• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon Destinies;; IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

temporarybliss

derek hale deserved better
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

Welcome to the Santoris Festival!

It was the second day of the Santoris Festival and everyone was abuzz with excitement about all of the events to come. Some were signing up for the twenty-four hour battle while others were trying to register for the Pokemon Contest, wherever you looked though, people were busy! That was how the festival always was though, and on Delphia Island they were finishing up preparations for the end of festival music performance. The stage was huge and the barriers lining the front of it weren't the lightest things in the world, so it took a lot of manpower to get everything set up.

Meanwhile, on Athenia Island the line to register for the twenty-four hour battles continued to grow longer and longer. Of course, they had a quick check-in system: single or doubles, how many pokemon, etc. But even with it, the line remained ever growing with all of the tourists who had come from all around. One good thing though was that the sun was indeed shining on all four of Santoris' grand islands, making the festival that much more enjoyable for everyone there and everyone involved in the planning and setup of it.

Of course, Mykora Island just had the contest stadium redone with some upgrades and outside of it was a fashion boutique for coordinators and Pokemon alike! Everything was exactly where it needed to be for the week long festival to be a success and the Santoris locals were happy to see everyone else happy, after all, this festival was to honor their home and the Pokemon that saved it. Happiness was the least they could do.

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

It was the second day of the Santoris Festival and everyone was abuzz with excitement about all of the events to come. Some were signing up for the twenty-four hour battle while others were trying to register for the Pokemon Contest, wherever you looked though, people were busy! That was how the festival always was though, and on Delphia Island they were finishing up preparations for the end of festival music performance. The stage was huge and the barriers lining the front of it weren't the lightest things in the world, so it took a lot of manpower to get everything set up.

Meanwhile, on Athenia Island the line to register for the twenty-four hour battles continued to grow longer and longer. Of course, they had a quick check-in system: single or doubles, how many pokemon, etc. But even with it, the line remained ever growing with all of the tourists who had come from all around. One good thing though was that the sun was indeed shining on all four of Santoris' grand islands, making the festival that much more enjoyable for everyone there and everyone involved in the planning and setup of it.

Of course, Mykora Island just had the contest stadium redone with some upgrades and outside of it was a fashion boutique for coordinators and Pokemon alike! Everything was exactly where it needed to be for the week long festival to be a success and the Santoris locals were happy to see everyone else happy, after all, this festival was to honor their home and the Pokemon that saved it. Happiness was the least they could do.
/ISPOILER]

Last edited:
Gracidea Simms
1643599396270.png
Interactions: Currently Open!

Enveloped within a mighty sea of thrashing people, a young woman with her Piplup in hand struggled to find her way through the horde. As, quite unlike the masses having the time of their lives, Gracidea couldn’t afford to drop all of her obligations and party the week away at the festival no matter how much she desired. Rather, she’d been sent to Santoris for work and work alone. That certainly didn’t stop Gracidea from wishing it wasn’t the case as she took a second to stop and stare longingly at all the festivities taking place. People and Pokémon were scatter all across the city, searching every nook and cranny for ways to spend their precious time. Shops, restaurants, bars, and more were all coated in glitzy streamers and banners, enticing tourists to come inside and examine their undoubtedly overpriced wares. Loud music blared out from speakers scatter about the town, creating an atmosphere where anyone could burst into dance at a moments notice. Even the confetti falling from the sky painted the air with party fever. Last but not least, Gracidea stared up at the fabulous concert stage being set up not that far away from where she stood, a crowd already beginning to form in front of the barriers. And yet despite all the wondrous sights to experience Gracidea was stuck with the shortest end of the stick. Forced to bare witness to all the fun everyone else was having yet unable to partake in it herself. Perhaps Giratina itself was watching over her, grinning as it held the carrot on the stick just out of reach of her. What a truly cruel reality.

Adjusting her grip on the little penguin Pokémon in her arms, Gracidea reached for a notepad in her purse. Flipping through a few pages she’d quickly land on a set of directions written out by her own Professor. Gracidea peered at the page before reading aloud the written text.

“Let’s see…'Visit the Village Elder of Delphina Island, Elyssia. She should know all there is concerning Celebi’s connection to the Santoris Islands. You will most likely be able to find her at The Garden of Harmony.'”

With a sigh, Gracidea would shove the notepad back into her bag and look back at the ongoing festival. “Why’d they have to schedule the meeting on the funnest week of the year! Arrghhh it’s not fair!” She’d pout to herself. “I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt if I just spent a little time at the festival...-NO! Realizing she was getting sidetracked, the girl slapped herself to keep focus, scolding herself as she did. “Don’t be a Magikarp Graci! You know you’d just goof off the whole time and forget to meet Elyssia if you did! I gotta keep my concentration, for the professor's sake!” With a new vigor burning within Gracidea got back to shoving her way through the endless crowds, looking down at her Piplup as she did. “Bubby, if I even get the teeniest sidetracked you gotta snap me out of it, kay? Pinky promise me that you will!” The Piplup saluted with a flipper in a well practiced motion, however unbeknownst to Gracidea as soon as she looked away the little Pokémon rolled it’s eyes at her, having gone through this very same rodeo many times before. Nevertheless with Gracidea's newly found conviction, she'd loudly proclaim to the world,

“Alright. Elder Elyssia, It’s time to meet the one and only Gracidea Simms!”

Once that final chant concluded, she’d confidently march further through the bustling crowd with a look of pure determination, “Here I come Garden of-WAH!”

…only to trip on an empty can a few seconds later, face planting hard onto the concrete ground.

Today was really not going to be her day was it?​

Last edited:
William Holton
William Background.png

Interactions: Open

William stepped out of the rather impressive-looking lobby of the luxurious hotel he would be staying at, pushing his sunglasses back up his nose to shield his eyes from the glaring tropical sun. He did immediately notice a few of the passerby's giving him strange looks, which wasn't too surprising given that he was wearing the same vest and loose tie he always wore, just having forgone the jacket he usually wore over it. He shrugged, his work clothes were just the thing he was most comfortable in, besides, it wasn't that he didn't look good in them, though definitely somewhat out of place within a crowd of people wearing t-shirts and shorts. "Say, Watson." He started, eyeing the ball of grey fur in his open messenger bag suspiciously. "You're eating the chocolate I left in my bag, aren't you?" The small pokemon immediately popped its head out of the bag, shaking it fervently. "Oh yeah?" William asked, raising an eyebrow at his partner. "And that is?" He said, nodding to the piece of the chocolate the Espurr was holding. Watson stuffed the piece of chocolate in its mouth in record time before going right back to shaking its head earning the pokemon a chuckle from William. "Whatever you say, partner. Just... Do me a favor and never become a criminal. You're hardly the best at getting rid of evidence." He smiled, readjusting the strap of his messenger bag on his shoulder. "You ready to find out if that also goes for this region's criminals?"

Not too long after, William was sauntering down one of the many roads parallel to the beach. Newspaper in one hand and a cup of coffee that he had gotten the barista to dump as much sugar as allowed into in the other.
"Nothing, nothing, all festival stuff." He mumbled, scanning the front of the newspaper. "Hold this for me." He handed the coffee cup to Espurr who made a slightly disgruntled noise but held on to the cup. "There we go." William said, having quickly flipped through the newspaper to the desired page. Giving Espurr a quick pat on the head before taking his coffee back. "You can help yourself to the chocolate left in the bag, if you didn't eat it all earlier." Espurr didn't waste a moment before diving into the bag and resurfacing moments later, happily chewing on a piece of chocolate.

He took a sip of his coffee before scanning the newspaper page he'd been looking for. "Too easy, too easy, all of these wouldn't even take an hour to solve. What do you think, waste of time, right?" He asked, holding the paper in front of his partner. Watson took a quick look at the paper before nodding and going back to eating its chocolate. William sighed, rolling the paper up and shoving it into the messenger bag next to his partner. "Well, so far for finding any interesting cases immediately. I guess we could solve the ones in the paper later if we have some time to kill. The local police will probably be busy with them for the next few days anyway." He said, earning him a few nods from Watson. "Being as inefficient as the police is a skill in its own right."

"Anyway,"
He continued, finishing his coffee and throwing the cup in a nearby bin. "I don't know about you but I could go for some sweets right about now." He said with a smile, setting course for the nearest shop he could find.

Last edited:

lennon keller

# interactions; open

# FC; sena kashiwazaki

♡coded by uxie♡

The small plane had just landed at the large airport in Oceanblue city, the only airport on all four islands. Looking out the window, Lennon could easily see the photographers and newscasters awaiting her arrival, and it made her anxious. With a sigh she petted Eevee’s head, the small Pokemon looking up to her and cocking its head.

“Nothing to worry about.” The girl gave a fake smile, one that had been practiced for the past seven years or so.

Still, her partner knew her all too well enough to give her stomach a gentle headbutt which caused Lennon to cough, “Okay, okay!” She huffed, though a real smile formed on her lips.

“All of the paparazzi are already out there… I can’t even come home without them following me.” The girl shook her head in frustration, “It’s just so unfair!”

“Vee, Eevee!” The small Pokemon exclaimed, placing a paw over the girl’s hand.

She rubbed its head gently, nodding as it spoke, “I guess you’re right.”

While Lennon couldn’t *actually* tell what Eevee was saying, she liked to think she could understand a bit, and right now it seemed her partner was giving her a much needed pep talk. It was a thing that would usually happen in situations like these, when Lennon would get anxious. Whether it be arriving at a new place or when she was about to go onstage, a quick hug and a few cries from her Eevee were the only things she and her team knew could make her feel better.

The Pokemon smiled proudly, sticking its chest out as the girl explained that it was right and with a chuckle, Lennon scratched under its chin.

“Thanks, Eevee.”

With that, Lennon’s security guard, Matt, came rushing in and explained it was time to get off and handle the paparazzi. Her manager, also known as her father, wasn’t far behind.

“Alright babe, this is it! The biggest concert in the world and you’re headlining!” He began excitedly, Lennon only deadpanned as she waited for him to continue. Clearing his throat, the older man did so, “We’re gonna let them snap a few pictures of you and Eevee, kay? You can talk to five, and only five, reporters. Just pick the ones that look like they won’t twist your words.”

The girl scoffed, “Oh yeah Dad, let me just use ESP to figure that out.”

With a deep breath, her father bent down to eye level, “We’ve all worked very hard to get you here, Len. It would be terrible for now to be when your anxiety and…. anger issues get the best of you, mmkay? So be a good little girl for Dad and show them your sunshiney demeanor that we all love.”

Though she wanted to snap, and almost felt like she would, Eevee did it for her when it tackled her father in the gut, causing Matt to catch him as the two fell into the seat beside her. Lennon held her tongue, but laughed as it happened, giving her partner a small high five with one finger to its entire paw.

“That Eevee is a menace.” Her father sneered, slowly standing up.

With a gleam in its eye, Eevee turned to the man once more, gearing up for an attack before Lennon sighed and stood, picking it up with her.

“Sunshine Lennon, ready to go.” She said in a higher pitched voice, though her fake smile remained as she pushed past the two men towards the plane stairs.

She stood at the top, waiting for the door to be opened for her as Eevee nuzzled against her arm. With a small hint of a grin, Lennon patted its head once more, stepping out of the way as Matt came to open the cabin door. She nodded silently in thanks, taking a step outside and immediately being met by the flashes and screams of paparazzi.

“Here we go again.”

Last edited:
Violet Kani
1643665478044.png
Interactions: Open​

Violet stands in the line full of trainers looking to enter the 24-hour battle tournament with her trusted partner Luna by her side. She glances around at all the various pokemon that is not used to seeing in the Alola Region. Violet looks to Luna with a smile on her face for the fact that Luna has been behaving in line. "Luna, do you want a snack?" Her partner smiles and then makes an excited sound over the thought of getting a snack. Violet then spends the next few minutes searching inside her bag for where she put those pokemon snacks as she slowly moved closer to the end of the line. "Found them!!" Violet quickly takes a pokemon snack out of the container and holds it to Luna before returning the rest of the snacks back into the bag where they will hopefully be found easier next time. Luna makes quick work of her snack as Violet realizes that they are next in the line to sign up.

Violet and Luna move quickly towards the lady working at the counter once they hear "Next in line" being called. "Alola, my name is Violet Kani and I would like to sign up for single battles with only one pokemon." Violet picks up Luna and faces her towards the lady at the counter. "The pokemon I'll be entering is my amazing Zorua Luna!" The lady smiles and quickly goes through all the sign-up process with Violet before spending Violet off and moving on to the next person in the line.

While walking out of the building she turns to Luna. "It's going to awhile until the tournament starts do you have any idea what we should do until then?" Luna does a little mischievious laugh before her body begins to glow and she transforms into a copy of Violet. The transformed Luna then starts making kissy faces towards a random group of female trainers. "Cut that out!!" Violet says in very annoyed tone while her face is blushing wildly. Luna laughs as returns back to normal form. Still blushing Violet says, "I really hope no one saw that". Violet begins moving faster out of the building with Luna following right behind.

Evelyn Joy
Luka FC.png

Interactions: OPEN​

Evelyn Joy was experiencing her first full day on the tropical archipelago of Santoris. Sunbreech City was her first stop; eager to get souvenirs out of the way and done. With two bulging bags of shopping either side of her chair, Eve flicked through the festival schedule outside of Alcremiest Coffees cafe.

Perched on the table opposite her was Florence the Happiny; happily scarfing down a plate of sweet poffins to herself.

“Flops! Chew your food, for goodness sake,” Eve sighed, exasperated.

“Piny~” The egg pokémon replied around a mouthful. Eve swiftly wrestled another poffin out of Happiny's hand, lest she choke on trying to ram another sweet treat into her mouth.

“Quit it!” Eve somehow managed to take the poffin off of the Happiny, which swiftly made the pokémon cry. Everyone enjoying their drinks and food snapped their heads around to see what the commotion was. Realising that she had everyone's attention, Happiny decided to cry even harder, poffin crumbs tumbling all over her.

Eve sank into her shoulders, turning bright red at all the judging stares. “Florence, please. Stop...” She pleaded in a quiet voice. “At least swallow what's in your mouth if you're going to embarrass us like that.”

Puffing out her rosy cheeks, Happiny decided to really go for it. “PPPPPPIIIIIIIINNNYYYYYY! - ECK- ACK-” and immediately regretted it as she inhaled the poffin pieces.

“For Arceus' sake,” Eve grumbled, grabbing Happiny and lying her belly down across her thighs, head angled towards the floor. A couple of mighty THWACKS on the back and the poffin was dislodged from the pokémon's throat.

A lot more judgmental stares were thrown Eve's way, but Happiny was soon cuddling up to the Junior Doctor, pitifully begging for forgiveness and hugs, which Eve automatically gave.

“Well, that's what you get for being a brat,” Eve admitted under her breath. “Now, let's plot out our week. I want to see everything this festival has to offer, after all.”

F4C6CD0C-5164-4C8C-9442-DB50D5E76BC1.jpeg
Henry Apples
Interactions: Lennon Keller ( temporarybliss temporarybliss )

Meanwhile as the celebrity got all the attention, another Pokémon trainer landed as he stepped out the terminal hallways, alongside his partner golett, who walked by him proudly, though as he stepped out the terminal his eyes were immediately looking at the paparazzi in the airport, wait was it for him? WAS HE FAMOUS?! Wait no, he definitely wasn’t, famous, people barley knew him! Though as he let out a sigh he looked at where the paparazzi was taking photos and asking questions.

“Phew at least it’s not the two of us Iron right?”

He said as he let out a sigh of relief god he wouldn’t know what to do if he was famous he could barley even think straight, though as he heard no respond from his golett to see what his partner was doing, though he didn’t have to look down to much, his Pokémon was 3’3” after all, though his evolution would make him enormous! Though he wasn’t there! He than panicked as he looked at the crowd to see his partner sprinting to the crowd as it got infront of the celebrity.

He immediately started to flex in front of the camera in pride as his trainer was still in shock. What was Iron maker doing?!?! He immediately sprinted to chase after the Pokémon, going under the crowd, though after he rose from the tsunami of people, he grabbed iron makers wrist.

Oh my god I’m so sorry Ms.! I didn’t mean to steal your fame! My golett is always too prideful of himself! He thinks he’s the greatest thing since fire!”

Though as he looked at the celebrity he realized it’s was no else but Lennon Keller!

Oh Acreus! I’m so sorry and I’m so embarrassed I didn’t mean to do this to your fame Ms.Lennon!”

God embarrassed was an overstatement for what he was feeling, and Iron didn’t even seem to care, what a terrible partner! He looked down to see Iron maker still flexing with the arm he had available, of course he was. He couldn’t stop being so full of pride, god imagine what he’ll be like once he evolves!

It’ll be nothing but chaos for him to control, simply just chaos.

lennon keller

# interactions; R U S T R U S T

# FC; sena kashiwazaki

♡coded by uxie♡

Lennon waved like a good celebrity should, smiling for photographs and even lifting Eevee up beside her to pose. The pokemon, however, grumbled when forced into the photographs.

"If I have to, so do you. Hurry up and look cute." The blonde hissed through gritted teeth, watching as her partner wagged its tail and puffed out its chest proudly.

With a chuckle, Lennon patted its head, taking another step towards someone with a microphone only to be stopped by a Golett. She nearly ran into it, Eevee jumped out of her arms and began hopping around the other Pokemon's feet as if it were a game. However, Lennon was terrified it would get hurt.

"Eevee, stop that!" She screeched, banging her head against the back of the tall Pokemon and falling backwards, "Ow..."

It was a shitshow is what it was, and cameras were catching the whole thing. The girl inhale sharply when someone finally came over claiming the Gollet as their own, a boy looking to be around her age. Her eyes had fire in them but the smile on her face remained, "Oh, it's no trouble." The girl forced out, though it was obvious she wasn't being entirely truthful.

In reality it was trouble, not only was her falling going to make for the most idiotic headlines, but she was pissed that she'd gotten hurt and would have to hear about the whole situation from her father and the rest of her team. Picking up Eevee, she held it tightly to her chest and began walking away from the crowds and the cameras and the idiotic boy who'd messed up her first assignment of the Santoris Festival.

Last edited:
ASH CITY

Usually, a police station can be a noisy place. With all the coming and going, and trying to get all the reports out of the way, all the investigations that seem to either just stop or suddenly accelerate sending everyone out of here.

In the middle of a festival, however, things would be at least a bit quieter given how many people would have to be helping with security these days.

So, given that, how was it so hard to find someone to talk to?

"Excuse me" He said to a passing officer, but just got passed by, as he tried. He sighed, and it seemed like he'll have to try harder.

Another attempt and another, he was already getting annoyed, so grabbing the nearest megaphone, letting out a loud screech, getting everyone's attention.

Oh, no...

He chuckled a bit.

"Now that I have your attention..." He started.

---

"Stupid, uncooperative, useless" He muttered as he was kicked out, without even an answer. A disapproving whine came from next to him, as a Growlithe gave him a bad look.

"Sorry about the headaches, Cain" He said, kneeling to give him a pet, and pulling a cookie for him. The bad mood seemed to disappear, as the little dog jumped over his trainer, giving him a lick. But that left him the question of what to do now.

He had come to expect some kind of lead to his Uncle's whereabouts but had come in empty. All he knew was that Roland was looking into some weird events, but whatever it was, he got over his head. It wouldn't have been the first time. At least he wasn't arrested this time.

His thoughts were interrupted by Cain jumping out and letting out a loud "Growl, Growl", running into a rather large line. It was for the tournament. Benji sighed at that, but just tried to keep the pace.

"Can't say no to a battle, can you?" He said, as Cain just proudly nodded.

Benji shook his head. He knew that something is weird around here. Might as well just follow the biggest event around here and see how it goes from there.

82854723-FBA2-4516-B045-97A427DC3B0E.jpeg
Henry Apples

This was the most embarrassing thing ever in his life. There was no other way to put it to, just embarrassing was the only word he can describe it by, he saw that the eeveee and iron got along so that’s good at least, not only that but it appeared that they were playing with each other so that’s even better news for him, it appeared he was slight throwing it in the air even, just to show off more to the paparazzi that was adoring the duo of Pokémon more than the celebrity herself.

As he then saw Lennon pick her quite popular and famous partner up, uh oh she looked really angry right now, like super pissed off type angry. As she left in a fit of anger, he grabbed his own partner by the wrodt as he followed after the woman. He had to do something as an apology, his mother always told him to treat your friends and be kind to others.

"E-erm excuse me Ms. Keller, I'm so terribly sorry for that I meant no embarrassment towards your name, truly, as an apology I know my words mean nothing to you so maybe I can get you something as a treat out of my wallet? My mama always said it was kind to do so. Maybe a smoothie sounds good to you? Im sure we can find some at the nearby festival happening around here."

His voice was gentle and kind, trying to befriend the famous girl and over trying to be a good person towards her, he looked slig over her shoulder too see her crew and and an older gentleman most likely her family or even perhaps her father. He knew it sucks being a celebrity but he always felt so bad for them, they were never allowed to do anything that themslev wanted too. Always having a strict schedule. It always seemed so toxic in his opinion, just overall a toxic environment for someone.

"I've never been to this region so perhaps you could show me around if your familiar with this region? If you don't mind of course don't want to intrude on your bubble and all, that would be considered rude in my family, heh."

Neve Blanchet
NeveFace.png
Interactions/Mentions: Open
"Attention all passengers, we have reached Athenia Island of the Santoris region. This is the first landing of this region, if you wish to depart please ensure that you gather all your items before making your way to the starboard side of the vessel. I repeat, if you wish to depart at the Athenia Island, please gather your items and make your way to the starboard side of the vessel. We thank you for your patronage and remember, you Kanto go wrong with the S.S. Anne!"

With that, the intercom aboard the ship let out a shrill click before it fell into silence. It's racket was instead replaced by the sound of footfall aboard the deck, along with the choppy lapping of water against the hull of the ship. To some this would be a peaceful sound, even lulling some to sleep in the same way as a wailord's cry. But to one band of otherwise intrepid travelers, it was a tiring and monotonous noise. Stumbling over towards the ramp leading down to the docks was a black-looking bird Pokémon, the creature's eyes were swirling and it wobblily began walking down the ramp- appearing more like a drunk Delibird than the Murkrow it was meant to be. Walking after this Pokémon was a purple gremlin-like creature, one hand covering it's mouth as it snickered towards the seasick bird. Taking up the rear was a Houndour, who excitedly sprinted past the other two Pokémon and down to the docks, and their human master. Taking a deep breath Neve made her way down the ramp, after five long months at sea they'd finally made it here. Normally a ship could make it from Kanto to this region in a much shorter time, but this was a cruise ship that was known for travelling the world. On the way from Kanto to here they first had to visit the Sevii Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Kalos, and then they had finally arrived at the first of Santoris's islands. "Mire you alright? I know the trip was tough on you, but we're here now buddy." She joyously stated whilst pulling a pair of purple sunglasses off her face.

"Krrrooowww" Mire meekly called back from it's seated position on the dock, it's eyes slowly focusing back from their swirling behavior. Salem continued chuckling at her recovering companion, while Pluto eagerly began running in circles around the seated Murkrow. Despite the hiccups along the way the trip had been a rather enjoyable one, and one that prompted the purchasing and 'acquiring' of numerous new goods. A new satchel bag from the Sevii Islands, a Silver Ring from Johto, a Sunhat from Hoenn, and a Pair of Purple sunglasses from Kalos. But more than that, and the roughly Pokedollar.png2,500, the experience of visiting the other regions in those short bursts was enjoyable. Unlike before, they could explore this region to their hearts content. Granted, they'd likely need to take a boat or a plan to move from one island to the other. "Lets get moving you three, I hear there's a battle tournament being hosted around here. And you know what they say; Where there's a tournament, there's a prize." Neve smirked to the trio of Pokémon before replacing her glasses on her face. The moment Mire heard 'prize' his eyes immediately brightened up, and Salem's gemlike eyes gleamed brightly.

Filled with a newfound purpose, Mire flapped into the air as the other two hurried to catch up with their masters much longer strides. This merry band of misfits hadn't seen a single sign to dictate where the nearest city was, due to an overgrown branch blocking it. Instead they relied on Mire's keen eyes in the sky to guide them along the gravel trails.

An hour of walking later, and they had finally reached a town... city... settlement of some sort. Their entry point had been especially strange, given that they had managed to walk around this settlement and entered through a side street. Mire had landed on Neve's shoulder while the other two returned to their pokeballs to rest halfway through the walk. In front of them stood a seemingly endless line, and somewhere in the commotion of asking for directions they had been pulled in line as well by someone asking them to "Save My Spot" before running off. The line had moved forward a bit, but in the fifteen minutes they'd been waiting there was no sign of the aforementioned trainer. "Krow?" Mire asked, looking down at his partner who merely shook her head in response. "From what I've gathered this is the sign-up line for that tournament I mentioned earlier. But that's all i've noticed-" She turned to look for Mire, only to notice that he was flying up towards a nearby rooftop. As her eyes followed him she noticed the glint of something shining in the sunlight, it looked to be some sort of... coin? It was only natural that he'd go after the first shiny thing he laid his eyes on, but he could've at least given a heads up.

Turning back to the line in front of her, she took another step forward before the line stopped moving once more. A popping sound could be heard as Salem reappeared from within her pokeball and stood in line next to Neve, raising a hand to point at the satchel after a moment. "Decided to join me in waiting? I hope you had a nice rest" Neve sighed and pulled the sunhat out from the satchel, for some reason Salem had taken an affinity to it ever since they stole- obtained it. Without a moments delay the Sableye placed the hat upon her head and gave a big toothy smile. "Well, if you're happy I can tough out this line for a little longer at least." Once again, the waiting game was on.

William Holton
William Background.png
Interactions: UraharaSteph UraharaSteph
William stretched himself out as soon as he stepped off the boat onto Mykora island. Boat rides to get from place to place were quite relaxing, he could get used to that. On top of that, a region with more water than solid ground would surely lead to some interesting cases the likes of which he hadn't seen in Sinnoh or Kalos. The moment William started walking Watson popped its head out of his messenger bag, sleepily blinking a few times before diving back into the bag and emerging with a small purple marble it liked to play with in its hands. "Good to see that you decided to join me back in the world of the living," William said with a grin. "I was about to do all the shopping without you."

Watson didn't seem all too impressed by the joking threat, fiddling around with the marble it was holding instead. "Including the sweets shopping." William added, earning him a grumpy glare from his partner who dropped the marble into the bag accidentally while waving its arms angrily. William chuckled. "Calm down, of course I wouldn't go shopping for sweets without you." He said, giving the Espurr a pat on the head.

"Alright, 8 down, 'Make Illegal' 6 letters. That's easy, outlaw." William mumbled, walking along the street of the shopping district, one of his hands full with a bag filled to the brim with various different packaged treats he had bought and the other holding a small crossword puzzle book he had bought to kill some time and was currently absorbed in. "Can you write that down for me? My hands are rather full at the moment." He told Watson who was busy swinging the ballpoint pen he had been given earlier around like a glowstick. "Just do it like we practiced." William said, lowering the book in front of the Espurr who put something down in the squares William pointed at with his thumb with a look of utmost concentration. William pulled the book back up and studied what Watson had written, or well, more so scribbled in the squares. Well, if we keep practicing it might actually be readable in a year or two. He shrugged and gave Watson a quick pat on the head with the back of the hand holding the puzzle book before focusing his attention back on the crossword.

"15 across, 'Bumper To Bumper Occurence' 8 letters. Well that's hardly a challenge, of course it's acci-" Watson's warning noise came too late as William's hip collided with something solid. "-dent." He looked up from the book to assess what had happened and realized he had wandered right into the outside seating area of a cafe and collided with a table occupied by a woman of what he guessed was around his age and her Happiny. "I am ever so sorry about that. I'll pay for a replacement and whatever else you want to order." He offered, eyeing the cup of coffee the impact of his collision had knocked over, thankfully none of the beverage seemed to have gotten on the woman or her Happiny.

He shot her an apologetic smile which he extended to the employee who came rushing over to clean up the mess. "Again, I do apologize. I tend to get a bit too focused when it comes to puzzles and the like." He glanced at the sign above the cafe entrance before shrugging ever so slightly, he had been looking for a place to sit down and rest anyway. He sat down at the empty table right next to her, lifting Watson out of his messenger bag onto the table. "Please take your time and order whatever you'd like, I'll pay, I'm in no hurry." He told the woman, simultaneously holding a menu out for Watson to select something from based on the pictures provided with the options.

Evelyn Joy
Luka FC.png
Interactions: Key of Stars Key of Stars

Happiny clung to Eve’s clothes and used the soft fabric to dry her eyes. The pokémon contemplated blowing her nose into Eve’s shirt as well, but figured she had done enough to frustrate her trainer already. Instead, she cuddled the doctor and listened to her run through their vacation’s schedule out loud.

“If anything overlaps, we’ll have to pick out what we want to prioritize, but I think with some careful planning and strict timekeeping, we can see it all!” Eve explained, giddy with excitement. “Alright, let’s get planning!”

She left the brochure on the table and dug into her battered, brown satchel. Eve could have used her phone to plot her course of action, but there was nothing quite like scribbling away in a floral pocket diary. As she retrieved her pen and pad, the table in front of her jolted to life.

“Goodness!” Eve squeaked.

She dropped her things and instinctively grabbed the rim of the table to steady it. Hot coffee sloshed violently out of the mug, spilling onto the table and unfortunately all over Eve’s brochure.

Eve glanced up at the perpetrator. A man with dark hair and rather gentle green eyes. He apologized as Eve grabbed some napkins and started the damage control until an employee rushed over to deal with the mess.

“It’s fine, really. There wasn’t much left,” she lied. It had almost been a whole cup. “But thank you for offering. I know how much a good puzzle can draw a person in, so really, it’s fine.” Eve smiled and thanked the waitress as well, who vigorously mopped up the spillage.

“Alright, Florence. Let’s go and pick up a new brochure-” Eve blinked as she looked down at her lap. Happiny wasn’t there. “Florence?” The menu was gone too.

The doctor glared at her little pink friend who had rushed over to the young man’s table. She proffered the menu and slapped the picture of pink poffins with determination. “Piny! Piny! Piny!” She sang, jumping on the spot to make sure the man gave her his attention.

Eve rubbed her forehead and picked up Happiny. “You’ve had enough, little miss. And where are your table manners? Look,” Eve pointed at the Espurr now on the man’s table. “This man’s Espurr can behave, why can’t you?”

“Happiny…” The pokémon sulked and tried to wriggle out of Eve’s grasp, still holding the poffin menu out to the gentleman.

Ash City, Athenia Island
Mentions: Ilikepie Ilikepie (Violet Kani)

Festive. It was the best descriptor for whatever was happening in Santoris for the past two days. In Athenia, at least, the festivity was best represented by a long, long line full of trainers looking to enter the 24-hour battle tournament. Among those trainers, there was this young man with blue hair fading to auburn accompanied by two Ninetales -- one Kantonian, one Alolan. Having two Pokemon by his side didn't mean he could just cut the line, though. He used to do that back in Skull, after all.

While waiting for his turn, the teen noticed a girl about his age with a black-and-blue Zorua signing up for the tournament. The fact that she greeted the receptionist with an "Alola" made him wonder if he had seen her somewhere back home. Was it during his island challenge? Or did he once annoy her big time back when he was a Team Skull grunt? Or had she even come to his family ranch as either a visitor or a passerby?

[Hey,] the Alolan Ninetales cooed. [Are you okay?] The concerned question seemed to snap the young man back to reality before he could draw any conclusions. "Oh? I swear I'm fine, Mio. Really," he tried to convince his Alolan Ninetales -- the one he called Mio -- only for both her and her Kantonian kin to shoot a "not impressed" glare at him. "Just hoping we all can survive this..." the young man mused as he looked back to the long line of people behind him. In a way, it was right. While he was excited for the tournament, the super long line of would-be participants could be quite intimidating.

Several trainers later, it was his turn to sign up. He came up to the counter where the receptionist was working on the registration. As with any other registrants, she politely asked him several things for registration purposes.

"Welcome. Your name, please?"
"Kalino Miller."
"Single or double?"
"Single battle."
"How many Pokemon?"
"Uh... these two."

The receptionist lady then went through all the sign-up process with Kalino before moving on to the next person in the line.

While walking out of the building, Kalino turned to his two Ninetales. "Mako, Mio, wanna get some food?" he asked them both. Of course their ears perked up at that. [Just don't expect malasadas, okay? This is Athenia, not Akala,] the Kantonian Ninetales, Mako, warned both his human and Alolan sister. That said, they all made their way to the food stalls.

William Holton
William Background.png
Interactions: UraharaSteph UraharaSteph

"Not much left? That so?" William asked, raising a single eyebrow. "This might sound rather ironic considering what just happened but being observant of details is a large part of my occupation. I would feel bad if you didn't at least let me replace the coffee, really." He said with a smile.

William stared at the Happiny with amusement, nodding along as she pointed repeatedly at the pink poffins on the menu. "I see, a fine choice, how many would you like?" He asked with a chuckle. He wouldn't be able to actually understand the Happiny but he was confident enough he would be able to take a decent guess based on the pokemon's expression. Watson chimed in from across the table, making a small noise to grab William's attention, he shot his partner an amused look. "Don't worry Watson, I already assumed you would want some as well."

Before Happiny could make an attempt at telling him how many poffins she wanted she was scooped up by her trainer and held tightly. Even so, Happiny didn't seem ready to give up quite yet, still holding the menu out for William to take.

He laughed heartily. "It's fine, I did offer after all. Also," He said, reaching into the messenger bag at his feet and retrieving something from inside. "I heard you talking about a brochure. May I wager a guess this is what you are looking for?" He held out the brochure with a smile. "Please do take it, I've committed everything that caught my interest to memory."

The same employee who had cleaned up the mess he had accidentally created earlier came over soon after, asking him for his order. "Yes thank you, I'll have one coffee, please add as much sugar as you're allowed to give me without getting in trouble. One piece of this chocolate cake and two..." He glanced at Watson's expression on the other side of the table. "Make that three pieces of this lemon cake. Oh and one plate of these pink poffins, please. Yes, that's all for this table but I'd like to order for the table next to me as well please."

He looked over to the Happiny who was still holding the menu out for him and took it with a smile. "Let's start with one plate of the same pink poffins I just ordered and please add a coffee exactly like the one I knocked over before. I promise I'll try to refrain from knocking this one over as well." He added with a self-deprecating smile, earning him a small chuckle and an 'I hope so' from the employee.

He thanked the employee before turning back to the woman. "I'm sorry, I did make some assumptions while ordering, please let me know if you'd like to change the order or add something to it. Perhaps you'd like them to make it to-go? I don't know how much I've held up your schedule, I do hope not too much."

lennon keller

# FC; sena kashiwazaki

♡coded by uxie♡

With a deep and calming breath, Lennon turned a corner and took a moment for herself, squeezing Eevee a bit too tightly before it cried out.

"Sorry!" She exclaimed, petting its head in between its ears, "You can't just run off like that, you'll get us in trouble and Dad won't let you do stuff like this with me anymore.... Okay?"

The Pokemon looked down, as if feeling guilty for playing with the Gollet. With a sigh, Lennon hold the small Pokemon close once more, shutting her eyes and just taking in the relaxing moment before setting it down on the ground.

Bending down to it, she said, "Now, how about we go and find something to eat? Plane food sucks." She giggled, only for Eevee to speak in agreement.

It was then that she heard someone calling her name, er, well, her last name which was weird. The blonde turned to see the boy and his Pokemon from earlier and any calmness she'd acquired over the past few minutes immediately went away.

She listened to his scattered apology only to sharply raise an eyebrow and lean closer to him, "Oh, so you think since I'm a celebrity I don't care about an apology and will only accept it in money? Who do you think I am exactly?" The girl was doing everything in her power not to yell.

Who was this guy? He didn't know a thing about her, obviously, but he knew who she was and was acting like he just killed one of her loved ones with how apologetic he was being. Before she could have another outburst, she felt a pain in her calf and looked down to Eevee after it used headbutt against her leg. With a groan, she crossed her arms and looked straight into the boy's eyes, practically no emotion on her face.

"I'm from Delphia Island, of course I know my way around here." She rolled her eyes, beginning to walk outside, expecting him to follow, "I also happen to know the best place for a smoothie."

And with that she was off to get them a cab, even if she did have a private driver already waiting for her outside.​

Last edited:
Benji had managed to get to the front of the line, trying to at least look as casual as possible. It was kind of a colossal failure, but Cain just nuzzled his leg and he seemed to calm down enough.

So, when it was his turn, he simply managed a more stoic expression.

"Welcome, your name, please?"

"Benjamin Ark"

"Singles or doubles?"

"Singles" Well, no need to try and show off in a two-on-one or something dumb like that.

"How many Pokemon"

"Just a Growlithe" He said, lifting the little dog Pokemon, who just waved. He gave his thanks to the receptionist and went his way. He pulled out his camera, looking around for all the views in the city. With the sun out and all the people about, he had a lot to see.

Wow, a Zorua, hard to see one of those His hands moved at great speed And both Kantonian and Alolan Ninetails, sweet!

E063FB7D-2B42-49C8-9D69-793CD6B3ABE3.jpeg
Henry Apples

Wow this was surprising, a celebrity was not the same person when then screens and cameras and even people are all over them, how surprising. That was a lie, he knew that celebrity’s were different people who just used a mask to hide who they truly are, just to be abused by their own fans for more views. How disgusting and toxic it all was, more reasons why he would never ever want to be famous like this.

W-what no that’s not what I meant! Y-your- n-never mind, it’s not important anyways- you just look like your so sad- why are you scared to just be yourself? I can tell your to scared to show people who you really are, maybe that your fans will hate you? I always saw it in celebrity’s….”

He was speaking the truth on this, the both of them knew, deep down everyone knew how much of a toxic environment of trying to be popular or famous is. Though he was happy the lady wanted to grab a smoothie or food and accept his apology gift’.

O-oh wow thanks Ms. Come along Iron!

The man’s golett gladly accepted the offer as he walked with the blonde lady that him and his friend was talking too, the Pokémon looked up at the eevee, looking up at curiosity and wondering why his partner was carrying him too, but he didn’t know that he weed extremely heavy, being made of all sorts of heavy materials.

Once they got into the car he awkwardly got in the car behind the car waiting for her to buckle in before him and his golett got in with them. Once he crawled in awkwardly into the car, as Iron followed with him, sitting in between the two humans so he could try and play with the eeveee.

Evelyn Joy
Luka FC.png
Interactions: Key of Stars Key of Stars

He was right. That really did sound ironic. Eve wondered what his job was, but thought better than pry into people’s private lives. Though the fact that he was talking to Happiny so kindly, asking her how many poffins she wanted, talking to Happiny rather than down at her… That made Eve more curious about this unobservant-observant stranger.

She cradled Happiny in one arm and accepted the brochure with her free hand. “Are you sure it’s okay for me to take this?” Eve asked, bright blue eyes flickering between the paper and the gentleman. There was no way he could have committed this much information to memory, surely?! Even if it was just the things that caught his interest. He had to be teasing her.

As the waitress took his ludicrous order, Eve didn’t bat an eyelid. He obviously had friends or colleagues joining him. Hence such a big order. Although, one coffee amongst four plates of cakes and one plate of poffins was a bit unusual. Happiny, meanwhile, was overjoyed when he ordered a plate of poffins for her. Eve didn’t want to be a kill-Joy, so decided she would hold her tongue and let Happiny have her sweet treats this time.

“You’re seriously too kind, sir. Thank you so much, but you really didn't have to.” Eve said, her smile reaching her eyes as she sat back down in her seat. Happiny perched back on the table. “Fortunately, I’m ahead of schedule! It turns out that I’m much more efficient at shopping than I gave myself credit for,” She boasted.

“Say,” Eve retrieved her floral diary and pen. With a click, the nib was exposed and she flipped to a blank page in the pad. “If you’ve truly committed some of the events to memory, would you mind helping me create a concise schedule for the week? Consider it a puzzle; fitting all the pieces together.” She grinned at him expectantly. “It may help pass the time while you wait for whoever those other cakes are for.”

“Piny~!” Happiny tugged on Evelyn’s sleeve. A subtle reminder that introductions were a thing.

“Hm? Oh, yes. I’m Evelyn. Evelyn Joy. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr…?”

~Alfie And Willow~

1643846440431.png

1643848117711.png

Current Location:

Delphia Island, Strivion Town.

Character Interactions:

@Gracidea.

Player Tags:

SheepKing SheepKing

Incidental Theme:

N/A.

1643848178279.png1643848181955.png1643848183677.png

Alfie helplessly stared at his reflection in a large black mirror, his brows knitted with concern as his stylist smoothed out his coat and adjusted his shirt collar, rambling about staff gossip while throwing in the occasional compliment to his appearance.

"So, did you hear about Jacqueline? I heard from Marsha that she's three weeks pregnant, and she just popped out a baby two months ago! Like, damn girl, we all know you love gettin' laid, but you gotta slow your roll before you sprain somethin'. She be lookin' like the Michelin man and already havin' another kid. That ain't gotta be good for her health or the baby. You gotta get your priorities straight!"

The talkative beautician circled Alfie before pulling a red-toothed comb from his fanny pack, gently gripping Alfie's face while he began combing through the unwieldy sea of lavender.

"And speakin' of priorities, I was at this cute pop n' shop the other day, and there was this pretty attractive guy frontin' at the counter. -Could you bend down a little bit for me, sugar?- Lovely little thing he was, I was gonna try and make my move on em, but some carrot top lookin' mofo cut in front of me and started to flirt with him right in my face! I swear I was just 'bout ready to start throwin' hands and go all crazy bitch on his ass. He's lucky I held back, cause Mmmmm."

Though Alfie did his best to keep up with the stylist's indecent ramblings, he was admittedly lost but kept quiet so he wouldn't hurt the poor boy's feelings. Sam was a dear friend, and Alfie knew that the beautician looked forward to talking with him. The only issue was that Sam had been talking for about thirty minutes now, and Alfie hadn't been able to get a single word in the entire conversation.

"But get this! Not only did this sugar-coated donut steal my chance at landin' a hunk of a man, but he was holdin' up the line, so the people behind me started losin' their shit like AT ME. Like, honey, no, I'm just as pissed as you are, but I'm not gonna break a nail on my lunch break. Speakin' of nails, did I tell you about the time where I managed to fit a full-sized spiked di-"

Knowing that Sam would've gone on forever if he didn't do something, Alfie cleared his throat to catch the stylist's attention, his face flushing from Sam's inappropriate comments.

"...Excuse me for interrupting, but are you sure this trip is a good idea, Sam? What if someone sees through my disguise or something happens while I'm away and I'm not here to help? Perhaps I should stay..."

Sam disapprovingly hummed and set his comb down, reaching for a spray bottle to mist Alfie's hair.

"Sugar, we've been over this. You haven't had a vacation in over two years, and I can tell it's burnin' you out. Seriously, you need some good ole' R n R. You can't just keep workin' yourself nonstop. How are you supposed to watch over an entire region if you don't make time for yourself? If you keep on givin' and givin' eventually, you'll end up runnin' outta steam, and I'm not gonna be the one draggin' your crippled ass back from the grave."

Alfie shook his head, a small smile tugging at his lips while Sam went on about how he really needed to rest. Sam most certainly had a unique way of going about things, but he was a loyal and caring friend, and that's all Alfie truly wanted.

"Seriously, hun. We got this! I don't think Sinnoh's gonna collapse overnight if you take off for a few weeks. Besides, your flight's in two hours, and you sent your mons on vacay weeks ago. There ain't no backin' out now. And don't you even think about dippin' because I will personally beat your sorry ass in a Pokemon battle and take your title as champion so you won't have no excuse not to rest."

Though Sam was smiling, his eyes were narrowed, and his tone was laced with a playful venom that suggested he wasn't joking. Following along, Alfie raised his hands in surrender and backed away, which earned him a chuckle and a pat on the chest.

"I don't know why you're tryin' so hard to get out of this sugar. Just take a deep breath for me and relax. Everything's gonna be fine. I don't think anyone's gonna recognize you, but even if they do, why hide who you are? You worked your ass off to get to where you are today, and you look fuckin' fabulous to boot! You deserve to show off like the bad bitch you are!"

With a twirl, Sam snatched Alfie's glasses from his face, handing the champ a small black box before he could panic over his loss of sight.

"Here, hun, put these in your eyes. I love ya, but the glasses has got to go if you wanna get some tail."

Alfie ran his hands over the smooth box, his vision blurry as he searched for a way to reach the inside contents. Eventually, Alfie's long fingers grazed over a tiny button, and the box popped open with a click, revealing two small cylinder objects, which he assumed were contacts.

Using his middle finger to stick the contacts in his eyes, Alfie rubbed his eyes with his fists and repeatedly blinked, the mesh of blurred colors slowly becoming clear once more. Upon seeing his appearance, Alfie's eyes widened, and he lifted a hand up to the clear glass in front of him, his reflection mirroring his movements.

"...I don't remember the last time I saw myself without glasses...I look...nice."

Suddenly, Alfie felt something light slam against his chest, and the champ looked down to find Sam grinning up at him.

"Here ya go, champ. Your bags are already waitin' for ya at the door. If you don't wanna go for yourself, at least go for me. You owe it to me for always puttin' up with your fancy shit."

Alfie sighed with a closed-eye smile, taking the passport and tucking it in his pocket. He knew that no matter how much he tried to protest, Sam wasn't going to let up.

"Perhaps you are right. I've been finding it hard to concentrate on my work as of late. Some fresh air and a change of scenery would help take my mind off things. If you are certain about my leave, I assume all of my affairs in order?"

Sam vigorously nodded, shoving Alfie toward the door with pure excitement.

"Yep, yep! The Sinnoh League's already been notified of your leave. They ain't takin' any new challengers 'til you return, and the Elite four are gonna keep an eye on things. You don't need to worry your pretty little face, sweetheart. We got everything under control. Now go out and have some fun, and I better not see your ass back here til' you're feelin' a hundred percent."

Alfie raised a finger to speak, but he was quickly shoved out the door by Sam, who sweetly waved at him before slamming the door in his face. Alfie stood there dumbfounded, unsure of whether he was truly comfortable with leaving everything behind. He had never been away from Sinnoh for longer than a week, and he wanted to be on standby just in case something happened.

Before Alfie could fall victim to his thoughts, he felt his phone vibrate and reached into his pocket to grab it. Using his phone's fingerprint scanner, Alfie unlocked his phone to find that he had received a new message from Sam.

(Samuel).

7:03 AM: "Better get going, Stardust! The clock's tickin'. 🕜🕜🕜 ✈️ ✈️ ✈️ 💨"

Checking the time, Alfie realized that he only had an hour left until his flight, invoking panic inside of him. There wasn't any time to think about it now! Alfie quickly patted himself down to make sure he had everything before grabbing his suitcases and bolting down the hallway, nearly hitting his head on a low-hanging beam.

Once he made it to the front entrance, Alfie bursted through two massive steel doors, his coat blowing behind him as he rushed down a long narrow path to his car. Throwing open the door to his blue convertible, Alfie plopped down in the driver's seat and set his suitcases aside to search for his keys, finding them nearby in a cupholder.

With the roar of the ignition, Alfie finally relaxed, slumping back in his seat while his hands gripped the steering wheel. Alfie's eyes flicked over to the car radio, and he decided to switch on some tunes to accompany him to the airport, settling for some classic jazz.

Alfie tapped his feet to the beat, his spirits lifting as he became more wrapped up in the song. Setting onto the road, Alfie mentally prepared himself for the long day ahead, watching trees and cars pass him by as he drifted further and further away from the big city he called home. Alfie couldn't deny that he was sad to leave Sinnoh behind, but the excitement of seeing all of Santoris's lively inhabitants again compelled him to push forward. He had visited Santoris a few times before to discuss business matters with the elder's daughter, but this time, things were different. He would be visiting Santoris as a guest, free to explore its four prosperous islands and partake in whatever festivities he desired. The more Alfie mulled over the possibilities, the more eager he became. Who couldn't resist a good call to adventure and the opportunity to make new friends? Alfie decided he was going to experience it all, ranging from the twenty-four-hour battle tournament that was advertised, to the exciting music festival that was being hyped up all over the web. Feeling much better about his circumstances, Alfie went about the rest of his day with a smile, not realizing that he would be singing himself up for the tale of a lifetime.

~~Time Skip~~

Alfie made his way through a crowd of people, his Zoroark Willow hungrily scarfing down a skewered kebab as he followed alongside his trainer, who was currently dodging people and apologizing for whenever he ran into someone. Alfie's face was burning hot, and he could feel the perplexed looks people were giving him, some opting to stay clear of his path entirely. It wasn't much of a surprise that Alfie would draw some attention due to his height, but he practically towered over the locals, forgetting that islanders were often much shorter than mainlanders. Thankfully, most of the locals were friendly and understanding, and Alfie didn't have any problems until...

"...Hey, watch it, buddy! The fuck do you think you're doing?!"

Alfie fought to keep his balance as someone roughly slammed into his side, causing him to stagger back. Taking a moment to collect himself, Alfie peered down to meet the furious gaze of a much smaller older male, who was wearing a sunhat and flower-printed button-up. Despite the absurd amount of sunscreen covering the man's face, he was beet red and looked like he was about ready to explode. Alfie attempted to apologize, but he was quickly met with screaming, which caused a few people to stop and see what the commotion was about.

"...My deepest apologies. It can be difficult for a person of my size to navigate through crowded spaces such as these. Unfortunately, I can't avoid everyone, even if I try to. I hope I haven't disrupted your day, but if you allow me, I could offer you a drink to-"

"I don't need shit from you, jackass! If you can't even fucking walk properly, then why the hell are you outside?! Freaks like you should just stay indoors where they belong!"

Alfie frowned at the tirade of insults but kept his composure, noticing that kids were starting to watch.

"...Sir, children are watching. If you would please calm down, I'm sure we could-"

The older man exploded, shoving Alfie back before he could finish. The crowd watching the confrontation gasped, and people began to murmur, wondering how things would play out while some pulled out their phones to record.

"Don't you dare fucking tell me to calm down, you twat! I'll say whatever the fuck I want and do whatever the fuck I want! If you had even half of a goddamn brain, you would've just shut up and stayed home, but you decided to fuck with the wrong person! I don't care if it's the Santoris Festival, I'm gonna pound your ass into next year!"

The enraged male spat at Alfie, winding up for a punch only to have his fist caught by an irate Willow, who was snarling at him with bared fangs. The color drained from the man's face, and he began to fumble over his words, trembling underneath Willow's piercing gaze. It didn't take long for the man to crack under the intense stare, and he ripped his hand away, squeaking out an apology before scurrying off.

Seeing that there wasn't going to be a fight, the crowd slowly dispersed, disappointment lingering in the air while Alfie dusted himself off, waiting for the attention to leave him.

Once the two were alone, Alfie turned to Willow, who was glaring in the direction that the man had left.

"Thank you for the assistance, Willow. It is appreciated as always. It would have been less than ideal to have to return home on our very first day of visiting Santoris."

Willow scoffed and folded his arms, still clearly bothered by the man's actions. Even if he wasn't as affectionate as some Pokemon were, Willow cared a great deal about Alfie, and it showed through his protective nature.

"You don't need to worry. I don't think that man will be returning anytime soon after that scare you gave him. One can only wonder what had him so riled up. However, I believe we best leave that mystery unsolved. Why don't we go for some ice cream? A cool refreshing treat sounds like a good way to recharge after that whole ordeal."

Upon the mention of ice cream, Willow's ears shot up, and he began dragging Alfie to the nearest ice cream vendor, Alfie chuckling at his companion's eagerness.

~~Small Time Skip~~

Alfie thanked the vendor, dropping a fair amount of Sinnoh currency on the counter before turning to walk away from the small cart, a cup of coffee-flavored ice cream in one hand and a cone of French vanilla in the other. Willow, who was impatiently waiting on a bench for Alfie to return, snatched the cone out of Alfie's hands, tearing into the ice cream like a child receiving their first birthday cake. Alfie shook his head, happy to see his companion enjoying himself, even if he was disgusted by the squelchy-smacking sounds that the Zoroark was making. Deciding to join Willow on the bench, Alfie sat down, about to take a spoonful of his ice cream, when he witnessed a young girl trip not too far away from him.

Standing with alarm, Alfie set his ice cream down and rushed over to the fallen girl, kneeling beside her.

"...Are you alright, miss? You look like you took quite a hard fall...Do you need any assistance getting up?"

Alfie held out a hand for the stranger, his voice laced with concern as his maternal instincts screamed at him. Alfie was so concerned with making sure that the girl was alright he didn't even notice the small Piplup accompanying her, or that his own Zoroark had stolen his ice cream and was watching the whole scene unfold, uncaring to move.

It was unknown whether or not the stranger would accept Alfie's help, but if she did, she would be met with a soft gaze full of care and worry.

~1643848793313.png~

Last edited:

lennon keller

# FC; sena kashiwazaki

♡coded by uxie♡

Lennon was trying to be nice, especially considering he'd just messed up her big entrance into the festival. She agreed to get food with him, hell, here she was sharing a car with the stranger. The more he spoke though, the tighter she held onto Eevee until finally it whined and she gasped, not realizing it. That was when her temper turned to the boy beside her.

"Oh, so you just know all the sob stories of us celebrities, hm?" She asked rhetorically, "No please, don't let me stop you from making snap judgements about someone you don't even know."

Her eyes glared into the deepest parts of his soul and even her partner looked away, hiding its eyes behind its tail after hopping out of her arms.

"I'm not scared to do anything, how dare you even say such a thing. You obviously know who I am, but that's the extent of what you know about me, got it?" Lennon opened the car door for him, having no interest in going anywhere with him, "Get a damn smoothie yourself." She added with a fake smile, turning around with Eevee at her heels.

How idiotic! He didn't know her, nobody fucking knew her. No one ever tried, they always just assumed they already did based on what they saw of her on the television. With a groan she saw the black car that had been reserved for her and stormed over to it, her Eevee struggling to keep up. When Lennon noticed, she paused, bending down to pick up the fluffy Pokemon and running her fingers through its fur.

"I'm over this festival already." She muttered.

It was sad too, because as a Santoris local, the festival used to be her favorite time of the year, but now it was turning into a mess and none of the events had even started.

When she got into her private car, she set Eevee down beside her and glanced up to the driver, "Take the bridge to Mykora, please. I need something to eat."

And the last thing she needed was to be running into that damned boy ever again.

Gracidea Simms
1643599396270.png
Interactions: Forgotten Melodies Forgotten Melodies

Time was nothing but an illusion as Gracidea descended closer and closer towards the ground for what seemed like eons. Yet, her mind was void of any thought. She didn’t reach her out to cushion the fall, she didn’t make a last ditch effort despite what seemed to be an infinity of time at her disposal. No, only as the floor began to come closer and closer did her neurons finally put braincells to work. She thought to herself, ‘oh’ as her head slammed onto the ground with an earth shattering thud.

Ever so eloquent she’d mumble out a simple, “….Ow.” as the reality of the situation finally dawned on her. Like a rock thrown into a pool, the crowds surrounding her rippled, moving away from the floor bound girl and going about their days. Not that Gracidea minded, the last thing she needed was a peanut gallery staring at her epic fall. Maybe if she just continued to lie there on the ground then the earth would simply consume her right then and there to spare her the rapidly forming embarrassment. No, wait. Too late, she finally reached the maximum levels of embarrassment ever known in the history of mankind itself. Why must Arceus be oh so cruel?

Meanwhile Bubby didn’t so much as earn a scratch as the tiny Pokémon simply bounced off the ground, landing so well that she may very well give Olympic divers a run for their money. Of course Bubby took a second to savor this moment of talent before perking up to search the crowd for her trainer. Waddling between sets of walking feet, she’d finally see the head of dyed blue hair that couldn’t belong to anyone else but her own oh so incompetent trainer. Where would that girl be without her? Bubby hurriedly made her way over towards the fallen Gracidea however would find her path blocked by the tallest homeless man Bubby had ever seen. Curious as to what the stranger was gonna do, the Piplup stood by and observed, ready to attack his ankles at a moment's notice.

Still lying face first on the floor with the awful taste of dirt and gravel on her tongue, Gracidea soon found that she could hear the sound of a man’s voice coming from above, however would quickly realize that he was actually speaking directly to her. However with her noggin all jumbled she couldn’t make out any sort of specific words, her bleary eyes only able to make out an outreached hand. Well, she supposed it’d be a traffic hazard if she’d continue to lie on the floor for eternity so Gracida graciously accepted the gesture, gripping his hand to heft herself up off the ground.

After a quick batting to rid her skirt of dust, Gracidea looked up at her savior with a beaming smile as she chirped, “Thank you so much! One minute I was walking and the next, Bam! On the floor. I guess that’ll teach me to look where I’m going-“

Finally the girl was able to examine the beanstalk of a man before her and quickly realized that a stranger shouldn’t feel this familiar. She knew she’d seen that face somewhere but any specifics were lost on her. Maybe he was an actor? A model? Star of a one off infomercial? Who knows. Gracidea supposed that’s what she deserved for not keeping up with ‘modern times’, as her coworkers back in Sinnoh would always say.

It finally dawned on the girl that it was awfully rude to stand there and stare at the person who just helped her up so she quickly shook those thoughts away. “S-sorry! Guess my brain’s still a little rattled from the fall” Gracidea would go to knock on her head for emphasis however she’d stop midway as another thing caught her attention. Two things to be more exact. First, her button eyes widened at the sight of a large vulpes Pokémon not that far away. He was an absolute beauty of well groomed fur, vicious claws and a glare that’d make anyone need a new set of pants. She’d only seen the creature in textbooks or on TV, right beside the famous Champion of Sinnoh. Even then, she’d recognize such distinctive features anywhere.

“Is that a Hisuian Zoroark!?” She’d blurt out aloud in pure glee, only for a look of mild confusion to seep onto her face as she finally noticed the second thing. “….that’s currently eating your ice cream?”

Pandora Lane

OIP.8Kj9OQtG-_n8bRClOIPWfgHaJ4

Pandora sipped her coffee, her eyes fluttering about watching people pass her by from under her parcel as she did her best to sort out who would be a possible obstacle later on should her plans succeed. Occasionally, she would encounter people who wished to take pictures with her or children wanting to pet Ivory, and she couldn't help but give them a side glance that was easily misunderstood for a glare that made those who had approached her apologize and go about their day, wandering the street. A heavy sigh fell from her petal lips as she narrowed her eyes at the large crowd that was enjoying the various events, blissfully unaware that the waves of tourists were causing more work for her.

Stupid posers, parading around with wide smiles thinking that the world is full of sunshine and fucking rainbows. They are probably imagining that a fairytale hero will appear out of nowhere on a Rapidash to whisk them away to their happily ever after. Pandora glared darkly at the oncoming tourism, hoping that her eyes would somehow set some of the happier ones on fire. She was broken out of her trance by a wet noise making contact with the exposed skin of her leg making her look down to see Ivory attempting to climb into her lap. He tilted his head to the side once he had her full undivided attention, trying to push his head under her hand to demand affection from his favorite girl.

Pandora allowed a small smile to grace her face as she moved her hands and made room for Ivory to climb into her lap, which he did so without hesitation. He maneuvered about in her lap, in order to become comfortable before settling down and trapping her arm, preventing her from grabbing her coffee or moving her parcel. She gently pet Ivory, turning her head to stare at the hoards of people. Just you wait posers. Soon, with my insight, Team Eclipse will fulfill my plans and I will be free to build a better world for Ivory and Luna to live in.

"Perhaps I need more coffee."
She muttered to herself, ignoring Ivory's protesting as she finished her current cup, demanding all of her attention. "I don't care if it's not good for me, I need caffeine to function. Spoiled baby, I won't neglect you." Pandora whispered gently to Ivory, watching him lean into her touch, closing his eyes in satisfaction.

Last edited:
Violet Kani
1643858486220.png
Interactions: Fangway Fangway
Violet continues walking, but Luna notices a strange man taking photos and decides to mess with him a little. While the camera is facing her, Luna glows and then transforms into a copy of that man, but with the left pinky finger in the nose and a huge smile facing directly towards the camera. After a couple of seconds, Luna giggles before returning back to normal and running to catch up with her trainer who didn't notice that Luna stopped to mess with someone. 'Taking a picture of me and my human without permission from her is just asking for me to mess with you' Luna thinks to herself.

Violet spots the food stalls and then hears her stomach growl. "Oh yeah, we rushed here to sign up early and we forgot to eat breakfast". Violet turns to face Luna and notices that her little fox pokemon is slightly farther away from her than she thought she was. "You were messing with someone again?" Luna shakes her head and pretends to be offended by her trainer asking her that. "Ok then, but do you want to get something to eat from one of these stalls?" Luna nods her heads excitedly and then points towards a Galarian styled Curry stall. "Ok curry it is as soon as I find where in my bag my wallet is this time". The battle of finding her wallet in that messy unorganized bag manages to only take a couple of minutes. Violet quickly goes to the curry stall and orders the Sweet Apple Curry for her and Luna. After a short wait for the food to cook she brings the food to a nearby table for her and Luna to eat at.

"Let's dig in!" Violet takes her spoonful of the curry into mouth and takes her first bite. "Wow!!! This is amazing!!" Violet starts eating her meal at quick excited pace, while Luna eats at a more relaxed pace.

Neve Blanchet
NeveFace.png
Interactions/Mentions: Open... currently chasing her dog.
Twenty additional minutes had went by and the line was nearing the sign-up desk, and yet the trainer responsible for this had yet to show up. Feeling a tug on her jacket Neve looked down to Salem who stared up at her, "Sableye Sableye... Sabllle." Neve offered a sympathetic smile to her companion before rifling through her bag, "We'll need to find a place to replenish our snack supply soon. Ah, here you go!" Her hand pulled free from the black bag, holding what appeared to be a cookie tin with a picture of what looked to be a lotus flower in bloom. Immediately Salem reached up and grabbed at the box, Neve handed it down whilst chuckling softly at her eagerness. In a surprisingly delicate display Salem used her claws to pop the top off from the tin and gingerly moved it beneath the remainder of the container so she could hold it easier. Within the tin was a strange collection of items, Roughly one third of the container was filled with multicolored poffins which looked to be a bit crisper than the typical muffin-like appearance. Another third of the container was filled with marble-sized pieces of amethyst and quartz. The remaining third of the container was empty, likely from where something had been eaten prior.

Without another moment of hesitation Salem began taking clawfuls of the gems and popping them into her mouth. A sound of stones grinding and loud crunching caused many of the people in line to look towards the source. Afterall, the volume of the crunching could've been something breaking. But all they would find was Salem gleefully enjoying her snack and Neve glaring daggers at the onlookers. "What? Is there a problem with how she's eating? If so I'm more than happy to step out and talk with you." Her tone came out as seemingly casual, but the cold gaze from her eyes and the strangely sinister looking grin on her face said otherwise. Hastily the man shook his head before turning away, returning their attention to the moving line instead of the loud crunching noise behind him. "Shayble?" Salem muttered with a mouthful of gems in a half-chewed state. Neve's expression returned to a much gentler one, "Hmm? Oh it's nothing to worry about. More importantly you have Gem dust on your face." She said before pulling her hand into her sleeve and wiping away the dust from Salem's mouth area. To the outside looking in on this it was almost like a mother caring for her child, but the child just so happened to be a tiny, purple, gem-eating fiend.

"Uhm..." The voice immediately drew Neve's attention, though from her currently squatted position she had to look up to see who it was. "Yes? Can I help- You!" Now recognizing the figure she stood from her squatted position. Another trainer was standing there, this one being a boy with red hair and a large grin on his face. "I've been waiting here for forty minutes. In all honesty I'm shocked that I waited here this long, I hope you at least have a plan to repay me for this... what was your name?" Pausing for a moment, she realized that she hadn't even known the name of the person who asked her to wait- and up until this very moment had assumed that they weren't coming back. "Sorry about that. Ah, I'm Myles! I went to get a drink, and since you weren't doing anything I thought you'd be good to hold my spot. But I'll definitely make it up to you." As the line began to move forward again, and Neve moved with it, the boy hopped in line after her.

"Are you signing up for the 24 hour battle too?" His voice was full of enthusiasm, and his eyes were practically shining in excitement. "Uh... yeah." Neve hadn't managed to say anything else before he had started talking over her again. "Wow... it's turning out to be a big event this year y'know!? I mean last years was pretty great, but I'm sure this years festival will be the best one yet. Me and my partner will win it all for sure." Myles ecstatically pumped his fist in the air at the sound of his own proposal, holding it in the air as if he were in some sort of sports anime. "What if I were to ask you to forfeit in the event that you fought against me, as a means to repayment." Glancing back at the overly-enthusiastic trainer, Neve noticed as he had turned pale as a ghost-type and seemed to be stunned by the comment.

Covering her mouth, Neve turned back to the line ahead of her whilst stifling laughter. "I'm joking of course, that would take the sport out of it. I'm Neve by the way." They continued idly chatting for awhile longer as the line continued forwards, after awhile Salem had her fill and handed the tin and sunhat back up to Neve before retreating into her pokeball. The remaining gemstones that they had purchased on the way here were now gone... and that meant that Salem would have to eat poffins until they had found some more. "Actually... you might be able to tell, but I'm not from around here. Would you mind telling me where we are, and how to reach other nearby towns from here?"

It was explained that they were in some place called 'Ash City' and with the help of a travel brochure, she roughly learned how to reach the other islands from here. "Next! this time Neve walked forwards, having heard the order from the contestant ahead of her she began the procedure. "Neve Blanchet, here to register for the single battles. I'll be bringing my Sableye." Expediency was key at this point, given the fact that Mire hadn't returned yet there was something to be concerned over. That or he had found the stash of the century and she needed to be there pronto. After handling a few forms she began to exit the building. "I'll see you around Myles" she waved to the boy before continuing out. "See ya! Alright, come on out Seedot, let's show em that we can win this-" the sound of the door closing behind her drowned out whatever other nonsense would be going on.

"Pluto, could you come out here for a bit?" As Neve spoke a popping noise could be heard as the Houndour materialized onto the ground in front of her, wagging it's tail excitedly. Squatting down she gently scratched behind Pluto's ears for a moment, "Mire's run off again, think you can find him?" before she had finished speaking Pluto was sniffing around, trying to pick up a scent. "That's my girl" A sense of pride struck in her chest as she watched her newest partner being so cooperative. After a moment Pluto let out a short bark toward Neve before charging after whatever scent she'd picked up on. "We don't have to go sprinting just yet!" despite having said that, Neve quickly followed suit in running after her Pokémon. She took caution in avoiding passerby's as she moved, especially those carrying food and beverages- mostly due to not wanting to go through the trouble of finding a store to buy new clothes at rather than out of concern for their purchases. The occasional bark from the two-foot tall dog pokemon guided her path whenever she disappeared from sight, now just came the task of finding their bird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back