• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Player's Choice | CS

Ravenclaw

Since I'm going to mostly have a hands off role, your CSes are primarily for your reference when playing. Here's what I'd like. * denotes required. If a required item does not apply, please explain.

Name*:
Age*:
Faceclaim or drawing if applicable:
Appearance description:
Relationship status if applicable:
Species*:
Description of species if not human:
Personality description*: strengths, weaknesses, how they react in different situations, etc.
Background*: for humans, this should be basic biographical information about your upbringing, etc.
Family history*:
Extra notes or descriptions*:
Writing sample if you want: this will contribute to my decision in case I get too many CSes and I'm selecting, but otherwise I won't judge by your writing
While I'm normally very picky and selective about who I RP with, since I will simply be dictating events and plot twists, I'll be accepting anyone. In an effort to prevent things from getting too hectic, however, I'll probably cap at 10-12 or so, though in that case it will not be first come first serve and I will select those who I think will be the best fit.

If you are going to submit a WIP, please tag me in the OOC (which I will be creating shortly) when it's finished.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Name*: Cualli
Age*: 17
Faceclaim [real only] or drawing if applicable:
79395076ce8984ecb9f784785ff38e3d.jpg
Relationship status if applicable: Single
Species*: Alpaca centaur; some refer to centaur hybrids as centauris.
Description of species if not human: Think of a regular centaur, but with alpaca parts instead of horse. These people are very peaceable ane live secluded in the high mountains.
Personality description*: Cualli is a gentle soul, much like the rest of her people. She has a passion for the weaving arts, and often aids as a shepherd to her village's large sheep herds. She has no experience with weaponry, and often shies away from such things. Cualli is an overall sweet and kind person, never raising her voice and having an empathic spirit. She can, however be too much of a follower and become reluctant to voice her own opinion .
Background*: Cualli was born and raised in her small village, Xepu, and still lives there now. Her childhood was largely uneventful, but blissful. She is still considered young, and that she is, but had wondered what it is like down the mountain.
Family history*: Cualli's family has been living in Xepu for many generations, h lping the other inhabitants in raising mountain sheep, which are their main export. There have really never been any outstanding members of her family, or of any family in the village, really.
Extra notes or descriptions*: Alpaca Centaurs so not actually shave their own wool to make clothing. That was a rumor spread by gods know who, and they take great offense at it.

Last edited:
Name*: Validral Quinndus
Age*: 255
Faceclaim [real only] or drawing if applicable:
plague_doctor__the_black_death_comes_by_lockinloadeadly-d6w3xzr.jpg

Relationship status if applicable: Widower
Species*: Lich
Description of species if not human: A lich is the result of a transformation, as a powerful magician or king usually striving for eternal life uses spells or rituals to bind his intellect and soul to his phylactery and thereby achieve a form of immortality. Unlike a typical zombie or skeleton which are often depicted as mindless, a lich retains independent thought and is usually at least as intelligent as it was prior to its transformation.
Personality description*: Despite being what many at first think to be among the worst of undead Validral still retains some degree of the compassion he had when alive when it comes to helping others in need. However, his travels and changes have tempered his passions to make him more cautious and patient. He uses his knowledge and magic skills in order to make plans and strategies and acts on them as efficiently as possible.
Background*: Validral's life began in Tiroth, a nation in the far west with long history of conflict between the four noble houses that governed the country. In life Validral was a human mage that spent much of his young life working under his city's magicians, and found himself proficient with healing magic. However, all his skill meant little during the great plague that visited his homeland. His teachers, his friends, his fellow mages, his parents, even his wife and young son fell one by one as the months came and the sickness seemed unstoppable. He soon found himself bearing the intense pain and skin discolorations and other symptoms of the plague as well. In a desperate last ditch effort to keep going in his attempts to fight this disaster he dug deep into the vile tomes and rituals the archmages used to keep locked away. He was successful in his attempts at immortality, but not in his original goal. Many years later he was eventually able to begin tracing back where the sickness came from, learning of it origins.

The great Hellfire Plague had it's roots in a cursed artifact that was brought into the land by House Jorasco, who intended to use it to cement their supremacy on the nation by using it's magic to enslave the other nobility. But for reasons unknown instead of breaking the mind of people, it instead unleashed a deadly sickness upon everybody before it mysteriously vanished on the night of a full moon. Faced with the possibility of the artifact still existing out there, Validral's new purpose in life was clear: Find it and either destroy it or hide it away from everybody.

Even now, over two hundred years later Tiroth still has to contend with the Hellfire Plague in many pockets of the nation and it looks like until the plague's source is destroyed it will never go away. Even now the lich still continues what many would call a fruitless search. He rarely visits his home country on his travels, feeling nothing but melancholy for how it suffers while he searches.

Family history*: Validral's mother was a priest for one of the temples within the city while his father was a teacher at the local magic academy in their country. Even though they were not particularly wealthy the family rarely struggled when it came to money. His family was fondly regarded by citizens of his home city.
Abilities:
Necromancy- Validral's delving into becoming a lich left him with a good understanding of life, death, and undeath that has only become better as time went on. While he prefers to deal more with the flesh, blood, and bone aspects of necromancy he is still proficient with summoning spirits/undead and other matters involving souls and life energy.
Between Life and Death- Validral can see and communicate with spirits and if he focuses on living creatures can read their spirit to see how close to death they are.
Healing Magic- Validral's original specialty of magic. He can use his healing magic to help heal wounded living creatures and also cure them of certain diseases as well. However, since he is undead using the positive energy in his healing magic does cause him some discomfort or minor pain.
Illusion- On his travels Validral has picked up using illusion spells to use when he may need to either avoid conflict or may otherwise need some form of deception. It has come in handy during times when he needed to avoid suspicion of being an undead.
Alchemy- He is not the best alchemist out there, but Validral knows enough to concoct things to help him with medicinal needs for people.
Rejuvenation- If Validral's body is destroyed or he is otherwise "killed" his essence slowly reforms a new body by his phylactery. It normally takes between 1 to 10 days, depending on the extent of damage he has taken. If his phylactery is ever destroyed Validral dies for real.
Misc. Info
*Validral still uses his cane while walking, despite no longer really needing it since the Hellfire Plague no longer causes him great pain.
*Validral stays in his doctor outfit at all times since he has nothing else in the way of clothing and wishes to hide his appearance (both because of being undead and how disease has left scars and other marks).
*When raising undead to fight, Validral never uses them longer than needed and puts them to rest when the job is done.

Writing Sample

Using his free hand, Validral drew his cloak closer to him as he walked the cobbled path of the large town. During the few days he had been here rumor eventually found its way to him that the catacombs under the town had been experiencing unusual activity. It had little to do with the chill of the wind whispering as it blew down the street as it was him doing it out of reflex, vaguely remembering how far too many years ago cold wind like this would have really made him appreciate the extra layer to cover up in.

Tap,tap,tap

The light tapping of his cane against the road sounded almost blasphemously loud in comparison to the quiet that surrounded him on this trip in the middle of the night. It was requested that he not approach the cemetery until nightfall if he wished to assist the locals in this matter. The grave keeper said it would cause much unease and trouble for the townsfolk to have their fears confirmed about recent events. The good doctor could hardly blame him. Nobody wants the news that their beloved relative was now possibly an abomination looking to kill and/or feats on the living's flesh.

The moon was high in the sky and shining brightly as Validral found himself at the gates of Briarthorn Cemetery. Even from hear, he could make out the faint whispering of things other than the wind. Sorrow, confusion, and anger filled the tones of many of the things he heard. It was shame he would have little time to address them until his discussion with the person who saw Validral as a solution to this problem.

"Oi, there you are," said the grave keeper as Validral finally approached the front gates. A rough, dirty, haggard man that was probably entering his early forties if his graying temples were any indication, "Glad you made it. I'll admit I'm pretty sure doctors are supposed to be helping the living, you sure you can help?" the man questions. "I have much experience in these matters. I should be done no later than two nights from now if you let me in." the lich answers, his reply softly spokenlike most things he said.

With a nod the older man opens the gate, it's high pitched creaking lasting several seconds before finally fading away. The grave keeper then closes the gate behind him and locks it with his key. "Two nights, huh? In that case I'll be back here at the entrance gate then. If you're not here when I'm back then I'll assume the worst has happened." the gatekeeper instructs hi. "Best of luck to you, Mister Quinndus." As the gatekeeper walked off, Validral looked further into the cemetery. How did something that started in the catacombs spread up and out into the cemetery itself? The lich had a lot of work ahead of him.

Last edited:
using a real life faceclaim is a first for me
Name*: Akatsuki Hasegawa
Age*: 18
2D7439A200000578-0-image-a-12_1444953975551.jpg
Relationship status if applicable: Single, not interested
Species*: Human
Personality description*: (CG/LN) Akatsuki is headstrong, self-justified, and good willed. She is a stranger to making weighty decisions, but she wouldn't hesitate when it comes time. Although her first priority will be herself, Akatsuki would aim to save as many people as possible in a crisis. She is quite clever, her wit being the only reason other than stubbornness that she is capable of strutting around the world with partially childish views and simplistic, idealistic thinking. Due to the way she was raised, she has a bias against non-humans, but it isn't as thick to get through as most of her other ideas.
Other traits:
  • has organization centered OCD-esque behaviors, but they can be controlled
  • self-depreciating on the inside but prideful on the outside
  • strong leader, but hates the idea of her leading
  • enjoys the process of hunting monsters a little too much
Background*: Akatsuki was born and raised in the sticks; a village with only twenty families that lived off of farming. She grew up knowing the threat of monsters existed, although she never witnessed the threat be realized. "Due to the danger," her father taught her how to think, how to fight, and most importantly when and where to run. At the age of thirteen, in aiming to find her place in the world she left the village for the nearest city. A year later she joined the Adventurer's Guild, and rose to be a notable talent.
Family history*: A whole bunch of societal scum on her dad's side up until her grandparents, mother's family was centered in the village for as long as it goes back.
I know it wasn't necessary, but for fun I rolled her stats under D&D 5e rules and any of you who are familiar with the system might like to see this. Might serve as a reference for battle capabilities in the future, IDK.
STR: 12, CON: 9, DEX: 11, INT: 15, WIS: 18, CHA: 16
  • Weapons:
    -Long Bow
    -Ash wood Quarterstaff
    -Stiletto
  • Armor:
    -A simple steel breastplate
  • Skills:
    -Abjuration Magic
    -Conjuration Magic
    -Transmutation Magic
    -Sneaking
    -Charismatic
    -Intelligent (technically it is more wise than intelligent, but it's more understandable to leave it there.)
  • Elemental compatibility
    -Earth (So-so)
    -Fire (I hope you don't expect this one used in battle)
    -Water (Moderate)
    -Air (Most proficient, titled a genius)
  • Adventurer Titles:
    -One Blessed by Wind
    -Master of Barriers
    -Monster Bane

EDIT - WRITING SAMPLE

"I shouldn't have come alone, huh..." Akatsuki held her limp left arm with her right, spitting out a bit of blood as she watched three Minotaurs pounding their fists on the hastily knit barrier of air. To think I keep getting into these situations for pride... All because a bunch of drunks who didn't know me started insulting me...

She kicked the ground, dodging a fist as the barrier broke down. Knitting a barrier in the air, she kicked off of that to dodge two more fists and jump over the Minotaurs. Running by large disfigured corpses that were her handiwork, she wove between the rubble strewn throughout the cave in an attempt to lose the less agile creatures behind her. Looks like this is going to take two attempts... I thought the herd was supposed to only be six of them... Using instinct that had been hardened by years of getting herself into stupid situations, she knit a barrier of air behind her angled to the right without looking back. Although the barrier was weaker than any so far, and even though it broke before taking in all the momentum, it managed to deflect a large rock that had been thrown at her.

Knowing that she was home free, Akatsuki turned around and flipped the Minotaurs off. "Hah! Couldn't kill me! I'll be back soon for round two, suckers!"

Last edited:
Name: Grov
Species: Free Willed Stone War Golem v1
Faceclaim: (My profile pic only about 9 feet tall.)
Species Description: Golems are hunks of material given life by a core these cores are a golem life sourc there version of a heart, but destroying one has explosive results. What they are good at and there abilities depends on what there made of and there version. Golems usually don't have free will, but those that do are extremely dangerous because it doesn't just follow orders, it makes it own.
Personality: Gove is extremely loyal to the point of stubborness. He is fearless and will defend his friends with his life. He loves gardening, sleeping, and smashing things. He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he is honest and kind hearted, until you make him mad. There are very few things that anger this gentle giant but the exceptions are lies, racism, hurting the his friends, and checkers.
Background: Made 392 years ago Grov is one of the original Golems, he was first made as a front line attacker as he was sent in with others of his kind to break the enemy and there lines. He was used in countless battles where he kill without hesitation or regret but after 90 years of killing Grove did something he'd never done before 'think'. He started to understand what he was doing and saw what happened to others of his kind that started to 'glitch', they were destroyed. Grove didn't want to kill anymore but didn't want to be killed either, so during the next battle he slipped away into the forest, where he is still trying to understand this new feeling of freedom.
Skills
hand to hand combat
earth magic
Gardening
acting like a rock
throwing stuff
overloading his core
auto repair
Extreme strength
stone body
Weaknesses
his core
can't swim
not to smart
stubborn
loud
can't read
bluntly honest

Last edited:

• Name*: Hatshepsut

Age*: 29

b96031a2c18966ff4f6b926fa5419a5d.jpg

Species*: Witch - Although most 'witches' found today were of human origins, there were a few ancient witches that were witches by origin, almost akin to deities. They were born with power similar to magic, but often more raw in power and take little practice. The most important trait of them was they could die and decay, but their soul would return as reincarnation, thus living another life with previous life's memory. Only, it was said a major battle between themselves killed most of them, and there were only a few who survived. Both the way of annihilating them and their cultural text were lost in the oldest ruins.

Personality description*:
    strengths - Being one that had reincarnate many times, she was confident in her power and was brave since she had seen many far horrid things. Have all the time and patience in her hands. Her reincarnation would look somewhat similar, so she was confident in her beauty also. Have the mind of scholar and spirit of a warrior.
    weaknesses - Hashepsut would be described by others as depressed and melanchony, and she often was. She chose solitude, but in fact hated it and crave companion. She was also distrustful despite wanting to interact with people, and these value would conflict if one attempt to approach her. Have nightmares when she sleeps, so rare would she sleep as long as normal humans do. Sensitive and sentimental despite her act.

Background*:
    This life - Hashepsut in this reincarnated life was too strong for her mother to handle, so the birth mother passed away and her birth father grieved, and soon pass in an accident of her unleashing her power. This was actually common for a witch to reincarnate, the parents must be strong enough in physique to survive. And so Hashepsut was orphaned, and in her power left to travel on her own by the age of ten. By fifteen she was already an explorer that few dare to rob or trick, and now she was both an experienced witch and explorer, earning money though dealing relics and divination, sometimes a guide to dangerous places.
    She was often denied of a place to stay in cities, and forced to camp near graveyard or wasteland.
    She was looking for relics of the ancient witches, in hope that she could reverse the change in her magical power. Because of an incident that happened in one of her previous life, her power had a drastic change.
    Before life - She had memories of being many things. She had been worshiped as deity, hailed as ruler, famed as scholar and philosopher, and renowned healer. But none she remembered as strongly as the one life her power was altered. One time, in fear of her being a powerful being, they offered her a sacrifice, who she took as husband. But then they saw how deep her affection was, and thought they could take hold of him and threaten her to do their will. In struggle and torture the man was killed, and in rage Hashepsut destroyed the whole city with every men in it, ending her life afterwards. Such atrocious act came with a price, she could no longer create, the closest she could was to recreate, to destroy and rebuild. That meant she lost her ability to heal mortals, and once in every reincarnation grant life. She did gain, however, ability of necromancer. The ability itself gain her notoriety, which she saw as undoubtly a curse.

Family history*: Both her birth parents died.

Trivia:
    - Just like you don't remember every meal you had, nor does Hashepsut remember every detail of her previous lifes
    - It was unknown whether a cure for her was in fact recorded, or have existed at all
    - The interval between one death and next reincarnation is not set, so she could reincarnate in one day or hundreds of years.
    - She have the power of breaking down a person and revive as living corpse, but absolutly refused to do such thing
    - She tried to keep her divination vague and warn them there was possibility to change, but her accuracy of prediction was actually high.
    - Lover of fruits.
    - Hated being lock in a dark place. She thought in one of those lifes she was trapped in a coffin.

Last edited:
upload_2017-6-17_20-46-41.png

Name: Caius Drusus Caecilius

Appearance description:
Caius like most nobles in the kingdom keeps great pride in his appearance and as such takes every opportunity to keep himself trim and proper , sporting an expensive brown silk overcoat over a white tunic which certainly makes him look the part of a nobleman however he seems to prefer sticking to a brown and rustic color scheme and will rarely wear something else unless of course the situation demands it. Caius is usually clean shaven especially before any formal function and prefers to keep his hair comparatively short.

Relationship status: Caius although of marriageable age has stuck to his scholarly pursuits taking no interest whatsoever in starting a family anytime soon.

Species: Human

Personality Description: Caius like most children of the nobility was taught grammar and rhetoric when they were young and as such were encouraged to be out spoken and energetic he however did not posses the necessary talents for public speaking and found it difficult to hold a conversation for long although his ability to do so has bettered overtime Caius has found that his skill with the pen is far grater that his skill with words. Caius is of the reserved sort preferring to stay in his study all day and focus on his work but the life of a land owning aristocrat doesn't really allow for much of that.

Background:
Caius Drusus Caecilius was born the third son of a prominent general in the kings legions who after years of campaigning was named the Grand Domestic or commander-in-chief of the legions second only to the king himself , according to tradition the constellation under which a child is born determines his fate or role in life and as such when born under the birth sign of the scholar preparations were made to send Caius to the Citadel. At the Citadel he was taught all manner of subjects ranging from history , theology , magic and indeed ancient languages. As per his fathers wishes Caius was supposed to become a cleric and aim towards leading a holy life in service to the gods as he was too far back in the line of succession to expect inheriting anything , he however despised theology as a subject and was drawn more so to the use of spells,incantations i.e the study of magic and ancient history.

Fate however had other things in mind for Caius , a group of conspirators within the imperial palace had made plans to overthrow the king and establish a pretender to the throne to do so they needed to assassinate the king and take control of the local army and since Caius' father had the only army stationed in town they decided to kill him too. Although the attack on the king failed Caius' father along with his two brothers who were recent initiates to the service were murdered in cold blood leaving Caius the sole heir of his fathers lands and estate. The death of his brothers and father forced Caius to leave the Citadel and return home his studies unfinished and the burden of ruling over a vast estate falling on his shoulders.

It has now been a few years since Caius came back home and although the initial years were difficult he has found that he can with a great deal of effort both pursue his scholarly studies and prove to be an efficient ruler for the people , here begins the story of Caius - the ruler , the scholar , the adventurer only time will tell how he fares.

Family history:
The Caecilius family is a well known and respected house that can in fact trace their linage far back to the Romulan emperors themselves.

Extra notes:
Caius in his lifetime has authored 3 books , two on history and one on the application of magic . The books and a summary of their contents are listed as follows.
  • The Four Good Emperors: In this book as the title suggests Caius documents the lives and times of the Emperors he considers to have been 'good' in the sense that their reigns were characterized by good governance,effective administration and expansion. Caius suggests that the reason why their reigns were so successful was because during this time the office of emperor was non hereditary as in when the emperor died the next in line was chosen based on merit and not based on birth he even goes as far as to suggest that the day the title of Emperor became a hereditary institution was the beginning of the fall of the Empire. Although a scholarly work passages from his book were narrated across the taverns and inns as it was seen as a direct insult to the monarchy suffice to say they stopped printing copies of the book pretty soon and although the king could have done more, Caius got nothing but a verbal warning not to print such "inflaming" works again.
  • The Ancient Nabians: The Ancient Nabians is a book about the precursor civilization of elves that once occupied the human heartlands and then mysteriously vanished although leaving a great number of ruins in their stead , in the book Caius speculates that the Wood elves , High elves and Dark elves were once a single people - 'the Nabians' that controlled the entire continent, although not a new theory Caius' expedition into the ancient ruins and the evidence of a shared common culture he feels definitively proved the theory. Caius however never published his book for according to the human religion the three different types of elves were mere perversions that the gods created one by one before finally perfecting the formula and creating man and his finding would directly contradict this belief , besides Caius suspected that even more exploration of ruins had to be done before he was ready to publish.
  • The Principles Of Conjuration: The Principles of Conjuration was essentially a guidebook for any novice trying to learn the magical arts for during his own studies Caius was unable to find any good books on the mater outside the citadel library.
The Duchy of Anvil and the Anatarii Estates:
The human kingdom of the Anatarii Estates is not a kingdom in the feudal sense rather it is a confederacy of independent dukes who when war breaks out are called in as biligerents by the ruler rater then contributing a part of their force to the main army in the traditional sense. The rulers of these dukedoms as such have a great deal of power within their territories. Caius is the ruler of a fairly small dukedom in the region, known as the duchy of Anvil.

Last edited:
6fba3d90a24255c41d719afd803cbad8.jpg

Arvon Verner
--------------------------
(18 Years Old)

Human

Arvon is a very knowledgable person. He reads almost every day, with topics varying from time to time. This has expanded his intellect (along with the standard schooling), and gave him vast (but not all knowing) knowledge. Arvon will try and think of the most logical solution to a problem in a time of need, and try to predict the moves that would lead him to victory. The down side? If he is sure of something, or thinks his answer is the best, he will act while completely ignoring everyone else's opinions. Since Arvon is also a swimmer, he is very strong in the running category, and the arm strength (like pulling/pushing, etc) category.

Arvon has also begun to train with magic two years ago. This gives his knowledge and agility/abilities from swimming a good turn, though the magic can have outbursts if he does. There is a price to pay for magical abilities, after all.

Arvon was born into a middle class family, with a twin brother name Othmore. The two grew up learning the basics of being a child and human, as well as enjoying the little things in life. Then, Arvon picked up a book, and began his journey through the pathway of knowledge. Othmore took a different road, though. He remembered the fun times he had with his twin brother in their childhood, and became a puzzle/riddle maker for all ages. Arvon eventually realized his facial features were very unique, being that he naturally had purple hair and silver eyes. But then he got glasses which gave his silver eyes the same tint as his hair. With this unique color scheme, Arvon became interested in a unique form of combat: Magic. There were a fw areas of it he dabbled in.

Since he was a swimmer, his first ever magic was with water, manipulating it to wrap around a few trees and pull them slightly. After one year, and had gotten pretty good at this, and started a new sport with swimming: Archery. Why? He wanted to hone his new magical ability he had trained with for as well as Water: Translocal magic. The ability to alter space around you, such as teleport arrows so that they will hit a target from far away, or teleport yourself, which can be extremely tiring, and others around you.

All the meanwhile, his brother, Othmore, dealt with his own things. He also had naturally colored hair: Red, and scarlet eyes. His hair was curlier than Arvons, so many would've never guessed he was related to the library commoner. Othmore (whilst Arvon was magically training himself) became a puzzle/riddler, making books and scrolls of his many originals, such as the aforementioned and jokes of all kinds. As he was growing up, he also decided to practice combat for fun, but as unique as magic. Swordsmanship. After one year of fighting: On the outside, he was the light-hearted, comedic puzzler and riddler, making games for every villager he could, while in battle, he was a skilled self-aught swordsman, though he did tend to trip up if he knew his opponent scarcely.

Character(s): Summary:
Arvon has naturally purple hair with purple tinted silver eyes. He has a twin brother named Othmore, who has red hair and scarlet eyes. Arvon reads alot gaining vast, but limited, knowledge, whilst also practicing Water and Translocal magic. Othmore, his brother, is a puzzle/riddle maker, and a sort-of great self-taught swordsman.

Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

Name*: Mwindaji, or 'Hunter' to the common tongue.

Age*: 23, but it is unknown how this translates to maturity.

Appearance description: Hunter is slightly taller than the average human male of his age and of average build. His entire body is covered in fur, that of a cheetah's, and he also has a tail, face and ears of one. His body is home to several scars, mainly on his arms, but these are hidden by his apparel. He wears simple hooded armour, that an assassin (or hunter) might wear, made from a strange animal leather. He travels barefoot.

Relationship status if applicable: Strong, free and single.

Species*: Duma Wanaume, or 'cheetahmen' to humans.

Description of species if not human: Hailing from a mysterious, undiscovered, island surrounded by perpetual storm, the cheetahmen have grown strong without the aid of anyone else, relying on their own senses to survive. According to legend, god-like beings created the island and the cheetahmen, but it isn't confirmed. Cheetahmen surpass humans physically in nearly every way, especially in speed and agility. However, they are very tribal and don't know much about the world - even metal is new to them.

Personality description*: Hunter is a very serious man. He tends to keep himself to himself, rarely revealing his emotions or his troubles to anyone. In battle, he tends to strike from the shadows relying on his skill and agility over his strength or his various wild shapes.

Background*: Hunter was an outcast from birth. In cheetahmen culture, mothers give the child the name while fathers give the role within the tribe. However, Hunter's mother died at childbirth, which is the worst of bad omens, and his disgraced father effectively disowned him by naming him Hunter and gave him away. He spent most of his life shunned by society yet still managed to become one of the best Hunters in the tribe. However, he got curious and with the help of the village shaman, escaped the island.

After finally reaching land after a long swim as a piranha, he looks around in confusion at the strange new world he sees before him. However, as he jumps out and re-transforms into his normal self, he gains the surprised looks of a strange hairless woman and a humanoid made from a material he had never seen before. After a while, however, Hunter learned that he shouldn't stick an arrow in them. He learns, with the help of his new allies, the common tongue and other human things and in return he taught them about the place he grew up in. However, there are two topics he avoids - the location of the islands (he never refers to it as an island or mention the storm.) and the origins of his name.

Family history*: Hunter's father is the tribe Elder, or the leader, who makes all the important decisions. Hunter would've been Elder, one day, if his mother didn't die. Hunter's line has always been Elders as far as has been recorded.

Extra notes or descriptions*: He can shapeshift into multiple creatures from his island, like a large six pincered crab or a spiny bear, but can also dispel magical weather spells. He is proficient in archery and fires strange obsidian tipped arrows that appear magic in some way. He also has a dagger of the same stuff.

A better description of his wild shapes:

- A wolf-like form, except larger. The fur is also wiry and green, designed for camouflage, and they have minor telepathic abilities.

- A bear-like creature, except with bony spikes all over making attacking difficult. It can also regenerate wounds.

- A terrifyingly large spider with toxic webbing and pointed legs, that don't trigger floor based traps.

- A large mammoth creature that may be slow, but the hide can shrug off arrows, javelins and even swords.

- A crab creature with six pincers, a carapace like stone and can spit acid.

- A piranha creature that after they eat can duplicate themselves. They also swim incredibly fast.

- A giant squid which, instead of suckers, have hooks to make it easier to sink ships. Hunter had to fight one or two before leaving the island, and they almost ended the adventure before it began.

- A large bat with senses so tuned the can hear breathing from half a mile away. They use sonar to map everything, instead of eyes, and are strong enough to lift the cheetahmen into the air with ease.

- A pterodactyl creature with a scream the vibrates nearby materials, causing weaker things like wood or glass to shatter. Of course, it's also loud enough to hurt, though not permanently, eardrums.

Bear in mind Hunter had to fight these daily when he was hunting in the thick jungles of his island. If that doesn’t prove his skill in combat, nothing will.

Kabboom Kabboom Trappy Trappy

Last edited:
AJ Vixx
tumblr_mzmgny2h521rd7k5qo2_500.gif

Name*: AJ Vixx
Age*: Looks to be a young adult (has lost count of how many years it's been)
Sexuality: Homosexual
Face Claim or drawing if applicable: Dylan O'Brien
Appearance description: 5'3'' 102lbs, small and thin, brown hair and brown eyes that can change yellow , fox ears and nine fox tails

Species*: Voloxa
Description of species if not human: Often referred to in many different legends as the trickster spirit, Voloxas are usually normal humans that after being too sinful were cursed to be half fox half human creatures. The curse is genetic, irreversible and will carry down the family tree until the family tree dies altogether. They have fox qualities like intelligence, cunning, independence, yellow eyes ears and tails... each tail standing for how long they have lived with the curse. No one knows how long a fox person lives for only that when they die, it is mostly due to the fox wanting to die and so it's magical body allows it. If not then the fox will continue to live. They are weak to lavender and silver The only way to kill a fox is to change its form either by werecreature bite or witch spell. They have semi-immortality meaning they cannot age and can live for a very long time. As well as this they have heightened intelligence and can out think most humans. Finally they can control an element. For AJ it's water. He's a water manipulator but cannot create it out of thin air. A source has to exist.

Personality description*:
Vices - Aggression, Callousness, Craziness, Impatience, Jealousy, Liar, Obsessive, Rashness, Recklessness, Stubbornness,
Virtues - Assertiveness, Courage, Creativity, Curiosity, Daring, Determination, Focus, Generosity, Intuition, Loyalty, Persistence, Reliable, Understanding, Valor.
Likes: Night Time, The Forest, Music, Hot Cocoa, Dancing (secretly), Family
Dislikes: Early Mornings, Being Alone (secretly), Sports, Healthy Foods, Storms, Heights
Fears: Storms and Heights
Hobbies: plays piano and sings
Habits/Quirks: Bites his nails, is ambidextrous, taps things, hums a lot,

Background*:
-His parents were called KJ and Bella
-His sister, JB is a few years younger than him and looked a lot like him except she had bright blue eyes and seven tails.
-His mom died soon after JB was born.
-Ever since then they've had to stay hidden in fear of being killed by Voloxa hunters.
-When he only had 5 tails a hunter killed his Dad. Since then he had to raise himself and his sister whilst on the run for their lives.
-When he had 7 tails they were on a run together in the forest when his sister got her leg caught in a bear trap. AJ tried to get her out but nothing was working. A hunter shot her from a distance with a crossbow and AJ wailed in pain and heartbreak. The hunter came up to him and aimed the crossbow at him. He said for the hunter to shoot him as they had already taken everything he ever had away from him. The hunter couldn't do it and walked away. AJ stayed by JB's side for weeks and weeks, mourning her death. He eventually made a proper burial for her, by a lake, surrounded by daisies, roses and tulips and a cross headstone made from two branches string and boulders. He hasn't moved on in his heart but tries for her.
-After the whole 'non- humans are seen as equals' thing he began to stop moving around so much. He eventually found an abandoned cabin by the edge of the forest. He fixed it up and made it so he could have a place to stay for the first time since his mother died all those years ago.
-He got back into music and helped compose sonnets and other musical pieces for rich and important families. He is well known now among the musical community as a genius pianist and an excellent young man despite his previous hardships.

Family history*: Born to a male Voloxa and a female human. He had Voloxa little sister. His mother could've lived a normal life whilst him his sister and his Dad had to hide themselves from people in fear of them being hurt or killed for existing.

Last edited:
[border]Name: Drevis Senade
shadow-jpg.321734

Appearance description:
Along with others physical attributes, Drevis height and body built varies, depending on what his onlookers think as the exact definition of grace. His eyes colour, voice tone, and even fragrance of body will adapt to what his onlookers think would be perfect.
th
Relationship Status: Single

Species:
The original ancestors of Shadow People are told to be an elf clan that was hungry for power. They meddled with things better left to satisfy their thirst. They paid for their greed with their appearance, slowly drained away by the demons they called themselves. At the end, they were left as shadows, losing their enchanting appearance that charmed mortals far and wide. In vain, the first of Shadow People tried to reverse the damage, but it was too late.They gained immortality but lose their beauty.They covered their shadowy form with a magic augmentation that will change their appearance into figures as imagined by others. It was not enough, but it was all they have. The Shadow People hid from the wrath of other elf clans, only dare to tread the world under the cover of the moon and ink black sky.

If a Shadow People is seen without his glamour, he will be seen as a shadow figure, similar to those of a silhouette. He would be as tall as the person who sees him with a pair of glowing yellow eyes on their face. The shadow themselves are dense and trying to run a hand through one will be a useless struggle.

With his glamour on, a Shadow People will always take the appearance of what the person who sees him think as, depending on their personal glamour. His onlookers won’t be able to take their eyes off the Shadow People figure, akin to those seduced by a succubus. The glamour that covers a Shadow People tricks all senses, changing the Shadow People skin tones, muscles build, intonation and melody of voice, fragrance, and other physical attributes to fit the onlookers taste. Despite seeing the same Shadow People, different individuals will see the Shadow People according to their own preferences.

A Shadow People is unable to turn off his glamour completely, but a trained Shadow People is able to suppress it, avoiding unneeded attention when stealth is needed. A Shadow People shadow form normally can only be seen by elves, Shadow People, and witches. However, there were cases when an injured Shadow People turns into his shadow form as his magical energy focused itself on keeping the Shadow People alive.

Personality:
Charming. Most people would describe him as that. Courteous manner, eternally polite, Drevis completes his gift as a Shadow People with his charming personality. He despises being the centre of attention, preferring to let others take the fame and glory while he receives the thanks and favour from those who know better. Despite his friendly mannerism, he was also known as aloof, being close to others yet feel distant to those around him. A facade can only go so far. His personality is a result of training, allowing him to blend in and owns many acquaintances.

What most people don't know of him is his pettiness. He dislikes being ignored and will hold grudges until he can avenge them. He respects law and rules but will try to go around it through existing loophole or paying favour through the right person. Cunning, yet respectable. To those who know him, Drevis is a figure both to love and to be cautious of when they are against him.

Notable Magic:
  • Grace Glamour: Drevis glamour will turn him into what his onlooker think as graceful, giving him respect and begrudging approval from friends, acquaintances, strangers, and enemies alike.
  • Devil Contract: A unique magic from his inheritance, Drevis is able to write a binding contract that can not be broken once signed. He is able to summon contracts at will, with anything written on it as he wishes.
  • Fire Magic: Yet another gift from his inheritance, Drevis is able to bend fire to his will. He is less proficient in this art due to focusing on his other inheritance.
Background:
He couldn't remember his mother, who had died on a sea voyage when he was but three. His childhood was void of a loving mother, but his father tried to make up for it, always there for him and his little brother, with affection only a parent can give. Then his father married again, five years after his mother died. He didn't hate him for it and treat his mother in law with respect. From the second marriage, Drevis received a little sister.

However, the happiness didn't stay long. In yet another sea voyage, his mother in law and father disappeared. As the oldest of the family, Drevis, merely 15 at the time, took the responsibility as the head of the family. Not until he had reached the age of 18 he received a message from his assumed dead father, telling him about his condition and how he would return home after finishing a business. He resented his father for it, but also understand why. The subsequent year, his brother, Faust, was assumed dead after he didn't return from a hunt. The death result in his sister, Dinah, ran away from the mansion, leaving Drevis alone to care for the house, waiting for his father to return.

Family History:

“To be shadow without owner”

An old family of Shadow People, the Senade have long entered human civilisation. They are arbitrators, judges, counsellors, strategists, nobles, and advisors of high position. Power is not something they yearned for, fearing the fate of their ancestors. They dedicate themselves to keep an eye of those with power and take it to themselves to eliminate those who abuse powers they owned.

They are very loyal to their family, putting them first before anything else. Their personal is rarely identified as a result of their glamour. Most members of Senade family have titles which people regard them as widely. Magic runs through Senade’s vein, although it usually only manifests on one or two magic abilities.

Extra:
Drevis still keep his contact with his sister through letters.

Writing sample:
Oh, why must fate be so cruel to her? Her impassive, charming smile almost faltered when a human- no, a mage and another mage appeared more sudden than the disappearance of spring. They wouldn't trouble her normally, but she felt their stare, deep into her guise, penetrating her gift. How dare they to ignore her illusion! She, who had lived among the mermaids as one of them without being found. She, who had tricked giants, angels, and demons alike, was found by mere humans! Absolutely scandalous! Outrageous! Revolting!

Behind her illusion, she can hear the mage voice, resonating through the air with power great enough to be compared with a siren's screech. Did he just call the demon Beelzebub? As ignorant as she was, of course, she knew about him. Really, she had taken the time and effort to memorise everyone worthy to be memorised. She felt a tingle on her skin just as he spoke, and to her dismay, an angel appeared, as sudden as the appearance of the two mages. She recognised him as Mihr, the archangel of... magic? or is it knowledge? He greeted the older mage as Archmage Calder Dvllahan. She had heard the name mentioned once or twice, but that would mean that she was worse off than she originally thought. Much worse.

Bother, such a lively place she must land in!

She ran her fingers through her hair, letting her eyes sweep the gathering as she did so. The big league, her brother would call it. And she was stuck in one. "My, my. What an interesting party we have here. Lord Beelzebub, " she gave him a courteous bow, a smile on her pretty face, whatever his definition of pretty is. "And of course, of Archangel Mihr, I have heard of a great many things," her hand stretched forward in an offering gesture toward him. A sudden wind blew by, exposing the face of the angel as the hood was blown open.

"Last but not least, we have here Archmage Calder Dvllahan... and apprentice, " the last word was spoken with disdain, no worse than if someone mentioned the death of a fly. Mere annoyance. After a moment of silence, she broke into a laugh, a true, crystal clear, captivating laugh.

"Oh, silly of me. I've forgotten about myself. Depending on who you ask, they may call me Ariel, Mary, Queen Alice, mistress... but I am known mostly as Lady Shadow. Shadow, if you really must. "
[/border]

Attachments

• Shadow.jpg
    Shadow.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Name*: Dragomir

Age*: 13

d4003b6337591a8a90e12285e427ae3a.jpg

Appearance description: Dragomir is a tall warrior, clad in forged grey steel. The armor virtually envelops him from head to toe, although small cogs and wheels can be seen in the minuscule cracks between armor plates. A small bulge can be seen in his back plate, appearing as a lump of steel. Steam flows faintly out of his armor, out of the cracks, and out of the small holes on his face plate. During movement, the steam thickens and increasingly hot.

Species*: Taurion Husk
Description of species if not human: Husks are any type of inanimate objects that seem to possess sentience. Most Husks are misidentified, and are actually spirits or ghosts inhabiting an inanimate object, since the differences are almost non-existent. Husks, unlike ghosts and spirits, cannot leave the inanimate object they inhabit, and as such, can only navigate in a way allowed by the inanimate object's shape and physical properties. For example, Husks who take form in rocks can roll, Husks who take form in wheels can roll, and Husks who take form in drawers can tip themselves so that their "legs" move forwards, albeit very awkwardly and slowly.

It is unknown where Husks come from, their anatomy, psychology, whether they have any of those things at all. It is unknown if certain things are more prone to becoming Husks than others, seeing as it's a completely random process. What is known, however, is that these Husks are capable of speech, and are sensitive to magic. However, they cannot be turned back into their previous objects.

There are many different types of Husks, the most interesting being Taurion Husks. There is even less knowledge about this type of Husk, seeing that they're almost impossible to find out about without committing morally wrong crimes. Taurion Husks, instead of inhabiting inanimate objects, inhabit animate objects, i.e. the lungs of a frog, the heart of a snake, the foot of a centaur,... These Husks perform exactly like their normal counterparts, and in some cases, can be an improvement over the normal organs.

Taurion Husks possess an incredible sensitivity to magic, especially their ability to channel it and use it according to their will. They also possess a heightened sense of awareness of what they are, seeing that other Husks seem to just blindly accept themselves as human beings if they occupy an object used by humans, or accept themselves as a species that they frequent with the most. Taurion Husks have a distinct and thorough personality, more developed than other Husks, who act more like servants.

This comes at a cost, however. If the object the Husk inhabits gets completely destroyed, it simply transcends into a spirit. But since the Taurion Husk inhabits an actual "living" thing, if the object dies, the Husk dies with it. As such, they are the only Husk type capable of death, and they are painfully aware of this.

Personality description*: Dragomir is perceived to be a stubborn, headstrong male with a calm voice, although he can get very loud at times. As a Taurion Husk, he has learned to keep things in his favor, although he gives himself far more credit than what he actually accomplishes. A very flexible personality, he can be both polite and aggressive, sometimes simultaneously. He is not easily bored, and has a soft spot for romantic feelings, mostly between other people, although he will almost never admit this fact publicly. He is considered to be smart, compared to other Taurion Husks, but he struggles with eloquent speech, and resorts to more civilian terms when it comes to intelligent conversation.

Background*: Dragomir does not remember where he came from, same with most Taurion Husks. He inhabited a human heart, one of a great warrior with skilled fighting techniques and an open heart. Dragomir did not object to being in this man's body, and happily stayed, actually caring for the warrior. He discovered his magical properties, when they were accidentally activated by a priest casting holy prayers upon the warrior. Since then, he used his properties, to aid the warrior, although he goes unnoticed, with the priest's prayers taking all the credit.

The priest, when he cast those prayers, found out about Dragomir as well. His church did not believe in Taurion Husks, instead interpreting them as the devil's grip upon an innocent being. The high priests plotted against this warrior, luring to kill him and taking Dragomir out of his body to be banished for eternity.

The warrior was killed at night, poison slipped into his drink. Members of the church cut open the man's chest, and yanked Dragomir from the body. Dragomir was blinded by the light of the outside world, and deafened by all the noises he had only heard as small muffled rumbles.

Dragomir was delivered to the high priests, and a banishment ritual was planned. Before it could begin, however, an authority figure showed up, demanding Dragomir. After a heated argument between the figure and the high priests, Dragomir was placed in the figure's hands, and taken away.

In an underground stronghold, he was under constant torture and brainwashing from expert magic practitioners to serve a warlord of some sort. He discovered that there were other Taurion Husks like him, undergoing the same brainwashing, to finally become loyal warriors.

He was cursed by magic practitioners, and put into a suit of armor, forged out of grey steel and wired with cogs and wheels to move. He is locked within the suit, with no way to escape. Despite the brainwashing attempts, he still retained his personality and consciousness, and displayed rebelliousness, and unwillingness to follow orders.

He overheard that he was an 'experimental batch' of super-soldiers who will be expected to turn the tide in a struggling war against 3 other Kingdoms. Dragomir's suit was locked, rendering him immobile, and he was shipped along with 9 other suits to a castle stronghold, where he would lay dormant, and await a stronger magic practitioner to come and brainwash him for good.

Before that happened, however, he was broken out. A team of strangers seemingly broke into the stronghold in an attempt to seize him and his friends. A female warrior approached him, and he struck up conversation. After a tense moment of bargaining, the female agreed to unlock his suit. He held off the guards, his former captors who mistreated him on a daily basis, using their own technology and weapons against them. He was a terrifying weapon. The female warrior destroyed the other suits, and along with them, the Taurion Husks. She then placed explosives big enough to level the entire stronghold, and the duo escaped just in time.

With some basic explaining, Dragomir accompanies the woman, who has identified herself as Luna, in finding this important man so that they could get away through a gate thing. Dragomir obliges, and does so gladly. He now follows the woman.

Family history*: He's never had a family, and he considers Luna to be part of his family. The only other member in his family is the brave warrior known as Vorrond, whom he inhabited and aided. He considers them to be great friends and better allies, and will most certainly prioritize them over himself.

Weapon: A poleaxe (depicted in pic), forged by the finest craftsmen in the Kingdom. The steel is strengthened and imbued with charms and magic, while the wood is sensitive to magic, intended to aid Dragomir in his magic casting.

Skills:
-Close ranged combat (obviously)
-Telekinesis, medium level
-Pyrokinesis, low level
-Absorbing damage

Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

Name: Luna Artonęscu

39fac647c908cf3a17f13c10bc39ff19.jpg

Relationship status if applicable: Luna exhibits no interest in engaging in a relationship.

Species: Human

Personality description:
-Luna is known to be prideful, strong-willed and charming. She's respected by the soldiers on the field as a talented and caring commander. She's respected by the people for her kindness and her sympathy towards the peasants, often defends and help the masses whenever she gets the chance. A popular figure among the warrior caste and the peasants, she despises the arrogant, ignorant ruling individuals, and needless to say, her image is a thorn in the nobility's eyes.
-Her strong-willed personality leads to her dark, cruel side. Luna does not hesitate to use the blade in order to achieve her goals.
-Despite being a soldier, Luna holds high admiration towards knowledge and the intellectuals.

Background:
Luna is the firstborn of a commissar-general of the People's Theocratic Republic of Duhalis, a large island neighbouring the main continent, where social castes and family names were meaningless. The population of the island forsook wealth and statuses and strived together towards a greater good for the majority and, most importantly, promoting their religious ideas. When Luna was 12, she was appointed to designated facilities for training and evaluation, where her talent with the blade, tactics and her magic potentials was soon recognised.

When Luna reached 16, a disaster occurred. Her homeland fell victim to the aggressive expansion of a neighbouring empire. Despite facing a much stronger enemy, the people of Duhalis did not yield willingly. The population decided to fight the invaders until their last breath, which they did. When their defeat was clear to be inevitable, Luna along with many other youths were sent abroad through secret smuggling routes as the enemy closed in. The children took one last look at their burning home, where their parents fought, unwilling to surrender, as they headed off towards different directions, their future uncertain.

An old mercenary took her away from the chaos of battle, back to his home in the Kingdom of Zerramium. The man raised Luna. He taught her everything he knew, everything she needed to know in order to survive. He was like a father to poor Luna. But the Gods are cruel, they took Luna's home away from her, and they were willing to take more. The old man had to leave her to fight someone's war in a distant land, and vanished after a night of drinking. She never heard from him again. Luna was left alone, helpless to struggle in the cruel world.

She had to be smart. Using the knowledge the old man taught her, she learned to deal with different types of people as well as manipulating them for her own good. But trickery isn't going to be enough for her to live a decent life, and so when she was 21, Luna joined the Zerramium Imperial Guards. Her skills with the blade, her charisma and influencing personalities helped her in climbing up the ranks of the army. She earned her command in 3 years.

Her relentless uphill climb, needless to say, troubled certain nobles and royalists of the kingdom. They knew she was popular among the lower classes. Having such a figure by their side was dangerous to their statuses. And so they tried to get rid of her. Luna was assigned to a group of warriors, and their task: Infiltrate an enemy stronghold, collect intelligence concerning a certain 'experimental weapon' and sabotage it.

It didn't take long for Luna to realise something was suspicious. The men with her were no 'warriors'. Political rivals, revolutionaries and enemy of the state alike. It was a one way trip. The group's cover was blown and they were brutally slaughtered by guards, with Luna being the sole survivor. She made contact with the said 'experimental weapon': a sentient armour suit. For their own interests, they made a deal. The two broke through the stronghold's guards and escaped.

But these nobles wouldn't give up on her so easily, Luna knew she had to leave the kingdom that night. Along with her new companion, Dragomir the Husk, they made their way towards a certain Duke's private resident and forced him to provide them the pass to transverse the Kingdom Gate, one of the only ways out of the kingdom without perishing in an endless clash against border guards or dangerous wildlife. Once again, Luna left her home for an unknown destination, an uncertain future.

Family history: The Artonęscu family was a well-known and influential family of Duhalis. It is said that they were prideful, respected nobles with many serving as the King's right-hand in the old Duhalis Imperium, before the revolution. They were also one of the very few noble families that survived the Purge during the Duhalis revolution.

Extra: Luna wears an old suit of armour provided by the old man, who claimed that it has 'a holy prayer on it, from a priest'. The suit is worn, but is made from excellent quality steel, and has never failed both the old man and Luna. The unique helm has a small V notched into the front plate. Luna can only assume it stood for 'Victory'.

Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

upload_2017-6-19_14-43-37.png
She is about 5 foot 10 at max height and twelve feet long

Name: Natalya

Species: Lamia

Personality: Natalya is quiet and thoughtful, never making a decision without thinking it through. However, she can get very excited when talking about magic. She also enjoys traveling. Natalya has a tendency to mouth off, which can be off-putting to others.

Family history: Cloth merchants with a modest business. Other than that, honestly not much to tell.

Background: Natalya grew up the daughter of merchants in a desert. At the age of seven, she met a wandering mage who told her she had magical ability. Disbelieving, she concentrated with all her might, and managed to levitate a stick. The mage took her in and taught her all he knew of magic. Eventually, she left to live on her own, and makes her living as a small village's resident witch.

Notes: Natalya is cold-blooded, so she prefers warm environments.

She also has a neurotoxic bite that can paralyze a normal human in under a minute and kill in under five (she delivers a LOT of venom). However, unlike most lamia, she has difficulty controlling the dose, so after she injects someone it will take her several days for her body to make a new supply.

Natalya ssssometimesss talksss like thissss, just because she gets a chuckle out of the stereotype.

Last edited:
Name*: Celeste Highstar, Ambassador of the Spellscribes.

Age*: 22.

Appearance description: Celeste is a very beautiful woman with luscious brunette hair, pale blue-grey eyes and a very pleasing face. Her body is very feminine and curvaceous, with fine nails and not a scratch to be seen.

Her clothing is elegant yet fierce, wearing a deep blue silk dress with elaborate silver pieces of armour that she wears to appear more daring than most see her for. Strangely, her armour doesn't appear defensive as the only pieces she wears are gauntlets and grieves, both equally exquisite, and a pouldron that only appears to cover her left side. She wears an almost regal cape of the same blue silk except with small pearls attached to it, giving the effect of a night sky with stars.

She is usually seen wielding a strong magic staff. The staff is lightweight and long, about as long as she is tall, and made of a very valuable magical wood. At the top is a glorious golden holder, inscribed with various runes, with a strange purple shard of...something like a gemstone at the top. Her family call the shard a 'Astral Shard', and Celeste calls her staff the 'Staff of the Astral Plane'.

She also wears a moon shaped amulet with an odd glowing gem in it. The gem looks like the galaxies in the night sky, and she uses this as a focus for her magic as well as her staff.

Relationship status if applicable: Her father has tried marrying her off to princes and such, but she always refuses. While she isn't looking for a relationship and is single, she is more interested in powerful mages and minds over physical prowess or wealth.

Species*: Human.

Personality description*: Celeste is a very smart woman, being both wise and intelligent, who often gets curious about new things - especially magic. She can often appear dry in humour and serious in nature, but this is a regrettable part of being an ambassador for a collection of the most powerful recognised mages in the world. This leads to awkward first encounters with people, as in truth she likes a good laugh and fun with friends.

Background*: As one may expect of a princess-esque rich girl, her upbringing was lavished and easy. With both of her parents being researchers, Celeste soon took up research herself, often going on outings to ruins or something like it with her dad. As she got older, she still craved adventure as she focused on her studies which is the main reason she became the ambassador she is now.

Of course, this is why she was invited to the Princess's event - if there's any group you want to associate yourself with, it's the Spellscribes.

Family history*: The Highstars are the leading family to a group known as the Spellscribes - a powerful collection of mages who are famous for their prowess in magical study. They are known for their tendencies to study magical artefacts, but are also known to discover new magics usually involving the different Planes of existence. The Highstars focus on the Astral Plane, specifically. The Spellscribes are one of, if not the, oldest known users of magic.

Extra notes or descriptions: She primarily uses two rare types of magic called Luminosus and Tenebrae. These magics are very pure and offensive often taking the form of beams or bolts, but sometimes more...interesting forms. She also knows a lot about magic, even rare, forbidden and even extra-planar magics, and various spells like Detect and Dispel Magic.

Even though her family is wealthy and she prefers to travel alone, she is rarely attacked on the road. After all, any bandit worth their salt knows not to mess with a Spellscribe let alone a Highstar. Those that don't...well, let's just say Celeste is a good teacher.

Last edited:
Korvalt Soljol

latest
Appearance description: Korvalt is faired skin with light green eyes, and a full beard. He has long blond hair is tied at the back into a single pony tail that reaches between his shoulder. Korvalt possess a rugged and powerful build, having broad shoulders, a very muscular frame, large hands and feet, and a strong jaw and chin. Both of his arms are decked with curious markings that resemblem tattoos. In reality, they are inborn runes that binds him to the "War Lion" entity, and they glow blue whenever his strength is summoned.

Korvalt wears armor that consists of a grey colored sleevless breastplate, matching bands around his wrists and arms trimmed with fur, and grey colored boots. His armor also has a shoulder pad on his right arm in the shape of a roaring lion, and a long, yellow scarf.

Relationship status if applicable: Currently none:
Species*: Human
Class: Warrior
Personality description*: Korvalt is generally rather reserved, not often speaking unless he is spoken too, feels it is necessary, or wants to point out somethimg that is (or at least he thinks) is stupid. His temperament is also a bit of a cold-blooded nature, in the sense that it changes depending on his environment. He can be very calm in such situations, and keeps cool under pressure, but if the correct buttons are pushed, he can fly into a hot blooded rage. He is, however, aware of this, and tries his best to keep it under control. He can be kind and generous towards people when he wants to, but is heavily influenced by first impressions. If he doesn’t like you from the start, it is going to be a while before he does. Even though he a lot of times appear to be an emotionless brute, he actually is very capable of showing emotion, but has difficulty showing it outside of anger.

Korvalt is fairly intellegent and quite logical when he doesn't let emotion cloud his judgement. Along with this, he has a strong sense of what to deem right or wrong, but as a result, he can see thingsa little more black and white than necessary, causing him to be a bit harsh in his judgement of others, as he often has high standards for how he feels people should behave. Due to his high standards, however, he can easily depress himself when he finds that he dosen't live up to the same standards he expects from other people.

Background*: Korvalt was born in the northern country of Sarligen, which was composed of several islands ruled by their own chief, with the exception of the largest island, Arjour, which was ruled by a King. The island Korvalt was born in was Dosk. Two of the islands were caught in the middle of a war. When he was still young, the village Korvalt lived in was one day raided and destroyed by the enemy, and many of the villagers were either killed or taken into slavery, as was the case with Korvalt. Korvalt was sold into a gladiatorial-esque arena where he was forced to fight and kill people for the entertainment of others, including many innocents. Even though he became one of the best fighters there, he soon began to resent his murderous lifestyle. One day, the arena was attacked during an enemy invasion, and Korvalt uses the opportunity escape from the arena. As he did however, a pair of strange markings began to manifest on him. When they appeared, he was suddenly overtaken with a surge of new strength, which he used to finally flee from his dreadful past, and return to his homeland.

When he returned to his home, he later found that the marks that appeared on his arms was the result of him being "The War Lion," a beserker warrior that is born in one of the islands every thousand years, and possess strength greater than any other man. It is said that this warrior would help lead the country Sarligen in times of war. After just leaving a whole murderous past behind, Korvalt discovered there was soon to be more bloodshed. He still has yet to decide what he is to do about his supposed destiny, and is trying to find out what he should do.

Family history: Korvalt's family was of rather humble orgins, being the son of a Blacksmith at one of the towns of Dosk. His mother was one of the towns hunters, helping to gather food for them. He had two other younger siblings, a brother and sister (the latter being the youngest). The current status of any of his family members is currently unknown.

Extra notes or descriptions:
*Korvalt has the guidance of a ghost-like entity known as Alphleo, a guidance that presonifies the nature of the War Lion, appearing as a transparent gold winged lion. As such, he only appears visible to Korvalt, unless he chooses to manifest himself in physical form, which then, he can be seen by others.

*The Lion's Brand (the markings on his arms) allow him to lift and carry objects four times his own weight, and he gets stronger the harder he fights. Meaning that if he his fighting a very large dangerous monster, his strength will slowly continue building up until he is able to slay it. Against normal humans , however, he won't really get much stronger.

*Korvalt mainly fights with a Sword, Axe, or Bow.

Writing Sample:

Korvalt looked around as he walked in the town at Dosk, going in the forest to be alone with his thoughts once again. He really wasn't a lone wolf, at least he didn't believe he was, but he didn't feel like he could be around other people for a while. It had been two months since he returned to his homeland, and he expected to be able to start a completely new life here. But that didn't seem to be the case.

As he sat down underneath a green tree, he sighed as he looked down at the marks that flowed all the way down his arms. He was discovered to be the War Lion, a warrior who was supposed to help the whole country of Sarligen at a time of war. This meant two things for him. For one thing, there was going to be a war at some point of his lifetime. It could be this year or the year before he dies. Or the year he would pass. He wasn't sure which it would be, or which he would prefer, if he would have either of them. If it were his choice, he would not have any of them at all.

The other problem he had with this revelation is that he thought he would be no better than he was before in the arena if he were to accept this destiny. Because of how he was raised there, he would be willing to kill almost anyone and not hesitate about it. And that thought greatly disturbed him. He didn't just commit murder...he is a murderer. And now everyone else was expecting him to be some sort of war hero. He, however, couldn't just refuse to take up this new responsibility, as doing so would be considered a great dishonor upon his family. He didn't think he would care about such things like that, but he didn't know what his parents would feel about it, if they were still alive. Whatever the other people thought about his choice shouldn't be so harmful to him, but he wasn't sure if it that was completely true. He sighed deeply as he lowered his head down at the grass as he muttered to himself. "What am I going to do?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back