• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Please guide me to the correct forum.

CDBeetle

Hi, having a problem here. I am creating a sort of "nature/ecosystem traveller" sort of thing and the things what I RP are sort of technically not very sentient made-up animals, so I was thinking is there some place on this site which would be tended towards semi-realistic zoology/botany.

The roleplays on this site are broken up by setting

A version of our world (with magic but same geography) would go in Realistic or Modern

A completely made up world with or without magic would go in Fantasy

Futuristic would be a made up world with like space travel and aliens.

As a side note I love field guides and making up magical critters. If you are interested in 1x1 shoot me a pm .

(if you can’t pm let me know and I’ll send you one myself)

Putting it into words, it is kind of like playing an animal simulation game, but through drawings and descriptions. Basically kinda writing a diary for a made up animal or a plant and adding pictures. How sentient it is depends on the situation - it is usually normal for it's species but sometimes does things that humans would definately find unbelievable.

Hmmm...how would you interact with other players then? That seems to me like the confusing part.

What are the origins of this creature? How can it's existence be justified, through science fiction means or through fantasy means?

Putting it into words, it is kind of like playing an animal simulation game, but through drawings and descriptions. Basically kinda writing a diary for a made up animal or a plant and adding pictures. How sentient it is depends on the situation - it is usually normal for it's species but sometimes does things that humans would definately find unbelievable.

Again the roleplays on this site are purely categorized by where they are set.

So if the creatures lives in a version of our world than it would be put in the Realistic / Modern section.

If it lives in a totally made up world then it would be put in Fantasy

If the creature is some kind of alien it would go in Futuristic.

About the interaction part, I admit, I haven't figured that out just yet. That would be my avatar (which by the way would not always be the bug seen in my logo) joining someone's game or me just creating a game taking place on a certain territory with some other players joining it (if it even be that successful).

The creature/creatures are based on science-fiction since they come from a Earth-like planet with no distinct civilization. The way my species are described makes them (and my world as whole) seem more sentient than they actually are. I am better at figuring out how species work rather than creating a realistic civilization, which is why it looks confusing right now.

All in all, I'll come up with something eventually, thanks for giving the support!

Last edited:
Right at the moment I am probably to busy at still creating the world. Once I show what kinds of things there are, things will probably get more easier. One problem might be that most of RPs write sentient characters will civilizations and stuff and I'm not exactly good at that yet. The things I create are more primitive in nature, kind of like "Future evolution" type of stuff. I mean I can interact as my beetle person too, but it probably won't be anything serious for now.

About the interaction part, I admit, I haven't figured that out just yet. That would be my avatar (which by the way would not always be the bug seen in my logo) joining someone's game or me just creating a game taking place on a certain territory with some other players joining it (if it even be that successful).
I see. The thing is it seems what you want to work on is less a roleplay and more a worldbuilding journal. There isn't anything wrong with that of course, I myself am quite the world building enthusiast, plus don't take that as to mean that you can't roleplay these creatures of yours, it's just that your interest seems to lack a story axis, being entirely centered on developing and showcasing the beings you've created, rather than making an actual roleplay.

If this sounds about right to you, and you have a discord, I can invite you to my worldbuilding discord group. Activity has been slow since I haven't been able to make my presence overly abudant as of late, but you know...

The creature/creatures are based on science-fiction since they come from a Earth-like planet with no distinct civilization. The way my species are described makes them (and my world as whole) seem more sentient than they actually are. I am better at figuring out how species work rather than creating a realistic civilization, which is why it looks confusing right now.
Going by this answer, and assuming you're looking for actual roleplay (in which case I REALLY urge that you think about the matter of other players, as that is the most important aspect of having a working roleplay), then this would probably fall into the "futuristic" subforum, by virtue of being science fiction-based.

Highly agree, I might have to try a worldbuilding group first. I might have been too inexperienced to directly roleplay and so I came here mostly to discover if this is where I could build up a forum game or join a similar game, but, nontheless, I will keep this account, in case, if I'm actually ready to roleplay for real later.

From the previous site I came, everyone developed and showcased their creations too and then we would communicate about that and exchange ideas while building the world together, but that particular site (I don't want to cause gossip trouble so I don't directly mention it also I might have taken the sites demands wrong) found the idea of developing and showcasing a creation in a story-like manner too RPG and ended banning all the RPG-like threads so I couldn't further my project there. Browsing that site's thread on RPG banning, found an address urging for everyone that's interested to use rpnation instead, so here I ended up.

:(
Nope, i'm discord-less right now, so I'm kinda on my own on this.

I see. Your wants seem rather contradictory or maybe I'm just not entirely understanding them. Either way, I wish you the best of luck in finding what you want and your place in this community!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back