• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom PMD - The Disappearing Law (Riolux & Runesage)

"Yeah, sorry for freaking out on you." Lyle said. "Let's head to dinner. I'm starving." His stomach enunciated that point, and he laughed. "Let's see what there is."

Dinner passed uneventfully. The food was pretty good, the conversation about the day's escapades. Lyle and Luca made sure not to mention the mirrors, but told about their first day. The other members of the guild welcomed them, and all in all, the new team felt very welcomed.

That night, Lyle lay in bed, thinking about the mirror at the end of the dungeon. Why was Trill so interested in it? Is he from Mirror City too?

@Riolux

"Hey Lyle? What do you think Trill's real name is? And how can we find out?" Luca asked as he leaped onto his bed. He wasn't sure about Lyle, but he himself wanted to know why "Trill" was so "intrigued". Luca personally felt like they deserved the answer, but Chief had made it obvious that it wouldn't be revealed. They really didn't have much to lose by guessing wrong anyway, so it'd be good to discuss it now.

@Runesage

Lyle turned to look at Luca. "You know, I've been thinking about it. He's probably from Mirror city, because he knows about the legends. He also reminds me of someone, but I can't remember who." He thought about it some more. "He seems like a leader. He's the kind of person who gives instruction and does it well... There was a training camp in Mirror City. I never was there but it was run by a Pokemon whose name was Soren. It could be him." He thought for a minute. "Yeah that actually makes sense. He disappeared and the camp closed down around the time that the Guild began to be founded here." He sat up. "I'll guess tomorrow. There's not much he can do to me." Lyle paused again. "You know, today was really great. I felt like I learned a lot. We got a lot of supplies, had some fun. I can't wait for tomorrow."

Riolux Riolux

"Heh. Speak for yourself. All I learned was that the easiest part of me to hit is my face." he joked. "But seriously, I really need to get the hang of fighting in a place like that. I don't have any idea what I'm doing in there. Didn't Chief mention a Dojo or something? Is it supposed to be set up like a Dungeon?" he guessed, figuring that'd be the only way it'd be more useful than just finding a spot to train. He didn't mean to whine or anything, but he felt he needed to toughen up so he could pull his own weight when it was just him and Lyle. Trill wouldn't always be there to hold their hands and he didn't wanna be liability.

Runesage Runesage

"Hmmm. It's probably a good idea for both of us to get some practice in. We can ask the Cheif tomorrow if we can, but the way he was talking today, it sounded like he has some more plans for us." A noise from the hallway caught his attention. Lyle stiffened. "Luca, stay very still." It was getting close to the middle of the night; not many Pokemon would be around at this hour. "Pretend that you're sleeping." Lyle whispered as he spotted a shadow coming down the halls.

Riolux Riolux

Luca did as he was told, pulling his covers over his head and leaving a bit to see through, but it shadowed his eye, making it impossible to deduce whether or not it was open unless someone pulled it off his head. He patiently waited to see who it was.

Runesage Runesage

Elsewhere...
Trill rushed into the Captain's room. "Did you feel that?"

The Captain nodded. "Someone used the Passage. They must be coming for the new team. You know who it is right?"

Trill's voice darkened. "Yeah. If I'm right, then those two are in trouble. Blitz doesn't wait and take chances. He'll get them quickly if we don't do something."

"Seal the Passage, at least temporarily." The Captain commanded. "I'll intercept him. We'll take him to the Hole." Trill nodded and dashed off.

Lyle closed his eyes halfway, enough to give the appearance of sleeping, while still being able to see some things. He spotted a Pokemon float through the door and consider the pair. The Pokemon grunted, floated over to Lyle. As the Pokemon approached, Lyle realized that it was a Bronzong. The Bronzong didn't even check if Lyle was awake; a powerful Psyshock appeared and slammed toward Lyle. Or rather, it slammed into the bed Lyle had been lying in a moment before. Diving off the bed, he managed to escape the brunt of the attack, but was struck by a glancing bolt. "Hold still, and this will hurt less." The Bronzong said, charging a Flash Cannon. Neither Lyle nor Luca had time to react to this before the floor turned glassy and reflective.

"Sorry Blitz, but you're not taking them today." The Captains voice rang from the glass. A moment later, the Samurott erupted from the floor. "You'll be coming with me instead."

"Doubtful." The Bronzong said, and he unleashed the Flash Cannon point blank on the Captain.

The Captain's eyes closed as he took the hit, then they opened, glowing a strange golden color. "Don't doubt it." Not seeming to be affected by the blast, he grabbed the startled Bronzong and dove back into the glassy floor. The pair disappeared.

Lyle could only stare in amazement. "Did you see that, or am I just dreaming?" He managed. He peered at the edge of the glassy section. "Do we follow him? Can we follow him?"

Riolux Riolux

Luca couldn't fully grasp what had happened in the span of seemingly seconds, but what he did know was that the Bronzong had intended to do them harm and most likely intended to do the same to the Captain. While his own fighting ability was shoddy, he wouldn't forgive himself if he did nothing. "No point standing here and wondering. Let's go!" he said, sounding more confident than he felt. He was honestly scared to death, but he couldn't afford to second-guess himself right now. Without a second to spare, the pair dove into the glassy surface. It felt like suddenly diving into a cold pool as light seemed to twist a bit, a bit of a shock running through Luca as he shivered. It felt strangely familiar, but foreign at the same time. However the trip and sensation was short lived, swiftly dispensing Luca and Lyle out the other end.

Runesage Runesage

Lyle looked around at the space that they had entered. It was shaped like a dome, with all walls being the same reflective surface as their floor had been. The floor seemed more solid, and less reflective, but still had a metallic sheen to it. In front of them, they could see the Captain and the Bronzong fighting. However, the Captain seemed to be holding back, focusing on something else. The Bronzong wasn't beating him, but the Captain wasn't doing much either.

Seconds later, Trill rushed into the area. "I sealed the Passage, Captain." He shouted. Trill took in the sight in front of him, seemed to focus some sort of energy, and his eyes began to glow gold as well. "I can't do much to help, sealing takes most of my strength."
The captain nodded, then turned back to the fight. He began fighting a little more vigorously, but still seemed hampered by something. Trill turned toward the pair, and his glowing eyes narrowed. "So you two can follow through... I thought so. Why aren't you helping?"

Lyle started in confusion. "We can't-"

Trill interrupted. "We're not fighting at full strength because we're currently holding a Hole, a temporary bubble in space itself, open. Next lesson. Out of dungeon combat. Your attacks are a little harder to summon out of a dungeon, except for status moves. Time also has it's normal flow, so be careful. You don't have the luxury of planning your attack. Now HELP!" Trill barked, and Lyle found himself moving towards the fight at the order.

Status moves, huh? In that case... Lyle thought, before he summoned energy to his hands. They began to glow a faint red color with sparks floating around. A beam of energy shot from between his hands into the Captain, the Helping Hand augmenting his strength. The Captain seemed to pause in the combat, noticing the two of them for the first time, then grunted and resumed fighting. The Helping Hand did, in fact, help. The Captain was able to do more and press his advantage for the first time. "Let's go Luca." Lyle said, summoning a Spark attack with a little difficulty, before getting ready to run in.

Riolux Riolux

"Help? How? The guy's made of metal!" he said, not seeing how his pathetic little Scratch attack would do much until he recalled one of Trill's lessons. 'Don't look for the energy. Look for the lack of it.' he remembered and summoned the effort to do so. While it was difficult, he successfully managed to draw enough negative energy to fire a Dark Pulse at the Bronzong.
Runesage Runesage

The Bronzong noticed the two of them coming and attempted to attack them, but the Captain drew out his Seamitar, charged with a Night Slash. The Bronzong was forced to dodge the Night Slash, making him unable to dodge the Dark Pulse and Spark. It staggered back, stunned by the energy striking him. "I'm going to need you two to occupy it while I seal it in here. It may get violent once I do, the process isn't pleasant." The Captain said. "Get ready, NOW!" The Captain disengaged and began to focus energy into his Seamitars, which began to glow gold.

"Get violent? What is he now?" Lyle asked, but there was no time to respond further. He charged in with another Spark, hoping that the attack would paralyze the Bronzong. The Bronzong noticed the attacks coming in, and prepared to use Iron Defense to try to survive the attacks.

Riolux Riolux

Luca, spotting the attempt, scowled. "Oh no you don't, tin-head!" he called out, using the move Snatch this time and pulling the defense-boosting move into himself instead so that Lyle and the Captain's attacks could hit full force. "Go all out, guys!" he called to them.

Runesage Runesage

The Bronzong scowled as his attack was stolen. "Got it. Stand back." The Captian said, and he swung his Seamitars. Golden Blades of energy struck the Bronzong, and it's eyes widened. It was difficult to notice, but Bronzong's reflection, previously missing, returned, and the Captain slumped slightly, energy drained out of him.

"YOU WILL PAY!!!" The Bronzong screamed, and began to spin rapidly. The Gyro Ball struck Lyle head on knocking him back. Lyle managed to activate Spark before he was hit, allowing him to do some return damage, but he had the wind knocked full out of him.

"Ack!" Lyle grunted as he struck the walls of the dome. "That hurt... Ow." Lyle rose shakily to his feet. He saw small electrical sparks traveling up and down the Bronzong. "He's Paralyzed Luca." Lyle said. He pulled the energy to each hand, forming a Signal Beam in one, and Helping Hand in the other. He shot the Helping Hand toward Luca and the Signal Beam toward the Bronzong. The Bronzong didn't care as the Signal Beam struck him, and he began charging a Flash Cannon, pointed directly at Luca.

Riolux Riolux

"Aw this is gonna suck..." he said to himself as he fired another Dark Pulse, hoping to keep distance between him and the Bronzong to give him room to dodge, silently praying that the boost from Helping Hand would be enough to finish off the attacker. 'C'mon! Just faint already!' he thought to himself as the attack traveled towards it's target.

Runesage Runesage

Lyle watched the Dark Pulse intercept the Flash Cannon, tearing through the metallic blast. It struck the Bronzong head on, staggering him, while some residue of the Flash Cannon struck Luca in return. The Bronzong roared, floating back up, before Trill seemed to materialize behind the Bronzong, knocking it out with an attack. The Captain smiled ruefully. "That was my fight."

"Save it Captain." Trill said. "We've got to get out before the entrance destabilizes."

"Right. Let's go you two." The Captain swept them out through a portion of the wall. They appeared in the bedroom, everything as they had left it. A small patch of ground was reflective still, but otherwise the room was normal.

"What happened?" Lyle asked. He caught a glance between the Captain and Trill. "You aren't going to tell us, are you?"

"Actually, I was planning on telling you eventually, but this attack definitely moved up the schedule. We were going to practice out of dungeon combat tomorrow. I think you've got your practice, so I'll answer your questions instead." Trill said. "Now get to sleep. I'll come get you when we've all recovered. Unless you have any questions that can't wait." Trill said.

"I don't." Lyle said. He examined his bed, still intact even though it had been blasted, then climbed in. "All good things come to those who wait." He muttered.

"What about you Luca?" The Captain asked.

Riolux Riolux

"I have so many questions swimming in my head right that if I asked now, we might be here for the better part of the week."he answered, feeling utterly exhausted. He'd never used a real move before today and the fact that it was harder to do so outside of a dungeon did not help things, though it did make him confident that he'd be able to do so later. That said, his mind was full of unanswered questions so he wasn't quite sure if he'd be able to sleep restfully. Though considering someone tried to sneak into their room and murder them, he wasn't likely to do that for a long time. Accepting his answer, the Captain and Chief left their room as Luca climbed into bed.

The next morning, Luca climbed out of bed, rubbing his eyes in exhaustion. He'd had a rather restless night, so he was hoping his partner got a bit more sleep. Deciding to find out for himself, he leapt out od bed and walked over to Lyle, shaking him a bit dude. "Rise and shine, Lyle."

Runesage Runesage

Lyle had slept fitfully, waking at the slightest of noises. However, he hid his exhaustion as his partner shook him awake. "I'm up. I'm up..." Lyle said clambering out of bed. Something felt a little off with him today, but he attributed it to the fitful sleep.

"Good you two are awake." Trill said from the doorway.

Lyle jumped at the noise. "Chief, you can't just sneak up on someone like that after someone attempted to attack us last night." He said wearily.

Trill chuckled. "Old habits die hard. I've brought you two food. I have a feeling that breakfast is going to be skipped by way of questions." He handed the pair of them two bowls of food. "Now. The Captain is busy sleeping last night off right now. I'll take the questions."

Lyle raised his hand, and Trill laughed again. "What was that?" He pointed at the still reflective patch on the ground."

Trill sobered instantly. "That was a temporary pocket in space that the Captain made. We sealed the Bronzong, a crook named Blitz, inside by sealing his reflection in with him. You two were able to enter because, for some reason or other, you don't have a reflection for that kind of mirror. Some mirrors have this kind of space behind them, and you two will be able to figure out which those are and enter them. It's part of why I wanted to train you, and it's probably also why the Bronzong was after you."

Riolux Riolux

"So me and Lyle can...enter these...special mirrors at will, but so can you and the Captain. Why would he bother with us two before trying to take out greater threats in a less...stupid method?" he asked, wondering why they'd been zeroed in on when the Chief and Captain were obviously the bigger threats. 'That Bronzong basically asked for a 4-on-1 battle with how he handled that.' he thought to himself.

Runesage Runesage

"We think you two were his targets. His method of entrance was clever. He came through the big mirror in the main room. The Captain and I call it the Passage. We sealed it off for now, but it got him into the building without any alarms tripping. Luckily for us, the Captain and I made the Passage, so we can tell when someone moves through it. He wasn't expecting us to know."

"So they were after us because we can go through the mirrors..." Lyle mused.

"That's what the Captain thinks. I'm not as sure. It might have to do with why I'm interested in you two in particular. There are a fair amount of Pokemon who can travel through Mirrors, and they don't get targeted as much as you two. Speaking of my interests, have you two figured out who I am yet?"

"Are you Soren, the instructor?" Lyle asked.

"Yes, but that's not my original name. So now I get to say your secrets." Trill said, gazing intently at Lyle. Lyle began to grow slightly nervous. "You know, I don't like secrets between partners. The Captain knows all of mine. You two should consider telling each other, before I have to." Lyle grew even more nervous as Trill's stare seemed to pierce into his soul. "Any further questions before I reveal?" He asked Luca.

"Hold on, you can't possibly know-" Lyle cut himself off at Trill's icy glare.

Riolux Riolux

"Hey hold up, Chief!" Luca said, stepping between Lyle and Trill with a glare of his own. "This was a Team decision to guess that name, so just because the words happened to leave Lyle's mouth doesn't mean it's gotta be his secrets that get ratted out. I can understand someone wanting to keep something to themselves til they feel the time is right. It's only natural. Going around saying it for them isn't cool, though. So how about this? Tell him one of mine. If you even can that is." he challenged. He wasn't sure why he'd gotten so worked up, but he knew that he didn't like someone going on and essentially picking on his only friend in this crazy world. What he did know that, for all intents and purposes, he basically popped into existence yesterday and there was no way Trill would know a thing.

Runesage Runesage

"Ok." Trill said, taking a breath. "You were-"

"No, Luca. It was my idea for the name. You don't need to-"

Trill interrupted. "Well if you both want the other to tell the secrets that much, then do it." A silence prevailed over the room.

"I-" Lyle began, before hesitating. Trill drew breath to say something, and Lyle shouted, "I was a crook, OK!" He took a breath again, having finally spoken the words aloud. "I'm a con artist, thief, lockpick, and pickpocket. I could make up and convincingly tell you any story about my childhood, and you'd probably believe it."

"Mina was in on it too." Trill said. "You met her trying to scam a gang leader."

Lyle nodded. "We met and were instant friends. We were so close, that we passed as siblings for some cons. She was always my better half. We joined a gang that kept the order in Mirror City." He looked at Trill and Luca. "I don't know how you knew about Mina."

"That's my secret. I told you, I'll tell you everything if you can find my name." Trill looked at Luca. "Your secret? You were a human., right?" Trill said. Another silence followed, as Lyle tried to process that information.

Riolux Riolux

Luca hadn't quite been able to register Lyle's huge secret before Trill pitched out his own out of almost nowhere. He wasn't expecting Trill to guess so confidently nor so accurately. "Ehehehe...wow...I'm...pfft ahahaha!" he said, unable to stop himself from laughing at the sheer absurdity that someone in this world could so easily just get that he wasn't normal. "What gave it away? I look like a completely Zorua to everyone else." he inquired. He hadn't kept the fact that he'd once been human a secret for any other reason than because it'd seem to insane to be true so he at least had that off his chest. He wondered how Lyle was taking it.

Runesage Runesage

Lyle chuckled for a little bit, then realized what Luca's response was. "WAIT IT'S TRUE!?!" Lyle shouted in disbelief.

Trill winked at Lyle. "You gave it away with the way you balanced your weight. No natural born Zorua would distribute as much weight on his hind legs as you do. Also, your lack of knowledge on the world helped clue me in. And," Trill sobered again. "If I noticed these secrets, others will as well. You need to work on keeping that hidden. There are Pokemon that will hunt you down for that. Not all of us are as accepting to bizarre things as me and the Captain"

"I'm still trying to wrap my head around that. Wait," Lyle's head whipped around. "You mean the Captain knows about me too?"

Trill nodded at Lyle. "He knows, but he also knows you can work with it. Use those skills to help Pokemon, and we'll all be fine. Any other questions?"

Riolux Riolux

"Just one. Are there others like us? And if so, why us specifically? Would others be in similar danger?" he asked, not having any other and it was nagging at him all night. 'If there are, they could be in just as much trouble as we are.' he thought to himself.

Runesage Runesage

"There are others like us." Trill said, and Lyle nodded, knowing where this was going. "Mina, your friend, has the ability, and from what we know, she's in as much danger as you two. There are others that the Captain and I are aware of, but they don't seem to be in trouble. Most of them actually would be hunting for you. As for why you two would be targeted, well, we don't know for sure." Trill seemed hesitant to admit that he was ignorant of something. "My best guess is that there's something different about you three."

"Mina's involved too?" Lyle asked. "Should we go help her?"

Trill looked at him. "That's for you to decide. Is she in trouble right now?"

Lyle thought for a minute. "She's still running with the Shades right now, as far as I know. She should be fine..." He considered the events of the last night. "I don't know. They're pretty close-knit. They'll take care of her. What's different about us?"

Trill looked really uncomfortable now. "I- I don't know. I feel like I should, but, there's something blocking it. The knowledge is there, but..." Something was clearly aggravating him.

"Whoa, whoa, it's fine!" Lyle said. "Now that that's all out of the way, what are we doing today?"

Trill brightened. "We've got our out-of-dungeon combat practice in last night, so we're going to do another in-dungeon mission. Outlaw mission this time. You can pick where." Trill said to Luca.

Riolux Riolux

Users who are viewing this thread

Back