• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Platinum Comics (a superhero roleplay) *reboot!*

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Superheroes are nothing new. They've been around since World War II where they started out as propaganda to boost Americans spirits and stuff. Y’know, smiling powerful dudes beating up those evil nazis and being powerful and crap. One of the companies that made comics was known as Kingdom comics. They weren't as well known as marvel or DC but they had a sizable following. Still do in fact. They were responsible for the heroic team known as the Liberty Force, a team of heroes employed by the government who fought nazis. After America won World War II the Liberty force had its last issue and the comic was ended.

Kingdom comics mostly focused on individual comics after that. This hero or that hero would have solo titles but they never had any big teams. Until the silver age when the liberty force was rebooted. They didn't have all the same heroes from the original and the comic didn't do very well. After that they mostly focused on solo titles and were in a big popularity rut until they did a big continuity reboot and the name of the company was changed to: PLATINUM COMICS!!!

They started off with a couple of solo titles for a few heroes including some of the original Liberty Force heroes with new back stories to fit the era. After the success of their new comics the company put together a new Liberty Force comic series featuring characters from the original coupled with new characters. And that is where we, the characters, pick up, in the first issue of Liberty Force, aptly titled New Liberty Force #1.

GM Commentary

Welcome true believers (that really is appropriate given the kind of roleplay I've got going on here). This is a reboot of the original platinum comics roleplay but with new story and premise. This is an attempt at building a superhero mythos with Roleplaying. We will be taking the roles of the character of the comic series New Liberty Force. We will start off with New Liberty Force #1 which tells the story of the formation of the Liberty force. This is a casual roleplay so one liners will only be accepted on occasion. Every character will also get there own thread aside from the main thread so that you may roleplay that character's solo series if they have one. If you want your character to appear in another character's solo series ask the player of the character who's solo series you want to appear in. Any questions or interest?

Hmmm, a strugling journalist whose agency that he worked in has been shut-down by some shaddy forces, now without a job and a pay, our 'hero' in desperation decides to become street level 'hero' (more like a trigger happy detective who is rather easy to play the judge and jury) obsessed with achieving his own selfish interests and revenge before he finally dies.

The problem is he has no idea what he is doing for the most part, doesn't follow anything remotely similar to a code of honour Or decency for example if he stopped a robery, He'd claim his fair share which he calls his 'comission', doesn't have the funds that proper 'heroes' have and he is drunk half the time.

He fails in almost All of his ventures, getting beaten to the inch of his life until he meets a man who is in a similar situation and decide to team up with him, the two make a name for themselves as the death toll of local criminals start to pile up. Soon even more people turn to Vigilantism finding merit in the duo's actions.

So to sum up the story would detail him and a group of similar people who, like him would turn to this life style for their own interests be it to achieve fame and satisfy their ego or to earn some money.

While their intentions are entirely based around themselves, the group does help the populace but often they end up being nothing more than a more benovelent counter-part to the Gangsters or their bosses (most of which adopted 'vilian' personas) they fight with. As they extort protection money, claiming it is for the benefit of the community which is partialy true, damage public property and often cause the death of innocents, allow the drug trade to go on albeit under regulation and often work hand in hand with the corrupt officials. Making them a more or less a neutral faction in the comic universe who at times come to aid the local heroes when it is necessary or if the outcome benefits them yet are considered to be potential enemies as well, often making alliances with various 'Vilains' should they feel it's necessary for the time being.

I have a very cynic outlook to the Super-Hero Comics : P while I don't think this would fit in with the main continuity I'd like to pitch in this plot for a more grim, side-series.

Hmmm, a strugling journalist whose agency that he worked in has been shut-down by some shaddy forces, now without a job and a pay, our 'hero' in desperation decides to become street level 'hero' (more like a trigger happy detective who is rather easy to play the judge and jury) obsessed with achieving his own selfish interests and revenge before he finally dies.

The problem is he has no idea what he is doing for the most part, doesn't follow anything remotely similar to a code of honour Or decency for example if he stopped a robery, He'd claim his fair share which he calls his 'comission', doesn't have the funds that proper 'heroes' have and he is drunk half the time.

He fails in almost All of his ventures, getting beaten to the inch of his life until he meets a man who is in a similar situation and decide to team up with him, the two make a name for themselves as the death toll of local criminals start to pile up. Soon even more people turn to Vigilantism finding merit in the duo's actions.

So to sum up the story would detail him and a group of similar people who, like him would turn to this life style for their own interests be it to achieve fame and satisfy their ego or to earn some money.

While their intentions are entirely based around themselves, the group does help the populace but often they end up being nothing more than a more benovelent counter-part to the Gangsters or their bosses (most of which adopted 'vilian' personas) they fight with. As they extort protection money, claiming it is for the benefit of the community which is partialy true, damage public property and often cause the death of innocents, allow the drug trade to go on albeit under regulation and often work hand in hand with the corrupt officials. Making them a more or less a neutral faction in the comic universe who at times come to aid the local heroes when it is necessary or if the outcome benefits them yet are considered to be potential enemies as well, often making alliances with various 'Vilains' should they feel it's necessary for the time being.

I have a very cynic outlook to the Super-Hero Comics : P while I don't think this would fit in with the main continuity I'd like to pitch in this plot for a more grim, side-series.
I could always make another roleplay (I plan on branching out from this one) set in the darker and edgier Valeros city. Or perhaps you could make it. It could ocasionally have a crossover or two with our good old brighter heroes of the Liberty Firce here in the bright Centurion City.

I could always make another roleplay (I plan on branching out from this one) set in the darker and edgier Valeros city. Or perhaps you could make it. It could ocasionally have a crossover or two with our good old brighter heroes of the Liberty Firce here in the bright Centurion City.
I liked the concept that is to have a fictious universe being created in a fictional alternative to the real universe ehhh...

I certainly do aim for a different kind of super-hero comic, I think my favourite names in genre being 'Frank Miller' and 'Alan Moore' speaks volumes.

Im in are all the heroes street level? what is the power range set at (how strong is too strong etc)

I have dozens of hero ideas but i wont commit to one in this world until its done and we have full lore.

I look forward to this idea :)

Im in are all the heroes street level? what is the power range set at (how strong is too strong etc)

I have dozens of hero ideas but i wont commit to one in this world until its done and we have full lore.

I look forward to this idea :)
This is rather upbeat actually. But a lot of the heroes are technically street level in that in-universe (as in in the universe of platinum comics and not the universe where the comics are made) most heroes are relatively unknown. Everyone knows planetarian of course cause he's our superman analogue but a lot of heroes are street level.
I’d be interested
Cool. You into Norse mythology?

This is rather upbeat actually. But a lot of the heroes are technically street level in that in-universe (as in in the universe of platinum comics and not the universe where the comics are made) most heroes are relatively unknown. Everyone knows planetarian of course cause he's our superman analogue but a lot of heroes are street level.
Excellent do you have a cs in mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back