• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Rise of Shadows

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Arcanus sighed gently, and sat down next to April, patting the ground and signaling her to sit next to him. "Your frustration is understandable, my gem..." He said to her in a soft voice as he thought of what to say next, staring into space.

"Understand that Emlas is... young. She is not mature enough yet to fully grasp the weight of this decision. She never did ask for any of this to happen - none of us did. All she knows for certain is that the Shade is a dangerous being, and that she wants things to go back to the way they were before: Living a happy life."

"Death is something terribly difficult to come to terms with.. Especially at such a young age. And when so much death is happening around you all the time... There is no telling how someone will react to it. Especially when confronted with it head-on, in such a blunt manner."

Assailant Assailant
April sat down next to her love and listened to him. When he finished, she sighed and was silent for some time. After a few moments, she turned back to see Emlas and Latios having their moment. She sighed once more, clearly frustrated. "I mean... I guess that makes sense, but we can't afford that right now. I dunno, I just..." She paused and turned to Arcanus. "I mean, am I the a**hole here? Seriously, I just..." She lowered her head. "I'm just tired of all this, you know? I just want to be done with this whole thing and go back with Nathan and... be with you, for real where we don't have to constantly worry about the other dying, and... we were just handed an out on a silver platter, and yet..." She went silent, staring into the void with a solemn expression.

Daisie Daisie

Arcanus couldn't help but smile a little bit as April talked about being together after this all blew over. It seemed like such a pleasant thought. Almost strange how it contrasted with the bleak world they lived in, now. It brought a good calm over him, and he thought deeply about April's words.

"I think... You are doing your best, love. People react in such different ways to stress... Your eagerness for this hellish nightmare to be over is most certainly felt by every person in this group. It is simply that..." Arcanus looked over his shoulder at the rest of the group, dwelling on Latios and Emlas for a few moments more before looking back out into the distance. "Love can grow stronger in times of stress. You know more than anyone. You never want to let go of the ones you love. It is a difficult situation, no matter how practical you are, and no matter what is at stake. It never makes the final decision any easier."

"You are not being absurd by wanting this to be over. I know you, gem."

Assailant Assailant

Arcanus couldn't help but smile a little bit as April talked about being together after this all blew over. It seemed like such a pleasant thought. Almost strange how it contrasted with the bleak world they lived in, now. It brought a good calm over him, and he thought deeply about April's words.

"I think... You are doing your best, love. People react in such different ways to stress... Your eagerness for this hellish nightmare to be over is most certainly felt by every person in this group. It is simply that..." Arcanus looked over his shoulder at the rest of the group, dwelling on Latios and Emlas for a few moments more before looking back out into the distance. "Love can grow stronger in times of stress. You know more than anyone. You never want to let go of the ones you love. It is a difficult situation, no matter how practical you are, and no matter what is at stake. It never makes the final decision any easier."

"You are not being absurd by wanting this to be over. I know you, gem."

Assailant Assailant
April was quiet for some time, taking this in and thinking it over. She turned back to Latios and Emlas one more time before slowly turning back to the abyss. "People have died... and people are gonna continue dying... but if I can help it, I know who I'm keeping safe." She gently kissed Arcanus's cheek before resting her head on his shoulder. "I love you, Arc... I'm going to get through this with you... and we're going to have a nice, long, happy life together... I'll make sure of it."

Daisie Daisie

Arcanus smiled softly as April gave him the "peck" on the cheek. He stroked the feathers on her cheek as she laid her head on his shoulder, and he hummed. "I am a firm believer that the bonds of love are strong enough to exceed this life. Miraculously, we are all still strongly connected to each other. Even the ones who are not here with us, today. I know our fallen heroes are all watching over us, and strengthening us along our paths."

He shifted April's head off his shoulder for a moment, looking at her and holding April's hand-made pendant wrapped around his hand up to the pendant that laid around her chest. "No matter what happens to either of us, we will be together. Over any distance, over any dimension, over any realm. We will find a way to lift each other up. If we lose each other, as sure as the sky is blue, we will find each other once more. The Shade can never take away the bonds of compassion."

"Nobody can."

Assailant Assailant

April smiled at Arcanus and gently leaned in and placed her beak to his lips for a few moments before pulling back out with a soft smile. Her face appeared tired, but at the very least, in this moment, she seemed happy. She looked down at the two of their pendants placed together before nuzzling him softly. "...I like that idea," she said finally. There was a moment of pause before she broke off and just looked him deeply in the eyes. "... I like that idea," she repeated once more as she simply immersed herself in the love she felt for him and allowed him to wash away her pain and fear.

Daisie Daisie

Arcanus' amber eyes gave the same deep look that they received. Soft, comforted, and somewhat serious, all in one. He knew with a fiery passion that things would find a way to work out in the end. They meant the world to each other, and what do you know? They had to save it for each other, too. He gently pushed his forehead against April's, creating a telepathic link, and fully immersing himself in the raw emotion being felt all around him. He knew that either the end or the beginning was at hand. Their bond, stronger than ever, would have to be the fuel behind their fight. It was all or nothing. He sat still for a few long moments, soaking in every bit of emotion he could get, before pulling away and smiling.

"The world is in crisis. We must mend what has been broken. For the good of our future, and for the good of all futures."

Assailant Assailant

She smiled back at him. "I'll do whatever it takes, my one and only. As long as I get to do it by your side... even if it does mean I have to deal with some unwanted companions... After so many years, you've given me a reason to fight." She nodded with determination. "I'm not about to lose that now," she finished aloud.

Daisie Daisie

Arcanus nodded in response, standing up and turning to face the rest of the group beside April. Things were probably going to still be shaky after this, but he certainly wasn't going to stop helping because of a social roadblock. He was going to do his part to make sure that this group made it to the end, and the only way they were going to make it is if they stuck together as one fighting force. He knew to never underestimate the power of communication. Arcanus was determined, and more importantly, April seemed to be, too. He'd done his part.

Serenity and Venin felt awful for what the Lati were being asked to do. Thought it may be an option, losing any more allies is not an option they want to take. Serenity then shuffled over to Emlas, who was crying on Latios. "I... If I may... I just want to say that Everything will be fine, and we will get through this. I believe that if we work hard enough, and work together, we can save the world, with as little bloodshed as possible." She said, trying to be optimistic about this.

Alistair watched as Emlas was crying, and his heart ached for the pure latias, as something must have upset her. He wishes he could just go up and comfort her, but the other two would most likely go to defend her. For now, he stayed back, and let Serenity talk to them. Latios Latios Minako Minako Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

The magnolia clad pokemon remained silent during April and Max arguing.... She... She didn't want to think about any of the Lati's killing themselves, no matter what the cost. Arceus was the most powerful entity... Surely he could make it so that there were more Soul Dews or something, right?

Charise empathized with Emlas greatly.... Poor thing... The Embrace Pokemon's heart wept with her and for her, Charise couldn't even begin to imagine how it must have felt to have everyone tell her to... to commit suicide!

Her and her brothers!

Charise didn't really want to believe that it would even work... She merely hung her head as everyone else argued. She would give anything to be able to sacrifice herself instead of Emlas and her brothers. She'd do it in a heartbeat. Whatever would keep the world in tact for Ro.

"What's going on?" Rosie asked, resting her hand on Charises shoulder, to her delight.

"...I think..." Charise began, continuing after a pause, "Most of us want the Lati's to kill themselves, since it will make a Soul Dew... which can destroy the darkness..."

"At the cost of their lives?!" Ro gasped.

"...It seems that way..." Charise explained, hating being the translator for this.

"That's awful!? Isn't there another way?!" Rosie pleaded, not liking what she was hearing.

"I mean... If other Lati's have died before them, maybe there's other soul dews out there?" Charise speculated.

"Can't we just look around and find other soul dews...?" The small brunette asked.

"I-I... I don't know...? How would we even get to them?" Charise asked herself out loud, troubled by everything.

Aero and Kaine looked away from the crying Emlas, Aero lost and not really knowing what to do and Kaine simply looking away and scratching his head... It was possible to interpret his occasional glances at April as probably agreeing with her, but not actually wanting to say anything out loud.

Latios Latios

Last edited:
"Yes, how to get to them indeed." Said Arceus overhearing the embrace Pokemon. "Our Shade friend currently guards the gate outside. He will no doubt track you down if you make a run for it."

"I could help with that."
said a voice from the circle of legendaries. Stepping forth came Giratina standing just as tall as Arceus, though maybe a tad bit more menacing.

"Giratina, you'd really let them in? You've been very protective over it since the last incident."
Spoke Arceus.

"I'll be watching them every step of the way. Any misbehavior will be dealt with swiftly. Not one more pillar will fall ever again due to some reackless outsider." He told Arceus before turning back to the group. "I'll help you. but on the condition that you do exactly what I say."
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie Minako Minako Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Max nodded. "Whatever it takes," he responded, though admittedly with some hesitation. He lowered his head and began thinking about many things. He suddenly got an idea. “Excuse me, Arceus, I have a question admittedly unrelated to all of this. If now is not the time, merely say the word and I will be silent. However, you see...” he paused. “After the death of my brother, Felix, I went into a life of solitude and spiritual reflection. I learned many things and grew immensely. The trials and tribulations of this journey, however, have surfaced old questions I thought long put to rest. Coming off of the tragic death of a friend, Genesis, I find myself wondering...” he sighed. “What precisely happens to the souls of those who die?” He paused shuffled his feet. “I thought, as I meditated on the nature of all things and became more attuned to aura, that I would come to learn this truth, and yet... my questions have only deepened. Sometimes the aura of an individual persists beyond death, others fade, others still can return for a brief moment... is there an afterlife? And this place... one would think it would be so full of spiritual energy, of aura, that I would be blinded by the light, and yet I detect nothing...” he was silent once again before bowing. “Forgive me, Creator. I have been rambling.”

April, meanwhile, simply glared at Arceus with a burning hate. She mumbled under her breath a bit, quiet enough that even Arcanus couldn’t hear her, but said no thoughts aloud.

Latios Latios

Charise could only nod slowly at Giratina's words, sort of not knowing how to react to either Max or Arceus.

Max was asking an important question, and she felt even worse for the poor Aura Pokemon when he began talking about who she assumed was his late trainer. She didn't recall a name being said until now, but she was certain that was who he was talking about.

It then hit her precisely why she felt the way she did around Max. Why this, everything they had been through starting from when they first met him up until now, was affecting her so.

Max's reality was Charise's nightmare.

Losing her trainer would kill her, and Max was every bit as close to Felix as she is to Ro, and he lost him... Perhaps this feeling of longing wasn't love, but rather admiration? Fascination for how he could go on without him?

Her heart felt a little better reasoning in itself she wasn't developing feelings of adoration for him... Now wasn't the time to.

She shook her head and brought herself back to reality, focusing on April now, and shooting her a sympathetic look as she glared at Arceus... She must be feeling raw over... Her late mother...

She gasped quietly as it occurred to her her hasty actions from earlier might have triggered flashbacks to Amber's death, and Charise tensed up and hung her head in shame, subtly blocking her vision with her hand and looking away from the peeved Pidgeot while biting her lip slightly, making a huge mental note to apologize to her for any trauma she may have caused earlier.

"Chari? You okay?" Ro asked mentally, swooping her right back into reality.

"Y-yes, darling! I-I'm quite alright! Just a little winded is all, heh!" Charise again lied through her teeth... but she didn't feel guilty about it since the lie was meant to make Rosie feel better.

Another glance at her showed Charise need to pay a bit more attention to Ro, because the look of wonder had quickly washed off her place to be replaced with anxiety, worry, and extreme discomfort. Honestly, She was taking this a lot more maturely than Charise expected, granted who they were in the presence of and where they were, but Charise suspected it was because this all hadn't quite sank in yet... She recalled their first night "on the road" poor Ro was beside her self, bawling herself to sleep at Elias' betrayal.

At least then, she knew what was going on. Now... She could only understand a fraction of the conversations, if even that much...

Charise tried her hardest to hide a wince, as she once again has to say to her precious girl "I... I can explain everything else when we get out of here..."

"...Sure, Chari. Sure," Ro responded, trying to be as understanding as she could, but clearly hiding hurt and disappointment. She was seeking knowledge over comfort, and they both knew that.

Despite that, Ro obviously wanted to cling to her more, but Charise was trying to keep herself available to help Max when he needed to move around in this deadzone (to him, at least) again.

...What a useless Gardevoir she was...

She exhaled and looked over at Emlas, still distraught with good reason, and knew she was going to have to try to comfort her too, soon as she got the chance. She wanted to say words to her now, but she decided it was best to let her Black Lati brother comfort her for now.

Magnus, meanwhile, was growing more and more and more upset by the second. Quite the opposite of his dear trainer, he understood what was being said... but comprehending those words was an entirely different story.

Why did they have to go through all this?

When were they going to be able to rest again?

Why wasn't he bringing back Genesis? Or any of Max's friends? April's mother?

Why didn't Arceus just use his powers as the almighty God pokemon to make all the bad stuff go away?

He was also frowning at him, though not as intensely as April admittedly, and pouting to boot.

"...Hey, you keep starin' at 'im and you'll burn a hole in his head," He heard his elder friend, Kaine, tease him while gently nudging him to get his attention.

"...I don't like this. This is all scary. Why won't he bring back everyone? I--" He began to ask.

Then it hit him.

"...Why won't he bring back my real mommy?" Magnus suddenly questioned.

"...H-huh?!" Kaine raised his hands in defeat and looked stunned, clearly not expecting this shift in attitude.

"...I want my mommy..." Maggie muttered.

"K-kid, I--" Kaine began, but he stopped entirely when Magnus repeated the question, yet again, this time in a much louder voice.

"I WANT MY MOMMY! I WANT MY DADDY!! I WANT MORE TO REMEMBER THEM THAN JUST MY NAME! I WANNA BE ABLE TO SAY WHAT I WANT!!!" Magnus demanded, completely throwing a tantrum now, and it looked like he was preparing to use a Metronome attack... From the sounds of it, preparing for an explosive type of attack...

Though he was developed enough physically to evolve to a Togekiss, his mind was still that of a young child. It was almost detrimental to his mental growth to evolve him so early in his life, though the strength gained from that necessary evolution was nothing to sneeze at.

"I-- I mean, I don't--?!" Kaine was waaaayyy out of his element dealing with a screaming child, and if he wasn't so shocked this was happening at all he would be having a freak out as well.

"What's going on?!" Charise and Ro (she didn't need to understand what her Togekiss was saying to know he was upset) rushed to Maggie's side, Ro rubbing his forehead to ease him.

"I-I don't know! He was mimicking the bird again, I-I think, and when I tried to snap him out of it he just began wanting his parents?! Does she have either of them with her in her Pokeballs?!" The confused Charizard babbled in a panic himself.

"...No... We found him in the forest a couple of years ago... He was alone, and just a Togepi..." Charise explained, a bit quietly so Magnus wouldn't have to focus on her voice and more focused on Ro.

"Grrreeeeaaat..." Kaine sighed exasperatedly.

This time, Charise relayed everything to Ro so that she could help comfort Magnus further.

"...Charise, translate for me," Ro suddenly commanded after hearing what went on.

"H-huh? Oh, sure..." Charise replied, unsure of what was going to happen.

"I know how you feel... I understand your need to cry and be upset right now... I don't want you to hurt anyone, because no matter how bad you feel, that's always unacceptable... But if you need to, you can cry into my arms... No one will blame you for feeling this way... No one at all..." She rested her head on Maggie's as Charise translated her words to him, and like a volcano soothing itself before its eruption, the sounds stopped, and there was no anger or frustration in the Jubilee pokemon's eyes... Just shame and guilt.

"...I'm sorry, Ro... I'm sorry, Charchar..." He whimpered while sniffling, feeling guilty for his tantrum.

"It's alright, Sweetie... This... Is getting to everyone, really..." Charise chuckled, smiling at them both.

She had to be the one to die, not Ro. It was so clear to the Magnolia-clad embrace pokemon now, it wasn't just her who needed Rosalina... They all did...

They all needed her.

Last edited:
Venin and Serenity looked at Giratina in fear as he stepped forward. They had never seen him in person, but heard many rumors about him that made them fear him. "W... We thank you for your help... And we will be on our best behavior." Serenity said as she shook a little bit, with venin feeling of dread and anxiousness, knowing him, he'd blow up at the nearest enemy, but he sighed, and nodded in agreement with serenity.

Alistair looked at Giratina, not in fear, but in wonder. He had never seen Giratina in the flesh, and stared, mouth agape. "Jackson would soooo be jealous right now." He thought as he looked towards the others, who seemed to have problems of their own. Latios Latios Minako Minako Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

Arcanus stayed close to April and stayed quiet in hopes that no more drama would break out. Honestly, it was the last thing they needed at the moment. The world was at stake, and the more drama between the members there was, the less likely they were to all get through alive. He looked up at Giratina with a look similar to Alistair's, albeit less intense. Even through all this horror, Arcanus had a clear, vivid passion for seeing new sights. Seeing Arceus himself, as well as Giratina, and the other Legendaries... It was an honour and an absolute wonder; it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance. While April's expression remained hateful, his remained quite the contrast.

Assailant Assailant Latios Latios Minako Minako Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Arceus looked down at the blue and black creature before him. "That is the question all creatures such as yourself ask, one that I could indeed answer, But before I answer that, Lucario, I must ask you... why do you want to know? You needn't answer, for I can tell from what you have said and done what the answer is. Part of you yearns to know simply for the sake of knowledge, does it not? To that part of you, I say that you will know soon enough for yourself, as all things who once lived have done. The other part of you, however, desires to know out of concern for your late friends. This Felix you mentioned, as well as those who have died to bring you here. To that, I ask you this: do you truly wish to know the answer? What if I told you that, after you die, you simply cease to be? Would you feel content having learned this, or would you feel fear and sorrow at the knowledge that this has been what became of your friends?"

"Hearing this, you may believe that this must be the case, as if there was a peaceful afterlife, I have no reason to hide it. Truly I tell you, however, that this is not so. It may bring you comfort, if such a thing were to be told, to know that your friends and allies have moved on to a more peaceful world, but what if it came to be that you knew the afterlife was better than life? You might cease to struggle, content with the knowledge that something better awaits beyond the veil of mortality. You might become reckless, complacent, foolhardy. For mortal creatures like yourself, mystery is the greatest motivator. Whether it is fear of the unknown, or a desire to understand it, that which is unknown determines the moves of all things. As one who understands aura, surely you know this to be true. You appear to be a creature of great wisdom, Lucario, so I call upon that wisdom when I ask you: do you truly wish to know the answer? Regardless, I mustn't give all of my secrets away. A creature of such spiritual knowledge as yourself, or so you claim, has likely come to his own conclusion. Labor under that assumption, and await the day when you learn if you were right."

Arceus then turned back to the group before them. "As for now, I think it best we end this council. I shall leave you in the hands of my eldest, Giratina." Said Arceus before stepping back to let Giratina take the stage.

Giratina looked of the group fiercely. Eyeing up each one before speaking. "I will be taking you through my Realm to avoid the shade. However, I have rules, and I will not tolerate any disobedience. Under no circumstance are you to touch the viewing spheres, nor the support pillars. And above all, do not breath in the clouds." He said before turning his head and roaring. From his mouth came an energy that ripped open a pocket in the space before him, leaving a bright glowing portal.
Assailant Assailant . Daisie Daisie Minako Minako Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Last edited by a moderator:
Max muttered to himself a bit, naturally disatisfied with the answer the creator gave him. However, the more he thought about it, the more he supposed it made sense. He would discover the answer some day, no need to rush it.

He began to walk forward but stumbled a tad, using his stick for some support, having forgotten that he could not really see, he began to slowly stumble his way in the direction of Giratina.

April, however, frowned. "Wait, wait, hold on, couldn't we just have Palkia teleport us? Or, hell, even have anyone teleport us? Rather than travelling through dimensions..."

Charise (and Ro) rushed to help Max, reminded at despite everything he still needed her help... and looks like he would for a bit more while they traversed Giratina's realm.

The realm of the Renegade Pokémon...

The very thought of it made her uneasy, and it only worsened when Giratina warned them not to breathe in the clouds there.

Now she was doubly worried about helping Max and making sure Ro was alright.. However, April did bring up a good point, why not simply use Palkia's power to teleport instead of going through Giratina's realm?

Wouldn't that be less dangerous?

She looked to the almighty and his first kin for answers she was sure they would not grant her, like the did not grant Max his answers...

Venin and Serenity could not believe What they were hearing. They were travelling through dimensions? This was a shock for the two of them, but Alistair felt a fire for Adventure reignite as he saw the portal. "C'mon you two, let's go." He said as he walked up to the portal, and looked back at the others.

"Are you guys coming or what?" Venin said impatiently as he looked back at the others. "The Shade ain't exactly gonna be just sitting around for us. We gotta move, now."

Serenity did not like Venin's brashness, but she knew that he had a point, despite the trio not knowing what was going on entirely. Latios Latios Minako Minako Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

The great spacial Pokémon stepped forth upon its name. “Normally it would be possible. But unfortunately I can only fold space outside of Spear Pillar. In case you haven’t noticed, were not in your overworld. As such there’s no space to shape to my will except the small area you see here. And bending space here will do us no good. The only option would be to hop back into another dimension before bending space. And the distortion realm is rather too... distorted for me to be meddling with space there. Plus Giratina won’t like it.”

“You don’t know the place as well as I do. You folding space there could mean catastrophe back in the over world.” Said Giratina. “Now, come along now. We are wasting time.” With that, Giratina steped through the portal he made. As he passed through his body began to glow and morph until he came through the other side now on his origin form.

Latios looked up from the caring of his sister as everyone prepared to move out. At this point she had cried herself to sleep in his arms, but it was time to wake her up. “Emlas... we need to go.” He said softly while shaking her. She sniffles awake looking up at him. “It’s time to go.”

“Al... alright...” she said letting go of him before slowly making her way to the portal. The rest of the Lati fallowed in tow, but keeping a distance from the rest of the group.

Just before everyone filed through the portal, the small green fairy, Celebi, approached Ro. “Huh... you look... familiar...” the fairy gave a look intense look at the human before shouting “Bye!” and taking off.
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie Minako Minako Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Charise and Rosie nearly had a heart attack when Celebi just appeared before them like that. It was unexpected, and even more so that Celebi was... familiar with Ro??

"Ro, do you... know them..?" Charise asked her psychically.

"N-no! Not at all! I-I've never seen that Pokemon before in my life, I swear!" The confused, tiny Brunette responded back.

"You sure...?" Charise asked, not really doubting her, but knowing Ro had the tendency to overlook some things, and it was entirely possible she MIGHT have met Celebi, just not remember it.

Wait, Celebi was the Time-Travel Pokemon... And also the Guardian of Illex forest in Johto (though that was if her brothers stories about that forest were to be believed), where they had been before after beating the second Johto Gym leader... It was entirely possible Celebi saw them in passing...

"P-p-positive!" Rosie reaffirmed her initial response.

"Alright then, dear," Charise gently smiled and almost chuckled at her response. She sort of wanted to thank Celebi from distracting Ro from everything because, and this was obvious from the look on the poor girls face, that it was going to drive her up the wall from where she and Celebi had met before.

Also a nice distraction from traversing through the renegade realm...

Ro and her group of her pokemon, Kaine, and Max were the last ones to enter through the portal. The Renegade realm was every bit as unsettling and unnerving as Charise thought it would be, but what was more disturbing was how topsy turvy it really was.

Gravity itself seemed to just have an odd free for all. In their regular realm, it was always pulling down... But in this world of distortion it goes in any direction depending on where one was. That was, of course, with the exception of land masses. Regardless of how chaotic this realm is, gravity always pointed towards land, which meant no one would randomly go floating off, which was a good thing.

Well... for non-fliers, anyway...

It became painfully clear why Giratina had changed forms upon entering their realm, as Maggie flew normally for a moment upon slipping through the portal, then accelerated because he was technically pushing himself down now, bumping into many things, including Charise, Max, and Ro.

His little Ralts passenger had luckily still not woken up yet, but it was clear to Ro and Charise that Magnus should just be returned, and Ro should carry Tyler. April couldn't fly now, but she at least had her talons to help her, and Kaine had legs, but all Magnus had were tiny little feet to perch with, not really suitable for walking.

"S-s-sorry!" Magnus meekly squeaked as he hung his head in shame, but agreed to return to his Pokeball after his hesitation.

Ro gave him a quick kiss on the forehead and returned him, smiling sympathetically.

"Heh... I'ma miss that kid!" Kaine sort of lamented as Magnus was now in Ro's pocket along with the rest of their family.

"Don't you worry, dear, he'll be back out as soon as we're out of this realm!" Charise reassured him, smiling.

Kaine smirked playfully at her and teased, "Dear, huh?"

She looked at him in a bit of surprise, even more taken aback when he winked at her.

"I-I call most everyone that!" Charise pouted and looked away, not appreciating being poked at.

"I know, I know! Just giving you a hard time is all!" Kaine chuckled, mostly to himself, as he waved to the Embrace Pokemon... as if to surrender to her.

Charise rolled her eyes, yet smiled at him all the same. She was beginning to give this Charizard a good character, which was extremely alarming for her considering who he was with when they met. Florina didn't raise him, there was no way she did.

So... If Florina wasn't his trainer... Who was? He never did answer Ceres when she asked before.

Unfortunately, they had bigger issues to worry about, like getting through this place in one piece... Charise couldn't help but notice some land masses were HIGHER than others... and wasn't there mention of poisonous clouds they were told NOT to breathe in...?!

Assailant Assailant
Latios Latios
Daisie Daisie
Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Last edited:
April grinned at Odin after the incident with Celebi. "Ooooh, ominous foreshadowing." She chuckled a bit and flew through the portal... only for her entire world to begin flipping around.

She screamed and began beating her wings wildly, only to end up careening over the edge and plumetting into the abyss...

April came back up to solid ground, or rather she slammed into it from below, after a few seconds, panting and crying under her breath.

"Fuck this place fuck this place fuck this place fuck this place..."

Max, for his part, did not fare far better. The moment he stepped through the portal, he practically fell onto Charise, his legs practically gave out. "Argh... I, apologize, Charise, I... the aura in this realm, it is... aura itself is distorted, I cannot... urgh..."

Arcanus entered close behind April, immediately reaching out for his precious bird amidst the chaos and distortion, but to no avail, as he was on ground and she was in the air. His eyes widened as he stepped into the new world, looking around at the confusing terrain. He shuddered a little bit.... While this place was definitely intimidating, and it sent a chill down his spine, he couldn't say he was as frightened as April was; this was far better than Shadow-infected world he called home.

He cautiously approached the edge he had seen April fly off of, looking down. "My gem..?" He called out, looking for her.

Last edited:
Alistair recalled Venin and Serenity before entering the portal. Once he entered, he felt the world was very wrong when he looked around, and stood in awe and wonder as he stared off. "Jackson would have loved to see this.... She would be all over this place." He said with a chuckle as he imagined his sister excitedly squealing and jumping around, having visited the dreaded distortion world.

"Well, I am living in the moment, so mind as well make the most of it." He said as he saw the others having a rough time adjusting as well. "I will admit, this place is kinda creepy." he said quietly.

April heard Arcanus's voice on the other side of the ground she had fallen to. After a few moments, Arcanus would see April's head poking tenderly around the edge. Her eyes were wide, and her body clearly trembling. "A-A-Arc... I-I can't move, I'm not moving, not again." Her eyes looked out into the depths of the Distortion Realm and she quickly shut them and pulled back from the edge. "N-N-not falling..."

Daisie Daisie

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back