• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Fool's Gold - OOC

velleity

Wishing on Words
el-tercer-hombre.normal.png

__________________________________________________________________​

This is the place for all story- and character-related questions and suggestions, as well as a general get-to-know-each-other thread.
Have fun and be nice!

Hmm...Just Absol for me at the moment, if that's alright. Unless I can think of another potential character idea.

I think I’ll be taking Xatu and Rottom for right now, but may be subject to change. I am curious, what are the rules for abilities like Ditto’s transform or Wishiwashi’s schooling? Or Pokémon who have two in their design, like Kangaskhan or Vanilluxe? Would that count as the other character? Thanks for your patience :)

Edit: A little more specified and claimed another

Last edited:
I can't enough of Colosseum's soundtrack, that's for certain.
I KNOOWW. It's the only game soundtrack that I've actually listened to and enjoyed!

I think I’ll be taking Xatu and Rottom for right now, but may be subject to change. I am curious, what are the rules for abilities like Ditto’s transform or Wishiwashi’s schooling? Or Pokémon who have two in their design, like Kangaskhan or Vanilluxe? Would that count as the other character? Thanks for your patience :)

I'll add those two as claimed!
Ahh, these are issues I hadn't even thought of! Hm. I suppose a Ditto M3 could work, but their newfound powers would have to be severely limited. As for Wishiwashi, they would be unable to school as an M3. They may have some physical characteristics and skills of a Wishiwashi, but they are not a true Wishiwashi. That is to say, they aren't the real thing and other Wishiwashi can probably tell, so they wouldn't want to to school with an outsider. I hope that makes sense----
If someone chose Kangaskhan, they can still be a Kangaskhan, just without the pouch baby. The second body is separate entity altogether, so it wouldn't be included in the transformation. Vanilluxe would likely only work on conjoined twins, considering it's own design, so I suppose yes, that particular M3 would count as two characters.

The biology behind this entire concept is very, very loose, obviously, but one must still consider the science behind it. The researchers conducting Project M3 want it to be successful, so they want both the humans and Pokemon subjects to be compatible. They won't pair randomly and risk losing subjects. For example, if one of the babies (one of the future M3s), showed quick brain growth and strong mental development, they would likely prep that baby for receiving Psychic-type DNA.
If one can't easily come up with loose hut believable scientific reasoning for why an M3 is the way that it is, then one should reconsider their gijinka choice.

Ahhhh that was a lot of information. I hope that helps??

Sidenote: if anyone is waiting for me to post my own character sheets as a reference, I am terribly sorry about the delay! I'm a little busy at the moment with work and I probably jumped the gun a bit when people showed interest. But I will hopefully have them up by Monday night!

Wonderful, I'm glad it helped. :csmile:

Perhaps! I've never seen or read The Godfather though, so tell me more about your potential character, please.
Well, like Don Corleone, my guys is the head of one of the biggest Crime Families in the Region, The Coreila's. Don Coreila himself, is a ruthless gangster with a huge sense of honor who controls half of the Region's black market and seeks to expand it further. But, he is also a dedicated family man with two daughters whom he is extremely protective over. In fact, it is considered a huge insult to him if you even think about hurting one of his daughters, and no one wants to piss off the Don. He could be both an ally or antagonist depending on what the PCs do when they encounter him or one of his men.

Also, i am tempted to ask if you can make one of his daughters a NPC that becomes a Gijinka after she volunteers for the program behind her overprotective father's back.

Well, like Don Corleone, my guys is the head of one of the biggest Crime Families in the Region, The Coreila's. Don Coreila himself, is a ruthless gangster with a huge sense of honor who controls half of the Region's black market and seeks to expand it further. But, he is also a dedicated family man with two daughters whom he is extremely protective over. In fact, it is considered a huge insult to him if you even think about hurting one of his daughters, and no one wants to piss off the Don. He could be both an ally or antagonist depending on what the PCs do when they encounter him or one of his men.

Also, i am tempted to ask if you can make one of his daughters a NPC that becomes a Gijinka after she volunteers for the program behind her overprotective father's back.
Ahh, okay, I see what you're saying now! Having one guy's family with control of half the black market of the Orre region is a bit too much. He can still be a big name, just take it down to about one-fourth or one-third or so. Remember, this is a region overflowing with chaos, crime, and competition. There's very little organized crime.

Alao, the characters would have to work the other way around. The daughter would be the player character and the Don would be the NPC. The gijinkas and their creators are the main focus of this story, not humans. He would be a minor character. The daughter would also have to be adopted, as all successful M3s were the orphaned babies that were originally tested on until they were stolen away.

If you're okay with flipping the importance of the Don and the daughter, the general idea you have can work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back