[Pokemon Prismatic]Tempo Town (Starting Town)

DemonKitten

Handler of Souls, Destroyer of Hearts

Tempo Town Description

Some of you have lived here all your lives, others this is your first steps on this land, but you all have one thing in common. You are becoming something more starting today and now you are ready to take your first step.

"Welcome to Tempo Town," Professor Willow greets you as you come into her lab. She has a map to provide you and some of you are receiving your first pokemon. She tells you about the land of Aisu and all the pokemon you will see. "This your story and it starts now," she informs you before shooing you on your way. "Don't tip toe around now," she advices you as she disappears into her lab again.

Now what do you do?

Here is spoilers containing tutorials recommended to read at this point:

*Remember try to read this when ya need it, don't try to figure it all out at once.

Hello trainers! It is me again, the one and only Demonkitten (I am female contrary to popular belief).

Here I am today to explain battling. Sadly, this might take a little math on your part so be prepared to punch numbers in a calculator. Don't fret, though, I will make it so simple that you will think you are a math wiz by the time you are done.

Ready? Let's Go!

First we determine who goes first. In a wild battle you will always go first. In a player battle, you will need to determine who has the highest speed. If you have been keeping up with your stats, this should not be hard.

In a Trainer Battle against another Roleplayer, you should probably post your leading pokemon's stats out of courtesy.

Dissecting Moves

You will have to look up, online, the moves of your pokemon. So this a bit of an explanation of info on a move.

Name

Description

Type

Move Type

Power

Accuracy

Name - Self Explanatory

Description - Describes what the move will look like in battle and any additional effects of the move

Type - The type as in, Water-type, Fire-type, Grass-type, etc.

Move Type - Here is wgere you might get diffused. Move Type basically tells you whether Attack/Sp.Attack is in the damage calculation. So does x move's damage dependent on Attack or Sp.Atfack? Their is 3 posdible types: Physical(that means the move is dependent on Attack), Special(that means the move is dependent on Sp.Attack), Status(Is just a status move).

Power- The amount of damage the move does by default, disregarding Attacks stats and what not.

Accuracy - How accurate.

NPC Trainer(Not Controlled By GM) Attacking

Now if your opponent is attacking, you must first roll a single 100 sided dice for accuracy. For example, if your opponent's Eevee uses a move with 80 percent accuracy that means that anything above 20 will be a hit. If you get a number below your accuracy percentage then that means your opponent missed!

When You Attack!

It is about the same, roll die to see if your move hit. Yeah, your going to have to keep track of your move accuracies

If course, you don't have to roll if it is 100% accuracy move ^^ And most beginning Pokemon moves have 100%!

Special Speed Case for Pokemon with 100+ Speed

Speed- If a pokemon's speed is above 100, they can roll a 20 sided dice for evasion of a move. every odd number is a hit, every even is a evade.

To find out accuracy of moves etc, you can search online(don't we worry we display NPC stats for ya ). Though I recommend that you keep your stats info on your character profile under that pokemon with the move (for easy reference).

Support Moves, Special Case!

Some moves have a -% for accuracy, those don't need to be rolled for.

When attacking, we will use this calculator (if you find errors with this calculator please inform me at once so I may change it) Psypoke Tools :: Damage Calculator. If a move is a special move then the other pokemon will defend with special defense and etc.

Stat Modifying

Some moves or items increase or lower a stat. Try to keep track.

To Sum it all up:

100 sided dice for Accuracy

Fastest pokemon goes first in PvNPC

Above 100 speed can roll to avoid being hit

Smogon Damage Calculator. Calculator there

Tutorial Thread

In this roleplay, your character does not level up, but your pokemon do. To reach certain areas, you must battle or use other means to be able to reach where you want to go. I have a few ways that you may level up your pokemon that don't always include battles.

• *As always, don't read this all. Just read sections you need when needed.

EXP, super simple. Below is a list of how much EXP is needed for a Pokemon to level up. Then below that is a list that shows how much EXP is given by certain Pokemon.

*Note, EXP received from a previous levels is not added to needed for new amount. Example: If Lotad is Level 2 it needs 30 more EXP to level up.

Lv. - EXP needed to Lv. up

1 - +10

2- +30

3 - +40

5 - +60

6 - +70

7 - +80

8 - +90

9 - +100

10 - +110

Lv. - Exp given when defeated

1 - +3

2 - +6

3 - +9

4 - +12

5 - +15

6 - +18

7 - +21

8 - +24

9 - +27

10-30

Where This Town Leads To: Route 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Crystal Thawne

Howling Cafe Lab Pokemon Center/Mart

Up, Down, Up, Down. The yoyo in Crystal's hands rhythmically dropped down and springed back up into her hands. She was standing right outside the howling cafe, carrying Bubbles in one hand while yoyo-ing with the other. The plate she left behind in the cafe was cleaned empty of the delicious sandwich that was present twenty minutes ago. She sighed as she thought of what to do next. Tempo Town was a great place to be in, but... I really wanna go see new stuff, she whined in her head. Seeing the same thing for one year straight was too much for her. Ever since she was liberated from the orphanage and separated from her friends, she had been here in Tempo Town. Though with Bubbles by her side, it hadn't been as lonely as she thought it would be.

"Piplup," Bubbles said, looking at her. Crystal stared at Bubbles as Bubbles stared at Crystal. It was like the first day they met each other; they were assessing each other. Bubbles jumped off of her arms and landed on the ground, leaving Crystal looking puzzled and confused. "What is it?" Crystal asked. Bubbles answered with, "Pip-pip-piplup!" before running off in the of the lab, knowing that Crystal would follow her. Crystal pocketed her yoyo and followed her pokemon friend through the town as familiar faces greeted her. She didn't know everybody, but she was familiar enough with their faces to say hi to them.

Soon, they arrived at the lab. Bubbles stopped in front of the doors of the lab and turned around to look at Crystal. The 12-year old girl was slightly panting and blew her blue bangs out of her eyes and said,
"The lab? What are we-Oh!" The look of realization flashed on her face when she looked at Bubbles. "You want something from Professor Willow?" A nod. "Well... what is it?" A stare. "A new pokeball?" A shake of the head. "Uh.. new food to test out?" An incredulous stare. "Right, no. Um~~ Do you... Want to go exploring?" Maybe instead of trying to hold back on communicating with Bubbles with telepathy, she should try it... But she didn't want to... It's been a year. Maybe it was time to move on. At her last guess, she was expecting another negative response but instead, Bubbles jumped to her arms. Crystal caught her and looked at Bubbles. Looks like they were both thinking that it was time to get out of this town. She entered the lab.

~*Time skip after all the explanations and stuff on adventuring*~

Not even half an hour later, an excited and happy Crystal burst out of the lab with Bubbles nowhere to be seen and ran to her apartment. She was packing her bag as soon as she closed the door behind her. She didn't need much. All she needed was money, Bubbles, her yoyo, some pokeballs, and the X-transceiver and Pokedex that Professor Willow gave her. Well, that would do for now. Oh, and some clothes. When she was done packing, she reached inside her pocket she made in her sweater and pulled a pokeball out. It was Bubbles' pokeball. With a click, the ball enlarged and Bubbles came out in a burst of red light.
"Let's get going, but we need to stop by the pokemart first," she said to Bubbles. "It's to pick up some potions. In case you get hurt," Cyrstal said at seeing Bubbles' impatience. Bubbles reluctantly gave in, and they made their way to the mart inside the pokemon center.

A tall thin man carrying a large wooden crate stumbled on their way into the Howling Cafe. He wore a red polo with the Logo of some delivery company on it. The man plopped the box down on to the ground, and took a few deep breathes as sweat rolled down his face. He was obviously exhausted, the box must have been heavy. He pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket to examine it. The words he was reading was, 'After you bring the 'Package' to Tempo Town, drop off the crate in the Howling Cafe. Be sure not to open it.' "Who the heck needs to deliver something to this town?" The man muttered under his breath. He gave an annoyed look to anyone watching this event and sighed.

Picture+1.png

The delivery man shrugged and left the crate on the ground, exiting the Cafe the the town. There were words spray painted on top of the box, the words read, 'HANDLE WITH EXTREME CARE' The box was only three feet in height and width, and it was securely sealed with some type of Extra Sticky Tape.

"Tch. Stupid machine." Ray complained as a 'Game Over' flashed again and again on the screen. Ray stretched his arms out and let out a huge yawn. His thoughts wandered back to past events.

As a kid, all that Ray wanted was to become a trainer like his siblings. Both left on their journey when Ray was still young. He was the right age now, and all he needed was a pokedex. Despite living in a Pokemon lab, Zaffre Lab's focus was to serve as a conservatory rather than to help out aspiring trainers. Luckily for Ray, his dad knew the professor in Tempo Town. Ray's recollection was interrupted by a sound coming from his side.

"Squirtle-squirt." Ray looked to see an annoyed expression was painted on his partner's face. His tiny arms were crossed as if it was saying that it had been long past time they left.

All Ray needed was a pokedex. He didn't need a starter pokemon. He already had one. Ray almost grew up with this water turtle he so affectionately named 'Duke'. Duke was one of the pokemons that his parents saved. Duke was also Ray's friend and the two really got along well despite how they look.

"Alright, alright. I swear Duke, you're always so uptight." he told his Squirtle. "We'll just get something to eat, then we'll skip this town."

Quickly enough, Ray stood up and left the arcade with his trusty partner following closely behind him.

Tempo Town was busier than it seemed. It was like a melting pot of culture with all the people from different places that were gathered here. Some were veteran adventurers. Some were like him, just starting out.

After a few moments of walking, the duo finally arrived at Howling Cafe.

"Gah! This place is full." Ray said as he got a view of the inside. Almost all the tables were taken... except for one. Ray quickly took this chance and rushed over to the vacant table. Duke just quietly followed, unimpressed.

Just as both were seated, a waitress finally accomodated them. She took their order and left.

The two of them then witnessed something peculiar. A delivery man dropped a huge crate just inside of the cafe. Everyone else just minded their own business. Ray was quite the curious kid though. He approached the crate and read the words on it. "Handle with extreme care..." he said. He gently knocked on it three times before slowly peeling off the tape.

@InsaneAsylum

Aiko Sukoshi

The crate seemed to shiver slightly at the three knocks, and as soon as enough of the tape was peeled off, the lid flew into the air! A girl of 5'10 with two long curly brown pigtails abruptly emerged from the crate. "Hello!" she yelled out, looking for the one who opened her crate. The lid landed on the ground near the fella who had made the mistake of opening the crate. Aiko spotted the boy. "My name's Aiko! What's yours?" The girl asked, leaning towards Ray. Aiko wore a very frilly black and purple outfit. It was amazing she could fit into the crate, it looked impossible! She looked as if she was some kind of rich girl. Well, a rich girl that gets from place to place by crate. Aiko's bag still laid in the crate. The bag matched her dress as if they were meant to be together. Aiko smiled with pearly white teeth, waiting for a response. She didn't seem to realize what kind of situation she was in.

Where the heck am I this time? It has a nice feel to it already though!

Wait, I should be in Temper... Tempa... Tinker Town! Yes, I'm in Tinker Town this time I think!

Ooh, is this place a restaurant? I haven't eaten in quite awhile!

Wasn't I supposed to find some kind of science place? Yes, a lab!

Wait, I need to talk to the fella who opened the crate for me!

Oh gosh I'm hungry...

LFQL4UD.png

Ray Zaffre

Caught off guard, Ray was utterly surprised as the lid of the crate flew and landed beside him.

What came next was a beautiful girl that came out of the crate. She looked really captivating and Ray was immediately mesmerized and could almost blush as the girl inched towards his face while saying introducing herself.

"I-I'm Ray." his amazement was abruptly interrupted by his sudden realization. "Wait, Why are you in a crate?!" an expression of comical disbelief was painted all over Ray's face.

"Is this girl dense or something?" Ray thought to himself and regained his composure. There was a deadpan silence as the other people in the cafe started to stare.

"Tch. Before anything else, you should get out of the crate." Ray offered to give her a hand and help her out of the said object. "I'm getting something to eat. You're welcome to join me if you want."

@InsaneAsylum

Aiko Sukoshi

"Really?" Aiko said without hesitation. "I'd love to!" She lightly grasped his hand and hopped out of the crate. She took a moment to get a grip on her surroundings. There were more people around than she thought, and she suddenly found herself a little conscious once she realized they were staring at her.

Aiko shook her head and turned back to Ray. "So Ray, is this Temper Town?" She asked as she bounced over to the only open table, which was the one Ray had sat in before. What kind of food do they have here?" Aiko started fiddling with her hair, suddenly lost in thought. "Who's that little Pokemon you have with you?" Aiko asked, not waiting for any of her other questions to be answered. She sat down, sitting very properly, her back straight and head up.

I need to remember why I sent myself here, don't get distracted...

LFQL4UD.png

Ray Zaffre

As Ray and Aiko got back to the table, Ray felt like he was gonna have a headache. This one's cute and all but minus points for being an airhead.

Duke just sat there, watchful of their new table-mate. It had its usual poker face that didn't help him look friendlier despite the teal scarf it had on. You can even say that Duke was skeptical about Aiko.

Ray let out a huge sigh before deciding to reply. "First of all, it's Tempo Town. And yep, you're in the right place." he told Aiko. "This is Howling Cafe, to be specific. They serve all kinds of sandwiches and burgers. They also serve salads, if you're into that kind of thing. I personally like their coffee." he added.

Just as Ray finished talking, the waitress arrived with Ray and Duke's food. A large burger and a bowl of salad with a cup of coffee for Ray, Pokemon treats for Duke.

"Ah, perfect timing." said Ray. Ray gently pushed the salad bowl, offering it to Aiko. "Here, you can have this."

Just as Ray was about to start eating, he remembered to answer Aiko's last question. "Oh yeah, this here's my bestfriend Duke." he said as he pointed to his buddy.

Duke's expression didn't change. He was still skeptical about this girl as he slowly and quietly ate his treats.

"Just ignore him. He's always like that to new people." said Ray after swallowing the bite he took out of his burger. He momentarily paused from eating. "So... what's your deal? What brings you to Tempo? I assume your here to become a trainer?" he added.

@InsaneAsylum

Aiko Sukoshi

"Oh, thank you!" Aiko said, accepting the salad bowl. "And yes! I'm here to become a trainer and get a Pokemon friend from Professor Willow." Aiko confirmed.

She grabbed the closest clean fork and dug in, eating with the best manners she could maintain. Her etiquette was a bit rusty since she was last at home. Gosh, that was a long time ago. Hopefully she had made the right decision. "Are you a trainer? You have a Pokemon. Do you have more?" Aiko asked, putting her eating utensil down and fiddling with her hair for a moment. The purple accessory in her hair wasn't on quite right, She then proceeded to make whatever other small adjustments to her clothing that were necessary. Her purple and black Dress looked quite complicated, and very expensive. Maybe this fellow can help me out, since I don't really know what I'm doing... I don't even know what my real goal is. What do trainers even do? They battle, I know that, but what's the end goal? This salad is actually really good!

She then picked her fork back up and returned to eating, only to get distracted by Ray's Squirtle. She stared at the water Pokemon, just staring blankly. What kind of Pokemon is that anyway? I guess I haven't really seen to many...

LFQL4UD.png

Ray Zaffre

"I see."
Ray thought to himself after hearing her answer.

Ray continued eating at a slower pace, being careful not to talk with his mouth full. "Not officially." he said. "I still need to get my pokedex from Professor Willow before I can officially become one." he added as he looked at Duke. "Right now, it's just the two of us. Duke was an injured Squirtle that we took care of back home."

Ray noticed how Aiko fiddled around with her hair and clothes. Taking a closer look, Aiko looked like the rich type. She was peculiar and intriguing to say the least. Ray was able to finish his burger and was moving on to his coffee when he noticed a staring contest had already started between Duke and Aiko. He looked at Duke, then at Aiko, then at Duke again. Ray just rolled his eyes.

Duke's eyes narrowed down on Aiko as if to communicate its skepticism and to tell her that he was watching her.

Ray let out another deep sigh before he started to drink his coffee. "As soon as we're finished here, I'll take you to Professor Willow's lab so we can go our own way." Ray was starting to have enough of their antics.

@InsaneAsylum

Tempo Town

austie-bost-dreamboat.regular.png

?

"Professor Willow?"
Came a mallifluous voice from the laboratories entrance, and over the threshold stepped a dainty brunette,
9be4298610b0776dd742444cd5e2e5af.jpg
sporting soft fabrics, pastel shades and her father's polite smile. "Hi, my name's Rae, and I'm here to-"

"Oh, yes, yes, I'm aware," the professor responded, ushering the young woman inside and over to a table that, from what Rae knew, should have had three pokeballs on the surface, but it was polished and void of occupancy. "Your father filled me in earlier. How was your flight here?" She asked, and started sifting through cabinets and drawers knowingly.

That was usually the response adults gave Rae, that her father covered most of the conversation before she arrived. While most around her age would find the lack of independence insulting, she was appreciative her dad took care of potential situations for her, he was always there and she was obviously dependent on that truth.
"A little lonely, I've never been on a plane by myself." She hopped up on the table, waiting a bit expectantly for the supplies to come and swinging her long legs back and forth. "Did he mention anything else?"

"That he loves you, and will send one his pokemon over if you want the comfort," She chuckled, finding the notion sweet, but unnecessary, though she expected as much from most parents. Perhaps not one of the most fearsome gym leaders out there, but apparently there was a person behind those titles!

"What? Oh, Arceus, imagine be heading up to some unsuspecting kid and tossing out a charizard," Rae laughed to herself, a sound rather childish for her age. She combed her fingers through her hair, pulling the honey colored locks up into a ponytail and snapping a band around the style. "Me and Lottie can handle a couple caterpie, I'm sure."

"That's not all Aisu has to offer, who knows? You could run into an Ursaring," Called another scientist, an assumed assisted who introduced himself politely, and then handed the brunette a jet black pokedex, complete with a pair of batteries and a screen cover. "Your father took the liberty of hand picking the color, he reserved this week's ago, latest model from Sinnoh. But... He sent a rather worn jacket for the device, said it'd suit your Dex better than any other cover."

He handed over a weathered Dex sleeve, it was a little thin, and scuffed around the corners and power button, but as soon as the brunette saw it she was grinning wide enough to expose both of her inherited dimples.
"This was his, back when he was traveling," She answered proudly, "Gotta be some kind of good luck, don't you think?"

"Who needs luck when you're the gym leaders kid?" He asked rhetorically, but offered a crooked smile when the brunette just rolled her eyes at him. "Maybe. But you'll need to rely on your pokemon more than luck, sweetheart."

"Oh, speaking of pokemon, can I see your eevee?" Willow asked, finally pulling away from where she'd been, with a camera in hand. "Also, smile!"

Rae hardly had a moment to compose herself before she had her picture taken, and following that was a round of clicking, before a machines sounded off not too far from her, and the male scientist from before handed her an official trainers licence. She admired it for a moment, though furrowed her brows at the poorly timed snap shot, and then clicked the pokeball at her waist, releasing eevee from captivity.
"Say hi, Lottie."

'Vee!' She barked, and Willow took an immediate interest, reaching for the fox and settling her on the table gently. The animal wasn't phased by the handling, she was actually quite used to being appraised considering she was the only female in Umbreon's litter of five.
f37bcbb07405fddaf04ed7205e5383e3.jpg
The woman gently observed each paw, the perk of the kits ears, and how cold her nose was, all the while careful not to invade its personal space too much.

"Definitely a pure bred," Willow remarked, and in exchange for the sudden check up, gave the fluffball a little treat. Lottie was soaking up the attention as always, batting her eyes and grooming herself in a posh manner. "You make sure to keep her close, Rae. A lot of people would like to get their hands on her."

"Noted," the brunette chimed back, and after an array of thank you's and heeded advice from the professionals, she was checking out of the laboratory, with promises to keep in touch and stop by again sometime.

Rae stepped back out into Tempo's atmosphere after scooping up Lottie before her paws touched the dirt, inhaling a deep breath of fresh air, to which the little fox imitated. They were both intending to wing it completely, unsure of whether they'd trek to the next town, if they'd prefer to travel during the day or nighttime, unwilling to carry much so they obviously wouldn't be camping out anywhere."I guess we'll just start walking then? I mean, dad'll call any second, probably to say we should get going before sundown. Thank Arceus this thing has a GPS," She adjusted the little one in her hold, taking aimless steps away from the laboratory, her topaz-brown eyes trained on the multicolored transceiver screen as she updated her ringtone.

?

I wanna taste love and pain

I wanna feel pride and shame

I don't wanna take my time

I don't wanna waste one line

I wanna live better days

Never look back and say

It could have been me!

?

Crystal Thawne
Pokemon Center Neighborhood

The doors hissed open when she neared the PokeCenter, the cold and crisp air of the center swooshing past her face and to the outside. No matter how many times she saw the automatic doors, she was always amazed and fascinated by them. It was as if it was magic. Actually, technology in general was like magic. She simply didn't understand how they something so cool could possibly work without magic. Right? With a slight smile that always appeared on Crystal's childish face at the sight of the automatic doors, she walked into the establishment with a slight hop to her step. It turns out that Bubbles liked the place after finding out that it was a place where Crystal bought food and heal her when she was hurt by wild pokemon.

Crystal walked with Piplup to the PokeMart on the right side of the PokeCenter. They already had some Pokeballs, so all they needed now were some potions. The young girl, while she was worried for Bubbles' safety, could really only afford three potions with the money she was given for supplies. Only a couple of seconds later, Crystal made her decision to buy the potions with what little she could afford right then.

Potions bought and supplies packed, she was all ready to go. All she needed to do was check back in with Professor Willow before she went on her journey. She looked down at her pink and black X-transceiver snugly wrapped around her left wrist. Her X-transceiver had a few features she knew, one of them being that she could call people. Crystal thought it was just utterly amazing how people could make this kind of stuff. She didn't even know how it worked, let alone how to built it. With a couple of taps, Professor Willow was on the line.

Call to Professor Willow

2759d11b8220c228c6c1c7711c46aaea1697676.jpg
"Ah, Crystal!" Professor Willow greeted her genially. "I'm assuming that you're all ready to go?"

"Yep. We have our potions, so we'll be on our way now," she said with a sad smile. "And thanks for everything," Crystal added. Although they weren't exactly close, Professor Willow was the one who ran tests on her to see if her telepathy was stable enough and how to somewhat control it. AND she gave Crystal Bubbles. Bubbles was her best friend, and she was thankful to the professor for introducing them.

"Yes well, there's a map programmed into your X-Transceiver which also has navigation. Something that will help you find your way to places. Also, don't forget to be careful and try to keep your talents hidden. There are bad people out there," the professor warned with a worried voice.

"I know, I know," Crystal said, "I'll be careful and keep in touch. Thanks for the um... the navi-whatever that is. It'll be helpful."

"Yes, of course. Ok... well, have fun," the woman said with a giggle.

Crystal ended the call and looked at Bubbles. "You want to walk?" For the first time in a year, Crystal opened up her telepathic connection and heard Bubbles' voice Of course! "Piplup!" Bubbles said energetically and made a pose that was supposed to make her look stronger. All it did was make Crystal laugh, to which Bubbles looked pleased for some reason. The two friends, girl and pokemon, made their way to the exit of Tempo Town and the beginning of Route 1. As they were walking, they saw a woman walking around aimlessly while doing something on her transceiver. That piqued Crystal's curiosity because she had the X-transceiver and because it looked cool. The woman didn't look all that bad or suspicious. In fact, she looked very pretty and was even walking like a pretty lady. Although she herself was hesitant about asking this beautiful young woman about her X-transceiver, Bubbles was apparently not so afraid to introduce herself to the Evee walking besides the pretty lady.

By the time Crystal noticed, it was already too late to stop Bubbles because she ran up to the Evee and started off their conversation with a
"Piplup! Pipluuuuuup~!" while making happy expressions. Well by that time, Crystal looked a bit disgruntled that Bubbles did that without telling her. All she did was sigh in exasperation and walk to where Bubbles was all the while sending apologetic looks to the pretty lady.

@Raerae

Three Days ago

"Julie! I got a present for you from grandma!" Julie's mother yelled from downstairs. Julie looked up form her book "Pokemon from the mountains," Her favorite book due to having some of her favorite pokemon. There was Rhydon, and Glalie, and so much more! Oh, how she craved to be the best she can be!

"Julie!"

"I'm coming, Mom" She threw off her blanket and put on her Mary Jane shoes, then her slim framed glasses. Her grandma was from the Sinnoh region, so Julie would always get gifts that were exclusive from that region. She had one shelf full of plushies of Pokemon, Contest coordinator souvenirs, and even photographs of Pokemon in their natural habitats. She made it to the first step of the stairs, and gazed at her mother, who was holding a small item in her hand. Julie could not distinguish what was in it.

"Mom, I got a lot of stuff, and I think Grams knows i would rather see the Pokemon than have pictures.

"Then you would love this gift." Her mother presented her hand, and in it, to Julie's amazement, was a Pokeball. Julie adjusted her glasses and gasped audibly. Inside it was a pokemon! A companion that will be by her side, and help her accomplish her goal! She immediately took it and marveled at the shiny red ball. She then threw it at the living room. The Ball opened and out revealed, a tiny Chimchar. She gasped as he yawned and then glanced around.

"Chim? Chimchar?" He casted a glance at Julie and then stared at her in awe. Julie smiled then inched to the fire pokemon.

"Oh my gosh! Mom."

Her mother smiled. "His name is Bruce. Grandma gave you a note along with him." She gave Julie a piece of paper and looked at the small Chimchar. Julie grabbed it and read the contents.

My Dear Granddaughter,

I knew when you turned ten you wanted to become a Trainer like I was in the good old days, but when your mother sent me a telegram saying you were teased out of your dream. I made sure that when you are ready, I would give you a special pokemon of mine. Bruce is the offspring of the Infernape your Grandpa had, and he was the only offspring. I hope Bruce will help you achieve your dreams, and dont let anyone let you down or discourage you, because I know, you have the same fiery passion as your grandfather.

I Love you so much

Grandma!

PS: He inherited his fathers sassiness, so he is a character.

Present Day:

Julie read her Grandmother's note as she packed up her bag, her new pokemon staring at her.

"I'm going to catch great pokemon, then become an ace trainer, and you will help me out in it, Bruce" Julie happily exclaimed. Bruce sneered at her then huffed.

"Char" he said. Julie sighed.

"Bruce, we gotta work together, we are a team. Please."

The Chimchar looked at Julie and made a face in disgust. "Chimchar char char Chim char" He said as he walked towards the door. Julie bowed her head and followed the pokemon. Her mom watched as Julie took her pokeball out and just muttered "Return" When the pokemon disappeared in his ball. Julie went up to her mother and embraced her.

"I'll miss you, mommy"

Her mother smiled and stroked her daughter's hair. "I'll miss you more. I know you can be the best you can be!"

Julie's eyes started to water and held her mother tighter. She may be nervous, but her new adventure has begun.

Tempo Town

?

"Oh, don't even worry about it, Eevee could use a friend,"
Rae told the female and offered an amiable smile, though her fingers never quit tapping against the screen. Although people agitated her quite easily, kids specifically, she had all the patience in the world for pokemon, even bold little piplups desiring social interaction with a stranger. Rarely did they mean any harm, and if the little fox wasn't upset with the sudden acknowledgement, the brunette knew she had nothing to worry about.
9be4298610b0776dd742444cd5e2e5af.jpg
"I'm Rae. That's R-A-E. I'm assuming you're one of Professor Willow's latest licensed trainers? And this is your little companion?"

The brunette finally soothed her father's worries through text, for now, and peered up from her screen to really get a good look at the girl before her. Their difference in age was obvious, as was their height, style preference and distinctive hair color. She'd have observed more, but in fear of the stare becoming awkward she averted her gaze, instead absorbing the interaction between both pokemon which, honestly, was almost entirely one sided. "Lottie, don't be posh, say hi."

'Vee...' She seemed not quite as interested in piplup, instead cleaning her neck and licking along her beige fur in a grooming manner. Though the little fox did try to acknowledge the penguin as politely as possible, it's eccentric attitude just wasn't meshing well with her own unique disposition. Eevee also had a personal bubble, much like Rae herself, and gently pressed her little paw to the blue birds beak when proximity was difficult to bear.
f37bcbb07405fddaf04ed7205e5383e3.jpg
"I'm sorry, she's a sheltered animal, doesn't have a lot of experience socializing." Rae tried to cover for the little fox, and then shifted her attention back to the young individual before her. There was a chance to make conversation here, but despite her respectful upbringing, Rae wasn't any better at socializing than her own companion, and seemed to stare off and emit a loud silence before finally asking, "Are you from around Aisu? I came here by plane, just got off yesterday, actually. I think it's beautiful thus far, but I have to rely on my GPS for specifics, especially if I want to head to the next town over. Is that where you're headin', by chance?"

?

@DreamBeat

Crystal Thawne
With Rae in Tempo Town

"I guess you could say that... And yep, this is Bubbles. She's my best friend,"
Crystal said with a smile. "Oh, and my name's Crystal. Rae's kind of a weird name, but it sounds pretty,"

she spoke her thoughts out loud. Crystal looked at the pretty lady who glanced up from from her X-transceiver to take a look at her. She looked at Miss Rae as Miss Rae assessed her, and looked at Bubbles when Rae averted her eyes. Bubbles was still talking enthusiastically, but now was keeping a distance between Lottie and herself. Crystal thought that it was nice that Bubbles was being considerate to not be in Lottie's personal space. But Lottie still looked like she wanted Bubbles to go away or something. She lightly tapped Bubbles on the back as a signal to stop being so assertive. Bubbles looked at her in the eyes for a second before turning her head and talking to Lottie. In a more subdued manner, of course.​

"I'm sorry, she's a sheltered animal, doesn't have a lot of experience socializing."

"Ah, that's no problem. Bubbles is just excited to see an eevee. She apparently has some history with an eevee," Crystal said and crouched down to where Bubbles was to pet her. Bubbles never really liked to be petted, but this was her punishment for going off without her and talking to Lottie without telling her. Not a word! She and Bubbles only had each other for the year she had been here in Tempo Town. She hadn't made any friends here, but she did recognize quite a few faces in Tempo Town due to her always seeing them around. It wasn't like Crystal was that much better than Lottie at communicating. Sure, she knew how to talk to people, but she didn't know how they thought. She was raised in an orphanage/lab. There wasn't much she had experienced of the real world, so how could she know what other people like to talk about? There were so many things she hadn't experienced and so many things that she didn't know about. Maybe, just maybe, she could find out more about the outside world by getting out of this town.

"Are you from around Aisu? I came here by plane, just got off yesterday, actually. I think it's beautiful thus far, but I have to rely on my GPS for specifics, especially if I want to head to the next town over. Is that where you're headin', by chance?"

Crystal looked up at Miss Rae from where she was crouching down beside Bubbles.
"I guess you could say that," she said again. It felt like she was repeating herself. And the fact that Miss Rae wasn't from Aisu? That was surprising to her. Crystal had always thought that there wasn't that much outside of Aisu. If Miss Rae lived outside of Aisu, maybe there was a whole world out there that she could explore after she was done with Aisu! That was an exciting thought. "And yeah, I'm heading to the next town over. I..." she laughed sheepishly, "don't know how to get there. Can I follow you there?"

@Raerae

Aiko Sukoshi

"Alright! I'll get busy then!" Aiko exclaimed before beginning to eat her salad faster than before with the poor fork. Whatever manners she was using before diminished ever so slightly. This continued for another few minutes before she dropped her fork and stood up. "Let's go!" Aiko declared as she slid out of her seat and did a little twirl before frolicking through the door, her wonderful dress flowing behind her. She was very light on her feet, and took long strides. Her thoughts had wandered away from Ray for the moment.

She suddenly paused as soon she took a few steps out the Cafe's door. Aiko had no idea where she was going! I'd better not leave that one boy behind and end up getting lost... Her face formed a slight pout as she waited for Ray to join her. She held her hands on her hips and slowly rocked her head back and forth as she drifted into thought. Aiko was very excited to get a Pokemon!

She had waited a long time to find the thing in life that was right for her, heck this would probably be her last chance anyway! But Aiko had heard that trainers can make lots of friends! Pokemon and human friends. She also heard that being a trainer usually requires a lot of traveling, and Aiko loves traveling! That's why she travels by box! Though traveling with friends would probably be better, and safer. Aiko didn't really know much about being with Pokemon, so hopefully someone experienced with Pokemon like Ray could help her out. Running away only to die wouldn't be to fitting for a girl like her.

Julie West

She adjusted her glasses and walked around. She saw a lot of trainers talking and getting friendly. They were forming teams, and having fun, laughing and showing their new pokemon, and here was Julie, alone and quiet. She was bullied a lot, so maybe it was good not to make a friend yet. She could not trust anymore, and it saddened her. She then took out her pokeball the one containing Bruce and threw it. With a flash, Bruce appeared and stretched, as if he awoke from a nap.

"Okay, Bruce. uhh, I want to tell you that uhh, we will be together for a long time, and working together. I just wanna say that"

Bruce glared and then turned away. "Chimchar" He then walked away. Julie ran after her pokemon. Surely Bruce does not like her either.

"Bruce, come back, We are partners"

"Chim? Char." Bruce reluctantly stopped and then turned to Julie. Then he scoffed and walked towards her.

"Please. I have no friends"

"Chim chim char" He blurted.

Julie sighed and closed her eyes. Not even her own pokemon liked her. "Fine." She sat down on the nearest bench and bowed her head. She could feel the tears starting to form.

Bruce stared at his new partner. Surely she wasnt a toughie, but he sad look on her face was a bit disappointing. Something about her made him feel bad for insulting her. The Pokemon sighed and went up to her, and placed his hands on her knees. Julie looked at him, a tear on her cheek.

"Chim char"

Julie stared at her pokemon. It seemed time has stopped as their gazes met.

Tempo Town with Crystal

"Thanks, I guess?"
Rae hadn't ever considered her nickname to be weird in any way, except for the fact that it tended to be a guy's name, though her father reassured her it didn't matter. The brunette pursed her lips and made a little face, wondering if it was time to start going by Blue instead, but that was her father's nickname for her, she didn't want to share it! She chose against further addressing the subject, far more interested in simply moving forward than further deliberating what she should be called. "I don't mind, so long as you can keep up!"

"What I mean by that is, Lottie and I like to explore everything, and even if it's just a beginner's route, I'd still like to see what there is to offer. Sometimes, you find hidden gems, like a berry tree, or a really rare wild pokemon. At least, that's what my dad told me, he said he came across a pidgey with golden feathers one time, just outside of our hometown. He wanted to catch it, but didn't have anything to do that with, and then it ended up flying away. But it's out there, and there are more like it," She bore a nostalgic smile at the recollection of Blue's tales, he'd had some of the most amazing experiences of any trainer, and she only hoped when she went back home she would have worthy stories to share with him.

'Vee! Vee…' Eevee had been a little more friendly to Bubbles as they'd awaited their trainers decisions, but after a short while she pawed over to her trainer, putting all of her weight on her little hind legs and pressing her front paws against Rae's leg. That was the 'I want to be held' gesture, and the young woman didn't hesitate to scoop up the little fox and proceeded to hold her like one would an infant. Her father's assistants had expressed some concern about the constant coddling, worried that a pampered pokemon could be less likely to battle, and more importantly, unlikely to keep Rae safe on the road. But she insisted the affection wouldn't prevent Lottie from growing stronger, if anything she believed the bond would make them both stronger. A bit of a cliche, but it was undeniably true.

"Hopefully, my transceivers GPS will get us to Capella without trouble, it's only a few miles out, if we just keep going we should get there in... a couple hours. I know relying on electronics might not be the best, but until I have a pokemon with wings or something like a Rapidash, it'll have to do."
Rae honed in on their destination, momentarily admiring just how much Aisu had to offer.

But with the admiration came a feeling of intimidation, which was also how she felt regarding camping outside, at night, all on her own, and having the full responsibility of providing for herself
and Lottie. Even though she knew she could call her father for anything, Rae didn't want to rely on him too much, she kind if wanted to prove she was worth the trouble, and see what could happen if it were it her in charge instead. And if that meant starting off her journey with a twelve year old companion, well... that's just how it was going to be!

"Ready? Be mindful of shrubs and trees, I know Bubbles is a little eccentric, but if she wounds up a Beedrill we're in trouble."

@DreamBeat

Ray Zaffre

"Hey wait!" Ray hurriedly finished his coffee. He left his payment on the table and followed after Aiko.

Ray wasn't that keen about travelling with people but he was also a believer of 'what happens, happens'. As soon as he got out of the Cafe doors, he looked Aiko straight in the eye. Ray wasn't sure whether this chick was just messing with him or if she was just really this naive. It was leaning to the latter considering she came in from a crate. Ray just shrugged it off.

"Come on, it's this way." Ray said as he started walking. Duke was following closely behind him still with his blank expression. Ray just assumed that Aiko was following closely behind.

Ray was already in deep thought. He was thinking about the goals he set for himself. He wanted to be the best trainer he could be. He also wanted to travel to see more water pokemon. He wondered what Aiko's goals were.

"Hey Aiko, what makes you want to be a trainer?"

They were getting nearer to Professor Willow's lab.

@InsaneAsylum @Kiwi

Julie West

"Professor Willow's lab. We can get the pokedex, and pokeballs and then have our adventure!" Julie tried to walk in then noticed a few more trainers in the lab. She gasped and placed her hands to her chest. Her heart was pounding heavily, reminding herself of the past. They loved to tease her and make fun of her, scaring her to her home. When she walked up the steps, she dreaded the words to hear, but it never came. The other trainers nodded and just continued on with their conversations. A thousand tons of weight was shrugged off her shoulders as she went to enter the doors.

"What makes you want to be a trainer"

Julie turned and noticed another trainer talking with another. Immediately, her cheeks flushed and she withdrew again.

Danny wasn't sure what had caused him to decide he wanted to be a Pokemon trainer, but he was here in Tempo Town know and it still sounded like a good idea in his own head, so he'd go with it for now. Looking up, trying to see the top of his head, he could just barely make out the tips of the claws resting there, small, but steady, and comforting in a way he couldn't quite place. He smiled. This was going to be the beginning of something great, he could tell, even if it was just the start now. Travelling the world with his best and only friend, finding more along the way, this was definitely something he couldn't have done back home. He and Liam were going to have a blast with this, no doubt.

For a while he wandered through town, oblivious to the odd stares directed his way due to the little Torchic perched on his head, relaxing lazily and soaking up the sun's warmth. Tempo Town was bigger than anything he was used to by far, having only been to Pueltown once to see his parents off the Boyleland, and it was becoming increasingly difficult to figure out where he was going. Not that it really mattered in his mind, this was just an opportunity to explore a little bit before getting to where he wanted to go. Speaking of which, where exactly was he trying to get? He was still new to this regions concept of "capture a Pokemon". Back home it had meant to befriend and then ask for one task before releasing, here it was something entirely different.

Capturing a Pokemon and then keeping it forever still seemed like some distant dream in his mind. Even though he'd come all the way from Almia with Liam, he hadn't captured Liam, not like he was supposed to. The little Torchic was what would have become his partner, should he have chosen to stay and become a Ranger, but he hadn't, and now he was running around with a fairly rare Pokemon that by all rights was still considered wild. Somewhere in the back of his mind he must have realized that there was some danger in that, the possibility that someone might try to steal his friend, but it was buried under his tendency to forget everything but that moment and Liam's lethargic, go with the flow attitude towards life.

His eyes were everywhere, taking in the street and the people and the shops and houses lining the way. The excitement in his eyes and smile was real and completely unhindered by any sign of worry or responsibility. This was his chance to live his dream, and nothing was going to stop him. Eventually he did find Professor Willow's lab, the clean, professional appearance reminding him of the Ranger bases in the way that people congregated here for advice and guidance. If he had been the type of person to get nervous, Danny may have turned to that for comfort, but seeing as how he was running around with a Torchic on his head, completely ignoring the stares in his direction, it was simply an off hand observation that would be forgotten just as quickly as it had been thought up.

Upon entering, Danny noted that there were several other people already milling around, either playing with their Pokemon or waiting their turn to speak with the Professor. Such politeness was lost in the boy's excitement, and the apologetic chirp Liam gave as compensation went unnoticed by many.

"Hello? Professor Willow?" the woman that turned to face him only seemed slightly bemused when he took her acknowledgement as permission to continue, "I'm Danny, and I'd really like to become a Pokemon trainer, but I don't have anything to get started with."

Despite the harsh looks sent his way, Professor Willow simply smiled in a way that spoke of years getting used to people like Danny, and replied with hint of amusement, "
Well, then you'll just have to join in this discussion. By the end, if you really want to be a Trainer, I'll get you what you need." She continued after a quick glance to the fire bird roosting in his hair, "I see you already have a Pokemon though."

Some time and many distractions later, Danny finally walked out of the Lab with six Poke-balls, three potions, a map, his very own Pokedex, a new x-transceiver with the only contact being the Professor, and an officially caught Liam still resting on his head with an expression of lazy satisfaction. For reasons he couldn't quite place, Danny felt a sense of determination in his gut that hadn't filled him sense he first learned of the league regions. This was the start of a new beginning, and he was going to make sure it turned out right. No regrets, this was going to be awesome.

Aiko Sukoshi

Aiko hurried along behind Ray, occasionally wrinkling her nose. When she heard his question, she paused for a moment to think.

I probably shouldn't tell him that I ran away, at least not right now. He is helping me out pretty nicely though...

Aiko took a deep breath. "Well, I'm starting over in life. Becoming a trainer seems to be my best bet about now. I didn't enjoy what my world was like before." Aiko sighed. [color=purple]"I heard that trainers go on amazing adventures, and see all sorts of wonderful things! That's what I want to do, make name for myself in something new..."[/color] Aiko paused outside the lab's doors as she noticed a small girl looking quite nervous.

Aiko shot an inquisitive look at the girl, wondering why she was looking like this. She does look pretty young, maybe she's scared of people older than her? I could just go ask her... I'll do that! Aiko tip-toed over to the young girl. "Hello! What's your name? Are you here to meet the professor to?" Aiko asked with a smile, holding her hands behind her back and head slightly tilted.

@Kiwi

Crystal Thawne
Tempo Town

"Awesome! Thanks,"
she said with a happy smile. Now she would have company for when she was traveling to the next town. Although Bubbles was all the company she really needed, she also wanted to learn more about other people. She hadn't conversed with a lot of people like she had with Miss Rae after all. Now that she thought about it, Crystal wondered if that was her real name. She had never heard of that kind of name before, but then again, she had never heard or seen a lot of things.

Crystal was absorbed in what Rae was saying about pokemon. With each word that came out of her mouth, the more eager she was to explore what was out there. Hidden gems. Really rare wild pokemon. Pokemon she's never seen before outside of the lab and the town. Even a pokemon with GOLDEN FEATHERS! The twelve-year old sighed dreamily as she thought of all the things she would see out there. She couldn't wait! Even her imagination couldn't fathom what was waiting for her outside of this town. The town was nice and all, but the world had a lot more to offer.

Bubbles, meanwhile, was pleased to have Lottie open up to her in the short time they knew each other. Sure, the eevee was a still distant, but Bubbles was quite happy that she had made what looked like a new friend. Both pokemon and human watched as Lottie was coddled by Miss Rae, and then they looked at each other. In the short one year they had known each other, they weren't that fond of cuddling but it was nice to see the affection of another pokemon and trainer. Instead, Crystal and Bubbles liked to communicate with eye contact and now telepathy. They were best friends, and they didn't need to cuddle with each other to know that they were loyal to each other. They both smiled and turned back to Lottie and Miss Rae.

"Hopefully, my transceivers GPS will get us to Capella without trouble, it's only a few miles out, if we just keep going we should get there in... a couple hours. I know relying on electronics might not be the best, but until I have a pokemon with wings or something like a Rapidash, it'll have to do," Miss Rae said and then paused for a moment before speaking up again. "Ready? Be mindful of shrubs and trees, I know Bubbles is a little eccentric, but if she wounds up a Beedrill we're in trouble."

She turned to look at Bubbles. "You ready?" At that Bubbles gave an enthusiastic nod and an energetic "Piiiplup!" With that, she also reminded Bubbles what Miss Rae said. "Remember, don't go wandering off or anything okay?" Seeing that Crystal was warning her because she was worried about something, Bubbles eyes closed as she smiled and nodded. At the confirmation, Crystal scooped Bubbles up in her arms so that she wouldn't have to walk so much and said, "All right. All ready to go," Crystal said with a smile and gave a thumbs up.

@Raerae

Gael yawned as he leaned against the wall of the lab, glancing at his watch then the professor's assistant who was still busy searching for the pokedex he had requested earlier. He folded his arms and closed his eyes as he heard the door open and close with the professor doing her usual greeting. He felt a nudge at his leg and opened his eyes, his lips curling into a slight smile as his precious Cyndaquil looked up at him, still holding onto his pants leg. He knelt down and ruffled his head, scratching him where he knew he loved it most. "You ready to explore Azel?" Azel nodded his head vigorously saying "quil quil" as he swatted at Gael's necklace. Gael caught it and pulled it out of Azel's reach. "Don't play with that Azel. We'll head off the moment I collect everything I need from the professor okay?" Azel nodded yet again as he tucked into the treat Gael had given him.

"Gael?" Hearing, his name, Gael stood up and turned to face the assistant who was holdng a white and green pokedex. "I'm so sorry for the wait. Here is the pokedex you asked for." Gael took the pokedex from his hands and tucked it into his pocket.
"Thanks." He walked out of the lab, Azel following him on his hind legs. "Quil" Gael stopped in front of the door and knelt down. Azel jumped into his back and peered over his shoulder as Gael stepped outside. "Alright Azel, time for an adventure."

"Quil!" Gael reached over to stroke his head. "That's the spirit but before that we got to say goodbye first." He walked towards a smiling middle aged couple."See you later, mom, dad." He wrapped each of them into a huge bear hug, Azel attempting to do the same. "See you later son, Azel. Make sure you take care of yourself and try not to sleep in the open without your jacket or you'll catch a cold." Gael smiled as he headed off to the outskirts of town. "First stop, Capella Town."

Holding his map up in front of his face, Danny scanned it haphazardly, looking for the place he wanted to go first. Liam leaned down as well, doing his best to look at the map from where he was on Danny's head. "Where do you think we should go, Liam?" he asked, not bothering to look up as Liam started chirping. He may not have spoken Pokemon and Liam may not have spoken English, but by this point in his life the two understood each other enough that they didn't really need to. Neither of them really had a plan, but that was okay, it was what fit both of them best, going anywhere and doing anything they pleased without any goals to hinder them. "Well, we're gonna have to pick somewhere, it'd be kinda bad if we ended too far from a town," he murmured.

Danny was walking as he did this, not looking at the path in front of him but somehow, miraculously not running into anyone, the crowd of pedestrians parting around him like a stone in the river. He supposed the best place to start would be Route 1. Working through this methodically, while not exactly completely free form, would be his best chance of seeing every kind of Pokemon this land had to offer. Speaking of which, his Pokedex was going to seriously come in handy. If he ever wanted to go looking for a specific Pokemon he had seen, it would be a cinch to find out where to go. He smiled as he closed his navigator, reaching up to stroke Liam's feathers as he reached the entrance to Route 1.

There were already people there when he arrived, two girls talking, one with a Piplup and one with an Eevee. A moment was spent appreciating the Eevee, she was obviously female, something he'd never seen before and was sure he wouldn't see until much later in his life. "Hello ladies," he tried for politeness, "
I don't mean to interrupt, but would you happen to be Pokemon Trainers as well? I'm just starting on my journey and I would be very grateful if you would allow me to accompany you."

@Raerae

@DreamBeat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back