• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pokemon Rp, Anyone? (Selective)

Gasmeros

Spider-Bruh
Hi there! So, while I'm still accepting partners, pokemon isn't high on my interest list right now.. If you really wanna RP, keep reading, but just know that I'm more likely to turn you down just because of the topic itself. Aaaaaaanyways, onward to the unedited and pre-written text!!

IMPORTANT: If you happen to respond or PM me, PLEASE be aware that I will reject people. I don't want to be cruel, but I can't give rps my all if I've juggling 20 of them. A sample of your rping ability will be asked for, and it will play a big role in determining how we move forward. Just be aware that I won't be able to take everyone on. I'm going to be pretty biased based on ability and my interest in the topics that are considered for rp between us.

Partner Requirements:

• You must be alright with any kind of gender identity. That means girl, guys, little bit of both, neither, or really anything else. It might come up with the characters I use. That goes the same for sexual and romantic orientation (straight, gay, poly, asexual, etc.).
  • You must be literate. That doesn't mean huge responses, and it doesn't mean you have to be stiff and humorless with no slang, but your RP posts should be understandable and satisfying to read. I would really love a sample of your rping ability!
  • You must be responsive! That doesn't mean you have to post every time you're online. If you're not in the mood, you're not in the mood. But you must be responsive to OOC chat. I'll probably check in if you aren't posting, but you must respond and be able to assure me that you will make an effort to post soon. At least one post a week please?
  • You must be kind and explanatory! Communication is important! This kind of combines the two previous requirements, but this is just to be clear. You must be able to communicate with me about what you want in the rp or from me kindly! I will do the same!
  • You must be willing to call me out and be called out. When it comes to rps, sometimes people can get so invested in their characters that they don't always realize if they're crossed a line they weren't aware of. If that ever happens, you have to garuntee that you will inform me! Beyond that, you must be alright with my informing you if you cross one of my lines. You must be able to change your behavior.

Rp Requirements:

• There must be a deep plot. It doesn't have to be gigantic, but it must have depth to it. The plots from pokemon games may have some very strong points, but they are by no means deep. Cool morals and great moments, but they are very simplistic and definitely not what I'm looking for in a RP. Let's dig a little deeper here!
  • It can't be romance centric. I don't care if we're doing trainers battling or daycare assistants playing with baby pichus, I don't like romance as the main drive of a plot. I do have a lot of complaints with thing romance, but background relationships are fine. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
  • The "rating" for the rp must be "Teen." In my rps, I like to cover slightly more serious topics, and I do tend to swear. However, I don't like plot that center specifically around a dark subject. I prefer light-hearted plots that, if you look at it for a little longer, you realize it's actually got some very dark themes.

RP Topics:

Pokemon Trainer/Rangers: For sure! The only requirement for this is that your trainer/rangers team aren't just mindless pokemon. They are your characters, too! Treat them like ones!

Plots Ideas:

• Basic trainer journey. Get badges, battle against a team, find a legend, all that jazz. This could be a new region, or just a parody of one of the games.
  • Muse A's team has been stolen by the nutorious Team [blank]! Determined to get them back, Muse A seeks the aid of another trainer, Muse B. As they struggle forwards, Muse A must face the possibilty that they might never see their first team again.
  • Muse A is a brilliant pokemon trainer. They know every trick in the book, and they are well on their way to becoming a member of the elite four, maybe ever the champion. Muse B, however, is a terrible trainer. But they certainly have spunk! The two cross paths, and Muse A ends up trying to help Muse B improve their skills.
  • Muse A used to be one of the best trainer's the world has seen! However, shortly before taking on the Champion, they dropped out of the race for an unknown reason. They retreated to a small home in City A, and live in solitude, rarely speaking of their adventures as a trainer.. But one day, young Muse B arrives at their door, begging to be taught use A's secrets to victory.

Pokemon: If you want to just rp as pokemon, that's fine, too! However, I don't do anthropomorphic/"poke-people." I'll either do totally human, or totally pokemon character. No mixed breeds.

Plot Ideas:

• Anything Mystery Dungeon themed is cool with me! We can come up with our own plot.
  • In the land of Irrem, pokemon live in peace, far from humans. The only threat are places called "Off-Road." What's so bad at Off-Road? Carnivorous pokemon live there. The divide between pokemon who must eat meat to survive and those who don't is severe, but for good reason.
  • Due to series of misleading events, Muse A is accused of raiding the town's food supply overnight. Muse B, meanwhile, is the true culprit. Seeing Muse A take the fall, Muse B decided to bust Muse A out of jail as an apology. However, Muse A cannot go back home anymore. Throughout the story, Muse B must confront the fact that they ruined Muse A's peaceful life. *This one is very popular, so I've kind of gotten bored of it... Keeping it here just in case, but other ideas would be appreciated.

Hometown Life: If you don't want to go on some grand adventure, I can do a simple rp about the simple life! Workplace drama, friendships, the daily life of a human or pokemon in the pokemon world!

Any other ideas you have would be great! If you're interested, PM me or respond below, and I will send you a short questionnaire so I can get to know you! I will take as many partners as I can, so don't be afraid to ask!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested in a journey or home life RP as well. I also like the sound of this one:

• Muse A's team has been stolen by the nutorious Team [blank]! Determined to get them back, Muse A seeks the aid of another trainer, Muse B. As they struggle forwards, Muse A must face the possibilty that they might never see their first team again.

I am new to this site, but I have been roleplaying for 7 years, and also been into Pokemon for 11 years. I have been looking for a dedicated Pokemon role-player for a while now so please let me know if you are still interested! n_n

@Cunning Commander @Azami Hey, let's see if this will work! Because I'm a strong believer in getting to know a partner before rping, I'm going to send you two a PM with a small questionnaire in it. Respond as soon as you can, and we can get started on a plot for our rp if it seems like we can work well together!

Last edited by a moderator:
What caught my eye here was this plot in the Pokemon section:

LittleGamerFool said:
Due to series of misleading events, Muse A is accused of raiding the town's food supply overnight. Muse B, meanwhile, is the true culprit. Seeing Muse A take the fall, Muse B decided to bust Muse A out of jail as an apology. However, Muse A cannot go back home anymore. Throughout the story, Muse B must confront the fact that they ruined Muse A's peaceful life.
This idea is interesting to me ( :) ) I'm not 100% sure if I meet your requirements, so go ahead and send me any questions you have, and let me know if I do or don't.

The third scenario under the Pokémon section about one of them getting accused of raiding the food really caught my attention. I'd be interested in that one if it's available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back