• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: War Of Zodarus (Runesage & Riolux)

The Riolu raised his leg enough to block with the ankle bracer, though the force definitely knocked him back. With an annoyed growl, he himself used Swords Dance, a grimace on his face. "Fine, wise-guy. Two can play that game. I'm gonna have to knock you out for your own good." he said, dashing forwards with a Low Kick towards Miles' knees.

Runesage Runesage

"Own good?" Miles said as he quickly embedded one of his Razor Shells in the ground. He leaped onto the handle to avoid the Low Kick, slashing from his position on top with a Razor Shell before grabbing onto the shell again and jumping off. "How could knocking me out ever be for my own good? That can cause permanent brain damage, and I need to keep whatever I have left of that intact. Also, I need him to help me find out who killed my family. But I don't need you, so..." Miles trailed off as he waited for the Riolu's next move.

Riolux Riolux

"Find out who...oh. So you're Miles. Now I feel bad that I've gotta do this, but while I can appreciate that you're seeking answers, I've got a job to do." he said, his face turning into a more serious expression with a hint of pity in it. "Brain damage or no, you're in my way. My job is to take out any Servants of Darkrai. This guy's a threat to others whether you believe it or not." he finished, entering an aggressive stance as he leaped up a bit, flipping right over Miles and whipping around, aiming a High Jump Kick at his back.

Runesage Runesage

"So you know about me? Tell me, how much of my sister's mail does your encampment read?" Miles asked. He saw the Riolu flip over him. Instead of engaging the Riolu, he ducked down and rolled to the side, standing with his back to a wall. "Because I'm sure you didn't hear about me just because of my charm and good looks." He didn't really want to fight the Riolu because the Riolu had the advantage. Any time, he could threaten Ryan, and Miles would be forced to compensate. At this point, he was stalling for one of the other two to notice how long he'd gone and start to help him.

Riolux Riolux

"It's not your mail we read. Geez, you think the Follower of Cresselia with her doesn't send us a letter once in awhile to say how the two of 'em are doing?" he said, though he grinned, looking behind him and sidestepping a Focus Blast Ryan had launched at him. He returned the favor, smashing a Blaze Kick into Ryan since Miles had moved from being in between them again, much to Ryan's chagrin.

Runesage Runesage

Good, she's doing fine. Miles thought. And then, crap. The Riolu was attacking Ryan again. "Ryan, overload his aura! Do something to disorient that sense of his!" He shouted as he used Double Team again, rushing the Riolu's back. Hopefully, Ryan would be able to do something akin to a Flash with his aura, disabling the Riolu's aura sensing abilities, and allowing Miles to go to town on the guy.

Riolux Riolux

"How the heck do I do that?!" he snapped in pain and frustration as the Riolu this time grabbed Ryan by the front of his cloak, tossing him towards Miles before using Swords Dance again, the Servant Hunter seeming to take great amusement in Ryan's mounting anger.

Runesage Runesage

"Something's not right." Chris muttered to himself. "Miles has been gone way too long." He looked at Aneirin, who was still haggling with the followers of Cresselia. "Sorry. You're on your own bud." He cloaked himself in an illusion of invisibility, then created an illusion of him waiting for Aneirin, and ran off.
------------------------------------------
Miles paused in his fight to catch Ryan, sliding backward at the impact. "How on earth am I supposed to know, you're the Riolu here! Haven't you worked on that at all?" This was getting to be too much for him. He set Ryan down, and activated his third Swords Dance. "Just, I dunno, stay down then!" Miles stood in between the two Riolus again, ready to fight.

Riolux Riolux

The Riolu lunged forwards with another High Jump Kick. However, this was a trick, as he canceled his attack, going low and striking at Miles' knees with a Low Kick instead followed by an actual High Jump Kick should the attack land. Otherwise, he'd leap away to re-engage again.

Runesage Runesage

Miles stood and raised one Razor Shell to block the High Jump Kick, and reacted just in time, reversing his grip on the second one, to block the change to Low Kick. This guy's really good. Miles thought to himself. As the Riolu disengaged and prepared to attack again, a cage suddenly appeared around the Riolu.

"Naughty naughty... Good little Cresselia followers shouldn't be wandering off alone like that. You might hurt somebody." Chris drawled from his position on top of the ledge. "Here, let me help with that." He snapped his fingers and cuffs appeared around the Riolu's wrists and ankles with a chain connecting them to the ground. "Feels real, doesn't it? Of course, you'll be able to get out of there eventually, but it should be enough time for us to conclude our business here and get out." He turned to Ryan and Miles. "You two all right?"

"I'm fine. Ryan actually took more hits than I did." Miles said. "Sorry about that." He apologized sheepishly.

Riolux Riolux

Ryan ignored Miles apology as he glanced past Chris for a second then gave him an annoyed look. "Y'know, you talk too much! Move it, fox-boy!" he called out, pointing past Chris as the Riolu seemed to realize it was fake, partially thanks to Chris' own words, the fact that he was a Zoroark, and the incredulity of chains and a cage disappearing, and was now leaping towards Chris' back with a Blaze Kick. Ryan himself stepped aside, as he'd be right in the path if Chris moved.

Runesage Runesage

"Now now." Chris deflected the Blaze Kick off his arm, grunting at the pain, and focusing on a different move. Moving swiftly, he caught the Riolu by the throat. "Calling me fox-boy is rude." He threw the Riolu on the ground. "And so is attacking someone while they're talking." Reaching into his pouch, Chris pulled out a Sleep Seed. "Maybe when you wake up," Chris dashed over and forced the Sleep Seed into the Riolu's mouth, "You'll be in a better mood."

Miles blinked. He'd never seen a Pokemon move that fast normally. "How did you...?" He trailed off.

"I do know Agility. It's helped me out of more jams than one. I used it so I could get here faster, then again while I deflected the Blaze Kick" Chris said.

Riolux Riolux

Last edited:
Ryan launched a full-force glare this time at Chris. "Not to sound ungrateful, but cut the crap, Chris," he said blatantly, no longer convinced that he was a true Follower of Xerneas. "You don't serve Xerneas, do you?" he asked, though he already felt he knew the answer. Between the way Chris had grabbed his throat and his being keen on using deceit, he never really believed it to begin with.

Runesage Runesage

"No. I don't serve any of the Warring Legends." Chris said. "But disguising myself as a Follower of Xerneas has it's... advantages." Chris trailed off.

"So, you lied to us." Miles said.

"I never told you I was a Follower of Xerneas. I just never corrected that opinion. I can't lie, or my illusions shatter." Chris said. "One deception at a time."

"So you're not a human brought here by a Legendary?" Miles asked.

Chris looked away. "I never said that either. I can't tell you who I serve. Just know I'm on your side. I want this war to stop. I don't want any faction to gain an advantage. I don't think I'm able to tell you more." Chris looked at them. "Trust me?" He asked hopefully.

Miles looked uncomfortable. "Maybe. We'll see. Make sure you tell Aneirin that." Chris nodded, then looked at Ryan.

Riolux Riolux

"Sorry. I don't trust people who withhold information like that. Especially since you won't even tell us your faction. How're we supposed to believe whatever Legendary you actually serve isn't just playing us for fools, huh?" he asked, a harsh tone in his voice. He didn't appreciate all this secretive stuff and he wasn't about to be caught off-guard if Chris' boss decided it didn't want him playing nice with others.

Runesage Runesage

"I told you, I don't have a faction. I'm the only one. You think those 8 are the only ones who bring humans he-" He cut himself off. "I've said too much." He turned away, getting ready to leave.

"Hold up, where are you going?" Miles asked.

"Us traveling together is pointless without trust. I realize that I've broken that, and that's why I'm leaving." Chris said. "Miles, you know how to find me. IF, you ever decide that you need my help, I'll come. Until then." Chris said, and he grabbed the sleeping Riolu and hoisting him over his back..

"Where are you taking him?" Miles asked.

"He was beating the tar out of you two before I showed up. I'm making sure he wakes up somewhere else so he doesn't do that again. Unless you want me to leave him behind" Chris asked, getting ready to leave.

Riolux Riolux

Ryan shook his head, rolling his eyes. "Just go," he said before going back to sitting down, fishing through his bag for a restorative item. Finding an Oran Berry, he ate it before pulling out the same book from before and writing in it. After doing so, he closed it and looked to Miles. "Is Aneirin done or did you both just ditch him?" he asked dryly.

Runesage Runesage

"He'll be back any second. He was almost done when I left." Trill waved as he cloaked himself in an illusion of invisibility. He set off a fair distance from Cresselia's camp and Miles's, before placing the Riolu where he would be easily found. "Well, guess I'm on my own again, Sir." A pause, then. "I'm sorry. I need to do better." Another pause. "Yes sir." Chris said, and he headed off, making plans at how to best train his illusion skills. "Maybe a magic show..." A grin crept across his face.
-----------------------------------------------
"He sent me back because he had a brief vision of trouble here. I guess Chris thought I was taking too long and came after me to see what's up." Miles said. Hearing a slight noise, he poked his head out from the cave. "Here he is now, matter of fact."

"Where's Chris, I got the NeverMeltIce, was talking to him, but he wasn't responding, and then he just disappeared." Aneirin said. Wasting no time, he pulled a bowl out of his pack. Cleaning it out in the stream, he filled it with water, and then dropped the NeverMeltIce into it. After it chilled, he soaked a Heal Ribbon in the water, he began winding it around Ryan's chest. "Tell me if this works."

"Yeah, Chris left. Turns out he's not a Follower of Xerneas after all. He claims not to follow any of the others, but he also claims he was human at one point, so he must have been brought here." Miles said.

Aneirin snorted. "Of course he wasn't a Follower of Xerneas." He said. "You were right Ryan."

Riolux Riolux

"Good for me. Not like he was really fooling anyone. No Follower of Xerneas really acts like that from what I can tell." he stated as he felt the burn finally start to heal, though the icy water sent chills down his spine. "Arceus...that's really freaking cold," he said, wincing, though it definitely beat the burn.

Runesage Runesage

"Good. Should we rest here for the day, or..." Aneirin began.

"Bad idea." Miles said. "We had a run in with a Servant Hunter while we were here. Some 'crazy, Cresselia-following, Aura-reading, vigilante,' I believe you said earlier. Yeah, he showed up. We should move now while he's still asleep, and before he can warn the camp that there's a Servant of Darkrai nearby."

Aneirin sighed. "I hoped that was just a bad dream. Guess it was a vision. How did you beat him, and where is he?"

"Chris put him to sleep with a sleep seed, then took him off somewhere. We should leave now." Miles said, and Aneirin nodded. "Where to?" Miles asked no one in particular.

"Depends on how far he's up for traveling. You have a place in mind?" Aneirin asked Ryan.

Riolux Riolux

"Well, I sorta owe ya both one. Miles wants answers, I know. Anything I can do for you, Aneirin? Note: No is not an acceptable answer." Ryan offered as he stood up, eating an apple out of his bag as the Heal Ribbon made him hungry faster and he hadn't eaten yet today.

Runesage Runesage

"I dunno... Can I think about it for a minute?" Aneirin said. "I don't think we have time to stick around." A blue film covered his eyes as glimpses of the most immediate future appeared. "If we stay, we're going to get hunted down and killed. All of us."

"Let's get going then." Miles said, determined not to die. "Any favors can wait until after we survive. Head back to Zodiac, or go somewhere else? How far can you travel Ryan?"

Riolux Riolux

"I can go wherever you guys can. Especially scrawny here," he said, pointing at Aneirin, teasing the Absol light-heartedly as he grinned. The burn being cured definitely put him in a better mood and with Chris gone, he didn't feel as on edge as he did before.

Runesage Runesage

"Then let's get back to Zodiac for now." Miles said. "I'm not going to feel comfortable until those crazies are far away, and we can make plans there."

"Scrawny? I had to carry your heavy bulk." Aneirin muttered at the same time, as he began to head off in the direction Miles had indicated.

Riolux Riolux

"Aneirin, relax. I was only teasing you. I'm grateful for what you two did." he said, not having intended to insult the Absol before taking a second to realize what he'd said. "Hey! I'm lighter than you!" he said, catching on.

Runesage Runesage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back