• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon Destinies;; IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Battle Stadium, Athenia Island
Interactions: temporarybliss temporarybliss (Lennon Keller), Defined Comedy Defined Comedy (Guy Danse)

So the tournament's participants had to be at the venue hours before the spectators would come. Not a big deal for Kalino. If anything, his ranch boy routine helped with waking up so early in the morning. Battles by battles had to be done with Kalino somehow securing a spot in the final 10. And no, it's not like he's cheating or anything, no siree.

And now most of the preparations were already done for his first battle in the final 10. Both Ninetales were fully healed and Kalino himself still had some energy even after all those preliminary battles. But then a staff peeked into the waiting room Kalino was in. "Mr. Miller?" they called out before telling him that his match would be up soon. Kalino thanked the staff and made his way to the arena. It's showtime, yo!

The opponent turned out to be Paige from Fall City, Fiore. They sent out a Graveler (of the Kantonian variety) in response to Kalino sending out his trusty Ninetales. The icy one, to be exact. Mio graced the battlefield with a hailstorm courtesy of her Snow Warning despite Athenia's otherwise clear weather. She then whipped up an Aurora Veil which helped her withstanding the Graveler's Rollout. But to be fair though, the first Rollout is usually weak and the longer a Pokemon can roll, the stronger the move will be. In this case, not even a Dazzling Gleam could phase the Rock Pokemon out from their Rollout, thus said move landing another hit to the blue Ninetales. Mio's attempt to retaliate with an Aqua Tail was later foiled big time as she couldn't get it to reach the ever rolling Graveler in time, thus allowing them to knock her out with another round of Rollout.

Even though Kalino was aware of the potential bad time Graveler's Rollout might induce, he had no choice but to let Mako battle in Mio's stead. He proceeded to charge up a Solar Beam whose process was accelerated by the intense sunlight from his Drought ability, then had it to knock the Graveler out before they could roll at him, avenging Mio in process. Panic ensued on Paige's part to the point of randomly sending out their second Pokemon -- which turned out to be a Pelipper whose Drizzle graced the battlefield with a downpour.

[Oookay, this is bad,] the golden-white Ninetales thought. The intense rain practically weakened his fire attacks and made Solar Beam harder to execute because he would've been vulnerable to attacks while gathering the sunlight needed for it, hence Mako resorting to an Extrasensory. It did affect the Pelipper, yes, but they managed to retaliate with a shot of very hot water -- a Scald. And another round of Extrasensory vs Scald later, the Fox Pokemon finally went down, effectively securing a win for Paige.

Yeah, losing sucks. At least it was still better than losing to a kahuna just when he was getting so close to becoming an island challenge champion (it used to be a thing when he took part in the island challenge). Plus, Kalino used to be awfully immature back then, running away and joining a bunch of troublemakers when the kahunas gave him a chance to try the final trial again.

One healing session and another round of battle later, Kalino spotted an empty seat near a blonde young lady talking to a pink-haired man (?) with an Eevee cheering with a pair of Plusle and Minun nearby. Gotta admit, the three Pokemon were so cute when they do the cheerleading like that. But more importantly, Kalino went closer to the empty seat and asked the two people nearby, "Excuse me, is this seat taken?"

He didn't know that one of them was a Delphia-born celebrity.

lennon keller

# FC; sena kashiwazaki

♡coded by uxie♡

"Not too much of a hassle for me," She laughed, glancing around to look for any frantic members of her security team, only to stop herself from mentioning them.

This boy didn't seem to know who she was, or at least wasn't making some big deal out of it, which was refreshing considering the past two days. Lennon smiled and shook his hand, nodding before turning to his pair of Pokemon. They had a cute little pose set up and everything!

With a squeal, the girl got closer and grinned, "They're so adorable!" She cooed, scratching Rhythm under the chin hesitantly before chuckling. "You two are welcome to play with Eevee anytime!" She declared happily.

Seeing how excited her partner was to hop out of her arms and rejoin the cheering she smiled, "You don't mind if I sit with you, do you? I'd hate to rip Eevee away from its new friends." With a sigh she leaned forward to watch them rather than the battle at hand, "She doesn't that."

Lennon hadn't meant to say the last part aloud and quickly waved her hands, apologizing profusely. She didn't mean to guilt trip him into letting her sit down! Before she could make a fool of herself any further, someone else came by and asked if a seat was taken. Considering they weren't her seats to begin with, she simply turned to Guy and awaited his answer to both of their requests.

Guy Danse
Guy Face 2.png
Interactions/Mentions: temporarybliss temporarybliss saniachan saniachan
As Rythm felt the gentle scratching on her chin, she relaxed into it somewhat, meanwhile Tempo stared at the situation in jealousy. However the both of them were immediately energized once again as Eevee joined them back on the wall. Without a moments delay they returned to their gleeful cheering, electric pom-poms blazing brightly as their supportive dance continued.

Guy's attention had naturally returned to Lennon as she had praised his troublesome twins. His attention was mostly focused on her face, specifically the expression she held. For the past month, he had seen advertisements about a concert at the end of the festival, granted it was hard to walk down the street without hearing word from the locals. Coupled with the fact that any time he went to the studio for a photoshoot there would be at least four of the crew members talking about their favorite singer. He wasn't certain of it, but the smile on her face seemed different from the forced habit he'd seen and handed out himself. She had a nice smile. Subconsciously he considered poking himself in the face, to feel what sort of expression he had. But his better judgment suppressed that stray thought, but as soon as he'd suppressed it another thought had filled his head. 'Maybe I'd look better if I smiled... probably not.'

The shift in her tone just after that caused him to angle his head slightly to the side, a slight sense of curiosity taking him over. Though her frantic motions following caused him to return his head to its normal position, he raised his hands slightly in an attempt to showcase that he wasn't bothered. Before he could respond to her request though, another voice pulled his attention. A slightly younger man than himself sporting blue hair had approached, it seemed he had also taken notice of the obscene amount of seats that Guy had to himself. Though Guy now found himself with an individual who had approached from either entrance of this aisle of seats, so their presence helped to minimize the oddity of it- even if just a little. "I don't mind at all, feel free to claim any of these seats you'd like." He would glance between the two of them before motioning to the open seats that surrounded him. "I'm hardly big enough to fill them all myself after all"

With that he would settle back into his seat, his eyes looking to the cheering trio. "I can understand though... It hurts to feel like you disappointed someone." He did his best to hush the latter part of that statement, though whether or not it would be detected through the noise of the crowd was unknown to him. His eyes held a slight heaviness to them for a moment, but they quickly returned to their normal state. "It looks like everyone is giving it their all in this tournament. I wonder what they're competing for." He hadn't bothered reading up on this event, since he didn't know he'd show up to it until last minute, so he wasn't quite sure of whether the trainers were trying to prove themselves or if they were aiming for some prize.

Gracidea Simms

1643998252506.png

Interaction: Key of Stars Key of Stars

“...Hm? Oh! Thank you”

Gracidea shot the kind man a quick smile as she went to take her place in line. Though as her eyes passed over him, she’d begin to feel that oh so dreaded deja vu once more. Just as with Albert, Gracidea swore she’d seen the man’s face on TV at least once in her lifetime. Maybe another celebrity? Now that the girl thought about it, it wouldn’t be strange to assume that an event as large as the Santoris festival would attract a whole heap of A-List stars to come on over to the island. Heck, maybe even she had run into a few more and simply hadn’t noticed them. If she’d done it once then it happening a second or third time truly wouldn’t be that surprising.

At first, Gracidea considered simply not bothering the man. If he was on vacation then surely he wouldn’t want to be bothered by some random woman in line haggling him about his celebrity status. But still, she was a researcher at heart, not indulging in her blooming curiosity was like expecting a car not to drive. Even more, maybe he was another household name from Sinnoh that her colleagues would shame her for not recognizing. And, what was the worst that could happen if she asked one tiny little question? Alright, Gracidea was convinced. It was time to get to the bottom of this.

Turning back to face the familiar stranger, she’d inquire with a small yet polite tone,

“Excuse me?...Sorry but, I think I recognize you from somewhere. You wouldn’t happen to be some kind of celebrity would you?”

Now looking at him directly, it finally dawned on her. She’d seen that exact face just a few days before she left sinnoh! It was a rerun of some true crime show where the hosts were talking about a case that Sinnoh’s best detective solved. That’s who he was! Maybe it would have been that easy for her to recognize the champion if she could have actually looked at him eye to eye without breaking her neck. Nevertheless, she snapped out of her thoughts to add, “You’re the detective guy! Ah, What was your name, Wil…wil…Wilbert Halt was it?”

Last edited:

lennon keller

# interactions; Defined Comedy Defined Comedy

# FC; sena kashiwazaki

♡coded by uxie♡

Before Lennon could pet the adorable Plusle, the three Pokemon went back to cheering on the battlers and she was quite content in just watching them. The girl smiled and sat down one seat away from him, not wanting to sit too close in case he had wanted some personal space, she understood that all too well. She gave a small smile to the other boy who'd come near them, but then caught the tail end of Guy's sentence and looked back to him.

"Exactly." She nodded, "Especially my partner, she's always there for me, so it's only right I let her run about and have fun when she wants. That's why she's never in her poke ball."

Guy seemed to be sweet enough, which was more than she could say for any of the other men she'd met since she'd been back in Santoris. With a giggle, she watched as Eevee tried to move the same as Rhythm and Tempo, failing miserably everytime it attempted to stand on its hind legs.

With a gentle pat between its ears, Lennon smiled, "We'll have to get you some pom-poms for the contest I suppose." She laughed.

At his words she rolled her eyes, not at him, but at the so-called 'prize, "It's just a big trophy and bragging rights really." Lennon scoffed, only to question him, "So, is this your first time in the region? How are you enjoying the festival?"

Last edited:
Violet Kani
1643665478044.png

Interactions: Defined Comedy Defined Comedy
Earlier that day, Violet blushes as she rubs her against the spot on her check where Neve kissed her. Luna giggles at her trainer's obvious signs that is thinking about her crush again. "Do you think she is thinking about me?" Luna responds by going into a full laugh. "Maybe I should give her a text? I mean just to wish her luck with the tournament." Violet writes her quick message on her phone but hesitates at the end and doesn't press send. "Do you think the heart emoji is too much?" Luna jumps up and pushes her trainer's finger onto the send button.
Recipient
them
Don't blush too hard, k? ;)
me
Good luck with your matches and I hope to see you soon! ♥️

Violet and Luna manage to win battle after battle against all kinds of pokemon and trainers to reach the elite final stage of the final 10 of the tournament. "This is it Luna, only a few more battles and we will be show all of Santoris why we will be the future champions!" Luna gives a confident smile. Violet returns her back to her pokeball and then begins walking out of the waiting room to face her final 10 opponent.

"In the red corner we have the talented rookie Violet Kani from Hau'oli City of the Alola Region." Violet walks confidently to her spot on the battlefield with Luna's pokeball in hand. "And in the blue corner we have the former criminal turned rockstar Garrett of the Go-Rock Quad from the Fiore Region." A man with light blue hair in a white coat with red flames on the bottom comes walking out holding a bass guitar comes out walking to his side of the battlefield with surprisingly his three siblings/bandmates right behind him with instruments in hand. Violet feels confused on why her opponent has brought musical instruments and his siblings with him to a pokemon battle. Violet also feels a little awkward about the fact she hasn't heard the band play before since they aren't that popular in the Alola Region.

The four siblings begin to loudly address the crowd. "All Pokemon a go-go!" Garrett continues "From across the sea, the Fiore-born quadruplets have arrived!" Garret performs a quick bass solo. The only girl the group continues from there. "If you know us, you're a beloved fan!" She performs a quick violin solo. The one with the drum continues after her. "We are purveyors of theatrical rock!" He performs a drum solo. The oldest and last sibling continues. "Today we need you to cheer Garrett to victory!" He performs a short electric guitar solo. All four finish "What's the name of our band?! Go-Rock Quads! We can't hear you! Go-Rock Quads!! Don't be shy! Shout it, loud and proud! GO-ROCK QUADS!!!" The siblings start performing their instruments together for a short bit. Violet nervously tabs on Luna's pokeball as people in the crowd yell out the band's name as she feels slightly intimidated by the band's popularity. Three of the siblings start walking back out waving to their fans with Garrett taking his official spot on the battlefield.

The battle referee signals the start of the battle, and the two trainers throw out their pokeballs. "Let's go Luna!" Luna nervously stares down Garrett's large bug and flying typed pokemon scyther. "We can do this Luna!" Luna shakes off her nervousness with a confident yell. Knowing Luna's only chance is to get rid of Scyther's speed advantage and to keep her distance Violet calls out "Use scary face!" Luna's eyes glow red and bares out her teeth causing the scyther's speed to drop harshly. "Quick Attack!" The scyther's body gets covered in a white aura as it quickly slams into Luna knocking her back a bit with the scyther standing over Luna preparing its next move. "Luna get away from it with double team!" "Not so fast, use wing attack!" Scyther's wings start glowing as illusionary copies of Luna appear around her on the battlefield. Scyther slashes through a couple of the illusions with its wings as Luna manages to gain a bit of distance away from the scyther. "Luna use dark pulse!" "Scyther fury cutter!" Luna releases a blast of black energy that hits scyther who was charging directly at Luna without even attempting to get out of the way as it continues moving and hits Luna back a few feet and on the ground with it scythe arm that was covered in bug type energy. Luna struggles back to her feet refusing to disappoint her trainer. "You can do this Luna, dark pulse again!" "Let's finish this with another fury cutter!" Luna once again blasts scyther with a blast of black energy, but this time it causes scyther to flinch and be unable to attack. "One more dark pulse should do it! You got this Luna!" "Fury cutter!" Scyther falls to the ground knocked out as it gets by Luna's third blast of black energy.

Garrett returns his scyther back to its pokeball and then starts walking toward Violet signaling that he is not going to send out another pokemon and that he has lost the battle. "We did it!!" Violet runs out and pulls Luna into her arms in a big hug. "That was a great battle and for beating me I would like to give this poster that was signed by all four members of the Go-Rock Quads!" Garrett hands over the poster to Violet who grabs with one hand and with the other still holding on to Luna. "Thank you so much and it was an honor battling with you!" "You better go heal your pokemon, the next matches are going to be even tougher from here on out". Violet returns Luna back to her pokeball and rushes off to get her healed before the next round begins. Garrett waves to the fans as he walks slowly out of the arena. Garrett smiles as he thinks of a certain pokemon ranger with a yellow cheering pokemon that helped him, and his siblings change their ways that the girl Violet reminded him of during the battle with her determination and faith with her pokemon.

1645153664908.png

William Holton
William new background.png
Interactions: SheepKing SheepKing
William raised a brow at the woman's question, this should be interesting. Over the course of his career he'd gotten fairly used to being recognized, especially in Sinnoh. It hadn't been a multiple times a day thing, after all, being a detective wasn't really a job that would get one a fanbase like being a famous trainer or pop star, but still, he'd been getting recognized multiple times a week, that was the extend of his fame in his home region. In Kalos he'd been getting recognized way less, only really being known to law enforcement and mystery aficionados. Safe to say, it had been a long time since someone had recognized him.

He was about to respond when the woman continued talking, following up her question with a statement on his identity.

He laughed heartily. "Not exactly," He declared, pointing at her with a dramatic hand gesture. "Still, an excellent observation. Getting my initials right is more than I'm used to, people tend to know me as that one guy who solved those cases back in the day. I'm William Holton, private detective. Though I guess you already knew that." He said with a smile, extending his hand for her to shake.

He was about to continue but a sudden burst of cheers from the crowd grabbed his attention, turning his head to glance at the field. He watched in growing confusion as an entire band stepped onto one of the sides of the field and played a quick bout of music. They weren't bad, not exactly William's taste, but not bad. Better than Lennon Keller at the very least. He looked away when the battle started, not interested in seeing pokemon beat each other up.

"So, I assume you're from Sinnoh as well. What brings you to the festival?" He asked, turning back to the woman he had been talking to before. She could also be from Kalos but it was unlikely that she knew him from Kalos while not knowing his name correctly.

• Guy Danse
    Guy Face 2.png
    Interactions/Mentions: temporarybliss temporarybliss
    Glancing down to the luxury ball on his belt, Guy took Lennon's words into account. The mention of what was 'only right' for the partner who'd stuck by you. He probably seemed cruel in that extent, Cassia was kept in her pokeball whenever he had to go to crowded places... and walking on the street with her during the festival was next to impossible. After all, she was an enormous serpent-like Pokémon- crowds weren't very kind to large creatures such as that. Closing his eyes for a moment he gave a silent apology to his long-time friend before looking back to the battle at hand, "Really? That prize doesn't seem worth it in my opinion... it has to be demoralizing for their partners if they don't make it." His eyes focused on the battling Pokémon for a moment, even if the trainers were trying to prove themselves... weren't there better ways to showcase their ability? Ways that wouldn't be so crushing to their partners.

His focus quickly shifted as a question had been posed to him, "Kind of, I moved here about five years ago- so you could say my first time here is a bit of an extended stay." Slowly his eyes would wander from one end of the stadium to the other as he looked at the number of people, and even the architecture of the building itself. Afterwards his eyes returned to Lennon, "As for the festival, it's my first time being here for one so it's a bit new to me. I've been a bit busy with work, but overall I'd say it's been..." Pausing for a moment he considered the proper response here, in truth it had been a somewhat exhausting time. Though that wasn't due to the festival itself, so much as his agency requiring that the 'Masked Model' need to have a Santoris Festival shoot to boost ratings. "Interesting. Though I think the tourists have mistaken me for a PokéNav more times that I'd like to admit."

Sighing as he thought back on all the times he'd been stopped in the street for directions, the most awkward of which being when a Machamp had suddenly grabbed him, he pushed past those tiring memories. "How about you, have you been able to enjoy yourself? Or, have you and your partner been swarmed with newcomers as well?"

Battle Stadium, Athenia Island
Interactions: Defined Comedy Defined Comedy (Guy Danse), temporarybliss temporarybliss (Lennon Keller)

"Aight, thank you," Kalino thanked the older man and practically plopped on a seat near the young lady. Not without returning her smile while still unaware of who she was, of course. That, and the sight of the cheering trio helped restoring his mood after that one defeat.

In response to the other guy's curiosity about the competition and the blonde girl's rather scornful response, Kalino just shrugged. "Dunno about the others, but it's been a long time since my last proper battle back then. No wonder I lost back there," he mused. But then they went on with their own chatters without him, so he decided to just listen.

And then the guy's question to the lady raised Kalino's eyebrow. "Swarmed with newcomers"? Were they (or at least one of them) supposed to be some sort of celebrities that he should've known them by virtue of their careers and fames?

Last edited:
Benji considered himself a calm, quiet person, and most of the time, it was true. He just seemed to have a long fuse, and shrank down way too often for him to really get going consistently.

However, even he managed to just explode at times.

Such, as, in the middle of a battle.

"Let's go, Cain" He yelled, quickly tying his hair up in a ponytail. His opponent, a girl in a purple kimono, resembling a priestess of some kind.

Johto? Sinnoh? He wondered, but the giant burger seemed to distract him, making him look like she just grew another head.

"What in the world?"

Gracidea Simms

1643998252506.png

Gracidea couldn’t help but chuckle at the man’s overly dramatic gesture, relieved that he hadn’t taken any offense to her bastardization of his name. When he offered his hand to shake she’d happily oblige, taking the limb with a light yet firm grip. As they shook Gracidea would give up her own name, seeing that it’d be the nice thing to do. “Well Mister Holton, I’m Gracidea Simms! And you shouldn’t give me that much credit, it’s more like I half knew” she’d laugh once more, thankful that he would have no way of noticing her face heat up in embarrassment.

Just as the words left her mouth a sudden barrage of loud music coming from the stadium startled the woman, causing her to accidentally pull back her hand of William’s grip rather abruptly. “Ack! Sorry, wasn’t expecting that…” She’d join him in staring out towards the stadium, wondering if there was some sort of surprise halftime show. What she’d see would quickly dispel that theory as it appeared that one of the opponents had brought with them an entire band for moral support. Her head would tilt slightly as she silently murmured, “I feel like that has to go against some kind of rule…” Before Gracidea could dwell on that any further William snapped the girl out of her thoughts with a question, correctly guessing her home of origin. As for what brought her to the festival?

“Unfortunately, I’m not here on vacation or anything fun like that. Nope, just boring work related stuff” She’d bemoan, having to speak up in order to not be drowned out by the music playing. “Though that hasn’t been going all that swell either” Which would be quite the understatement. It’d been more than two days and she hadn’t seen hide nor hair of the Elder around. Granted it was her own mistakes which led to such circumstances, but still! It seemed that the universe was doing all it could to prevent her from getting any of her tasks finished.​

William Holton
William new background.png

Interactions: SheepKing SheepKing

"Perhaps it is, though the crowd seemed to like it well enough so I doubt the organizers would intervene. Besides," He said with a dismissive gesture. "I've never been one to follow the rules myself, sometimes you have to bend the rules a little to get the desired result." He said with a chuckle. "Don't tell the press back in Sinnoh I said that, though I doubt they're still even interested in information about me after two years."

"Oh,"
He raised an eyebrow. "I wasn't aware people went to recreational pokemon tournaments such as this one for work nowadays, much less to the concession stand." He said with an amused smile. "I'm just joking around, I'm sure you have a perfect reason for being here. And if you don't..." He paused before grinning. "Well, I already confessed I'm not one to follow every single rule myself."

"I'm sorry to hear your work has not been going the way you want it to go."
Taking a quick glance at the combat field only to wince and immediately look away when one of the battling pokemon was knocked out. "I'm here on a vacation, though much like you I'm having some trouble myself. Wherever I go I find myself mixed up in cases aplenty, not that I particularly mind. That said, perhaps you'd like to enlist the help of the world's greatest detective and his partner in solving your work troubles?" He said, glancing down into his messenger bag and poking Watson softly before sighing. "Or perhaps just my help alone can suffice? My partner seems to have miraculously managed to drift off to sleep despite the commotion." He said with a slight shake of his head.

lennon keller

# interactions; Defined Comedy Defined Comedy

# FC; sena kashiwazaki

♡coded by uxie♡

"I'm not much of a battler either, Eevee is definitely into it, though." She chuckled, nodding towards her partner who turned at its name, "Aren't you?"

The small Pokemon nodded enthusiastically, which only made Lennon giggle some more. He wasn't wrong, the prize really wasn't worth it, and while she supposed it could potentially be demoralizing, she also knew first hand that some Pokemon really just enjoyed battling for the fun of it. She didn't know if Eevee was an odd one out, but it sure wanted to battle more than they got to, and it definitely made Lennon feel a bit guilty that she was so hesitant about it.

Unlike many of the people at the Festival, Lennon was born in Santoris, though she wasn't sure she could really call it home considering how little time she actually spent in the region, "Well, you must like it here then. Most people do." She paused, glancing out at the battle before adding, "I'm originally from here, so I've seen plenty of tourists turn into permanent residents. You wouldn't be the first." She smiled sweetly.

"It's definitely an experience, there aren't any other words I can even think to use to describe it, honestly." The girl admitted with a shrug.

The festival was a one of a kind thing, so being overwhelmed was almost to be expected in a way. She'd only been around for two others, one of which when she was only a toddler so she didn't even remember the event.

With pursed lips, the girl took in a deep breath before answering, "Technically, I'm here for work so I've been pretty scheduled, but other than that it's been fun. I'm excited for the Pokemon Contest though, that's my favorite event!"

"Work?"
The girl then asked with a raised eyebrow, curious to know more about him.

Gracidea Simms
1643998252506.png

Who would have thought a detective wasn’t one to play by the rules? Maybe he was the sort like in the novels she’d read, the hard boiled detective who’d do anything to solve a case. Though, based on appearances alone, he certainly wasn’t the sort to come to mind. If she hadn’t seen his image on TV Gracidea would surely have assumed that Sinnoh’s star detective was some sort of grizzled old man with the sort of look in their eye that could make even the most rotten of crooks shake in their boots. Now that she thought of it, He really can’t be all that much older than herself can he? Or maybe Mister Holton was at a much riper age then appearances would lead her to believe, perhaps he had some kind of crazy good skin care routine which did away with his wrinkles? Never mind that. She was getting way too far off track.

Promising him her silence, Gracidea mimed zipping her lips as she winked at Holton,

“Don’t worry, lips are sealed! Though I doubt the press would even believe a girl like me if I started blabbering off about a rule breaking detective. It’s not like I’d have all that much credibility would I?” she’d cheekily add with a giggle.

Though her cheekiness would come to a screeching halt as he remarked on how most people who are on the job wouldn’t be lazily hanging around concession stands or stadiums. The man’s words finally made the girl realize that she was distracting herself from the one single reason she had come here for. Pinching hard on her own cheek, Gracidea scolded herself within her brain. She really needed to get her act together didn’t she? Look at her! mooching about as if there wasn’t anything else to do. Well guess what Gracidea, even if he didn’t say it outright Mister Holton’s was right, she really needed to get off her lazy behind and start actually doing her job the way it was supposed to be done. At the very least, Mister Holton himself didn’t seem to be judging her all that harshly. Gracidea couldn’t even imagine the soul crushing emotions that come from having a celebrity expressing total disappointment in her, just the thought could send a shiver down her spine.

Pulling herself away from such horrific thoughts, the young woman’s ear perked at the mention of providing aid. Immediately she’d eagerly rush to grip onto both of his hands, her button eyes sparkling with elation. “Oh thank Arcecus that’d be just the thing I need!” She’d cheer with joy.

Of course, how had she not thought of asking for his help herself? A detective would absolutely be the perfect sort to help find a missing person. Maybe with his help she’d be able to find the Elder in no time! Realizing she may have overreacted, Gracidea swiftly released her grip on the man’s hands. “S-sorry!” She’d take a moment clear her throat before finally continuing.

“I guess I should explain what my job is. I’m supposed to be looking for the Keeper of The Garden of Harmony, Elder Elyssia. You see, I work for a Pokémon Professor that primarily studies everything related to mythical Pokémon such as recorded encounters, their influence on human culture, all that stuff. And, I was supposed to meet with Elder Elyssia as apparently she’s the only one who’s ever actually seen the mythical Pokémon, Celebi, within the Santoris region. So, the Professor sent me to go look for her which for the past couple of days hasn’t really been going all that well as you can see…But anyways, I ended up hearing a rumor that she might be attending the tournament so that’s how I ended up here. Really, the best way you could help me would be to help me find the Elder…?”

Figuring she may have come off too strong, Gracidea hurriedly backpedaled on her words.

“I-If that wouldn’t be too much trouble of course! It’s your vacation and the last thing you’d probably want to do is help some random lady you just met search for someone who might not even be here!”

In a moment, the signal for the battle started, both Cain and a Misdreavous charged forward.

"Mi-Mi, use Psywave" With that, the Misdreavous let out a blue wave of power knocking Cain, but the dog Pokemon bounced back.

"Cain, Flame Wheel!" Benji yelled to retaliate, with its body lighting up in flames and spun like a wheel, charging forward, but Mi-Mi just sank on the ground.

"Shoot aren't Ghost-types a pain to deal with" Benji grunted, as a new Night Shade was barely dodged. The cloud of dust was raised.

"Now, Flame Wheel!" Benji yelled, as Cain once again charged, this time, hitting home, and sending the floating doll sailing up.

"Bite!" He called, jumping in the air, Cain tried to jump and bite the ghost turned midair.

"Astonish" Mi-Mi jumped right into Cain's face, getting a clear slap to the face.

"Cain, bounce back" Cain spun and managed at least a somewhat graceful landing.

"Psywave" "Bite" The energy wave hit Cain dead-on, but he managed to charge through and sink its teeth in the freaking out Misdreavous, but Cain held on, stubbornly.

"Now, Flame Wheel, back to the floir" Cain's flames and spinning dragged Misdreavous back to the earth, with a loud thud, raising a lot of dust.

Once it was cleared, a tired but jubilant Cain stood over Mi-Mi. The referee waited for a second before making the call.

[That chinches it]

"Misdreavous is unable to battle. Growlithe and Benjamin Ark are the winners"

"How is that for a finale" Benji said, as he gave Cain a hug. His blood was still pumping.

"Good work, man"

[Never doubt it]

Benji went to give Maya the thanks for the battle, still feeling like a million bucks.

Whatever happens now, it'll be with me in the center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back