• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Rise of Shadows (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'm actually stuck in the game right now. Everywhere I need to go is blocked off because I need surf, but I don't know where the surf HM is. In Platinum they gave you the HMs as you played but in FireRed and Sapphire it seems you got to search for every single one.

Since you liked my post, I'm assuming that means I'm ok to post the drawing. So...

IMG_1051.JPG
It's just a direct rip of IMG_1052.PNG
But even still, I'm really proud of it. It's still leagues better than anything else I've done

FireRed was my first Pokémon game. I don't remember having to search for the HMs. They're not as directly in the way as other games, but I don't think you have to really search for them.

FireRed was my first Pokémon game. I don't remember having to search for the HMs. They're not as directly in the way as other games, but I don't think you have to really search for them.
HM surf is hidden as an item (the Pokeball lying around) in the very back of the Safari zone... Yeah, you need to search for them. Or at lest know where they are in order to collect them. Future games had you run into them as you played the story. Like when you break into Team Galactic headquarters, Looker find a Pokemon laying on the floor, picks it up, tells ou it's HM fly, and straight up gives it to you.

HM surf is hidden as an item (the Pokeball lying around) in the very back of the Safari zone... Yeah, you need to search for them. Or at lest know where they are in order to collect them. Future games had you run into them as you played the story. Like when you break into Team Galactic headquarters, Looker find a Pokemon laying on the floor, picks it up, tells ou it's HM fly, and straight up gives it to you.
Huh... I don't remember having to do that. Weird. How the hell did I find that as a kid? Oh, right. I liked the Safari Zone as a kid.

Huh... I don't remember having to do that. Weird. How the hell did I find that as a kid? Oh, right. I liked the Safari Zone as a kid.
The safari zone is just one example. The rest are similar but you have to find the NPC holding the HM and then they give it to you.

It's too, it's just I don't know exactly what this is from. But that aside, you've done pretty good at it
Thanks! It's from the anime Steins;Gate. It's an absolutely AMAZING anime, I can't recommend it enough.

The safari zone is just one example. The rest are similar but you have to find the NPC holding the HM and then they give it to you.
Only HM I remember is Cut where you have to go on the S.S. Anne. That's one where I'd say it's out of the way but not really hidden.

Only HM I remember is Cut where you have to go on the S.S. Anne. That's one where I'd say it's out of the way but not really hidden.
It was out of the way but that one was the only one I remember that was provided by the story.

Huh...

I need to play FireRed again. It's still my favorite Pokémon game to date.
Mine Platinum, Emerald come second (but I played that on an emulator), and third is FireRed. I haven't played any other Pokemon games except than Ranger series and a mystery dungeon.

Mine Platinum, Emerald come second (but I played that on an emulator), and third is FireRed. I haven't played any other Pokemon games except than Ranger series and a mystery dungeon.
Which Mystery Dungeon?

And that's a crime. Sun/Moon is REALLY good and I'd still recommend checking out White/Black. Though Gen 4 and the Gen 1 remakes are still the best.

I CAN play Black and White because it's for the DS, but anything else is for 3DS.

And it was Red Rescue Team

I CAN play Black and White because it's for the DS, but anything else is for 3DS.

And it was Red Rescue Team
Play Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. Only Pokémon game to make me cry. I actually like it more than most main series games.

I actually had my eyes more set on Soul Silver. But ok then

Btw I never finish Red Rescue Team. I played it on the same emulator as Emerald but I can no long play it because the Emulator was patched so it no longer works

You know. If I bought Emerald for my Gameboy there a lot I could do with it.

You all know I have two younger brother who I say drive me crazy, right? Well because I have 3 Gameboys I do share them with them when they aren't being so annoying. And I have 2 Copies of FireRed that I allowed them to use to start a new journey (after trading off all the good Pokemon first. I have a trading cord for the Gameboys as well.)

With Emerald I could catch them Gen 3 Pokemon and do something that Sapphire can't do... Clone Pokemon.

You know. If I bought Emerald for my Gameboy there a lot I could do with it.

You all know I have two younger brother who I say drive me crazy, right? Well because I have 3 Gameboys I do share them with them when they aren't being so annoying. And I have 2 Copies of FireRed that I allowed them to use to start a new journey (after trading off all the good Pokemon first. I have a trading cord for the Gameboys as well.)

With Emerald I could catch them Gen 3 Pokemon and do something that Sapphire can't do... Clone Pokemon.
I didn't even know that was a thing.

I have Ruby for the GBA but I only got to like the sixth or seventh gym

Cloning Pokemon is rather a glitch in the game. When you beat the game you unlock the ability to travel to the battle frontier. Only one out of the seven buildings allows you to do this glitch. The Battle Tower. Basically how it works is that you take the Pokemon you are cloning and make sure it starts in you party (also give it any items to it you wish to clone as well.)

Then go to the PC and store the Pokemon in the box. Exit the PC and save the game. After that, take back out the Pokemon and go up to the first receptionist to enter a battle. She'll ask you to save the game and when you do, turn off the game halfway through the save. When you can back the Pokemon your trying to clone will be in the PC as well as your Party. I cloned many legendaries this way and even the rare item Sacred Ashes that you can only get one of for the whole game. An item that is truly over powered.

Ah, that's cool. Cheating, but cool!

Hey, so not to detail this enthralling conversation , but are you planning on posting any time soon?

I am. The post is half way done. But between keeping my brother from trying to kill each other and replying here, and with a sprinkle of chores to do after coming back home. I get busy.

Since you liked my post, I'm assuming that means I'm ok to post the drawing. So...

View attachment 335786
It's just a direct rip of View attachment 335787
But even still, I'm really proud of it. It's still leagues better than anything else I've done
Wow, that is a big improvement!
The way I got to where I am today actually is directly ripping from other images. I still do it every now and again. It's more helpful than you might think.

Wow, that is a big improvement!
The way I got to where I am today actually is directly ripping from other images. I still do it every now and again. It's more helpful than you might think.
Thanks!

I think what made this drawing so much better than the others was because I could directly rip the details. The details. Like the wrinkles and shadows, are all there for me to copy, whereas when I draw it myself, I don't have any idea how to make those or where they should go

Thanks!

I think what made this drawing so much better than the others was because I could directly rip the details. The details. Like the wrinkles and shadows, are all there for me to copy, whereas when I draw it myself, I don't have any idea how to make those or where they should go
Yep, that's always how artists have to start off! :)

There's one thing my art teacher said that I admire. "You have to learn the rules of art first before you can decide when to break them.".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back