• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Platinum Comics Universe (PCU)

"Give me Meyers and there won't be any more damage."

That was funny. She actually thought Jacob was going to let her kidnap an innocent man. "Not gonna happen lady!" Jacob shouted while raising his arm and firing up his repulsor. "Can we make this quick? I used up all my magician related puns on magico last week!" Jacob fired a shot. Straight at the woman.

No sooner had Apex landed was he falling again. He tumbled down a couple steps before recovering. He turned to face his opponent, but something was off. He initially didn't pay much attention to the metal covered man leaving. His senses were on high alert, though that was just confusing him more than anything. He had developed an ampullae of lorenzini (an organ sharks use to detect electric impulses created by the beat of a heart), but it all seemed scrambled. The room seems to have recently been electrically charged. None the less he had to fight. Apex dodged almost all of the incoming attacks, but he was retreating and she had the upper ground. Time to change that. The caracal, otherwise know as the desert lynx, could jump up to ten feet in the air and was only two and a half feet tall. This gave Apex plenty of jumping power. He quickly backed up a few steps and leaped over his opponent and landed a couple steps behind her. Before she could react he launched himself at her, both legs poised to slam into her. He was expecting to recoil while she fell further down the steps and was caught off guard when nothing stopped him. He landed on the lowest level and rolled to reduce impact. Looking around he only saw the few students that didn't flee. It all made sense now. His senses were so confused because they were reading conflicting information because his opponent didn't actually exist!

"You all get out of here," he shouted. "And thank you for the assistance." The last part was directed at the person who tried to tackle her before. Next he turned and ran down the hallway to follow the others. He turned a corner just a time to see X-metal fire a shot at the what he now presumed to be illusionist.

Jamal had finally reached his house with the groceries at hand about to start work when he turned on the tv and saw the breaking news. Apparently there was a bunch a people with super powers fighting each other at the college across town. "Aw man you gotta be kidding me. I just got back now I have to go out again?! Fuck my life man." He whined aloud to himself as he knew he would have to end this. He sat his groceries down by the floor and grabbed his helmet this time so that he wouldn't have take any extreme measures like he did earlier, although it being him he might just do it anyway for the fun of it. He took off his normal clothes to reveal his completely metal suit with a thin wool interior to protect him against any electric based attacks, although it was so thin it could be one-shot and taken out by anyone who had a least the tiniest amount of skill. He then put on the metal helmet and had completely gotten into his hero suit in which he dawned the name "M." After which he left his apartment.

He started running down empty ally ways at first before deciding to fly instead, however he didn't go too far up, he was just above the buildings flying at fast speeds to get to the campus as fast as possible so he could finish his job and not get fired.
"This better be worth my damn time. I'm really gonna make those brats suffer for making me come during my time. Haha",he giggled as he was already imagining on what he would do to them. After about 5 minutes he could finally see the college. "Wonderful. Time to have some fun.", he muttered under his breath with a smile on his face.

Greg, on the ground bewildered that the woman could just brush off a full fledged tackle from an 800 pound man. His attention shifted over to the weird jumpy man as he thanked Greg for essentially doing nothing. He slammed his fist on the ground, frustrated that he made a fool of himself in front of the others. Ugh, even when he tries to do something cool or heroic he still comes out a s a failure. No, there was still more he could do, but not like this. He still needed his suit, but there was no way to get it, especially if there was a large group of people outside.

Eh, he'd suck it up just this once and get back out there. With a newfound inspiration to show that girl pain, he ran out after the jump guy and to his surprise was met with yet another costumed person. How many people showed up here and why? It was a pretty small thing, but nonetheless, Greg had a job to do.

Blair walked along with Mary and Thomas in hand, forcing the air to blow against her back to help her walk a little faster with both of them. As much as she liked these little kids, they could get on her nerves. It wasn't much their fault, they were just little kids, she was a tired college student and superhero who wanted to get back to keeping the city safe. There was more at stake here than just getting two kids home on time to see their mother. Still, she got them home on time and headed back to her apartment so she could get a quick pick-me-up.

Of course, Words wasn't enough to be able to sway them to handle of her prey. but, she wasn't grim about it. There was nothing wrong with a challenge. The light went out due to the surge of energy, but she didn't see this as a complete disadvantage. Mr. Eletric's glowing suit was already a dead-give away to identify where he was. Meanwhile, Professor Meyers took the outage as a chance to escape going through the glass doors and out to safety.

Selina was able to dodge the blast slightly by performing a Aerial cartwheel. Still having her hands on her bo staff, she charged up to the X-Metal and displayed a drop kick. Soon after, Hitting the other in the chest with her staff. She already knew that fighting Electricity hands on was not an option. Luckily, Wood worked as a insulator. A stench soon hit her nose, the smell of smoke. She knew that she didn't have much time to stay in fight before the whole building went in flames.

Jax shook out his body slightly, taking a more respectable fighting stance as he charged at the woman. His staff was pointed towards her, sparking with bolts of electricity. This was his shot while she was distracted, to hit her right in the back and knock her down. Jax was all for that idea, but he was trying not to shock her to death. Which, you know, probably wouldn't happen anyways. And Jax did just that, poking his electrocuted staff against the middle of the witch's back, letting out a loud yell as he did so. However, his voice was drowned out by the sound of the fire alarm going off.

A screeching sound with the alarming, flashing bright lights to match it going off all throughout the building. His eyes widened, shortening his staff to place it back against his back as he zapped the alarms. That was absolutely the worst sound. distracting, in the way. His eyes turned towards the others, wide as the sound only seemed to continue farther throughout the building. God, what if the police just barged in then and there? How many other heros were surrounding him? There was the metal guy, that red headed dude from class, and.. some other guy with sticks in his hand. Okay, well, that's alright. He swallowed his nervousness, turning back towards the lady.

The impact of the kick knocked Jacob back. It wasn't enough t seriously hurt him but it was significantly annoying. "Gentle on the goods lady!" He yelled. "I don't have time to buff this armor again!" With that he fired off another two repulsor blasters at the witch.

Of course, first this chick shows up, and now there's a fire. Great. That's just what everybody needed. Now you'd think that five presumably powered people would be able to take out one person, but I guess not. Then again, there was no coordination and everyone kept running in to 1v1 them. Stupid really, but what are you gonna do? Still, they had to find one way to take her out. Which was way harder than it looked. This chick was everywhere. Bouncing off of the walls and people and never standing still long enough for anyone to hit her.

It was then, however, the zappy guy managed to land a blow to her back. This was his chance hopefully now she'd at least be taken aback a bit from the electricity. He cracked his neck and slammed his right fist into his left palm making an audible sound. He was done with this person's shit and wanted it to end. Stomping up towards her, he sent his fist straight for the woman's chest. Not at full power mind you, he didn't want her dead, but if she broke a few ribs, so be it.

M arrived at the college and was just one block away crouching on top of a building near-by and was able to see very faint smoke clouds. The building was on fire. If the smoke clouds wasn't enough of sign he could just barely hear the alarm from outside the building. He knew he was about to have fun, however he was also able to see it was pitch black. "So I am suppose to go into a burning building in complete darkness and fight a bunch of random super powered idiots who caused it? Haha they really must think I am an idiot. However if I can't go in..." he spoke to himself while forming an idea. He then pulled out his trusty sniper which he usually uses since he prefers guns over brawn and started to focus on the building when all of the sudden a bird came in his face and he shot far to the right. He grabbed the bird by the neck and threw it to the side and then zoomed in to see where he had fired. "Oops." ,he said as he noticed he accidentally shot someone who was dressed like a professor in the leg that was trying to run away in the front entrance of the schools glass doors. He thought about going down to help him, but instead decided that he probably did something(although he had no idea what that something would be) to deserve getting shot in the leg. He then refocused on the target at hand, the school building. He then shot 9 times at the school building randomly, hoping it would scare the people out. He didn't know where the bullets landed, but wherever it did, it probably wasn't wanted nor pleasant. He then thought to himself. These are people with super powers! Mere bullets wouldn't be enough... or would it? Hmm,I don't know actually. Huh. Either way I might as well give a little more encouragement to exit the school building. He then got up, put the sniper away, and proceeded to use his metal powers to throw five near by cars into the school building through the entrance and windows. I wonder if it hits anyone ,thought to himself as he waited for them to come out.

Random bullets and random cars. Jacob was really starting to hate this. He decided that the person throwing deadly projectiles into a melee fight wa probably more dangerous than a stage magician themed villain. He jumped out the nearest window to get a better view with his thermal sensors since the fire was messing with them. As soon as he was outside he fired up his jet boots and took flight. It was up there where his thermal sensors spotted someone on a rooftop about a block away from the school. He was crouching like one would when holding a sniper. Jacob decided that diving in all silly hilly was probably a stupid idea. So he did something else. He got closer and fired off some laser pulses at the wall of the building below where the guy was crouching. If he was lucky that part of the building would collapse taking the guy with it.

While crouched on the building he waited for the people inside to come out when all of the sudden he was attacked. He fell off the building but was to stop himself from hitting the ground floating mid air. He looked around for the person that did this and saw another man across from him. Go time. He had looked at him and asked "What was that for? Oh wait you must have been inside the building. Meaning you are part of the problem. Well like Scarface said before me say hello to my little friend." he told him proudly while pulling out his automatic pistols and firing at him. "Maybe next time you won't attack a college!"

Apex stood back for a moment to contemplate his next move. There wasn't really much room for him to jump into the fight in the hallway. When the fire alarms went off, however, he knew what to do. The building was going down in flames and there was most likely still students inside. He turned around and ran. A bullet flew past not too far from him, but it wasn't the first time he'd been shot at. It was, however, the first time he'd had a car chucked at him. Given the city he was in, however, that actually came as a bit of a surprise. None the less he had to keep moving. Being a hero was more than just "catch the bad guy." It was about helping those in need.

He snagged his backpack on the way up the stairs. He found a small group of students and a teacher huddled in a corner to avoid the flames. Apex jumped through the flames to reach them, preying that his suit was fire retardant enough. He smashed a window open, cleared some of the glass and helped the civilians down to safety. He continued running though this floor until it was clear. His suit was a bit scuffed up, but it was mostly protecting him from the extreme heat. That said, he was definitely sweating and having trouble seeing. Luckily he was smart enough to install an air purifier in the suit. It wasn't foolproof, but it did the job. Luckily there was no third floor for him to clear and the sounds of sirens were growing ever closer. Back to the ground floor to see who else he could help out.

Being bullet proof had its advantages. Most of the bullets Jacob didn't dodge ricocheted harmlessly off his metal skin. He wasn't thinking about that. Instead he thought about what he was saying. "Im not attacking a college you idiot!" He yelled. He seemed to do a lot of that recently. "If I was I would have been outside of the building throwing explosives at it or something so I wasn't crushed inside of it while I was attacking it." He dodged another couple of bullets. "I was busy aprehending a criminal when you shot randomly at things! If your trying to help then learn to aim! Granted I wasn't having much luck aprehending the criminal to begin with beacause of the power outage and the fire. Who caused that anyways. On that subject I believe I will aprehend you for deciding it was a good idea to shoot randomly at a school. You could have killed an innocent civilian and I'm pretty sure you shot one in the leg." With that he shot off a few more laser pulses and then blasted up a little higher. After all, a moving target was hard to hit.

M was very slightly insulted by this comment saying he had bad aim. He listened while still shooting his guns at him and heard him say that he wasn't attacking the building, he was protecting it. He then had to go back on the defensive since he started to shoot laser at him again. He moved through the air dodging them quickly and easily thanks to his fast reflexes. He was amused by the fact that he had tried this again. "This didn't work before so why are you trying again?" he yelled at him. "I mean shit you are Proto-Cop after all. Don't you at least have any missiles or something?" he yelled at him laughing while moving around. He noticed how he was trying to go higher, and assumed he was trying to lead him away from the others. He's not about to let that happen. "If you really are going to apprehend me you should probably have bombs or missiles or something cooler than lasers!" he told him mockingly. He had a plan.

"Thank you for making references to a movie I never watched." Jacob said. "It's really helping me feel insulted. Oh hold that thought I have to take a call. It's probably much more important than this battle." He pretended to take out a phone and hold it to his ear. "Oh it's the 80s. They want they're doofy chromatic space suit back." Jacob had just decided to stop attacking. This guy wasn't really worth his time. "You probably have some clever plan to defeat me I bet. Perhaps you'll try to anger me into doing something stupid. Or you'll shock me. Like people haven't tried that before. I stopped falling for both of those after the first time. To be honest I kind of wish I was fighting magico."

"Well that's kind of disappointing. I mean it was gonna be so cool. You are a buzz kill you know that? And least I don't look like an off brand action figure you'd buy at the dollar store. But if you don't wanna have I guess should just end it." he replied let down at the fact that he wouldn't amuse him. He then flew up to him, and slowly went closer and closer until he was in his face. "In the words of the great Ludacris, Move bitch get out the way!", he said smiling and flicked him on the chest. Now normally this wouldn't do anything to anyone but annoy them. However this wasn't your normal situation. For this man had metal skin. And M controlled metal. You can see where this is going. The simple flick had caused him sent him crashing back into the burning college. "Maybe next time you won't be a prick!", he yelled at him.

"Huh. Magnesis." Jacob wasn't really surprised. In fact he was prepared for this. That was stupidity at its finest. He had been knocked back but the magnesia had ended after that. Wich meant that with the right mental command he could easily readjust himself with his rocket boosters. Wich is what he did, stopping just short of the building. Once he had righted himself he flew straight back at this idiot at high speed, planning on tackling him. "Thanks for the heads up on modifying myself to resist magnets!" He yelled.

Selena shrieked in pain as she was stunned on her back by the staff. It wouldn't take long for the shock to wear off. She managed to dodge the first blast but the second blast was able to hit her on her arm. She knelt to the floor, her body already drained from the energy she used it. Selena laid there for a bit, trying to pace herself and increase her stamina. She looked back to see the redhead that tackled her stomping over with anger in his eyes. Selena got back on her feet and began to analysis the situation. He was obviously bigger and towered over her. He was about to sent a punch to her chest, in which she leaped as high as she could and did a flying head-scissor throw in an effort to use his weight against him. He was still successful in delivering the punch but instead of the chest, it was the stomache. Shes thrown back from it, which was fortunate for her since a car went through the walls. Her eyes widened at the sight of it. The pain in her stomach was drastic, causing her to control her breathing to minimize the pain. She struggles to get back up. Everything was starting to take a toll on her body, Her target was gone, and whoever the psychopath throwing the cars was: He gave her the opportunity to leave. While everyone was distracted, she peered out the nearest window to see a full garbage; it should be able to break her fall.

Last edited:
Jax rubbed his hands together as he watched the red head from his glass charge at the Magic Lady, meaning he could go and make sure everyone was safe from the burning building. However, as soon as he turned to run down the hall, he found himself dodging a bullet as a window broke. And just behind him, he heard a larger crashing sound, a car. Who in the hell? How in the hell even, was that possible? He'd been too slow, watching the girl they'd been fighting escape. He supposed he could go after her later, there were more important matters to deal with. "Punching Weasley, I want you to help anyone else stuck in the building!" Jax called over to Greg before turning around once more and running outside of the college building. Now, who was throwing those cars? And where the hell did Magic Lady head to? Well, whichever he came across first, he planned to hit them hard. And yet the crowd of civilians standing around were in his way. They all just blended in together, this was going to be impossible.

Apex found a few more civilians and helped them out. He didn't hear any more screaming that wasn't outside the building, but he had to check. The stair wells had collapsed so he ran outside to try and find an alternate way up. He found a stone pillar that ran from the ground to the roof. He jumped up on to it and climbed the rest of the way up, crawling through a broken window. The smoke up there was incredibly thick and the heat was sweltering at this point. He heard the fire trucks stop just outside the building, indicating he had to move quickly. He darted down the hall, checking each room he passed. Finally he found a lone student, desperately trying to crawl through the destruction. He movements were slow and she was clearly struggling. Apex ran up to her and hauled her over his shoulder. If he didn't help her out soon she may die of smoke inhalation. He kicked the window a couple times to smash it open. Just below on this side of the building fire fighters were rushing in and all water hoses were attached. Apex made sure he had a strong grip on the girl before beginning his descent. He grew claws on his free hand and dug those into the side of the pillar, bracing his legs against the other side to slide down. He still landed hard, but it was better than just jumping out. A couple EMT personnel rushed over to take the girl before Apex jumped back up to the second level. He soon finished his sweep of the upper level, confident no one else remained up there, before heading back down to check the ground floor again.

"Now see here's your problem. You're too much of a smartass. Well that and the fact you stink.",he joked as he waited for X-Metal to get closer to him,then he forcibly sent him back down crashing into the dumpster behind the school. Laughing at the idiot, he laughed out loud, making his amusement obvious to them. He then lifted up the dumpster bringing it high into the air, flipped it over making the two people inside flip over on their backs, and sent it back headed to crash into the ground.

Last edited:
Well crap. Jacob thought. Now he couldn't say anything else that was witty. Well actually he could. He was trapped inside a dumpster. It's not hard to get out of. The only other problem was that he was in a dumpster with the witch girl. Did he leave her to die or did he save her with him. The answer was obvious. Save her beacause he was a hero. So he did. He grabbed her by the collar and, not caring if she resisted or not, blasted his way out of the dumpster before it hit the ground. He engaged his rocket thrusters. "Hey!" He said to the idiot who had trapped him in the dumpster. "Thanks for helping me dangerous criminal. I would apologize for attacking you but you probably wouldn't accept it and keep attacking me. One more thing: witty comments are part of superhero battles. Maybe you should remember that next time you decide to go with, and I quote, "You stink!""

Jax had snuck around the crowd, straight to the sound of clashing. His blue eyes narrowed behind his mask, only to take a step back. Just.. how? How in the world did his guy just pop out of a dumpster like that? Matter of fact, who threw the dumpster? Of course, all Jax's questions were quickly answered. It was without a doubt the man that this Sprout was talking to, and he wasn't going to not join in on whatever was going. "Okay, we've got Magic Lady over there. And Sprout's got her, so thanks for that, but who the hell are you?" Jax asked, clenching his fists as his powers surged, eyeing the other man in a.. helmet. How convenient, really. "Do you know how pathetic it is to throw cars at a burning building? That's low, man, really. We don't need another evil dude fucking with us right now." Jax scoffed, stepping closer to the strange man.

M laughed aloud at X-Metal while pointing directly at him so hard in fact that he nearly missed the fact that he had someone with him. Soon after however he noticed that another man was stepping onto the scene. A very funny looking man really. It wasn't because of how his face looked, in fact his face was covered by a mask which was complimented with a full on spandex looking costume.He started floating downwards at the strange man until he was just barely above the ground. He chuckled at his comment replying "Well now look at you, all mad and grumpy. With that costume on I can only assume you must be the Electric Dildo. And I assume the girl that is being held by Proto-Cop must be who you common criminals are after." That's when he realized something. He called him the Electric Dildo. Because he had electricity coming out from his fists.You have got to be fucking kidding me. Fuck my life, he thought to himself. He knew he was already at a disadvantage, however he knew that his spandex looking suit was actually metal so he might have a shot against him. "Now lets just calm down here. You look like you want to hurt me for some reason. Was it because of the bullets? Or was it the cars? Glad to see that it encouraged at least one of you to come out here and face me. Honestly the next I was sending in there was a bus. Also I don't see why I am getting called the bad guy here. I am clearly the good one here. I mean you guys burned down a building, caused a power outage, and kidnapped a random woman. Now who's the bad guy here?",he explained to him while keeping his distance away from the man. He tried to make sure he wasn't able to make a clean shot on him if he did intend on fighting M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back