• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: A Breaking World RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Aggron was tired, after discussing how to fight the legendary Pokémon he couldn't sleep, what if the first they met would be Kyogre, Groudon, or something else that had a typ advantage.

Aggron heard the howl, the sign to meet, so he stood up and started to walk to the main hall, he is somewhat happy that he doesn't have anyone, at least anyone that would miss him. "I think the mons in my old mountain are going to throw a party if I die." He said silently with a big smirk. He entered the room and just sat down, he watched the guildmaster carefully.

Despite the situation and the problem at hand, lance slept like the dead. Eye flashing open at the sound of the persians yowl, it darted around to look at the room for a moment, before re centering. "My dearest friends, it is time! Let us sally forth with hope in our hearts and iron wills!". A duo of groans from the two other pokemon filled the air, the kabutops joan and gallade jean. Jean spoke first, "Lance...we all agreed we'd go out and help...but me and joan didn't agree to such an early morning pep talk...we're coming, we're coming.". The two bladed pokemon stood up with a stretch, before they started out through the door.

The door? Too slow, the halls would be crowded, pokemon would be funneling in...no, it was time for an innovative shortcut! Taking advantage of his ghost typing, he phased into the bedroom wall, and drifted through the guild walls, only to pop out of a wall near the front, and float into position with the other pokemon. His companions were probably still coming in, which meant he had the right idea...and it looked like some other ghost types had done the same. As much as he wanted to give words of inspiration and hope, wasn't his place, not this morning...that was the guild masters job now.

Fort stood before his two battered and exhausted pupils, his idea of a sparring match as a going away present excited them at first but now not so much. "Not bad you two, you almost got a hit on me." Compliments were a rare occurrence under Fort's tutelage and they accepted it with glee and big smiles on their faces. Seeing his students with big smiles and battered bodies gave him a feeling of nostalgia from when he was a small Cubone. "You two have grown so much since you first came to me and I can say without a doubt that you have helped me grow as well." He takes a moment to look at the guild hall before pulling out two red bandanas and giving one to each of his students. "Normally I would have done this once you have completed your training but there's a chance I won't be here for it so I'm doing this now. For your perseverance and tenacity towards all challenges you have faced, be they given to you by myself or life, I wish you continued success and will now bestow upon you your names. Cubone, I bestow upon you the name Spirit. Farfetch'd, I bestow upon you the name Valor. I hope you accept and embody these titles"

The duo stands there shocked but before they can respond a loud yowl comes from the Guildhall, "Looks like it's time." Fort grabs a small sack and ties the string of it to his bone club and swings it over his shoulder "Hopefully I'll see you two again, If not I enjoyed our time immensely. But if I do, I'm gonna make you earn those titles." Seeing the mix of sadness and fear on his students' faces as he walks to the guildhall makes him laugh "Until next time." He enters the hall with a small smile.

"Thank you all for coming," the Guildmaster nodded to the Pokemon now filling the hall. There weren't as many as yesterday; not all of the Pokemon were taking on this mission. "Today we embark on the mission to save our world. You are all capable Pokemon, and I know we have a fighting chance at the very least. I believe in you all, and I know that each and every one of you will give everything you have. I know this mission will be dangerous, but I also know that the world needs us to do this. Now, who's ready?" The Guildmaster raised her voice on her last sentence, and some of the Pokemon in the hall cheered.

While he or his team did not cheer, they did give murmurs of agreement and understanding. Lance changed his stance to his 'combative' form, holding his shield up for a moment. "Through fire and flame, through snow and blizzard, through darkness and light,over mountain and hill, we will follow you on this mission. Until the world is safe, or until we can travel no further, the knights shall lend their aid.". Lowering his shield and swapping stances, the gallade beside him nudged him just a bit. "Well put, but you could have just said 'we're ready'..."

Aggron smiled and jumped to his feet. "like the boss said, let's roll out!" Aggron stormed to the door and froze for a moment, he turned around with an awkward smile and asked. "In witch direction should we go?"

Quill wasn't listening to the Guildmaster.

He was tiredly thinking of all the ways he would make Kyogre or Lunala pay for they did. Oh, sure, other legendaries have done similar, but he didn't know what they did. He can't punish them accordingly. Suddenly, Quill looked up, hearing all of the cheering. "Woo..." He halfheartedly grumbled, still half asleep. He looked around afterwards, and couldn't help but realize, there wasn't that many Pokemon in the hall. He hoped it would be enough, as he walked out of the door, putting his wings behind his head.

Valiance and Sparx gazed at each other with determination sparkling in their eyes, then Valiance turned to Prickles, "We'll be back," she tried to sound as though she meant it, but they all knew very well that it may not be true. Prickles simply nodded and gave the two a tight hug, some tears falling down her face. Once she let go, Valiance and Sparx turned to follow Aggron out of the hall.

"Guildmaster, I can't go," Persian spoke quietly.

"What?!" Nidoqueen turned quickly to her friend, surprised, "but you said-"

"I know what I said, but I can't. We can't leave the guild leaderless in the event that we both get killed on this mission. The Pokemon going on this mission need you more than they need me," Persian turned to her friend with glittering eyes.

The Guildmaster simply turned her gaze down, "I understand, and I harbor no ill will towards you for it," she nodded solemnly to Persian and strode out the door. "We go north. According to legend, the Lake Trio, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf, work closely with Arceus to calm Dialga and Palkia. They may have useful knowledge, and Lake Valor, the home of Azelf, is closest," she led the journeying Pokemon out off of guild grounds, casting a final glance to it as it disappeared over the horizon.

Among the pokemon heading out was of course, lance and his team. They looked rather stoic, but on the inside...the gallade was grumbling and the kabutops was worrying. Set between the two was the old Aegislash, hovering forward with his shield in a ribbon grip. "Lake valor? I had always wished to go visit the lakes, but adventuring had become a memory until now...I doth wonder if it has faired well in the current times."

The Guildmaster glanced over her shoulder at Lance, “as do I. Azelf may have good advice for us.” The group continued walking north when they came to the entrance of a cave. She stopped and turned to the Pokémon following, “I want you all in groups of three or four. I don’t want you to go alone, but if we all go together we will never make it through.”

Variance and Sparx nodded to each other; of course they would go together. They just needed one more Pokémon, and so they gazed around looking for anyone who would join them.

Aggron went over to Quill and put on a huge smile. "What do you say, my feathery friend, wanna join up? But we would need one more, you know anyone that could join us?" After a short pause. "That is, if you want to be on the same team with me." followed by a nervous laughter.

Fort watched as pokemon began pairing off and conversing, assessing each party's composition of personalities he spotted Aggron and Quill. "Those two seemed particularly excited to join this expedition, they'll probably get into trouble if someone doesn't look after them." Fort approached the larger Pokemon and slapped his tail into the ground to get their attention "I'd like to join your team if you'll have me"

"-and your sure?" the kabutops asked, to which the old aegislash gave his 'nod'. "Verily! We are an experienced team, this is true! But it would be best if we went seperate ways for now, and help where we can! Fear not, I shall be fine, and I have the utmost faith in you as well my friends! Go forth, and help those you can! We will meet again, I am sure of it!". The other two pokemon gave eachother a sideways glance, but trusted the leadership of their team lead, even if he was a bit...out of practice. When the two went their separate ways, the aegislash took a moment to assess who could use a party member.

After a moment, he floated his way over to Valiance and her companion, raising his shield up in greeting. "Greetings! Doth ye require another member for this journey ahead? The knights have split ways for now, in agreement that it is more pertinent to aid others."

“Yeah, that’d be great, Lance,” Valiance gave the old Aegislash a smile that showed a few pointed teeth. “Our different types will be good against a lot of Pokémon,” of course that wasn’t the only reason she was glad he would be joining them, he was very experienced. Not that she was afraid, of course.

“Thank you,” Sparx dipped his head in a gesture of respect. He had always looked up to Lance and the others who’d been with the guild the longest, so it was an honor for him to join a team with one of them.

The old blade raised it's shield in gesture once again. "It is settled then! You have my word, I will fight alongside you, and defend you, as if you were my own kin, and among my team! For now, as we prepare to head into this cavern, you are indeed my team, and shall always be a member of that as far as I am concerned. When we are all prepared, I shall sally forth by your side.".

Lance always had a soft spot for the newer members of the guild, and he always watched them with interest. Valiance and her team were hardly 'newer' anymore, but they were still part of his guild and family...and he continued to help and watch over them, just like any other.

Sparx’s eyes shown as Lance spoke, and after a moment he replied, “it will be an honor to fight alongside you, Lance.”

Valiance nodded in agreement, “so, who’s taking point and who’s guarding the rear once we get in?” She instinctively looked to Lance for an answer.

Slotting his shield into place, his eye darted between the two, considering a course of action. "I shall lead the way forth. With my experience and shield, I shall be protect us from harm. I believe it wisest that Valience takes the rear. I say not this to be rude, but from a tacticians standpoint. Fire-types are tenacious and strong, and attacking one from behind is known to earn ire...only a fool would dare strike you with your back turned!"

“Ooh, don’t worry, that ain’t rude!” Valiance reared up for second with gleam in her eye. She was obviously excited.

Sparx, on the other hand, was much more subdued as he nodded, “No one wants to attack Valiance from behind. Trust me, I’ve tried,” he was referring to a practice session they’d had some time ago when he’d tried to sneak up on Valiance. Long story short: it didn’t end well for poor Sparx.

Aggron turned around to see a marowak. "Well, I don't really mind that you join us, but it depends on Quill..." and with a big grin he added. "But don't you dare to be so hard on us like you are on your students." He laughed and gave Fort a light pat on the shoulder.

"Oh, sure! Let us folic in the fields of friendship!" Quill boldly stated to Aggron and Fort. "Though," Quill said as he smirked, "we could always try to make things a little difficult for the others." He put his wings behind his head and sighed as he looked at Fort. "You probably won't want to though, right?"

The Guildmaster twitched her ear toward Quill and his team and smirked, "Oh Quill, I love your pranks as much as the next mon, but I would very much prefer that you didn't during this mission. You can play all the pranks you want if-" she shook her head quickly, "when we get home, I'll even help you. Now, is everyone ready?" She turned back toward the rest of the Pokemon, who all seemed to have grouped together.

Valiance looked between Sparx and Lance, and the Luxray nodded, "I think so, unless Lance thinks otherwise."

The eye at the base of the sword-like pokemon slowly drifted over the collected groups, silently running thoughts through his mind. There was no truly perfect team, and while some were at a plain disadvantage due to typing gathering, they'd make due with pure skill. Provided everyone had mentally braced themselves for what lay before them, and the struggles they faced...yes, they were likely ready. "Forsooth, we are prepared upon your word, guildmaster!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back