• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: A Breaking World RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

DragonPaws4

Hey hey hey
Many Years Ago
Distortion World

"Giratina, please. You have to understand why you mustn't do this," Arceus plead. Giratina had won.

"And you know why I must," Giratina hissed, "You sent me to this place. This hell. And now I will have my revenge!"

Present Day
Exploration Guild

Valiance awoke to a prodding on her ribcage. "What do you want, Sparx? It's too early," she growled sleepily at her teammate.

"The Guildmaster's called a meeting," Sparx replied.

"Now?" Valiance looked up inquisitively, and Sparx nodded, "Why would the Guildmaster call a meeting now?"

"I don't know, but it must be important," The Luxray began nosing Valiance out of bed.

"Okay, okay, fine. Is Prickles up?" Valiance asked sleepily as she got herself up, and Sparx nodded.

The Houndoom sighed as she walked with her teammates out of their quarters and into the main room, where some other guild members were already waiting.

Near the front of the room, but not quite center stage, was the old aegislash lance. Normally a giant floating sword clutching a shield sticks out in a crowd of pokemon, but when one factored in his unusual color tones and the fact that guild members were still funneling into the sparsely populated room...hard to miss him. Beside him was a kabutops, speaking in soft tones with him. "What's your take on it? Any guesses? We usually don't have big meetings like this...makes me a bit nervous...". A soft and jovial laugh, something aged and spectral, escaped the hovering sword. "Fear not! Didst thou always worry this much, or is this only recently creeping up upon thee joan?"

A sigh left the kabutops, shaking her head. "Not the point. This doesn't unnerve you in the slightest, that we're all being gathered up for a big meeting? We usually don't have these, and you know that.". Again, a small jovial laugh from the blade."Verily, and rarely doth we not have a meal at the table, but it happens! Thou worries too much!". The kabutops gave a groan realizing she wasn't getting anywhere, instead turning her attention towards the front where the guildmaster would be.

Quill dozed...

'People are heading to the Main Hall...' he thought groggily.

His eyes snapped open. 'PEOPLE ARE HEADING TO THE MAIN HALL!' He jumped out of his little nest, grabbed his stuff, and ran to the Main Hall. 'Oh man, oh man, there's a meeting isn't there!' Quill was mentally screaming at this point. He finally arrived to see that it hadn't started yet. An exhausted hoot came out of Quill, as he ran a wing over his head. 'Good, it hasn't started yet.' he thought. All of the sudden, he smirked. 'I wonder if anyone's discovered the fog I put around the entrance with Haze last night? Ah well, they'll discover it soon enough.' he pondered, as he turned his attention to the front.

Mawile was puzzled. Working late into the night was her usual MO and it wasn't abnormal in the slightest for her to have stayed up well past dawn, missing the rising of the sun and the gentle warmth it brought. But, today, she was uncertain if she had missed it from her long night of studious involvement in rereading several reports from teams that had ventured closer to natural disasters than usual. It was far too lively in the guild for it to still be dark out.

Poking her head out of one of the halls in the guild that branched off from the main hall, she was rather surprised by the development. The majority of the guild seemed to be assembling for something. She had, of course, gotten no word of any such meeting. She huffed quietly, before slipping into the hall and closing the door behind her. The hall seemed to never meetings so that one was happening now meant something important was coming up.

As a member of the guilds science department, she, of course, had to be a part of it, especially if it was the call to arms against the disasters ruining their world.

Aggron sighed, he was nearly out of the front door when he got the message about the meeting. Aggron doesn't like it in the Guildhall, he loves the guild but he would rather be in the open and do stuff then stay in a building and talk, but maybe it's about a big mission.

He walks past a few of the louder groups and occasionally talked with a few, he was quite known in the guild, helping the younger members or other groups when they needed some additional muscles.

He walked into the main room of the guild and raised one of his hands. "Morning everybody." His voice was loud and deep but not in anyway threatening.

"Morning Aggron!" Valiance called, along with Sparx and Prickles, who greeted him as well.

That was when the door to the Guildmaster's room opened, and the entire hall fell quiet. The Guildmaster, a Nidoqueen, and her second-in-command, a Persian, stepped out. Her usual cheery demeanor was gone, causing Valiance and some of the other Pokemon in the hall to be on edge.

"Good morning everyone, thank you for coming, even though it is early," The Guildmaster looked down as she continued, "You all know the state that the world is in, and how long it has been this way. I suppose even the phrase "good morning" has become somewhat meaningless, has it not?" She sighed, "I digress. Please, I want you all to listen carefully. I know all of you are strong, capable Pokemon, and I consider you all to be my friends," she lifted her gaze and let it travel over all of them, letting it linger on those who had been with the guild longest. "That is why what I am about to suggest hurts me so much."

The Pokemon in the hall had begun to murmur to one another, wondering what she could be talking about, and more than a few Pokemon shared frightened glances toward their teammates and friends.

"My friends, the world depends on us," The Guildmaster continued once the talking had quieted down, "That is why... that is why I have decided that we need to do something about this. I ask- no, I beg you, to please consider joining me on a mission to go and stop the Legends from clashing."

This time, the hall erupted in surprised gasps, but the Guildmaster raised a hand for silence so that she could continue.

"This mission will be the most dangerous one I have given since I became Guildmaster. It may be the most dangerous in the history of this guild. Please, my friends, consider this: we may be the only ones who can stop this. I will not make any of you go though; we may not come back from this mission. You may have twenty-four hours to make your decision, and after that time, any of you who chooses to go will meet with me here. You are dismissed." The Guildmaster turned around and walked back into her room, and as she did, Valiance noticed a tear fall down her cheek.

Sitting outside of the Guildhall on a boulder Fort observed a sparring match between a young Cubone and Farfetch'd, silently scrutinizing his pupils for any mistakes or flaws. After a brief struggle, the Cubone was knocked to the ground and they both quickly look to Fort for validation. After a few more moments of silence Fort says to his students "Terrible performance from both of you. Cubone, your footwork was sloppy leaving you defenseless and Farfetch'd your form was terrible, your strikes had no power." Before he could further destroy his student's confidence Fort noticed a lot of pokemon moving towards the main hall and realized that there must be a meeting happening, silently moving towards the Guildhall he looks to his pupils "You're not allowed to leave until you have 5 more bouts" his pupils groan in unison which is followed by a strict "You'll thank me later, also take note of what you do wrong." As he enters the hall they respond with a weary "Yes Master Fortitude" and continue to spar.

Even for an aged and experienced guild member, the idea of going up against the legends themselves was...less than promising. At best, they'd be blown away, at worst, trampled underfoot. Joan gave an audible gulp, looking over towards the semi-retired leader of the team. "So...what's the plan? We....we've done a ton of missions before yea but...going up against legends? That's...a bit above us, isn't it?". The old sword was silent for a moment, before spinning in place and pulling his shield from in front of him, holding it in one ribbon like arm. "Verily, a dangerous path ahead of us, but consider this my friend! If we do not take up arms in the protection of our world, who then will? Though knowest as well as I do that something must be done, we have sat idely by in trying times long enough!"

The kabutops remained silent for a while, before relenting and nodding. "I'll...go talk to joan then. He was practically comatose this morning, there was no waking him...I'll try again though. If you're going to shake the rust off of you, we may as well step up as well.". The blade raised it's shield in acknowledgement to his companion. "Go forth and do so, and do so in good spirit! The younger members will need guidance and words of wisdom, and I have long held place as one to answer questions! And until we leave forth on our quest, it would besmirch my name to suddenly cease my help that I have given for so long!". Watching the kabutops head off, the blade placed the shield back into position in front of himself, hovering over against a wall in silence. He was hard to miss, and should someone need to speak with him, he knew he had a duty to help and speak.

Aggron listened to the guildmaster and his face turned from happy, to concerned and then into a mixture of eagerness and aggressivness, he laughed and raised a fist into the air. "Beating up the legendary, why are we standing around? We will teach them what it means to mess with our people and I hope none of you backs out, would be a shame to have the fun to myself!"

His thundering laugh fills the room but he quickly stopped after he saw the concerned and frightened faces. "Well, this can only get better, they act like we are already dead." he mutters silently.

Man, did he miss his friends.

Ever since Dagi and Bess left for home, he had been having an even harder and harder time waking up without one of them smacking him the face with their tails. Man, he never thought in a million years he would miss THAT.

The massive Garchomp ducked his way out of his roof and looked around the hall, before moving out into the hallway, his hulking form dwarfing most everyone else around him.

When he came to the Main Hall, he tiptoed around all the smaller mons, grabbing onto his tail and holding it close to his body so as to not whack anyone while he scooted by muttering apologies as he went.

When he found his place into the room, he looked around and hoped that nobody as noticed he was late.

Zym rushed over to the Guild hall as fast as she possibly could, even using some psychic power to give her rush an extra 'oomph'. She silently cursed herself for choosing a day with an early guild meeting to sleep in. She stopped right before the doorway to rub any remaining sleep out of her eyes and give herself a few good slaps to wake herself up. Now was not the time to feel sleepy, for all she knew the guilds leader was going to announce doomsday and she would have to start running from impending doom! ...okay that wasn't very likely, but still!

She slowing creaked the door open, wincing as it obnoxiously squealed with her push. She slipped inside and took a seat in the back. She felt a wave of relief wash over her when no one immediately called her out, which quickly vanished as she caught the tail end of Aggron's comment. Wait, what was that about fighting legendaries?

Fort listened to his Guild Leader with silent anxiety, his shoulders tense he slowly ground his club into the floor. Thoughts of the destructive power of the legends began to run through his head. Before these thoughts could consume and discourage him, he quickly slapped his tail into the ground to snap out of it. "Calm down, what would your students think if they saw you?" Back to his usual stoic self Fort scanned the room seeing a mix of nervous and horrified expressions with the odd glint of excitement every now and then. Thinking about what the master said Fort muttered: "Well it's not like we'll actually have to fight all of them, we just need to keep them from fighting each other." Hearing the door creak behind him Fort turned to see an Elgym enter with a confused look on her face and gave a gruff explanation"The guild master has asked for volunteers to deal with the legends problem."

Valiance lashed her pointed tail and stood up straighter, resolution gleaming in her eyes.

"You're not thinking of going, are you?" Prickles asked nervously, her voice shaking.

Valiance whirled around and faced her friend, "you aren't going?!" she yelped with a mixture of surprise and anger.

"Valiance, my family lives here, I-I can't leave them. If I go, and-and something happens here..." Prickles paused and sniffled a bit, "If I left, I would never stop worrying about them. I can't go Valiance, I'm sorry!" Prickles's voice rose into what was almost a wail. Sparx pushed past Valiance and gave her a look that said 'don't'. He knew she had a horrible temper and would probably make Prickles feel even worse.

Sparx walked around Prickles's back and curled his tail around her, "It's okay Prickles, we understand," he gave Valiance another look.

Valiance lashed her tail again, clenched her jaw, and dug her claws into the ground, "fine," her voice held an edge to it that showed just how much it took for her to restrain her fury. With tension throughout her whole body, she turned to Sparx, "what about you?"

"I don't know yet, Valiance," his voice was level and quiet.

Valiance nodded tensely and walked away from them both, as she didn't want to blow up and scare Prickles even more. She saw Lance and walked up to him, he usually had some sort of advice. "Hello Lance," she said, but didn't meet his gaze.

The old sword seemed to levitate a little higher, if only for a moment, his own way of nodding his head...since he lacked an actual neck and head. "Greetings, fair valience! How may I assist you madame? In times such as these, it is my duty to speak to and be spoken too. For how else will nerves be settled and worries put to ease?". The singular eye at the hilt of his body darted down to try to meet her eyes, only to find she wouldn't. "Something troubles you? Lest my mind has begun to fail, I do not recall you ever avoiding the chance to meet another's gaze...Perchance it is the situation at hand, that plagues thee mind? If that be the case, speak openly and with certainty! And if that is not the case....speak openly and with certainty all the same!"

Quill's eyes widened, and he looked around after hearing the announcement. Was this really happening? Was he really being given a chance to avenge the people from his village who died, being washed away by Kyogre's rain? He heard Aggron's comment, and couldn't help cheer out, "HECK YEAH WE WILL!" in response.

Quill knew this was what he wanted. He had no jobs currently, and therefor had no excuse not to. He was trained for this!

But... he couldn't do it alone. And there were a lot of nervous faces around. He hoped someone convinced them. But for now, to sit and wait for tomorrow.

“Lance, you know Prickles, right? The Maractus on my team?” Valiance sighed a bit before continuing, “she said she won’t join the mission because her family lives here. I-I can’t help but be angry with her,” she shook her head with a small growl and finally looked up at Lance, “I know I’m being unreasonable, I really do. I just can’t help it,” She flicked her tail. Her anger wasn’t just towards Prickles now, it was towards herself.

The blade hovered up a bit higher again, before leveling out. "Know her? Yes, indeed I do, a good pokemon that one." As valiance continued to explain the situation, he repeated the small floating motion. "Ah, I see! If you'll allow me, let me impart some wisdom upon thee. Consider this...if every one of us went out on this quest, and left hearth and home undefended, what then? No garrison would be stationed to protect ones dear to us here! Likewise, if no one is to leave upon this journey, then no progress is made and we are all the worse for it! Verily, it is important to balance ourselves in this matter. I can understand your anger madam, but there is no reason to be angry at anyone, including thyself."

Spinning in a twister motion, he unhooked his shield from in front of him to hold it in a ribbon like arm, using the shield to motion towards the pokemon currently speaking amongst themselves in soft muttering, once he stopped spinning of course. "All of these are friends and family to us, and even a family must separate for a time when the need is dire! I would guess that only the most experienced members here will go out, mingled with some of the younger and most determined members...but many will stay behind to guard what they love and hold dear. For a long time, I have been stationed in this guild, and I have seen members come and go...but the bonds we form are unbreakable and stronger than steel. It will take more than a squabbling amongst the legends to seperate us...let alone a little anger.". Snapping his shield back into place, his eye leveled with Valiance. "Does this make sense to thee?"

“Yeah, thanks Lance,” Valiance was noticeably happier, “you’re right, we can’t just leave the guild defenseless,” she tilted her head thoughtfully for a moment, “and the ones to stay may as well be the ones with reasons to stay,” she paused, “Thanks again, Lance, I'm going to go talk to her” she nodded to him before walking off.

Sparx and Prickles weren't where Valiance had left them, so she assumed they were in their quarters. She padded over looked through the entrance, "guys? Can I come in?" Sparx looked up and nodded while Prickles looked a bit more nervous, causing Valiance to flinch slightly as she walked in. "I wanted to say I'm sorry for acting the way I did. I know why you want to stay, and I understand why," Valiance always hated apologizing. She hated admitting when she was wrong, but she knew she had to do it. I may never see them again, the thought flew into her mind unannounced, and she immediately rushed forward and wrapped a foreleg around Prickles's back in what was as close to a hug as she could get whilst being on all fours. Some of Prickles's, well, prickles poked into her, but right now even the thought losing them was more painful than any injury.

Prickles was visibly surprised for a moment, but returned the hug more softly. She didn't have to ask what Valiance was thinking, and neither did Sparx, who came over and pressed against Valiance, twining his tail with hers and resting his chin on Prickles's shoulder.

Zym weighed her options. While she had missed the first part of the meeting, she was pretty sure the guild master was requesting for a few 'mons to go out and try to talk down the legendaries. Now, while she probably knew about half as much about the legendaries as anyone else, but even she understood they were a real big deal. On one hand, maybe it would be smarter to stand back and let the older, more experience pokemon go out and talk to the gods. But on the other hand, there was no way Zym would sleep at night knowing that the fate of the world was in the hands of someone she couldn't see or help. Besides, she was literally being asked to go on a proper adventure! One to see the legendaries! There was no possible way she could pass on this. She'd trained, she was sure she could handle it.

Aggron looked around and saw more and more scared mons and he got a little mad. "OK, you know what, if even one of you have the guts to try to achieve something impossible, then meet me outside, maybe we could try to come up with a plan how to fight those things or we could train a little."

He turns around and walks past Quill and nods to him with a smile and as he passed Lance he asked him. "So, wise old man, are you gonna come out too and enlighten us with your wisdom?" Aggron had a big smile on his face while he looked at the floating sword.

Hovering up a bit in his own 'nod' fashion as Valiance thanked him and left, he went back to 'standing' at attention to help those who needed to speak with him, needed counsel, or just needed aid in general. Internally, he analyzed the situation to himself. They would be going up against legends, which would be no minor feat...it would be best to simply stop their fighting, instead of taking them head on. He had his fair share of journies and stories, perhaps more than others...which meant he knew all too well of stories and ancient examples of these powerful pokemon.

Hearing the aggron, his eye shot in his direction, before he did his 'nod'. Once again, a spin as he unclasp his shield, this time holding it up overhead. "Forsooth! If success is to be attained, we must gather knowledge from every facet! I will gladly join you outside to assist as I can. It is best I do this for mine own benefit as well, work the rust from myself! Be it by word or combat, I will tell or show what I can. I must admit, thine enthusiasm is healthy, but temper it with caution mine friend! This journey will be the hardest this guild has undertaken since mine joining...and perhaps before.". Lowering his shield, he gave his nod, prepared to head outside.

“Well, I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m going. Need as many mons as possible, right?” Mars spoke up, finally drawing attention to himself, the tall dragon looking over the group of Pokémon gathered around the Guild Hall. He blinked his yellow eyes and let the tail he had previously been holding fall back to its natural position, just trying to look less awkward. “So why not throw the biggest guy we have at a couple legendaries? Hehe...”

“Besides, if someone doesn’t do something, there won’t be a world left to live in anyway.” He reasoned, more to himself than anyone else. He was hoping there would be more Pokémon to volunteer, because even with a large group, such a task would be difficult. Smaller numbers will only make it worse.

“Just let me leave a note for my teammates when they get back, you know? And... I’ll go get ready.”

DragonPaws4 DragonPaws4

~~Twenty-Four Hours Later~~

The Guildmaster stood in front of the door to her room, head raised as she tried to put on her bravest face. Standing next to her was Persian, her second-in-command and closest friend, who knew perfectly well how terrified Nidoqueen was.

"Are you ready for this?" Persian asked softly.

"Yes," Nidoqueen's reply came quietly, but with resolution. Persian nodded wordlessly and let out a yowl: the signal for the meeting to begin.

Valiance had slept poorly that night, and Persian's yowl awoke her straight away. She blinked the sleep out of her eyes and saw that Sparx was still asleep. She nudged him saying, "it's my turn to wake you up, you big lug," she chuckled slightly in spite of the situation at hand. Sparx, to his merit, stood up with less complaining than Valiance had the morning prior.

As she moved to wake Prickles up, Valiance heard a small, "I'm awake," from her friend, who got up and followed the others out of the room and into the main hall.

Valiance turned to Sparx before they made it into the open space, "have you decided whether you're going or not?"

Sparx nodded, but waited a moment before replying, "I'm going with you, I'm sorry Prickles, but I think I can do the most good on this mission."

Prickles looked down, but nodded, "It's okay Sparx. I... I'm going to miss you. Both of you," they both knew what Prickles meant. There was a good chance that neither of them would come back from this mission and that this would be the last time their team would ever be together. The three gazed at one another before stepping into the main hall the same way they had been since they met: together.

Quill slept... and slept soundly...

He heard Persian's yowl, and it shocked him awake. He blinked, then groaned and got up. It was time for the people who were leaving to meet. Quill rolled out of his little nest, grabbing his satchel and double checking everything was in it.

Quiver full of extra arrow quills, check.
Dried and preserved assorted berries, check.
Heart scale good luck charm, check.
Jar of honey, check.
Bandages, check.

It appeared that everything was there. Quill knew, he knew, that if he encountered Kyogre or Lunala on this trip. Nothing would stop him from attacking. He didn't care if it was suicide. They would pay. With that thought, Quill walked out of his room into the main room, and stood tall and proud.

Adagio and Bess,

You’ve probably noticed that the guild is kind of empty. And you’ve probably already asked questions, and you probably already have all your answers.
Yes, I’ve gone on a stupidly dangerous mission with others from the guild and I can imagine that you’re incredibly upset with me. I get that.
But someone had to do it. If I didn’t, then who would? Someone has to do something, because if we don’t try, there won’t be a world to live in anyway. Not any place you can raise a kid, certainly.
So, I’m sorry. I’ll miss you guys. You two are my very best friends, and if this is the last you’ll ever hear from me, then I want you guys to know that I love you both.
And if by some miracle I survive... then Bess, you still owe me that 2,900 Poké from that bet. You know what I’m talking about. Cough it up, lady.

<3
Mars

Note written, Mars gathered all his junk into the Treasure bag his team had been provided, hung it around his neck cause there was no way he could get it to sling over his shoulder like a normal mon would, and he made his way to the gathering in the main hall.

“... well. Good morning, everyone...”
He muttered, looking over the solemn group before him.

DragonPaws4 DragonPaws4 Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back