• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon: RLYKEWLTITLE

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I’m thinking of running a Pokemon RP, obviously. I don’t have too much in mind yet, but I think there’s enough to work with. Here’s what I’m looking at so far:

• Adventure/drama based conflict, not gym crawls
  • Mood pulls more from the manga and the Gamecube games (Coloseum and Gale of Darkness)
  • More variety in characters – older characters, non-trainers, etc.
  • Slightly more realistic/darker take on events and consequences
  • Antagonist team that’s based on Team Rocket and Team Snagem
  • Less taking over the world and altering reality, more Pokemon smuggling, rigged tournaments, black market for battle effects (X Accuracy, X Speed, etc).
  • I hate making new regions. I’ll probably set this in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Orre.
  • I haven’t played Pokemon since Platinum so plz 2 bear with me
  • Pokemon battle combat system! A simple one though, probably based on the d10 thread I have posted, because… I'm beginning to regret a lot of things in my life.
  • Combat is not the focus on this story. Relationships (not the romantic kind, unless you like that) are.
  • Maybe??? I’ll rip off?? Shadow Lugia??????
  • Joy and Jenny would still be totally canon, there would be male Joys and Jennys, the only requirement is the matching surnames and hair color.

Eventually there will be a title. I think.

This RP, unless there's a lot of interest or a massive push, probably won't be officially started for a few weeks, the end of the semester is nearing and it's not the best time to be starting a new story... but this idea won't leave my head, and a couple people have shown interest already!

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet if I figure how to gracefully and simply handle combat, you would be all over this shit.

:'D

tfw you download the Pokemon Tabletop book and the main handbook is a 500 page PDF.

Yeah, on second thought, if this doesn't get much attention, then I'm just going to ditch the combat system entirely xD

Well, I figure, if it's only about five people, then I can trust everyone to be reasonable and plan/write out the battles together. If enough people show interest and demand it, then I'll keep working on a solution for a quick and dirty combat system.

Fascinating, but a little too much to ask of every single roleplayer who joins.

I meant for just the 5 of us y'know, to determine who wins, or loses, just throwing an idea out.

Ohhh..... that makes more sense. xD

I'll keep that in mind then! In the meantime, I've got a Google Doc up and I'm working some things out.

If you refresh every so often you can see what I've added.

@AllHailDago

You're looking at the dirty back end of things. By the time this system is done, I'll have it arranged in a spreadsheet, where all you'll have to do is plug in your roll results and it'll do all the number-crunching for us.

It'll be okay Dago, I promise. I'm gonna be keeping track of things.

Also, a lot of the math is being done by my friend Luddeus.

Yay! I find it interesting too! Otherwise I wouldn't be writing it, I guess.... xD

If you have any concerns or suggestions, feel free to drop something in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back