Character Theory Playing the Other Gender- A simple Guide

Especially since it makes like literally no sense

First off this is not how the gay works. You can not contract it like a communicable disease from fictional characters that you create for a fun hobby.

Secondly women write male characters in romances all the time and no one is like OMG YOU HAVE CAUGHT THE GAY if that male character happens to be romancing a female character.

It's just seen as well someone has to play the male and we certainly aren't going to wait around for an actual factual male humanoid person to come around soooooo uh you wanna play Dude A and I play Dude B?

Thing Three I don't think male romance writers are that common and if they are they're not going to be asked to play females. Like nah fam that's straight unrealistic.

I mean if they want to play females that's cool. But no one is like *CLUTCH PEARLS AND SWOON* your playing A STRAIGHT FEMALE?!!! LADIES STAY BACK HE HAS CAUGHT THE GAY! QUICK TIME TO QUARANTINE HIM BEFORE IT SPREADS.

Fourth Point Like why would women be horrified by gay men? Or the fact that the male they're doing a romance roleplay with might be *LE GASP* a GAY?!!!! Like seriously? Why would we care?

Or is the assumption that this is somehow a roleplay between two straight males that are both playing lesbian females so they can be like totes no homo bro. yeah me too.

I am actually genuinely curious on the backstory of that ( hopefully ) joking comment. Like I seriously am so baffled and amused by the entire concept.

Whoa, guys, look at the language they used! It was clearly a joke! Geez! XD

That being said, I am almost explicitly gay in RPs, but very straight in real life. So... *shrug*

Yeah I know it was most likely a joke I was just putting a little flourish on the hilariousness of it.

I mean I don't think it really matters what your characters are. If they're blue spotted pansexual dogs from a galaxy far far away that doesn't mean you are secretly space fido slumming it on a roleplay site with us inferior humans.

So like duh your character isn't yourself.

I mean I can understand wanting to play to your own sexuality for immersion purposes ( it helps you get into the roleplay if you and your character fancy the no no regions of the same people ). But that has nothing to do with "catching the gay".

Because ya know gay doesn't work like that.

But I do think it's genuinely hysterical when I do come across people who are genuinely that insecure in their own identity. That they get all *CLUTCH PEARLS AND SWOON* indignant about being asked to play anything that is not themselves ( or especially their sexuality )

I mean I don't think it really matters what your characters are. If they're blue spotted pansexual dogs from a galaxy far far away that doesn't mean you are secretly space fido slumming it on a roleplay site with us inferior humans.
You know, it's a common dialogue I have after getting to know my RP partner:
"Wait, you're a straight male!? Why do you play a bisexual guy then?"
"Oh, so the fact I'm playing an ADHD half-demon with magic powers that spontaneously combusts doesn't bother you? Only the wider sexual preference?"

Because ya know gay doesn't work like that.

But I do think it's genuinely hysterical when I do come across people who are genuinely that insecure in their own identity. That they get all *CLUTCH PEARLS AND SWOON* indignant about being asked to play anything that is not themselves ( or especially their sexuality )
Ignorance is bliss, so they say. Whether it's true or not, I prefer to think they're whether kids who are afraid to be bullied at school or just joking, as, clearly, in XXI century you cannot think that way, right? (please, don't ruin this for me)

I'm dying from homsexuality being referred to as "the gay." Tip: many things become funnier when you put "the" in front of the,. For example: The Jesus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back