• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokémon Academy World [Interest Check - Original Epic Adventure!]

Should we keep anime style or go realistic for Pokemon? (See pictures in thread below)

• Keep it anime style and stay true to Pokemon

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Go realistic like Jurassic World!

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.

- CHARACTER SHEETS -

3d-pokeball-pok-mon-go-png-24.png

[ Loading... ... ... ... Hello there fellow cadet! It's me silly!!!! iDex, or Interface Index... you know, the upgraded PokeDex system that many of you rag tag kids use in your phones nowadays... I swear in the REAL days when all a trainer had was a PokeDex, some running shoes, and a dream that's all that was needed! Now you all have your gadgets and err em.. I shouldn't be talking bad on technology should I? Seeing as how I'm an alogorithm myself... ANYWAYS! I hope you're ready to finally embark on your quest to becoming a fully fledged Pokemon trainer! All of your schooling and learning will finally be put to the test as you set off to begin your quest out into the world. If I could cry I'd do so in joyous celebration! This is the day where you all weave in between the world and adventure that awaits, and keeping your stellar scholastic reputation intact! You will represent your academy well, I just know it! Only the best of the best minds get into the academy in the first place, since you've been here you've known nothing but precision, education, and most of all... understanding. Of Pokemon and people's compassion alike. But now, the Headmaster has called for a new challenge, one that will push your limits. The Terranova Challenge! What's that you ask!? HAH! As if my coding would tell you. You'll find out soon enough, now enough stalling, go to class and see!!! A new world of adventure awaits! ]

This is a new original adaptation on Pokemon, however, the essence and lore of Pokemon will very much be the same. Here, characters from the core series games are put together throughout the world, but the RP will focus on our characters at the Palm Leaf Academy, a semi - high school setting. Rather than the characters leave on a solo journey at a young age, they attend school like any one of us and learn about the Pokémon world from there. Prior knowledge of the Pokémon franchise is very helpful, but not necessary. The majority of your time will be spent in the Terranova region—name taken from Japanese kanji, elements of 'inspiration' and 'feeling'. As students at the elite PLA, they are the dynamic protagonists who will interact with a plethora of characters and events that will drive the plot into a bigger expansive story while staying true to the Pokemon challenge. The story will progress in different branches depending on who we all choose to talk to and travel, who you try to befriend, pursue as a romantic interest (yes romance is allowed), who you choose to help, and much more.

At the core, the RP will mainly be Adventure, and school life. My character will be named Jewel, a popular student at PLA that heeds the call of the Headmaster. Her Theme (more on that below) will be named Magic Metal, which will comprise of Fairy and Steel type Pokemon. Okay, now to the good stuff! Lore and Info falls below!

pokemon_custom_map_by_grimgorironhide-d5gnqnd.png

The land of Terranova has many bustling cities, locations, and mystic lore hidden rich of history within it. It's infamous for The World Spire, the highest point in the known world. There are 14 total Gym Leaders in Terranova, and the Elite Four which put together make up all 18 Types of Pokemon trainers will have to face if they truly wish to become the best. What other mysteries and history does Terranova consist of? You'll have to find out!!! [This will be a realistic based system of finding and discovering new Pokemon: Grass/Bug types will only show up in common routes with meadows, grass, fields, trees, forest etc. And will NOT show up in volcanic lands. Water Pokemon will not show up in Mountain Regions, desert, etc. You get the picture. Also some Pokemon will be available on the time of day (Morning, Day, Night.) ]
To start off the RP, characters/trainers are allowed a Maximum of THREE Pokemon only! From there, they can find and explore more to add onto their roster as the RP advances. Themes will be the centric focus of characters for this RP. It will be what makes them different from any other student and trainer, and adds to their unique identity among Palm Leaf Academy and the world. Themes can be various Types, either singular or up to two different Types -> (no more than two), or they could be revolved around a certain concept / idea. For example, one Theme could be Paleo that focuses on fossil Pokemon (Kabuto, Omanyte, Aerodactyl, etc), another could be Arsenal that focuses on Weapon based Pokemon (Aegislash, Escavalier, Bisharp), one last example could be focused on a stat such as Speed (Ninjask, Pheromosa, Jolteon). Try to create a theme as unique as possible that meets the above guidelines!

I will create a main IC thread for us to RP in, and them I will create a separate IC thread via PM that will strictly be used for battles only! Battles will be done based off Pokemon stats (via online bulbapedia or PokeDex apps they're all the same base stats). An example would be whoever has the highest speed will get to attack first, and then depending on the category of attack (Physical uses Attack stat while Special uses Special Attack stat) it will be coupled with the individual move itself to calculate damage, which will then be subtracted from the opposing Pokemon's Defense or Special Defense stats, and from there will be divided by 10 to create a nuanced battling system. HP will be used to determine health of the Pokemon.

So for example: Raticate vs Pidgeotto

Raticate stats -> HP: 55 | Atk: 81 | Def: 60 | Special Atk: 50 | Special Def: 70 | Speed: 97
Pidgeotto stats -> HP: 63 | Atk: 60 | Def: 55 | Special Atk: 50 | Special Def: 50 | Speed: 71

*Raticate would attack first because it has higher speed. It chooses to use Bite, which has individual damage of 60. Add that to its base Attack of 81 (because the category is a Physical move) you now have 141 total attack. However Pidgeotto's Defense is 55 which means you subtract 141 by 55 to get 86. Divide by 10 to get 8.6 Total Damage.
Pidgeotto's HP is 63, so 63 - 8.6 = 54.4 HP left for Pidgeotto, then it attacks.

Super Effective = 2x Total Damage
Not Very Effective = Half Total Damage
Doesn't Affect... = No Damage

(I realize it's alot of math haha, don't worry I have a battle calculator to mediate all battles so it'll be simpler and fast)

Arc 1 ~ The Headmaster's Challenge
Arc 2 ~ ???

+ Jewel Masters | Magic Metal
+ OPEN
+ OPEN
+ OPEN
+ OPEN
+ OPEN

Keep it anime
006_charizard_by_pklucario-d7etumb.png

OR go REAL WORLD
_charizard__by_arvalis-d5hh5md.jpg

Okay! Let's see who's ready!!!! (-o-)

Last edited:
Oh my, I'm interested in this!

Would you like a character sheet?
Interested. I'd like to try one more time, if you'll have me. If not, I understand.
Pokemon and a school setting Sounds like Blue Lightning

Count me in!
Wow I wanna try this myself:)
I'm interested in this as well. I'll be keeping my eye out.
I'm super interested. I already have a theme in mind.

Character page is up!!! Make sure you read the rules and specifications! can't wait to see what ideas you guys have!!!

Fandom - Pokémon Academy World Characters

Ah, question: Could a trainer with a Psychic and Steel theme have a Pokemon like Honege (Ghost/Steel) on their team?
No because its secondary is Steel, but you COULD have Pokemon whose primaries are Steel and Psychic (so like Steel/Flying or Psychic/Grass, etc)
Question: would Ranger type characters be allowed in this? OppositeInverse OppositeInverse
If they won't be battling, how will you translate their goal of harnessing Pokemon energies into the RP? I may allow it if done correctly

No because its secondary is Steel, but you COULD have Pokemon whose primaries are Steel and Psychic (so like Steel/Flying or Psychic/Grass, etc)
Thanks! Good thing I messed up and Honedge's primary typing is steel! Whew, will change up my sheet to get rid of Lucario, though, since it's a primary Fighting

well they would be dealing with anyh criminal organizations (usually via battles) or dealing more stuff like injured pokemon or people and environmental disaters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back