• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

NeonRain

Galactic Princess
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
As dawn breaks the mist of the night begins to settle across the land, nestling into the blades of grass and collecting together and forming beads of dew that drip off into the dirt below. A steady tune of nocturnal pokemon begins to fade as the chirping and bustle from the daily dwellers begins to start the cycle once more. As the sun begins to creep into the sky it sends an array of warm colors across the land, stretching the waves of life-giving heat over everything it touches and gets to work on drying the morning dew. With the sun peeking over the horizon the moon begins to fade from the sky, retiring for now. Taking in a deep breath thin fingers clutch the railing at the top of the lighthouse once more, with eyes closed a short young girl listened as the morning tide rolled in. The call of seafaring pokemon burst to life miles from the safety of Grimbsy Bay, the safety of the laboratory lighthouse she knew as home. For twelve years she was either in the lighthouse being homes schooled, or, following her father around the region as he went town to town to help other people with whatever they needed, and to study pokemon. It was easy to say that she would change her life if she could, that she would rather go to a public school and not be watched so closely, but she didn't know anything but this life. The life of someone so sheltered by her loving parents she was both excited, and terribly terrified for what was to come within the hour. It would be the first time in her life that Guinevere was allowed to have her own pokemon and not only that but leave the lighthouse unsupervised. Her parents wouldn't be with her on her quest, and she wasn't sure if any of the other kids coming to become trainers would want to have her tag along with them. She supposed she'd be an asset to them in some way, she was the Professor's daughter, but, she had never really hung around any other kids her age.

"Guinevere! Come down here an help me set up please~"
Opening her eyes the brunette looked out at the ocean for a moment. She loved the ocean, it felt like a sort of escape to her. "Guinevere?" Her father called again and the girl sighed before heading back inside the lighthouse tower. "Coming!" Hurrying down the stairs she passed through the area that led to her room, just below the top level where the light went, ya know, the part that makes it a lighthouse. The room below hers was her parent's bedroom, and below that was a room that was refashioned into a kitchen dining room combo. The part that was usually the actual house part, was actually fashioned into a lab for the convenience of the Professor, specifically Professor Caspian Socotra. "Sorry Papa, I was looking at the ocean again." She smiled softly and loved over to where her father was. "No harm done. The others should be arriving shortly. Are you sure you want to wait for everyone else to pick first?" He asked softly and the girl thought it over once more briefly but nodded. She already knew that anyone would assume her to have the upper hand in picking a pokemon, it was supposed to be a first come first serve kind of thing, but, the last thing she wanted to do was take any advantages her parents might give her. She didn't want to step on any toes, and she didn't want to advance unfairly. The brunette then went about aiding her father in setting up the table with the four pokeballs with the starters waiting, she also helped in getting the pokedex's around for the other three, she had gotten her's when she was a bit younger and already had a few entries in it, though, nowhere near enough to fill it out completely. It was the one advantage she would allow herself to keep, mostly because she had already decorated it, several times. Currently, the Pokedex was painted black with a white outline around a blue painted symbol, it was for Team Aqua... she might be just a little bit of a fangirl. Just a wee bit. Both of her parents have attempted to get her to get out of her odd phase of crushing on just about any guy she decides to that somehow happens to be the worst choice ever, they were still somewhat relieved that the thought of meeting said idol, scared the crap out of Guinevere and she couldn't possibly stomach such a thing. Now, all she had left to do, was wait.

Currently sitting down at a nicely made wooden table was Lotus, she was sitting and negotiating a deal with someone who had them steal specific pokemon. Of course, this was a contracted deal that was passed to them by the head honcho himself, and this them was, of course, Lotus's squad for Team Rocket. Her squad was supposed to the only one in this region, so of course, they had to take this contact, which means they got a pretty cut from the deal and the rest went to the boss. Lotus always dealt with the exchange of the pokemon for the cash with her companions on either side of her, she did all the talking though. Not because she didn't trust them, it was because there wasn't much talking to do in the first place. She kept her companions at the table for the exchange simply because being alone on one of these deals wasn't wise. After the money was shown to be in full Lotus handed over the two pokeballs containing the pokemon he had requested. "Team Rocket is happy to do business with you, sir." She stated while standing and handing the briefcase to Kanni before shaking the man's hand. "Always a pleasure." He stated with a cigar stuck between his lips, he then let go of the woman's hand as waved before walking out. Lotus's fake smile soured to a sneer as soon as the man had his back turned, and she started to while her glove off on her shirt. She did truly dislike people, and those with anything she deemed as a bad habit or something that made them seem unclean, made her hate people more. She motioned her teammates to follow out a different door and out a back way to the building.

It took a few minutes but they were finally far enough away she was comfortable enough to speak without being worried they had been followed for some sort of sick double-crossing. "Another deed done. Lets split up the cash, 2 thousand for each of us and the rest gets sent to the boss. He's having one of the agents from headquarters pick it up at midnight." She stated with a small, genuine smile. It was true she hated people, it was a big part about her, but after she warms up to people, like the two in her team, she could soften a bit and be fairly friendly. She was already more friendly than most squad leaders, she preferred to split their part of the earnings evenly between the three of them, rather than taking the bulk of the cash and making them split the rest. To her, if you didn't trust and value those you worked with every day, then there was no reason to work with them. For now, she trusted her squad and saw no reason not to, at least there has never been a reason revealed to her to do anything but trust them, and so she has tested them with the respect she never shows to just about everyone else. "Anyone feel like dining out for victory?" The small smile was turning into a bubbly grin of sorts, she likes to spend time with these two, but she would accept if they preferred to hang back in their little hideout... which right now was just a hotel room for three.​

The crack of the sun coats the land as it rises once more, and to many, it would be smiling - though not everyone would see it that way, for their own reasons. Those people are modestly hidden for the most part, but still inside the walls of the world - and everything else inside of it. Out in the open of Grimsby Bay, Rhoe was aptly minding his own business just out there in the warmth of the world - laying face-up in the grass and just relaxing. As he stared to the sky before his eyes, the endless azure void that hid the pitch black 'grasp' of space endlessly stared back at him, beyond his comprehension and far, far out of his reach. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary for but a humble young boy, perhaps, but if anything, it allowed him to immerse himself in the world and just forget everything around him. Continuously and often slowly, Rhoe would try to rise to his feet off of the verdant plains - the field he laid in, and to which he would succeed, now atop both of his feet and stretching. "Man, I wish these days would pass faster... And give more to the life inside those days - something to do with all of this time would be great." He mused to himself aloud, thinking on what there 'was' to do in such a small area. And then he realised what day it was, and what was to be happening, to which his mind shifted into overdrive. "...Oh snap, I completely forgot!" Rhoe exclaimed to himself aloud, covering his mouth in surprise and suppressing his shock to mere internal 'squeaking' noises. What was happening today, one might ask? The day has come to start an adventure that will either last one's lifetime, or may not even finish!

With the realisation fresh in his mind, Rhoe sprinted off home to first prepare himself for the day ahead of him, immediately sentencing himself to his room and searched for what he 'wanted' to take. "Right, where are they..." He thought to himself aloud as he explored his shelves and drawers, eventually arming himself with a bag to stow that which he wanted in and took it with him - of course, he filled it before he did anything. Then, after 'dressing himself' appropriately and making sure everything was in order, Rhoe took off once more, this time to the home of Professor Caspian Socotra, and in turn, meet up with him and his daughter, two of the individuals Rhoe had no will to even interact with before, 'until' today came that is. As one would expect, Rhoe's pace would take him quickly from the comfort of his home to the laboratory's doorstep and whistled upon arrival, stopping in his steps and spinning on one foot as if to entertain himself - he literally cannot stay still today, let him have this moment. Gathering his courage and energy one more time so he can even think of doing such a task, Rhoe's gut feelings are telling him to first make his presence known and accounted for - like a warning! Ergo, Rhoe did the simplest and first thing he could think of... Knocking on the door, of course! "Hey, anyone in there? The day has come and I can hardly stay still!" He remarked and called out from the other side of the door after his knocking on the said door.

This is the start of an experience someone would be blessed to look back on and remember it, but the best part is, it hasn't even begun yet.

Keelan was standing beside their window. They had been all night, actually. How could they POSSIBLY sleep when there was such a big day coming up? They were about to get their first Pokemon! Who could sleep knowing the next day would change their life forever? They tapped their foot impatiently. What if the Pokemon they wanted was taken before they got their? The prof's daughter was starting her journey today, too. She would obviously get first pick. But then again, Flarret never really seemed like her style. But then again again, maybe she actually wanted something with more personality? What if they were somehow the last one there? What were they going to do if they ended up with Sharmus? Keelan had been thinking these thoughts and similar through the night, all the while fidgeting with their mom's calligraphy pen which they had nicked from the downstairs office. What they really wanted to do was sneak outside and just wait right by the door for the laboratory to open. Trouble with that was, Officer Jenny would probably just make them go right back home. The people of Grimsby Bay didn't normally have a curfew, but, well...Keelan had built up something of a reputation for themselves over the years in such a manner that no one would be especially surprised by them picking Flarret. If they got there quickly enough.

As soon as the first hind of the golden sun shone its way across the horizon, Keelan decided they had waited long enough. They raced down the stairs and nearly crashed into their mother, who was waiting expectantly with a smile on her face. "My baby's finally going out into the world! I know this is silly to ask, but are you sure you're ready? Do you have everything you need?"

Keelan beamed right back. "I'm gonna be just fine ma! Just watch, I'll be back before you know it with a champion's badge and a team so strong no one can beat me! You're gonna be so proud!" They eyed the plate full of pancakes that looked freshly made, their eyes betraying a glimmer of sadness; for the first time, they considered how long it would be until they would taste their mom's cooking again. Then they shook their head. Nothing was going to get in their way today. They slathered one of the pancakes with butter and wolfed it down with three chews. "Delicious! Thanks mom, I love you!"

As they began to sprint out the door, their mom shouted after them, "Keelan! Pen!" and held her hand out. Keelan sheepishly walked back over, placed the pen in her hand, and planted a kiss on her cheek. "Thought I'd take something for you to remember me by?" "Not a chance. Now go get them, and please try your best to stay out of trouble." Their mom smiled, shook her head, then watched her child walk out of the door for the last time before they became an adult.

Over their twelve years of living in Grimsby Bay, Keelan had gotten more than well-acquainted with the town. They had a complete mental map of the town (including most of the interiors of the houses), so they knew exactly where to go. To their surprise, however, they were not the first one to arrive at the lab. "Rhoe!" They exclaimed, "when do you think they're gonna let us in? It's gotta be soon, right?

Rhoe would be minding his own business for a short period of time after his arrival when another would join him at the door, starting with a call to get his attention. "Rhoe!" They called to him, loud enough so that Rhoe gasped and looked to the source and smiled, waving back as they would approach. "Oh, hey! Keelan, nice to see you came for this too!" Rhoe said brightly and joyfully, holding a smile on his face for a while and then Keelan would continue. "When do you think they're gonna let us in? It's gotta be soon, right?" Keelan had asked, to which Rhoe shrugged. "Beats me, if I'm honest. Who knows how long it takes for them all to be ready in there, though the waiting is sooo annoying - I trust you at least can back me up on that." He joked with a modest tone and tried to laugh it off, smiling. "Not going to lie though, I'm so freaking pumped for this! Been waiting for this oh so long and it's finally arrived - I hope you understand, because I cannot contain my enthusiasm right now. It's literally too much." Rhoe continued to joke and then shrugged after he had spoken, and then 'finally' opting to breathe in, only to continue shortly after.

"...Hey, speaking of, the choice is a pretty big one. You set on what you gonna pick up and set off with?" He questioned curiously, with Rhoe whistling and glancing around as the natural world did its thing around the two of them who lurked at the lab's door. "You know, just to pass the time, we should probably - I dunno, keep talking and just see how quickly we can get sidetracked from what we're 'actually' doing here." Rhoe suggested, though seemed aptly indifferent while awaiting a response from Keelan, hoping that he would be 'refunded' responses he had 'asked' for. It wasn't a 'big' idea perhaps, but it will not only keep them busy, but get their brains working until the time comes for them to 'finally' go through the door! They're just waiting on one more, ideally, 'and' for the preparations on the other side to be done... Whichever comes first, though ideally both. The better question is - who is missing? Rhoe seemed to be visibly thinking about it, though he couldn't confirm who it 'could' be...

Whoa. This kid has a lot of energy. Then again, he always has. Makes for good conversations...and good diversions when it's needed. Keelan considered him a friend, as much as he could, anyway; there weren't a lot of kids their age around Grimsby Bay. That was, after all, one of the main reasons why they were leaving this salty old town. "...Hey, speaking of, the choice is a pretty big one. You set on what you gonna pick up and set off with?"

"I am, actually. The professor has let me hang out with the Flarret a few times, and we've really hit it off. I wouldn't be devastated or anything if someone else picked him, you got here first and all, but I'm really just excited to have a new partner." This wasn't quite the whole truth. For one, Keelan would be wrecked if they didn't get to pick Flarret. They loved that little guy like a brother at this point, and the thought of going with any other Pokemon almost made them sick to their stomach. For two, the professor did not exactly "let" Keelan hang out with the Flarret, nor did he exactly "know" that Keelan had interacted with the Pokemon before. There had been a few loans where Keelan had taken him out to play, but the two had always returned to the lab before anyone noticed anything amiss. That's what really matters, right? Just a little harmless fun.

"What about you? Is there a Pokemon you have your eye on?" The way Keelan saw it, Rhoe could go any which way. The boy was pretty dang unpredictable in his daily life, which would almost definitely translate to both choosing a team and Pokemon battles. Speaking of... "Whatever you pick, I'd love to battle with you once we get our new partners!"

It took a moment for everything to be sat up, and though the knock to the door had come, it was not answered for several minutes. Making sure the balls were positioned properly and that they were undamaged and wouldn't malfunction, Guinevere was instructed to complete booting up and making sure the pokedexes weren't going to malfunction for the new trainers. Caspian made his way over to the lab door and opened it, he was a few inches too tall to fit the frame, so he had to hunch himself some as he peered down at the two young trainers, the gold half-heart necklace dangling off his neck. "Good morning! I see at least two of you have come on time." The professor grinned warmly and stepped aside from the doorframe before gesturing for them to come in, he closes the door as to keep the few straggling pokemon that were about from leaving the lab, there was an Eevee with a hat that looked like it was grooming itself, and an Ivysaur that was busy eating some food with a Floatzel. "It's always grand to meet new trainers, and I'm sure you know who I am!" He sure was loud, his grin never left and his voice was boisterous and seemed to amplify as it echoed off the walls of the lab, aside from his daughter, there was only one other lab worker in the room with him almost all the time. Leading the two over to the table there were four balls lined up.

"I hate to bore you youngins with a speech but it's mandatory I do so, so let's just run through this quickly," Capsian paused and put his hands on his hips. "This world and every region are inhabited by pokemon far and wide of many shapes, sizes, colors, and abilities. They are all dangerous and can be difficult to befriend but with time and practice and your own experience with handing them you can become a great pokemon trainer or you can simply keep a few pokemon as companions and go about regular life." Guinivere rolled her eyes some in the background, clearly, none of them would be here if they were shooting for some office job. Taking a deep breath Caspian smiled and rubbed his nose. "Alright, now that that's over, you boys are free to pick your first pokemon, Guinevere will help you set up for dex so it has your information in it, and she'll give you five empty pokeballs each so you can start your adventure." The man stated as calmly as possible and plopped a heavy hand on top of the girl's head, she gave a bashful and clearly uncomfortable smile as she held out three pokedexes for emphasis, a red one, a green one and a blue one. "Our colors are limited, but if you want designs on them stickers are fun... or I could... paint something for you. I did that with my own." Guinevere was clearly trying to be friendly, and though her voice was shaking, she was attempting to not sound like she'd start crying any moment now from being so awkward.​

Last edited:
Kanerva was always present during these deals as well as the third, and notably more quiet member of their team. Lotus and herself handled most of everything but Kanni always let her do all the talking. She was the squad leader and she was far better at the act than she was. If the man said anything she didn't like then she wouldn't hesitate to pop him in the nose, and that was bad for business. This deal was no different, Kanni and C L Y D E were the intimidating duo in the back making sure things went smoothly and Lotus was the forerunner of negotiations. Once handed the briefcase Kanni opened it up to make sure everything was accounted for without any surprises. She was always skeptical of every client they had and it was easy to fake things when they're in control of showcasing it, the ginger would know. It was all present though and they could happily conclude their meeting with the filth.

Her eyes looked the man up and down as she held the briefcase at her side. His type made her sick, thinking they were so high and mighty just from smoking a cigar. What she wouldn't give to shove that right back down his throat but again, bad for business. Kanni snickered as Lotus wiped off her hand and the trio made their exit. They went pretty far from the location and a breath in relief washed over her. Another smooth sailing mission with a big check and a happy smile from the boss.

"I'd love to go out for a nice dinner. Maybe even buy some new outfits." She spun around slowly showing off her body. The dress blew behind her barely being held in place by the belt that loosely hung off her hips. It was a team rocket uniform meaning she had to wear one of the variants but that didn't mean she always wanted to wear it.

Last edited:
"I am, actually. The professor has let me hang out with the Flarret a few times, and we've really hit it off. I wouldn't be devastated or anything if someone else picked him, you got here first and all, but I'm really just excited to have a new partner." Keelan responded, and Rhoe nodded in response - thoroughly understanding what was put out there. He had his mind set already, and just wants to settle on a partner, but for now, that's his choice! "What about you? Is there a Pokemon you have your eye on?" Keelan had promptly put Rhoe on the spot, catching the young boy by surprise. Rhoe nervously laughed and began thinking. "Uh, to be honest, I haven't actually thought that far ahead." Rhoe modestly admitted, laughing it off and just slapping himself on the cheek for not thinking that far ahead - but at the same time, that's also a good thing. Not having any plans as to what to pick meant Rhoe would probably be willing to adapt to what he's left with, whatever it may be. "Whatever you pick, I'd love to battle with you once we get our new partners!" Rhoe heard Keelan speak this and he nodded. "Oh, absolutely! One day, we'll probably be going at it, and I darn well hope it's a good battle when we get to that point! Thinking about it is making me eager again, brr-!" Rhoe jokingly shivered, and as if to supply more shivers, he would hear calling from the other side of the door - or rather, from right next to him, the now 'open' door! Rhoe yelped and fell over as a result of how sudden it was, though he got back up in an instant.

"Good morning! I see at least two of you have come on time." And there he was, the professor, and someone with just as much energy and volume as Rhoe - if not more! Rhoe would be dusting himself off from his fall and managed a smile."It's always grand to meet new trainers, and I'm sure you know who I am!" He said proudly, and to which Rhoe responded. "Sir yes sir! It's nice to see you up and moving!" Rhoe said eagerly and positively, as the professor would lead Rhoe and Keelan over to the table there were four balls lined up. Rhoe would glance upon them and from one to the other, but before he could do anything at all, the professor would 'shoot' his hopes down. "I hate to bore you youngins with a speech but it's mandatory I do so, so let's just run through this quickly," He said as he would begin an obligatory speech, Rhoe groaning and rolling his eyes - as much as he loved stories, this is a story everyone knows and it's one of his least favourites... "Oh geez, this tale again..." Rhoe said jokingly, though aptly downed in tone as the professor would begin. "This world and every region are inhabited by pokemon far and wide of many shapes, sizes, colors, and abilities. They are all dangerous and can be difficult to befriend but with time and practice and your own experience with handing them you can become a great pokemon trainer or you can simply keep a few pokemon as companions and go about regular life."

And with the speech over, Rhoe held his breath until the professor would speak up once more, though he would notice the spoken-of Eve in the background after he brought it up. "Alright, now that that's over, you boys are free to pick your first pokemon, Guinevere will help you set up for dex so it has your information in it, and she'll give you five empty pokeballs each so you can start your adventure." He said, Rhoe sighing in relief and then glancing to Eve, who also spoke up. "Our colors are limited, but if you want designs on them stickers are fun... or I could... paint something for you. I did that with my own." Eve said as Rhoe looked to the pokedexes she was holding - a red, a green, and a blue. Rhoe could hear the nervousness in her tone and noticed her shaking, to which Rhoe shook his head. "Hey, slow down real quick - get a grip on yourself, yeah? It's nice of you to offer, don't get me wrong, but you don't have to... You sound scared sick or something, Eve..." Rhoe said honestly, and then glanced to the choices as if nothing mattered afterwards. A red one, a green one, and a blue one... He didn't even know what partner he wanted, this isn't as bad but it still kinda... well, sucks. With a confused and conflicted expression, he would reach out to the red pokedex and get a grip on it if he was able, and then that returned him to the 'original' choice. "...Aaaand now, which one do I want." He comically thought aloud.

ring! ring!

“That was fast. Do you want to come home already?”

um, no dad, but I’m a little lost.

“Sun... I walked you all the way to town, you just had to keep going.”

I know but, I saw a fruit stand and -

“Turn around.”

Sonnie crunches down on the occa berry in her hand, right into the phone speaker, which only made her father chuckle. As she followed his simple instruction, she realized the laboratory was quite literally, right behind her on the other side of the road. She worried for a moment, about how she had gone the wrong way, and then her dad spoke up again.

“Sweetheart, do you realize you’re five minutes late?”

squeeeeee! What? No!” She’d lost track of the time! She couldn’t believe it (but she honestly could)! Stuffing the berry in her mouth she grumbled a distorted goodbye to her father and sprinted for the labs front doors. Pausing, she fought to compose herself, adjusting the loose, lightly woven sunhat on her head, and huffing loudly before slowing her fist at the door, and knocking ever so appropriately.

I’m really sorry I’m late but, I’m here now. Can I still come in please? Or, I can wait, if I’m too late.” She touched her toes clad in a light pair of slip on shoes, hoping she could at least still pick out a partner Pokémon.

"It's always grand to meet new trainers, and I'm sure you know who I am!" Keelan definitely knew this man...he had gotten in more than enough trouble with him, the professor being one of the few people in Grimsby Bay with enough clout to make Keelan think about watching his step. Then again, they usually ignored that impulse whenever it made an appearance. Nevertheless, Keelan put on a huge grin and greeted him: "Good morning professor! I'm also glad to see you're well!" They also flashed a warm smile towards Eve. The professor led the two prospective trainers over to the table, where four pokeballs were arranged in a line. They were identical to the naked eye, but Keelan had spent enough time skulking around the lab that they knew which ball contained which Pokemon by heart. There in front of them was Flarret, Whispen, Spaitler, and Sharmus, in that order. Keelan inwardly sighed; of course the professor would put Flarret closest to him. He knew them a little too well. And if they knew the professor, there could only be one thing coming next...

"I hate to bore you youngins with a speech but it's mandatory I do so, so let's just run through this quickly," the professor began, eliciting a groan from both Keelan and Rhoe. Why does everyone need to hear a speech about the world having Pokemon? We all know about Pokemon! While the Professor droned on, Keelan looked for an opportunity to sneak past him and grab one of the balls, but the professor subtly blocked their way each time. Thankfully, the speech was as short as the professor said it would be, and soon the two were being offered their Pokemon and Pokedex. This was finally happening! Keelan couldn't believe it! Rhoe grabbed the red Pokedex, which was just fine by Keelan; it didn't matter much to them what color the 'Dex was as long as it worked. "I'll take the green one, if you guys don't mind," they said, grabbing it and placing it in their pocket. "...Aaaand now, which one do I want." Rhoe wondered aloud. Keelan looked around. "Um...if you guys aren't sure who you want, do you mind if I pick first? I know that isn't how it's supposed to go, but you could look at it as me narrowing down your options for you! See, aren't I nice?" Just then, everyone heard a knocking on the laboratory door, and a small voice came from outside: “I’m really sorry I’m late but, I’m here now. Can I still come in please? Or, I can wait, if I’m too late.” Keelan smirked at the opportunity this new voice caused. They slinked past the distracted professor and other students, grabbed Flarret's Pokeball, and immediately opened it. As the fire Pokemon materialized out of the harsh red light, Keelan opened their arms wide. "Bandit! We're finally partners, for real this time!" The ferret Pokemon leapt into his new trainer's arms, the latter making sure not to burn themself, and they span around before noticing that there were still other people in the room. "Um... Yeah! This is my partner!" Keelan sied sheepishly.

Professor Caspian chuckled at his daughter's nerves and Rhoe's words of reassurance. "She's just not used to people her age." He smiled and Guinevere shot him an upset look, almost pouting. "Papa!" She huffed angrily and Caspian laughed, starting to say something but re-routed what he was doing as he heard a knock at the door. He decided to brush off what the boys were doing. "Pick whatever one you want kiddos," Caspian stated as he took long strides across the floor and back to the door and opened it, with a gentle smile as he peered down at the girl. "Ah, and here you are! Don't worry, not too late to choose, come in." He stepped aside to allow the girl to come in. "Rhoe and Keelan got here first so-" "Bandit! We're finally partners, for real this time!" Caspian chuckled as he watched the young child spin the little ferret pokemon around with joy, Caspian had a feeling Keelan was going to pick a pokemon notorious for stealing... Arceus have mercy on whoever they decide to target with sticky paws and fingers. "Um... Yeah! This is my partner!" With that Caspian gestured some. "Guinevere will give you your Pokedex, and then you can go ahead and pick after Rhoe picks his."

With that Guinevere stopped watching the other two and moved across the lab to hand the blue Pokedex to Sonnie. "H-here ya go... They took the other colors. I can... paint it for you if you don't like the color." Guinevere felt weird having other kids her age around her, she was used to her dad, a few other adults, and pokemon. Not kids her age. It was... weird to her. She didn't hate the idea though. The professor returned to the table and smiled to Keelan. "Don't forget to keep the Pokeball on you, some places don't allow you to have your pokemon out of the ball." He noted and looked to Rhoe as the boy pondered what to pick. It was a big choice, after all, any trainer was likely to ponder it for hours, days even... unless they had a type preference anyway. Caspian remembered when he first picked a pokemon, he had chosen it based on type and ability combination, what he thought would be best. It's the big reason he researches the various pokemon abilities and their hidden ones.

Lotus's eyes lit up at the notion. "OH! that sounds like a fantastic idea!" She clasped her hands together. "We could get some new clothes and then look our best for a victory dinner!" She stated and turned some, continuing to walk in the direction of their secret base, it was just an old shack located on the edge of Clareglass Town, it was unoccupied and comfy enough for the small squad. It wasn't like they haven't moved base before anyway, there was always another shack somewhere, or hole in the wall they could make use of. She rubbed at her shoulder. "Maybe we can get in one of those fact restaurants that let you bring out pokemon to eat too." She was way kinder to her pokemon than to anyone else, sure she liked her teammates and kept them around, but she really pampered her pokemon.

The woman opened up the back door to the shack, they had broken the lock on it the day they found it and walked in casually, she gestured to the table for Konnie to set the suitcase down. "Lets split up the cash and stash the rest for later tonight." Lotus wanted to get things split up as soon as possible, just so they had the rest of the day to deal with everything. Mainly just goof around and possibly make a few scores on the side for extra bonus points with the boss. Of course Lotus had other outfits, when trying to lay low she would dress in nice baggy pants and a thick knitted sweater. She was comfortable at least, but she often wore her dress if there was no reason to lay low... not that there was many reasons she wouldn't be laying low if they weren't supposed to be stealing anything.​

Last edited:
"Um...if you guys aren't sure who you want, do you mind if I pick first? I know that isn't how it's supposed to go, but you could look at it as me narrowing down your options for you! See, aren't I nice?" Keelan had gone ahead and made the first choice, and like that, he did exactly as he said he would - opening the Pokeball of his future partner he already seemed to have a connection with. "Bandit! We're finally partners, for real this time!" The ferret Pokemon leapt into his new trainer's arms, with Keelan trying not to burn himself with his 'new' partner, and they span around before noticing that there were still other people in the room. "Um... Yeah! This is my partner!" Keelan had said nervously, to which Rhoe laughed. "Yeah, I think you've made that much clear." He said to Keelan in a joking tone, and then glanced to the professor who responded to him. "She's just not used to people her age." He had said, to which Rhoe aptly nodded before Eve responded with a frustrated "Papa!" before pouting. Rhoe scoffed and laughed it off, listening to the professor some more and hadn't heard the third one walk in, or even speak up, actually - but was alerted to it by the professor's words. "Pick whatever one you want kiddos," He said and then continued. "Guinevere will give you your Pokedex, and then you can go ahead and pick after Rhoe picks his." The professor added and Rhoe jokingly glanced to him like 'oh no'. "Yeeeah, no pressure, thanks!" Rhoe said in a playful tone with a torn smile on his face as he would muse over the three choices now before him. With Flarret chosen, that left Rhoe with three - Sharmus, Spaidler, and Whispen.

"Don't forget to keep the Pokeball on you, some places don't allow you to have your pokemon out of the ball." The professor had said as Rhoe continued to think on it and the boy eventually took a deep breath as he considered it all. All of a sudden, he would reach out and grab the Pokeball to the far left - the Pokeball containing the grass type Pokemon. Rhoe seemed uncertain if he would like what's inside, but alas, the boy would open the Pokeball up, and out of it, this small humanoid-like creature of a Pokemon emerged, and as it did, the Pokemon bowed to it's new trainer. Rhoe looked to it and smiled - he didn't not like this at all, this thing seemed pretty nice, no less it seemed to have at least 'some' manners? Before he could react as if to put his new partner back in the Pokeball which Rhoe was still holding, his partner would be... abundantly clearing up the surroundings. Rhoe seemed surprised as anything within eye-sight would be wordlessly and enthusiastically 'cleared up' by his new partner, and whistled. "...Darn, seems like this one's a hard worker!" Rhoe seemed impressed, clapping as his partner headed to his side, the Pokemon species of Spaidler, once more by Rhoe's side bowed honourably once more. Rhoe nodded. "...Yeah! I'll take this one!" Rhoe said confidently, nodding as he was sure of his choice. Spaidler heard this and reared his head up, clapping and seeming full of joy, happiness - Rhoe would have to name this young and freshly 'owned' Pokemon later, but for now, maybe one would be more impressed at the Spaidler's 'handiwork' as anything around them was neatly organised as if that's how it always was.

Last edited:
Down in Team Ashes HQ...

Today was a meeting day. Ernaline knew that, her planner said that and she sincerely hoped her 2nd and 3rd in commands new that. Sure communication over phone and other technologies was convenient, but talking in person was just nice. Also video calling tea time just simply wasn't the same. As Ernaline waited for her two admins she shuffled through papers and notes.

The table Ernaline was sitting at for the meeting looked more suited for a living room than a evil base. The glass coffee table and surrounding chairs made the room feel classy yet cozy, which was one of her favorite ways to decorate anything. Set on the coffee table was a set of files (one for each person), a tea set, a plate of biscuits (cookies to the non-galarian), and an old looking tea pot. Overall everything was ready for a casual briefing over some tea.

Ernaline finished organizing her stack of papers and quickly checked over everything else. The sugar cubes were present, as well as some honey in case that was one's preference. The tea hadn't steeped for too long, and was still hot, but not scalding. Certain everything was in order, Ernaline leaned back in her chair. Her gaze found its way to the door as she waited for the other two to arrive.

( Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc Hibiscus Hibiscus )

Bradly Thornburg
Team Ashe Base

Bradly Thornburg.png

Today was meeting day! He'd been excited for it almost every day since Ms. Ernaline had announced it to both him and the second in command of Team Ashe just a few weeks ago, He'd gotten the message while he was eating lunch and nearly spit his drink everywhere. Bradly always loved meeting day, it meant he got to be with two of his closest friends (at least that's how he saw them) and talk about what the upcoming plans they had for the organization in the upcoming days. He made his way to the imposing "Team Ashe Head Quarters" building and walked inside, saying hello to all the first-floor people as he always did when he came into the office, dropping a small basket of muffins at the front counter with a cheery "You hard workers deserve a bit of a treat, don't you think?"

After a bit of a long elevator ride, Bradly key-carded himself into the admin board meeting room where he saw Ernaline sitting at her usual spot at the table and gave her a bright smile before he hung his jacket up on the coat rack, sitting down in a nice office chair, spinning once as he moved to his spot at the table. "Heya, Ernaline. And here I thought I'd be the early one, but you always manage to make it here before me to it. Say, Ol' 2nd in command on their way I hope?" he leaned back, scratching the wing tattoo on his neck slightly while closing one eye.

GamerKitty205 GamerKitty205

Ernaline

Ernaline's mouth turned up into a slight smile as she saw Bradly enter. It was always nice to see the cheery admin, especially with how enthusiastic he was. Well to be absolutely honest, "cheery" and "enthusiastic" could describe both admins of the team. It always perplexed the leader that a so called villainous team had so many nice people, but she never really dwelled on it. Then again she wouldn't exactly employ unpleasant people. She began pouring the two of them tea as Bradly hung up his coat and sat down.

Hearing Bradly's words Ernaline let out a little laugh and rolled her eyes. Like she would be late to her own meeting. It would be quite improper! "Hello Bradly, hope you've had a wonderful day so far," Ernaline said. "Nobu should be here shortly. I doubt he'd be late." She added a few spoonfuls of sugar to her own tea, before looking up at Bradly. "How many spoonfuls of sugar do you like?" Ernaline hummed. "Oh, and help your self to some biscuits. They're from this lovely bakery I found."

Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc Hibiscus Hibiscus

Clyde sat at the table alongside Lotus and Kanerva with his hands clasped firmly in front of him as stared down their client making sure to observe his every in case he was stupid enough to even try doing something that would no doubt end badly for him. You could never really fully trust clients such as these to always uphold their end of deal and it would be wise to always have your guard up during these exchanges. Clyde kept his eyes trained on the man as he forked over the money in exchange for the pokemon, shook Lotus's hand and took his leave.

Once they vacated the area and were far enough to talk freely he let out a sigh, being so serious all the time was harder than it looked. He graciously thanked Lotus for her kindness, it wasn't every day that a team rocket member would get such an approachable and respectful squad leader. "
Dinner doesn't sound like too bad of an idea" He responded scratching the back of his head a bit bashfully as his stomach let out a small rumble.

Clyde followed Lotus and Konnie into their makeshift base and stood near the table Lotus had gestured towards, quietly thinking of how he was going to make the best out of the time they would be spending in such an interesting region, he also wondered if there were any trainers here that he could have a worthwhile battle with, maybe test out a few strategies and catch some new pokemon; but all of that would have to wait until after he got some food in his belly since he was starving. As for buying new clothing, Clyde didn't really have that much of a fashion sense when it came to style but he did quite like his rocket uniform so he'd probably buy something closely resembling it or just stick to wearing some of his old outfits.

Sonnie presses her floppy hat to her head and let out a soft sigh, her nerves finally calming down now that Caspian had been kind enough to not count her tardiness against her. “Thank you Professor,” she said too genuinely for her age, gave a very slight bow, and then got embarrassed by her actions and turned around as to not draw too much attention to herself. She was very interested in the other kids, but didn’t know what to say.

It was then that the professors daughter appeared, to which Sonnie blinked. With a blue Pokédex to give, she was also offering to make it one of a kind for her. “Wow, really? You would do that for me?” She seemed so surprised by the gesture, but also excited. “What kind of things do you paint?” She inquired, and briefly forgot why she was here. “You should show me!”

It wasn’t until one of the other kids cheered about their new starter that Sonnie realized she hadn’t chosen hers. “Oh gosh is everyone waiting on me? I’m sorry!” She responded with a flustered face before trotting over hurriedly to the table. “Well, I think this one will do.” Of course Sonnie didn’t have an exact strategy, she just hoped her choice would be special. “Um, if that’s okay, I mean, that’s why I’m here, but...” she mumbled to herself a bit, looked back at Eve, and then looked at the professor with bright eyes as she held the pokeball in her hands but forgot to open it.

“Your daughters going to paint my Pokédex!” She was very happy, with the capsule in between her palms held very gently, like it may break if she held it tighter. “No ones ever done that for me before. I mean, I’ve never had a Pokédex before, so they couldn’t, but...” she pressed her lips together, and peered around at everyone with a white fanged smile and a slightly red face.

Nobu
Team Ashe HQ

It was meeting day and Nobu couldn’t be more excited! The meeting had been set weeks ago by Miss Ernaline, wanting to meet with both her admins in person. If she was having them both meet then she was likely moving forward with her plan, at least Nobu was hoping they were. Between seeing the two of them and the thought of seeing more of Miss Ernaline’s grand plan, Nobu couldn’t help the skip in his step as he walked to the HQ. As he entered the Team Ashes Base with the usual coy grin on his face and both hands resting behind his back, he walked with a sway that followed with his gentle humming. Each member Nobu passed was given a gentle wave and while all waved back, most gave a wide berth to the young man; not wanting to disturb the wisps around him.

“Is this the right room? Oh, good morning you two!” Nobu peaked his head into the boardroom, smiling at the two. Joining them at the table, Nobu was followed by five wisps of blue fire floating around his head and shoulders. “Sorry if I kept you waiting long Miss Ernaline,” Nobu bowed his head towards her, hands still clasped behind him, before taking his seat at the table. The five orbs moved away from him in unison, taking a place far above the table near the ceiling. “I met a kind old man and his Persian, our conversation went on a bit long.” Nobu began making his tea, piling it with sugar to make it sickly sweet.

GamerKitty205 GamerKitty205 Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc

After Keelan got over their initial fit of joy, they let Flarret down. "I finally get to name you! Hm... how about...Bandit!" Bandit yipped in response, affirming that he approved of the name. The pair walked over to the counter to grab their five Pokeballs, where Keelan picked them all up. They made a note to get stickers for each of their Pokeballs. After all, his team deserved to have a little personality to their homes! As they pocketed their new possessions, they looked around. As it happened, the Spaidler and Rhoe had taken a liking to one another, despite the boy's initial apprehension. The new girl - Keelan hadn't caught her name - appeared to have selected Whispen without even taking a look. Keelan wondered how well the two would get along, but it ultimately wasn't up to them. That left Eve with Sharmus, which just about made sense; there really weren't any bad choices.

Keelan looked down to Bandit with a gleam in their eyes, which they saw reflected in the Pokemon's eyes right back at them. The two were both ready to start their journey. What better way than to start with a battle? "Thanks so much, Professor! We won't let you down!" Then, turning to Rhoe, they took out one of their Pokeballs and tossed it into the air, catching it as it fell. "Hey Rhoe, remember what we talked about outside, about having a Pokemon battle once we started our journey? Are you still up for it?" They smirked and tossed the ball into the air one more time. "And just to make it interesting, since we haven't won any money yet, let's wager one of the Pokeballs we just got! What do you say?" Keelan hoped they weren't putting too much pressure on the boy right away. Then again, they were all going to be in plenty of Pokemon battles from now on. If they didn't start off running, they were going to be at a disadvantage.

Caspian eyed Rhoe and Keelan as they examined their new partners in adventure... and for Keelan, a partner in crime. Arceus help us all. "...Darn, seems like this one's a hard worker!" As the little Spaidler went about tiding up what it felt needed to be tidied Caspian chuckled, Rhoe seemed impressed with the little humanoid pokemon. "Oh they sure are. Spaidler will be a good friend for you Rhoe, its a good pick." He beamed happily, though, Caspian always felt any pokemon was a good pick, most of them were extraordinary creatures. He adored their abilities too, there were so many and they did so much. It was dazzling. Least... for Caspian it was. "...Yeah! I'll take this one!" He was glad to see the boy was sure of his decision, and soon the professor's attention was turned to Sonnie.

“Well, I think this one will do.” Caspian smiled softly as he eyed her pick, he knew what pokemon was in what ball so he knew that she had grabbed Whispen. Good choice, though he assumed that she was probably just picking for the sake of picking. He had watched his husband do the same when they were younger. Gage hadn't given a thought as to what he wanted back then and grabbed based on "eeny meenie miny moe" Which, was annoying to Caspian who had taken quite a while deciding what one he had wanted at the time. “Um, if that’s okay, I mean, that’s why I’m here, but...” Sonnie had mumbled, bashful it seemed. Caspian chuckled softly and patted her head. "Any choice is fine, Sonnie." He stated while bending a bit to talk to the girl, he was much taller than the children and had a habit of trying to get down to talk to shorter people... Gage has been known to get rather screechy about this habit. Apparently it wasn't appropriate and irritated shorter people. pft.

Listening to the girl go on about how Eve was going to pain her Pokedex and such Caspian couldn't help but snicker and patted her head. "Well, I'm glad you two are friends in that aspect then. Eve has painted hers so many times!" He beamed happily, now more focused on the girl rather than the two children getting ready to battle. "Thanks so much, Professor! We won't let you down!" Once again Caspian's attention was drawn away from the girl. "I'm sure you won't! Take good care of them!" Hearing the battle plans he stood up more. "If you battle outside I can heal your pokemon before you head into the forest." He offered happily, they wouldn't be well off to battle each other, they would have many more in the future too.

“Wow, really? You would do that for me?” Guinevere was a bit thrown off by the other girl's excitement on the offer. The other two didn't seem all that interested and Guinevere was perfectly content with ending up on her journey alone aside from her pokemon. “What kind of things do you paint?” Guinevere opened her mouth with a blank mind as she tried to process everything, her own face turning red once more. "E-erm" “You should show me!” Guinevere nodded some. "Y-yeah okay." And before the Burnette knew it Sonnie had left her to pick out her own pokemon.

Shaking her head a bit as she tried to process what just happened she contemplated pulling her own Pokedex out to show it to Sonnie, but since the girl was pre-occupied with Guinevere's father, and already had picked... well. Guinevere slunk around to the table and evaluated that she had been stricken with luck it seemed, for she had waited until the end only to receive the pokemon she had wanted. Of course, she wouldn't be upset with any of the others, but she had always been more for water type pokemon, or at least, as of recent she had a serious obsession. It might be a long term thing, who knew, she was still young after all.

After securing the ball in her hands she opened it up and the red light casted out at the floor before a stubby little pokemon materialized, Sharmus came up to just under her hips. Dropping to her knees she wrapped it in a hug as it's long tail swished, its fins flopping some, being pushed a bit by the air. She couldn't wait to go swimming with her new bestest friend. Pulling away from the hug she pressed a loving kiss between Sharmus's eyes and cradled the waterdog's face before pressing their foreheads together and humming happily. "Wade~ That's what I'll call you." She was smiling softly as she pulled away from the Sharmus, who made a noise akin to some sort of dog drowning, and licked at her face causing her to giggle happily as she petted it back. "You like that name huh?"

"Guinevere - don't get too wrapped up now, you might never leave the lab if you're just sitting here giving affection to your pokemon after all." Caspian teased playfully, momentarily as his attention has shifted to his daughter and Guinevere popped up off the floor. "R-right! Sorry, papa." She smiled meekly, Caspian's attention returning to the other two as he awaited their response. Guinevere moved over to Sonnie, pulling her Pokedex out and showing off the black colored dex with the white outlined blue Team Aqua symbol, there was also some waves painted at the bottom. "This is what I painted on my dex. Though, I paint people in my off time. Detail work can be a pain.... but I don't mind painting your dex for you!" She smiled sweetly, trying to be more open about making friends. After all, she didn't want to come off as antisocial, especially in times when she was likely to do so.

Lotus stretched and popped her back some as she relaxed into the environment of the little hideout they had. "Well. Since dinner is a ways off, how about I make breakfast?" She asked while heading over to the kitchenette area, and soon she was perusing the fridge and trying to decide what to make. Whenever a new teammate joined the group, Lotus made sure to inform them of her rule. Everyone in the team has to rotate through who is cooking, who is cleaning, and who is feeding the pokemon. Today it was Lotus's turn to cook for everyone, though, going out for dinner would get her out of at least one meal, and she was perfectly fine with that.

Of course, making the food came with its perks, you could make what you wanted and the others weren't allowed to complain, as you're the one who cooked. Lotus liked it that way. It made it easy for no one to fuss as when it was their turn they could cook whatever they wanted. Soon Lotus had her gloves off, they were neatly folded and set aside on the counter. She was soon mixing together a dough and then rolling it out onto the counter, and setting a premade large flat square of butter into the dough, and then folding and pressing and then doing more folding and pressing. She was going to be making biscuits and gravy, which she did like to make for dinner sometimes too.

Supposed she just liked making flakey buttery biscuits with sausage gravy over top. And she was in a relatively good mood today, least so far, so she would take care not to burn the biscuits and they'd come out golden, rather than burnt at the bottom. Which, to no one's surprise, always made a stressed Lotus, even more stressed and upset. She didn't like to vent on days like those either, seemingly unwilling to vent to her teammates, whether she lacked the level of trust to do so, or she just lacked the ability to convey her emotions, she refuses to tell. Elaborating would just make things more muddled, best not to do so. But for now, she was cutting the dough into circles, and line them on a tray before folding the dough and working it into a sheet again, and repeating the process until there was little way she'd make another circle. She proceeded to put the two trays of biscuits in the preheated oven and started to get to work on the gravy.​

sonnie listened to Eve with all the attention she could dedicate in that moment, lips slightly parted as she tried to absorb all the information. Her large golden eyes kept flickering from Eve herself, to the little waterdog at her heels, she was trying so hard to listen but man he was cute and looked like he needed more pets.

“You should paint me and you on there! In little chibi style,” Encapsulating enthusiasm, sonnie then let her eyes fall back to the ball in her hands - she wondered if her Pokémon would want pets. If she was honest, she was kind of scared to open the pokeball. But then, what if he had to pee?

“Are you going out, too? Um... maybe you can, help me open this.” She said it in a very loud whisper, so as to not let the professor she didn’t want to open it herself. She couldn’t! Well, what if she broke it? What if her weird small hands popped it in a weird place and ruined her Pokémon’s house?

“You can call me sun, sonnie, or rae, just please don’t call me little Martian,” she said as if someone actually planned to call her that, other than her father. “Cause I am not a Martian. I am Kalosian.”

With that she walked to the door very focused and then gasped, “oh thank you professor! Thank you for this gift!” She told him, “I will keep your daughter safe... whatever her name is.” She said, and then started off on her weird little merry way. In the wrong and opposite direction of the next route, naturally.

"Hey Rhoe, remember what we talked about outside, about having a Pokemon battle once we started our journey? Are you still up for it?" Keelan spoke up, with Rhoe glancing to him in surprise as it just so happened. "And just to make it interesting, since we haven't won any money yet, let's wager one of the Pokeballs we just got! What do you say?" Keelan asked, and Rhoe began to think - aloud, at that. "I'm not sure I want to wager anything, to be honest. We've not even started 'at all', I don't think that's a good idea... The wager, I mean. The battle offer is fine, mind you." Rhoe said, and then routed his attention to the professor. "Oh they sure are. Spaidler will be a good friend for you Rhoe, its a good pick." He had said, and Rhoe laughed. "I sure hope so! Look at this little guy; how can you say no?" Rhoe pointed to the Spaidler now as his partner, who glanced back with vacant and optimally clueless eyes, but this small and curved-up smile and then just waved to those who glanced at his general direction - yet not too long later, Keelan would speak up once more. "Thanks so much, Professor! We won't let you down!" He said loudly, and the professor responded shortly, speaking on a joyful tone and having heard the previous talking - mainly the battle offer, that is.

"I'm sure you won't! Take good care of them!" He said as he would rise up to bigger heights, Rhoe and Spaidler looking to him and then to Keelan and his new partner - Bandit the Flarret, the Spaidler of which meeting Bandit with a wave and that same expression as before. "If you battle outside I can heal your pokemon before you head into the forest." He offered happily, they wouldn't be well off to battle each other, they would have many more in the future too. He wasn't wrong though, it's a good offer - and the trainers will need to take care of their partners. Rhoe nodded. "That's awful nice of you, might as well make the most of the offer... if it's not a problem, of course! I'll be waiting outside then - come and get me, troublemaker!" Rhoe challenged Keelan on that quote alone as he would pick up five Pokeballs (empty ones - starting out ones) and then headed out the door right away. Spaidler didn't notice until not too long later that Rhoe ran out the door and optimally panicked - breaking his gaze from Bandit and ran after Rhoe, who was doing exactly as he said he would be - waiting outside. If one would go out and see where he went, he wasn't that far from the door, trying to get accustomed to his partner and work out 'what' to do before the battle even started!

"I'm not sure I want to wager anything, to be honest. We've not even started 'at all', I don't think that's a good idea... The wager, I mean. The battle offer is fine, mind you." Keelan nodded their head. Rhoe was making sense; they should probably not have any especially high stakes this early in the journey. They were just starting after all! "That's fine, no worries. Especially if you're scared of losing!" Keelan winked to indicate it as a joke. "If you battle outside I can heal your pokemon before you head into the forest." The professor interjected, offering his expertise. "Thanks! I'll definitely take you up on that!" Keelan and Bandit turned to Rhoe and his partner. "Are you ready to go?" "I'll be waiting outside then - come and get me, troublemaker!" Keelan shared a look with their Pokemon, and the two bounded outside for their first battle.

"Alright Bandit," Keelan whispered, talking almost more to themself than their Pokemon. "Just listen to what I say and we're gonna be golden!" As the two trainers squared off, Keelan gave off another smirk. "Here we go! Bandit, I choose you!" The Flarret, having not gone back in the Pokeball since being first let out, rushed off in front of its trainer, flaring up and looking to be ready to battle.

HP Attack Defense Sp. Attack Sp. Defense Speed Total
46 52 45 58 55 64 320

Keelan didn't know the specifics of his opponent's strengths and weaknesses, but being a grass type it had the potential to be pretty tough, right? They should probably get ahead of that, especially since it looked like Bandit would have the speed advantage. "Bandit! Use Leer!" The Flarret reared up and glared down its opponent, causing it to slightly drop its defenses in fear. Hopefully the hesitation to attack wouldn't come back to bite them.

Bandit uses Leer on Spaidler

"That's fine, no worries. Especially if you're scared of losing!" Keelan winked to indicate it as a joke, but Rhoe did not quite catch onto that in that moment and would cross his arms and shake his head. Rhoe would soon be met with Keelan and his Flarret following him up, and to which Rhoe smiled. "Huh, so you did. Alright, should have seen that one coming." Rhoe muttered and Spaidler looked up to him in confusion. Similarly to Keelan, Rhoe would kneel down and begin to explain what's about to happen to the fresh new Spaidler. "Alright, listen... Take this carefully, but, if you didn't notice, you'll be battling... right away, in fact - right now, yeah?" He said admittedly a little nervous to the Spaidler, who, upon revelation, would also be just 'as' nervous for a while until processing it more, and then he nodded instead, as if it knew exactly what to do. Rhoe smiled and nodded. "Alright, great! Now, let's go get 'em! Just listen closely and follow up!" Rhoe advised to Spaidler, who nodded and comically saluted, leading Rhoe to laugh. After he finished laughing, the battle wound begin. "Here we go! Bandit, I choose you!" Keelan called, as the Flarret which did not return to the Pokeball yet ran out into the battlefield before its trainer and stood proud, ready to go. Rhoe nodded to Spaidler who ran out and ready without an order, and it is in that moment that the Spaidler shifted from peaceful and harmless to wearing a stare straight to his opponent, Bandit the Flarret, and hissed. "Whoa, easy Spaidler! ...Alfred will do, now that I think about names-" Rhoe paused. "Go get 'em, Alfred!" Rhoe would call as the Spaidler briefly bowed before hissing again and ready to battle!

Base Stats
HP Attack Defense Sp. Attack Sp. Defense Speed Total
56 50 54 57 50 49 316

"Bandit! Use Leer!" The Flarret reared up and glared down its opponent, causing it to slightly drop its defenses in fear. The Spaidler would notice and seem nervous indeed, as it shuddered and spun a little, before shaking itself to focus once more!

-Spaidler's defense dropped (1 stage less, now 36 defense)

"Alright, your turn Alfred! Give 'em a good Tackle!" Rhoe commanded as the Spaidler nodded and began to charge at Bandit - though nowhere near as fast as the opponent is, the Spaidler would crash into the target and at least leave a mark.

-Alfred uses Tackle on Bandit

Damage Calculation
2 * 3 / 5 + 2 = 3.2
3.2 * 50 * 40 / 45 = 142.22
142.22/50 = 2.84
2.84 + 2 = 4.84 (round up, 5)
Critical Chance
49 /4 = Value (round, 12)
Value + 19 = 31
(RNG - if Value or lower, Critical)
Rolled a 49, no critical (sequence end)

Conclusion

Bandit (Flarret) takes 5 damage

Last edited:
"Alright, your turn Alfred! Give 'em a good Tackle!" At that, the grass Pokemon smashed into Bandit despite his attempts to dodge, knocking him backwards somewhat and dazing him. Keelan saw that their Pokemon was none the worse for wear, but he couldn't keep taking hits like that forever.

HPAttackDefenseSp. AttackSp. DefenseSpeedTotal
41/465245585564320

"Get him back, Bandit! Hit 'em with a Scratch!" Bandit dashed forward, appearing to be engaging in a frontal assault, then took advantage of the opportunity the intimidating Leer had given him, juking to the left and swiping at the side of Alfred.

Bandit used Scratch on Alfred

Damage Calculation

3 X 2 / 5 + 2 = 3.2
3.2 X 52 X 40 / 36 = 184.888
184.888 / 50 = 3.697
3.697 + 2 rounded up = 6

Critical Chance

64 / 4 = 16
16 + 19 = 35
King Staragna King Staragna threw 100-faced dice Reason: Critical hit chance Total: 81

Alfred takes 6 damage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back