• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Citizen Spear Militia Roll (CS)

OOC
Here

MrThe

Mystery Man
Roleplay Type(s)
Um, I am kind of bad at making Character Sheets so please let me know if I should make any changes.

Name: Your name
What you do when monsters attack the town
Field Specialty: What kind of monsters do you know a lot about
Job: What do you do for a job when monsters aren't attacking the town?
Skills/Talents: What are you generally very good at?
Hobbies/Interests: What do you like to do for fun?
Background/History: What has your life been like up til now.

This is what I have so far, if I need to change him to be a little more useful in combat let me know. I understand having a straight up academic could be too big of a hindrance in the story. Though I fully intend to have him grow in whatever role would make most sense for their 'team' composition. If it ends up him being able to enchant items with components the acquire, making alchemical extracts beforehand, or simply just knowing enough about monsters to identify some and know their weaknesses. Or analyse them in combat to guess their weaknesses if he's not familiar with them. Either way, I imagine him in more of a supporting role to perhaps more headstrong characters.

Name: Theo/Theodore
Appearance: He has lightly unkempt ashen blonde hair, kept long enough to tuck behind his ears. With occasionally strands escaping falling over his face. Light blue eyes. He wears glasses, dressing in very typical academic clothes. A light blouse, pull over sweater, brownish pants. Always carrying a messenger back with pen, paper and whatever else he might need.
Combat Role:
Support/Tactician. Wields a light spear and small shield.
Field Specialty:
Monster identifying/Support (He’s not a great fighter.)
Job:
University Student/Research assistant
Skills/Talents:
Has studied monsters extensively. Knowing a lot of weaknesses and obscure facts that might help in combat. He also has a fair amount of botanical knowledge and some alchemical knowledge. He's able to read and write Latin. (Or whatever academic language this world would use if they have a separate one from common.)
Hobbies/Interests:
Reading, Botanical/Academic Drawing. Alchemic engineering.
Background/History:

A young academic. Fascinated with studying monsters his entire life. Knows a lot about their strengths, weaknesses, natural habitat from all the books he read. But isn’t athletically inclined.

He's a research assistant for a herbologist, and through that has a fair amount of knowledge in regards to identifying and using plants. Alongside field studies of plants and recording them as botanical drawings. He also aids as a lab assistant, but has less experience in that area.

His real interest is the study of monsters, keeping a notebook of his own where he attempts to record everything he finds. Though he’s never had the chance to study any monsters in person, he has studied wild animals on a research expedition.

He took up a spear and shield because those require less martial knowledge to use effectively. But he has no fighting instinct to speak off. And likely will panic the first time he is in actual danger.

He grew up close to the city where the university is located at. Likely staying in student dorms in his first years, until he became a research assistant. Getting a room through some strings the professor pulled. The room is so small it doesn’t even have a kitchen, but he can study and work at the small desk he managed to fit and that’s all he needs.

Change: I imagine that as the story progresses, he undergoes some rapid changes at first. Adjusting his attire to suit the more ‘active lifestyle’ he’s thrown in. As well as becoming more of an asset in combat, instead of a liability. He’ll never be the heavy hitter, but I imagine him becoming more versatile. Using his prior academic skills to ensure he’s better prepared, carrying around items/tonics/alchemical components to use in the field to exploit specific weaknesses or neutralise inflicted ailments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back