• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokémon - Shape Your Own Region!

RoleplayAllDay

Somewhere, far away from the discovered and inhabited Pokémon regions, lies Versimo, a region-sized island in the middle of the ocean. No human has ever set foot on the island and it has been inhabited only by Pokémon all throughout it’s mysterious history. That changes today however, as the ship containing your character and her team arrives at Versimo, with the sole goal of turning this from an island of untamed nature to another region where humans and Pokémon live in harmony. From setting up cities, towns and routes to creating the region’s Pokémon League or perhaps even another form of challenge, it is completely up to you! You shape Versimo, it’s all in your hands!

————————————————

Hello to anyone reading this! I’m Rebecca and I’m looking for someone to join me in this RP, inspired by Legends Arceus! However, instead of forming a new Pokedex in a wild land, you are instead gonna create a whole new modern region! To clarify, I’m looking for someone to star as the main character of the story, the person put in charge of turning an untamed island of nature into a region as we see them in the Pokemon games. As such, I guess you could say this RP is essentially ‘world building through a story’-style thing, which is something I’m very excited to try out! While you will play the main character, I will be the GM, meaning I play all the other characters and Pokémon on the island. Kinda like a video game: you control the player, I control ‘the game’.

I prefer keeping this initial message short and sweet and then discussing in further depth later, as well as answer every possible question you might have. I do however have some pointers that I think might help to see whether we’re a good match:

• As you might figure out from the prompt, this RP combines a lot of different genres and topics together. From world building to exploration to Pokémon training to dealing with a large potential cast of characters and even more... there’s a lot to it. I personally absolutely love that level of detail and depth to an RP and I’m sure that as we go deeper and deeper, you’ll see it grow even more.

• Literacy and length-wise, I have a simple rule: quality > quantity. If you can say everything you want to say in one sentence be my guest. If you need three paragraphs, also fine. I write my posts the same way. Some are a few lines, some are 7 paragraphs. It all depends.

• I’m quite an active RP’er, who can post multiple replies per day usually. Especially during these summer months I have plenty of time. Of course we all have lives so some days are buzier than others but I’m above average in response time, I’ve experienced.

• I use realistic faceclaims for any character you meet. I prefer that over the anime style Pokemon itself uses, as I find anime characters tend to be a bit...same-y.

• You have a lot of freedom in this RP. Like A LOT, a lot. Compare it with an open world game: I have a huge world for you to explore and shape into an entirely new one, with countless opportunities, paths to take and people to meet. But just like an open world game, you are the one who has to use them. Of course I will help you, but an pro-active RP attitude is definitely wanted for this RP to work.

• As for Pokemon knowledge required, things are a bit tricky. Canon characters and locations will only appear or be referenced very, very rarely, if at all, so knowledge of those is not necessary. The Pokémon however are of course directly lifted, but I’d say the only thing you truly need to know is a good understanding of the type charts and the more Pokemon species you know, the better. Battles, should they arise, are done like the anime would, so the mechanics of that are completely different from the games and as such, you can manage without much knowledge on things like moves, abilities, etc.

• Please play an OC character, not a canon one. Preferably one created for this RP, but in the end that’s up to you. For story reasons, which I’ll further detail in PMs, I would also prefer if you’d play a female character. It’s not mandatory, but I created the back story of Versimo with some things in mind that would prevent you from playing a male character. But again, I’ll explain more in PMs.

• Please be over 18. I’m an adult, I want to RP with fellow adults.

• If you have Discord, please let me know. It’s possible for me to RP on here, but I’d much prefer moving to Discord so we can make a server that allows your region to truly expand and build itself in a way I can’t pull off on here.

Alright, that’s all folks! Interested? Awesome! Feel free to shoot me a message.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back