one out and holding out to Buffy. Once Buffy was inside Clara looked to Sylvia. “Come on I’m starved haven’t eaten all day!” Clara looked up at Mason when he asked if she had a starring role. “Well I was the one who talked the most....so yeah I guess I did. But the others were just as important....attention of children huh? Is that a compliment or are you calling me a kid? I’m 13 you know and this year I’ll be turning 14!” She said proudly. Suddenly a food stand caught her attention. “Hey that smells good!” She grabbed Mason’s hand and pointed with her other towards the stand. “Hey I want what thier selling over there.” She said excitedly.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

“Really?” Awesome she was hungry! Though she wish she could of paid for it herself. “Awesome!” She turned to Sylvia and Buffy. Seemed like Buffy had fallen asleep. “Guess I’ll put you in your pokeball.” She took one out and holding out to Buffy. Once Buffy was inside Clara looked to Sylvia. “Come on I’m starved haven’t eaten all day!” Clara looked up at Mason when he asked if she had a starring role. “Well I was the one who talked the most....so yeah I guess I did. But the others were just as important....attention of children huh? Is that a compliment or are you calling me a kid? I’m 13 you know and this year I’ll be turning 14!” She said proudly. Suddenly a food stand caught her attention. “Hey that smells good!” She grabbed Mason’s hand and pointed with her other towards the stand. “Hey I want what thier selling over there.” She said excitedly.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Mason Serrano
Cypress City Square

"I want to meet with you all again if you're interested. I can show you all around this city and a few cities around this one if you're all interested. For now though, I'm gonna go get some food with Clara here. Call me up when you want to meet again. Kane has my number." Mason waved to them as he left the group. He wanted to meet them all again. They were certainly a peculiar set of people. 2 who lost their Pokemon. An anti-social serious trainer who needed her shell broken, and him, a pink-obsessed cosplayer. He started walking with Clara.

"Some people are more talented when it comes to children. I'm not and you have that talent." He was gonna continue, but she apparently lost focus when she saw a food stand she liked. Mason wasn't really expecting her to take his hand, as he really wasn't the touchy feely type, but whatever. Clara was nice enough and they were both in a good mood. He followed her to wherever she led him. Whatever she wanted, he got for her, while getting cake for his Pokemon with a sweet tooth. That was all but Clover (who hates sweets and prefers spicy foods) and Scarlett (who likes sour foods). Clara was very energetic and Mason wouldn't be able to keep up if Clara wasn't pulling him along.
animegirl20 animegirl20

To be honest, Kane had little clue what just happened. Seemingly just after he requested his Tentacruel to help with the Pokemon search, it was apparent it wasn't needed. "Well, that was fast...thanks anyway, Tentacruel." After what seemed like a bit of a grumble, as Kane had interrupted its mid afternoon nap, the Tentacruel vanished in a flash of red light. The sailor's son then noticed that somehow the group had expanded last he checked - a girl in...clothing, technically, and a boy who was only probably there because of the girl. Kane just chuckled to himself - he wasn't a great fan of people like that. Perhaps it was just his life of solitude speaking.

In a sudden, however, he felt a rocky head ram his back. Ah, Kane thought, I guess it's that time of day. The head nudging, Kane had learned, from his Cradily meant that it was feeding time. He noticed that the group was starting to split apart, presumably to do their own things. Waving Mason goodbye, he then turned to see that the woman he originally had met with the Lucario - Dylan, as he believed she was called - had began to wander off. "Oh", he called to get her attention, "Before you leave, you don't happen to know where any restaurants are if you don't mind? The sort that serve Pokemon as well, that is. Sorry, I'm a bit new to the city."

(although it would technically be everyone, specifically he's talking to Dylan Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 )

Before she could make it anywhere far, Dylan could hear someone calling out. Turning around the young woman realized that the call had come from the young man she had met earlier, before two became three then multiplied from there. It seemed that he was wondering if she herself knew of any places that he could take himself and his Pokémon to in order to eat. Though mentally the brunette debated on whether she should offer to look around with him or not. But at feeling a small pull of her sleeve, Mei turned her gaze onto Ryker. The Lucario was already looking up at her when she gazed down at him, "It would not be so bad of you to explore with him. I myself am rather hungry, and I'm sure the others are as well," his voice had a calming affect. But that was normal for Ryker, he made it his job to look after her.

Taking a somewhat deep breath, Dylan nodded her head to the Pokémon. After having done that she and her partner walked over to Kane together before stopping about two feet in front of him. The reason being for her having turning around and moving closer was for the sole fact that the boy might be able to hear her better that way. "I'm sorry to say, but I'm unsure of any restaurants that serve both people and Pokémon. I've only been here a day myself and wound up cooking in my hotel room. But," glancing away a bit the girl adjusted the halo that went with her Shedinja costume, "I wouldn't mind trying to find a restaurant with you. My team is rather hungry themselves and they prefer fresh things." Ryker smiled up at Dylan before giving a small nod and turning his red orbs onto the sailor's son.

Kane sighed with relief as she replied to him in a friendly and co-operative manner - for some reason, he had a niggling thought in his mind that Dylan would've either ignored him, or had retaliated with harsher words than she did. Perhaps it was her seriousness that set it off, or her clear anti-social attitude, that gave him his impression. He scolded himself, though - if there was anything he had learned from his trips around the world, it was that people shouldn't be judged on first impressions. No-one can ever portray themselves properly the first time they meet you. Cradily was hungry, though, and it was making its affliction very clear.

"Okay, alright. Well, I guess we'd better get going - unless I want a bruise in the morning, that is." As he speaks, he smiles as his body shudders from the impacts. They didn't look particularly painful, as Kane was hardy to say the least, but even the slightest of touches can hurt in time. Kane didn't mind, though - it was one of Cradily's quirks, and one that he had grown up with. He wouldn't have it any other way. He began looking around - he saw plenty of stalls selling food, but most of them were sugary or sweet in some way. It wasn't sweet he and his Pokemon were after - it was savoury - so he picked a direction and began walking it making sure that he was going at a steady enough pace that Dylan could keep up with no bother - not that he suspected that she would.

Kane was very gung-ho in that sense - he wasn't impatient as such, but knew that waiting around never brought anything to you quicker. 'If you wait for the storm to pass, you'll just get stuck in another' as his father always said. Kane never saw the usefulness of the quote, since sailing in a storm was literally the worst thing you could do, but he got the idea. He never wanted to be rude, however, and never appeared that way. Stroking his Cradily, as if comforting it that food was on the way, he ambled along thinking of what to say. Soon, his attention began to waver once again, as he started twiddling with his bracelet. The bracelet looked more like a museum than a piece of jewellery, and contained many interesting pieces ranging from Shards of various colour, supposedly from ancient tools or something similar, to various Water Pokemon teeth and even a Star Piece. The oddity was, however, that despite all of the trinkets on the bracelet Kane seemed more fond of fiddling with what seemed like a mundane old rock.

Snapping back to reality, Kane looked up. "So, which region are you from? Are you from around here?"

When he mentioned bruising Dylan peeked over his shoulder a bit to see Kane's Cradily tossing small rocks at his back. "Your friend is rather feisty when it comes to wanting to eat," she commented in her normal tone of voice. Her blue eyes moved back over to look at the man of the sea as she watched him flinch under the pelting brought on by his Pokémon. It was rather odd to see such interaction between trainer and Pokémon, but everyone was different in their own way. If Kane were to meet her whole team he possibly would find them to be an odd bunch of their own between Rose's two sides, Tundra's boundless energy, Ryker and Drake always making sure she was alright, and Sky's constant napping.

As Kane started to walk off in one direction, Dylan made sure to follow. Her Lucario right by her side. Mei knew that Ryker meant well by his suggestions of her learning how to interact with people, he was her first friend. All her Pokémon were the only friends she truly had growing up. But only Ryker knew the whole story since he had lived with the girl prior to starting her journey. Before they had left on their journey though, the Lucario promised Mei's parents that he'd take care of her and help her grow. But the years worth of building up walls would take almost equal worth of time to break them down. Though if he could get her to open up to one person, then maybe it'd be easier to open up to others.

Dylan looked over at Kane to watch him fiddle around with his bracelet, particularly a normal looking stone that was among the various objects that made the trinket up. Maybe that was a nervous habit of his, or maybe the bracelet brought him comfort. Upon hearing his question regarding where she came from Mei tried to give a smile. Though it was small enough to go unnoticed or taken as uncomfortableness, but at least she was trying. "I'm from Sinnoh, Jubilife City to be exact," the young woman replied, her tone changing a bit to try and sound less dead. Then with a tilt of her head she questioned Kane in return, "What about you? Your accent is different from just about everyone else I've ever heard speak. It's rather perplexing."

Kane nodded with a smirk as Dylan mentioned Cradily's habit of headbutting him with its rocky head, and chuckled gently. In a way, Cradily was a lot like Dylan's Lucario - it hurt when they wanted to tell their Trainer's something. Although, the ancient Pokemon's intentions were a little more barbaric that the telepathic Ryker. Which, to be fair to it, is to be expected considering it used to live about 100 million years ago before it was fossilised. In a sense, it hasn't really lost its natural instincts to get food - it is just the methods of getting food that has evolved.

His head perked at the mention of Sinnoh. "Ah, Jubilife City. I lived in Veilstone for some time, myself." As Dylan mentioned his accent, Kane chuckled slightly. "Heh, I get that a lot. I'm from Hoenn, oringially - Sootopolis to be exact - but I've lived more away from Hoenn than in it. My father is a sailor, you see, and after...issues..." At the mention of issues, Kane's face dropped into a stony stare - not sad, but not happy either - before continuing on. "...He took me with him on a trip around the world. So, I've lived either by or on the sea pretty much my whole life. To be honest, I've only lived in Telios for a couple of years. It's a nice place, don't you think? Still, for me, nothing beats the sea - especially under it. That's what most of these baubles are on my bracelet - trinkets from the sea."

Each piece of the bracelet had its own story behind it - a bit like an autobiography of Kane's life. The stories he could tell from even one of his baubles could easily make an interesting read in a book, but that was the life Kane has had since he can remember. Not to mention all the skills he had picked up from the trip - astronomy, sailing, weather patterns...Kane has had a full life. Now, though, he just wanted to settle down and begin his own adventure. He knew that one day, however, he'd eventually return to the salty waters - once a sailor, always a sailor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back