• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Plotting Plots

deathworm

hippie scum
Basically just putting these out there to see if anyone would be interested. Looking for semi-detailed, a paragraph or two minimum but more is welcome. I don't like unnecessary verbosity, over the top drama, or characters who just don't behave like actual humans would. Other than that, I'm not picky. Looking for mxm, mxnonbinary or nonbinaryxnonbinary if you want romance. But if you wanna play it platonic, gender doesn't matter at all. But for real, I have absolutely zero interest in cishet romance because pretty much every roleplay ends in it and I'm just bored with it. I'd maybe be open to fxf but I rarely play women so I don't know how I'd be at it? It shouldn't be much of an issue, just a bit out of my comfort zone.

Anyway, plots! I default to Muse B in these, but if you wanna play them I'm open to it. The more exclamation points by a title, the more interested I am. PM me if you're interested.

The Cardinal
Muse B hates their job. There's no benefits, the pay is basically nonexistent, their boss is a major asshole, and they always have to work overtime. They'd quit if they could but unfortunately being a grim reaper isn't a voluntary position. So they've more or less resigned themselves to an eternal life of dragging crying souls into the afterlife. After a while they kind of just numbed themselves to the reality of their work- it gets easier if you just think of them as corpses rather than people. It's on a routine run that they first see Muse A. Of course, Muse A is dying. They're about thirty seconds away from kicking the bucket when Muse B shows up. But there's something about them that makes Muse B pause just before delivering the final blow. In an act of mercy they don't quite understand Muse B spares Muse A and begins checking up on them every day, watching as they slowly get better.

Of course Muse B can only get away with this for a short period of time before the big bosses catch on. At first they demanded Muse B just shapes up and take care of it, but after an embarrassing amount of groveling and calling in favors, Muse B convinces them to let him prove Muse A should be allowed to live. So Muse B is given one month to live on Earth as a human and prove Muse A is worth saving. The main issue is Muse A doesn't know that.

All The Good Ones (!!!!!)​

Muse A loves his fiancee. Really, he does. She's smart and funny and kind and beautiful and she's been his best friend since their freshman year of college. So of course he loves her. He just can't make himself fall in love with her no matter how hard he tries. It's not like he doesn't want to- he's pretty sure he'd be happy with her. Happier than he'd be alone and that's his only other option seeing as he's gay. In an ideal world, he could find a man just like his fiancee and live a truly happy life, but thanks to a strict religious upbringing and his still overbearing parents, that's not even an option.

Which makes it all the more difficult when he goes over to his fiancee's parents house for Christmas and meets her twin brother, Muse B, for the first time. He's recently back from spending the past few years in Europe and it seems like trouble from the beginning. He's only heard vague rumors about Muse B through his fiancee, things about how much trouble he was in high school, how he ran off to Europe with no explanation, numerous stories of his drunken antics, though she never mentioned the bit about him being gay. Maybe he's not quite as perfect as his sister- he's arrogant and loud and a little bit of a mess. But none of that stops Muse A from falling for him at an alarming rate. It doesn't really get complicated until Muse B starts to return his interest.

(I'd prefer to set this one a bit in the past, sometime around the 80s/90s to ramp up the stakes)

Triangulation (!!!!)

(this one is technically a onexonexone, so I'm hoping to get two other people)​

Muse A and Muse B are in love, just not with each other. In fact they pretty much despise each other and about the only thing they have in common is that they're both in love with Muse C. Or at least, they like them. 'Love' is an awfully strong word to toss around before you even start dating. But both of them are convinced that they're going to be the one that ends up with Muse C. Unfortunately for Muse A and B, Muse C seems to have little interest in settling down with either of them just yet and is perfectly content to bounce back and forth between them with no intention of commitment.

Forced into interacting due to their mutual love interest, Muse A and B are caught in a game of tug of war, each one trying to convince Muse C they're the right one for them. Tensions are high and a confrontation seems inevitable, but the line between love and hate has always been blurred. So when Muse A starts to think Muse B is kind of cute when he's mad, which is always, and Muse B notices the way Muse A's eyes light up when he's insulting him, things get a little more complicated.

Please Stay
Muse A and Muse B have both been single for a while. That's why when Muse B drunkenly approaches Muse A at a bar one cold night, Muse A finds themselves going home with a complete stranger. It's better than sleeping alone, right? At least until you realize that stranger is your worst nightmare. But it's just a one night stand- Muse A decides to enjoy themselves and vanish in the morning so they can pretend it never happened.

It's never that easy. When Muse A wakes up and tries to leave in the morning, they find themselves trapped by several feet of snow. A sudden storm has left them trapped with Muse B. And while they may be good in bed, Muse B doesn't have much else going on for them in Muse A's eyes. But for now, they're going to have to make due. At least Muse B has a well stocked liquor cabinet.

Last Resort (!!)​

Muse A and Muse B don't have much in common besides both being in the witness protection program and that's not saying much. Muse A is an innocent victim of circumstance and Muse B is a career criminal who ratted out his boss. But due to budget concerns and general incompetence, they've been thrust together by the government which is how they find themselves posing as an engaged couple. In a strange town with no friends or family, they're all each other has.

Catch and Release (!!)

Muse A is a hopeless romantic. They cry at weddings and romcoms and genuinely believe their soulmate is waiting for them somewhere out there. So when they end up hooking up with Muse B at a party it's love at first sight. Or at least Muse A is convinced it could be until they find out the truth about Muse B- he doesn't believe in love. In fact he has a serious fear of commitment. After their night together, Muse A is heartbroken by their asshole of a soulmate and Muse B is irritated by the lovesick puppy he accidentally picked up. They both decide to forget it ever happened but life has different plans and when Muse B returns to a job they hate on Monday morning they're face to face with their new boss- Muse A.

Till Death (!!!!!!)
Muse A is dying. They've known for a while but after their last doctor's visit things really aren't looking good. As they're getting ready for the end they realize how little they've actually lived. Most importantly, they've never been in love. Of course, you can't just find your soulmate. But you can find someone to fake it. So they post an ad online- if someone will marry them and play the role of their loving partner for their final days, they'll inherit everything Muse A has, which is a considerable amount. And they'll get to accompany Muse A as they complete their bucket list. For a week or so the ad goes unanswered but Muse A wakes up one morning to an email received in the middle of the night. Just a few words- "I'm your guy."
Muse B has lived a little too much. At one point they wanted to be an actor but after years of bad choices and nights they can't remember they just need some money. So when they find some weird Craigslist ad promising travel and a sizable payout during a drunken crawl through the Internet. In the sober light of day they aren't so sure about their choice but they can't abandon a dying man. Besides, a jobs a job and Muse B prides themselves on their professionalism. It doesn't hurt that Muse A is actually kind fun to hang out with.

Last edited:
I'm interested in all of these plots tbh I can't choose. If I had to pick I'd go with Last Resort or Domesticity? Or Triangulation if someone else is interested in participating in that plot as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back