• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Pokémon: Region of Darkness RP

Endless Thundaza

Thunderboi
Welcome to the region of Tamara! It is a beautiful mountainous region, filled with many species of Pokémon. It is also a resting spot for legendary Pokémon, including the “Original One”, Arceus. However, not all is peaceful here, as a shady group of individuals believe the world is imperfect and unbalanced, and without leaders. They call themselves “Team Yami”. Their goal is to obtain a certain number of legendary Pokémon, via Team Galactic’s old method, the “Red Chain”, and use them to create a new world, and to keep order in said new world, as well as bringing fourth “The Darkest Day”. All across the region, there are shrines dedicated to the Pokémon of interest. The southeast shrine is dedicated to the creation trio, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. The shrine to the north is dedicated to the weather trio, Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. And finally, the shrine to the Southwest is dedicated to the aura trio, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde. Finally, in the heart of Tamara, lies a lonesome shrine, dedicated to Eternatus. Whether you’re a newly fledged Pokémon Trainer, a veteran, or even a member of Team Yami, it is time to create your own path. Will you embark on a Gym Challenge? Help defeat Team Yami? Help them accomplish their goals? Or do you prefer to keep out of the fight? The choice is yours.

Map

5DE41920-6CE0-478D-B25C-979A20738448.png
(All credits go to Stardustblade!)

If you are a Gym Challenger: You will start your adventure in Pluffel Town with your first Pokémon. Professor Baobab’s lab is found in this small town, and she will give you your PokéDex and 10 PokéBalls.

If you are part of the Resurgence: You are traveling around the Tamara region, looking for clues about the legendary Pokémon, repel any Team Yami members you come across, or you are actively looking for Team Yami’s base.

If you are the notorious Team Yami: You are actively searching for Wishing Stars or stealing them, searching for the three shrines dedicated to the legendary Pokémon (Locations are not known to characters yet), or you are causing trouble throughout the region.

Have fun!

(For those interested in joining, but are not registered, please create a character sheet in Fantasy - Pokémon: Region of Darkness RP (Sign Ups, Still Open)

- Nerio (Gym Challenger) - Pluffel Town -
|| A few days ago...||
"Are you sure you want to go on this journey?"

Nerio was already packing his bag. He had everything he could need, and was ready to head out to Pluffel Town tomorrow morning. "Yeah. I want to see what the Gym Challenge takes. Especially now that I have Omny with me." He smiled at his grandmother, the Omanyte currently sitting next to him. His grandmother nodded. "Are you sure that you don't want to take a taxi to Pluffel Town then, dear? We can call one up tomorrow morning." She asked. Nerio stood up, approaching her. "I'm fine, grandma. I want to see how I can handle camping out on my own. I always have my cellphone with me, so you can call me whenever you like." He smiled at her. She sighed. "You certainly did take after your mother. Wanderlust is a powerful thing." She chuckled. Nerio turned to his pokemon, offering a small fist. "Ready for the adventure, Omny?" The Omanyte looked at Nerio, then down at one of its tentacles, and then made a small fist on its own before bumping it with Nerio's.

||Currently...||
It was early in the morning. The sound of laughter could be heard, the green bicycle flying past down the hill as it barely missed a person walking by. "Watch it!" "Sorry!" Nerio would look back, only to turn his head back up ahead. He turned on the curve, riding past the 'WELCOME TO PLUFFEL TOWN' sign that stood by the entrance. He carried his backpack full of gear on his back, the basket on the front being the seat for the passenger known as Omny the Omanyte. The pokemon was rather comfortable in the basket, even when he held onto the sides with his tentacles from time to time. The town of Pluffel was peaceful, as always. A beautiful place to live and grow up, protected by the hills and fields that surrounded it. Nerio slowly came to a halt by a shop, just as the shopkeeper was settling fruit outside on display. "Excuse me." Nerio spoke, turning to the man. "I am looking for Professor Baobab’s lab?" He asked. The man would look up and point down the road. "Oh sure thing. Follow down this road and to the left. Keep going down. You should see the large building with the glass ceiling. That's the lab." The shopkeeper said, Nerio nodding. He looked down to hear Omny muttering something, and reaching a tentacle for one of the fruits. Nerio was quick to indulge, taking out his wallet and picking out some money. "I'll buy one oran berry please." He asked, handing the money to the shopkeeper. The shopkeeper took the payment and handed him the Oran berry, to which Nerio would thank and hand it over to Omny. "Here you go buddy." He got his things away and took off again, heading straight to the professor's lab.

- Ravio (Team Yami) - Tulse City -
"Welcome back Mr. Xipilli." The woman at the counter chimed, greeting the young man in the suit. He always wore suits, the bastard. Even when going to the badlands. And every time it was a different one, too! But regardless, he was not here to show off. He was here to pick up his pokemon. "Hello! Opal has not caused you trouble I hope." He chimed, the woman waving her hand. "Not at all, she was a darling as always." Ravio smiled and removed his sunglasses as he watched his beloved pokemon return from the back of the salon. "There you are precious." The fur coat of the shiny alolan variant was radiant, smooth and pristine. The man knelt down and greeted his Ninetales, who would rub her cheek against his playfully. "Did you enjoy your day at the spa?" He asked, the Ninetales chiming in happiness. Ravio stood up and pulled his sleeve, showing a rather advanced looking watch. He pressed it against the register, which scanned it and took the payment. "Thank you for coming!" The woman at the counter smiled. "Thank you. Come on now, Opal. We have lots on the schedule." Ravio said, walking out with her. Opal followed right besides him, every step emitting elegance that was even more so of the usual pokemon. "I've had my grunts hitting the books. I even had some try and steal some books from the local libraries! Here's hoping they actually did something right, huh, Opal?" He smiled. Once they reached a clear area he had his Opal return to her pokeball, before taking out his Corviknight, Pearl. He climbed on its back rather easily. "Take us to work." With that, they were off.

Last edited:
Roxas walked with his team his carrying supplies the stronger Pokémon like meta and hax and gengar carried the heavy boxes. He was taking the supplies to a Pokémon center in Tulse city Roxas would start running the Pokémon kept walking. They could carry the stuff no problem but didn’t wanna move fast incase they dropped somthing. Roxas wouukd stop running once he seen his Pokémon way behind him he sighs as he heads towards the Pokémon center

Jake, Resurgence, Pluffel Town

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Nerio would soon hear a voice approaching him. “Ah! Are you perhaps wishing to become a Gym Challenger?” A man would approach the boy, with a Lucario holding a small box, and a Luxray pulling a cart with some kind of contraption under covers. “Glad I caught you just in the Nickit of time! You wouldn’t be going anywhere without a PokéDex.” He takes the box his Lucario was holding. “I apologize. My name is Jake, and these two are some of my Pokémon, Fenris (Lucario) and Sarabi (Luxray).”

Jake opens the door to the Pokémon Lab. “Come on in!”

The lab was large. The walls were just crammed with books, several scientists were inspecting incubating Pokémon eggs, and there was even a tree growing inside an artificial habitat. “Professor! I have brought the parcels you requested.” Jake sets the box on a nearby table.

Moments later, a young woman with long blue hair hurries down the stairs. “Yes! You brought the PokéDexes!” She finally reaches the lower level of the lab, and grabs the box from the table before finally noticing the larger item Sarabi was hauling. Her eyes grew large in excitement. “And you got the Power Spot Detector!” The bubbly leans down and starts petting the Luxray. “Aren’t you a good Luxray! You’re so strong!”
The woman continues petting and scratching Sarabi’s mane, much to the Luxray’s enjoyment, but Jake soon interrupts. “Earth to Sally Baobab!” The Professor stops and notices Nerio, bringing herself back to her feet. “Oh! We have a guest! Who might you be?”

Roxas delivered the supplies and smiled “ good job you three. Good job”
He said and returned them to their pokeball.then looks at dusk “ I feel like a change of clothes” he said and walks to the clothes store “ they have some nIce hats “
He said as he did have one yet “ what do you like dusk” he asked the Pokémon. Dusk nudges a red and whit’s hat and he smiled “
I was thinking that aswell” he said and walks to the counter and the cashier checks the price 30,000 pokecoins “ the man said and roxas pulls his debit card. He had loads of money. Traveling all regions as a kid payed off litterly. He swiped the card and puts the hat on and leaves he puelelsnout his camera and takes a pic with dusk “‘that’s a keeper” he said smiling. Next he walks to a grocery store and got Pokémon food and baby spokemon food. He lets out his baby eevee and she jumps on his shoulder “. Next he headed to a park bench and let’s out his team and let his Pokémon play. The roofer Pokémon showed vee how to battle as Roxas cooked. He would call his Pokémon after a while “ foods.ready” he said as he fills the last bowl

- Nerio (Gym Challenger) - Pluffel Town -
Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza
Nerio rode down the path. At the end of the road surrounded by trees and up the hill the lab came into sight. A building of what could be described as a chateau with modern influences, glass ceilings and a large windmill just a few feet away. "You see that?" He asked, smiling at Omny, who had just finished eating the oran berry. The trainer would ride to the front, coming to a halt a few feet away from the door and parking his bike there. "Think you can walk the rest of the way?" He asked, picking up his pokemon from the basket and setting him down. Almost immedietl Omny would look up, only to then hide inside of his shell. Nerio wondered why, until the new voice gave him the reason. "Oh!" Nerio turned, smiling. "Hello! Yeah! I'm here for the pokedex for the Gym Challenge! I am Nerio. This is Omny." He chimed in, the Omanyte hiding in his shell still. Nerio stared and gently tapped the shell with the side of his foot. "Omny. Omny will you not say hello?" The Omanyte would peek out, would stare at Luxray, and hide right back into the shell. Nerio picked him up in his arms, looking up at Jake. "He's a bit shy." He smiled, following behind Jake as they entered the lab. It was rather large, and even then a bit cramped with how much stuff there was inside. He remained quiet, eyes darting around the lab to look at everything from the tree to the eggs; too many things for such little time! Much like the professor, Nerio was off in his own world of thought before he was spoken too, snapping him out of it. "O-Oh! Hi. I'm Nerio, and this is Omny." He said, still holding the hiding Omanyte in his arms. "We are planning on taking on the Gym Challenge, and were told we should come here to pick up the Pokedex before we start challenging the Gyms." Omny would peek out again. Omanyte usually hid under the sand along with their shell, but with no sand nearby, Nerio was the security it fell back too. However, should anyone try and pet the Omanyte at the moment even if it was just the shell, they would find that Omny was not a fan and would indeed use one of his tentacles to slap them away before hiding again.

- Ravio (Team Yami) - Team Yami Base -
The ride to the base was always a pain in the ass, in a way. By the time one reached there Ravio always needed to spend at least a few minutes brushing off the dust, dirt and anything else that had accumulated on him along the ride. But he digressed. Once he got there, he got his pokemon back into their pokeballs and would be greeted by Team Yami members. He waved them off just as eagerly, heading straight to the room where his underlings would be working in. It was a big open research space, full of computers, tables, bookcases, and screens. Mismatched books of various conditions were neatly piled on tables, members reading and taking notes as they did. Others would be working on the computers, researching online documents as they had a cup of coffee long gone cold by the desks. Ravio smiled as he entered. "I see you all have been working hard!" He called out, eyes landing on him with a slight bit of dismay, but not much. They were all just too tired. Ravio removed his sunglasses, the bright red irises scanning the room. "Well then, have you guys found anything interesting? Or are you going to disappoint me again?"

{Sasha Pine: Team Yami; Team Yami Base}
Sasha Pine studied the newest test results from her experiments with having her Eevee Mesa interact with a Moon Stone. She had attempted to manipulate the conditions of the interactions to see if there was any reaction. Sadly, there was nothing conclusive in this batch of tests. However...
"Test 47J shows a slight fluctuation in readings during full moon." She said into a digital recorder. "Note to re-attempt this experiment, but increasing the test subjects elevation."
Shutting off the recorder and putting it in a lab coat pocket, Sasha sat back and sighed. This was likely the last bit of free time she would have for this project for sometime, what with Team Yami's plans ramping up. It annoyed her to be pulled away from her own projects, but one had to pay the bills, hadn't one? She reached over and scratched the neck of Mesa, who slept in a little trey marked "In".
"Wake up, little one." Sasha purred. "Don't worry, we are done with tests. You did great."
Mesa woke up and yawned. After a stretch, the shiny eevee jumped out of her inbox and into her trainer's arms.
"Good girl." Sasha said as she petted her pokemon.
Sounds from outsider her personal lab indicated someone had come into the main lab area. Was it someone useful or another hindrance?
"Ah, Ravio." She murmured as she looked out her door.
He was more in the latter category than the former.
"Perhaps if you were faster in procuring artifacts, we would have something." Sasha said to Ravio as she stepped out of her lab, still stroking Mesa. "We need data if we're gonna to get anywhere, boyo."

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Bora walked through Traverse City. His Hood was up and a bandanna was wrapped around his face to hide his identity. He was bored out of his mind and he hated that. Almost as much as he did Ravio... but that wasn't here or there. He quietly eyed the people seeing a good crowd ahead. He stepped into the middle of them and in a flash his watch began to slink off his arm and reach into peoples pockets for his watch was not a watch but his ditto. This was training. He couldn't let his team lose the skill they grew up with, nay. He’d rather sharpen those skills even while under the employ of Team Yami. Though, one thing did catch his eyes as he moved to cross the street with the crowd. It was a jewelry shop ahead, specifically what was ine the shop, a necklace with an ice stone as its base.

“Doc might appreciate that... hmmm” he would ponder how he could take it. Then his eyes drifted to ditto and he grew a sly grin. “Ey ditto... Tauros in a china shop?”

“ditto” the pokemon responded rather cheerfully.

“glad you like the idea” he replied as he stepped in pulling down his mask and hood to lower the worker's guard. “Afternoon! Sorry to bother you but I was curious to see that ice stone necklace there.“

the worker skimmed up and down Bora. “Of course sir” they said skeptically, before pulling out the necklace and going into detail on the explanation of it. Bora simply proceeded To hold the conversation while outside there were concerned car horns blowing. The worker has no intention of letting Bora touch the necklace but that wouldn't matter in a moment as a full grown Tauros charged through the front window. Havoc immediately ensued as the bull thrashed and slammed around the room drawing the fear out of the worker while Bora simply picked up the necklace (and a few other trinkets). And bolted in a fake panic. After getting down the street and into an alley way he would put his hood back up and the bandanna before looking at the spoils of war.

the necklace shone so brightly in the summer sun, pity he did all this ‘For the sake of science’, buuuut that why he grabbed a few other priceless Works of crystalline art. "Doc better enjoy this." he grumbled as the Tauros charged into the ally way and the slammed into him, yet when it did it turned to pink goo that coalesced upon his arm. Twas ditto of course. "Good work bud.. now its time we leave" he said before calling forth Crobat having it latch onto his back, and the three of them would fly off towards the Team Yami base.

Roxas placed the food infront of him as he. Sat down watching the Pokémon eat. He would need to remember to feed Houdini ( alakazam) he lifted vee onto the table and would feed her with one hand and eat with the other. After he was finished vee did shortly after. He then sat in the ground and would brush vee. He quickly noticed the line his Pokémon had made. He laughs and brushed vees tail later that he would do dusk “ I’m really proud of you lot we won the sinnoh unova kalos Pokémon league. I really couldn’t ask for a better team he said and his Pokémon all smil d he’s then tackled by gengar “
Ok ok I love you too girl “ he said as ahe returns to its place in line. Roxas smiled “
But for real I’m proud of you all”he’s say and went back to brushing. 30 min later he packed and got everything out away back into his bag. “
Alright I kinda wish we could run into a team
Yami member. I need a battle “ he said and his team all agreed as they walked back to the Pokémon center

Last edited:
- Ravio (Team Yami) - Team Yami Base -
Ravio kept his smile on his face, turning at the scientist. "Oh that is a wonderful idea!" He chimed, though the sarcasm spilled from his lips like venom. His own Ninetales, Opal, stepped around him. She stood by his side, standing as she watched the interaction, eyes landing on the other pokemon. "My, I wonder what we could possibly be doing here!" He said, gesturing to the grunts that had been studying up on the books and incoming information. In truth, Ravio was just not the history type. It bored him, truthfully, so he was not the person you would like to count on in regards to researching. But he was good at one thing; being rich. "Well you should find yourself lucky, Sasha. I came to pick up some of you scragglers to help me with something." He smirked, lifting his suitcase and waving it at her face before approaching the nearest table. He used his hand to push away some books before setting the suitcase down. "Most artifacts from the shrines are behind the wall of museums. Limiting our resources to what we can get our hands on. Luckily, however, some private collectors are more than happy to let go of some of their things for the right stock!" He smirked. He snapped the suitcase open, showing a piece of something inside. It seemed to be a piece of rock. On it, however, was a carved drawing of a pokemon. Upon closer inspection, one could determine that it was a carved drawing of Kyogre. But it seemed incomplete. Like the piece was merely a part of a bigger set. A piece of a puzzle. "The guy had bought it off in an auction. He had no other pieces...I made sure of that." He said almost dismissively, looking annoyed at that part. "Well, miss Pine? Anything that brain of yours can tell me about this?" He asked.
RikuXIII RikuXIII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back