• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: War Of Zodarus (Runesage & Riolux)

Aneirin caught the key with the tip of his horn, then expertly moved it into his bag. "I agree. No time like the present." He began heading off, but Miles still stood there for a second or two, thinking. "What's up?"

"Well... you know... Something that Chandelure said bugged me. Asking if we were a team..." Miles looked off to the side, embarrassed. "Would you guys, once this mess is all over and we find out who killed my family..." He trailed off, then shook his head. "Nevermind. Let's just focus on one thing at a time." Aneirin caught something in his gaze, a note of emotion that wasn't normally on the cheerful Dewott's face. Sad resolve, a focus, and a core of something else that Aneirin guessed was a flaming hatred for somebody. It passed within a moment, and Miles's characteristic smile was back as he followed Aneirin to the bank. Aneirin would have to talk with Ryan about this.

They approached the bank about an hour before it closed. "What do you think we have to do to get the job." Aneirin asked.

Miles shrugged. "Who knows?" He then walked up to the doors and proceeded into the building, leaving Aneirin no choice but to follow Miles blindly. Guess we're going in with no plan this time. Aneirin thought sadly.

Riolux Riolux

The bank was relatively small in comparison to most, being most undecorated. It had marble floors decorated with turquoise diamond designs, though not made of any valuable materials with walls and some decorative pillars of the same marble material, but undecorated. There was 3 desks, each where a teller was meant to be, and a large vault door behind them. There was also two offices, one for the Security Chief, which was likely their destination, and one for the Bank Manager, which had the lights off and, if the doorknob was tested, locked. The desks were unoccupied, but a very familiar Arcanine was standing near the Security Chief's door, bearing a simple badge on a string identifying as a temporary worker himself. Said Arcanine's eyes widened at the sight of Miles and, more importantly, Aneirin, but he did not enter any aggressive stance.

===================================================================================================

Meanwhile, Ryan was in the marketplace, chatting up an old Flareon by the name of Hephaestus, whom he'd befriended on his trips to and from the Compound before he quit, with his most recent visit having been while he had been fleeing, after that having written to the old Eeveelution. As he waved farewell, a few pieces of bread and fruit in his bag as a gift from the old 'Mon, he was grabbed and pulled to the side by a Weavile in a dark cloak, his marking identifying him as a Servant of Darkrai. Ryan gulped a bit as the Weavile spoke up.

"So you the new guy they sent to help us with the Job tonight?" he whispered in hushed tones, obviously not recognizing the Renegade Riolu. Ryan only blinked in surprised, not entirely sure as to how he should answer. That decision was made for him as the Weavile dragged him along. "Good, good. We needed one more as insurance. They've got a Wolfpack member volunteering to help out, which makes things tricky." he explained, walking over to a group consisting of a Accelgor, a Liepard, a Drapion, and an Ursaring. Ryan quickly realized just what the Bank had meant by 'suspicious activity' and also realized just how absolutely screwed he was.

"I, uh, think maybe you guys don't need me. I mean you've got a pretty solid team right here." Ryan commented a bit quietly, but certainly within the Weavile's earshot, who laughed.

"Kid, I don't know if you've seen these guys, the the Wolfpack's no joke. It'll take real skill to take one down. Braggin' rights for a week back at the compound. Nice cut of the reward too. So let's go, rookie." the Weavile said, playfully shoving Ryan towards the group as he quickly donned his cowl, very much hoping none of them recognized him at all.

Runesage Runesage

"Oh, hello there!" Miles said, not making a move toward his scalchops, though his mind was racing. What on earth was he doing here. Were the rest of them around? Was that Sceptile around too? If they're here, then that means. "Let me guess. The suspicious activity has something to do with Gifted." Miles muttered.

Aneirin followed Miles's train of logic, and began to take a step back. "Maybe I shouldn't be here. If they're having-"

"We've been over this Anei. How could a healer possibly be not wanted, especially if they're going without pay?" Miles said.

"Don't call me Anei." Aneirin growled. He did follow Miles toward the Arcanine.

"We saw this job posting, and though we'd help out. Do we just walk in to the security office or do you, never got your name before by the way, do you go and tell him more help is here. As you could probably tell, we're new around these parts." Miles asked, his usual scatterbrained conversation trail emerging.

Riolux Riolux

"Let me just get three things out of the way. One, you're Absolutely lucky it's just me and that the Xerneas kid here healed me or else I'd be much more bitter about this. Two, we're off the clock til the boss gets back so if you think I'll just run off to get the others after this is said and done then you're wrong. Hell, I doubt he'd care unless he drags Lyxia back here..." he said, muttering the last sentence with a roll of his eyes. "And three, I don't let personal stuff get in the way of business." he said, gesturing to the door. "Besides, I'd be an idiot to turn down a Pokemon capable of stitching me back together during or after a fight. The Chief really made it sound like he's expecting trouble. He's right through here, by the way." The Arcanine finished, stepping a bit further from the door for ease of access.

Runesage Runesage

"We weren't going to su-" Aneirin began but Miles cut him off.

"Thanks unnamed Arcanine." Miles said. He was really tired of people not giving him their names. First Ryan, then that pretty Quilava from earlier, now this Arcanine. "Come on Aneirin. We've got a job to get."

Aneirin sighed. Something about the way Miles was acting was triggering alarm bells somewhere deep inside him. Maybe some residue from when he'd been human. "Are you sure you're all right Miles?" He asked. "There's no harm in-"

Miles cut him off again. "I'm fine. We've just got a job to do tonight." The words were right, but something about them still bothered Aneirin.

"All right." Aneirin said as Miles pushed his way into the office. "Let's get it done." He muttered as he followed.

Riolux Riolux

The Arcanine watched the two leave and shrugged, not really caring much either way. He'd probably not be so talkative either if forced to work with someone who'd had the direct intent to kill one of them. Inside the office was a Turtonator, speaking to a Xatu idly beside them, the Turtonator donning a navy blue scarf with a golden star stitched into it while the Xatu beside him having a sash with a similar color and emblem. Upon hearing the two enter, they both looked to the Dewott and Absol, the Xatu giving them a piercing gaze as it seemed to gaze into their souls almost.

"Am I to assume you two kids want a job as guards here?" the Turtonator asked, only a small bit of skepticism in his tone as he noted Aneirin's unique coloration.

Runesage Runesage

"I want a job." Miles said. "Aneirin is here to keep whoever's helping alive."

Aneirin nodded. "Miles contacted me about this job, saying there was suspicious activity. When I tried to peer into the future, I saw only darkness. Something has clouded my vision around here. I would like to help in any way I can. After all, if the bank goes down, many people will lose out on so much..." He trailed off expressively, looking out the window. "I require no payment for my services. My payment is knowing I've helped prevent a disaster."

Miles looked at Aneirin thoughtfully. For someone who was professed to be straightforward, he was a fairly good actor. The way his voice modulated, as if the thought of people suffering brought him great pain, the sad look in his eye as he considered the destruction that would occur. He then shook his head slightly. That wasn't an act. Everything he said was true, with just a few pieces missing from his statements.

Riolux Riolux

Users who are viewing this thread

Back