• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Planet Diver

Glasswing

Hemaris Thysbe
Over night, in several locations, small holes opened up on Earth. They weren't like pits or chasms; light could not be shone in to see what was inside. All machines, probes, and equipment was swallowed up; they sent back no data, nor could they be retrieved. Cords would be severed right at the opening. Studies were conducted from outside the hole, but proved inconclusive in regards to their potential danger or contents. In order to investigate these holes, a team was formed. The team consisted of a team of scientists, soldiers, doctors, and engineers, The task for the team is to enter one of the holes, specifically a hole in Antarctica nicknamed Terminus, conduct research, and find a way to exit. If the holes prove to be dangerous, the team is also tasked with finding a way to close the holes.

A special vehicle was constructed to carry the team. Much like a tank, it is built with thick armor, and it comparable to the size of a house. It contains a room for the team to sleep in, a medbay, a laboratory for both scientists and engineers, and a command room. With the exception of the command room, the majority of the vehicle is fairly cramped, much like a submarine. The command room features a large hatch as an entrance and exit. It is built to be airtight, allowing for travel in water in the event that the hole drops into a lake or ocean. What is this vehicle name? It is nicknamed Hermes.
The vehicle was carefully dropped into the hole with a series of pulleys. Each member of the team was dressed in a rigid environmental suit during the drop. Upon opening the hatch, the team saw something that they would never have even imagined.

An open field was before everyone; a whole new world lie before them. Where were they?

This RP is a sci-fantasy, as you may have noticed. It is intended to be a casual-detailed rp, where the investigation team is dropped into a premodern fantasy world. Players may play as either the inhabitants of the premodern culture or the investigation team. Players must help develop the plot, as the plot is driven by what decisions the team would make; determining where they are, how to handle the new culture, leave or stay, etc. I have not yet made the civilization native to the planet, and I may include others that the character may encounter. 

It seems as though notifications are bugging out on me after a long time of peace.

I am glad to hear you like it. I say as I just looked here after responding to your PM.

By the way, I find it worth noting this RP is in both Fantasy and Futuristic interest checks. It is a bit of a future meets past, foreign land sort of deal. Since this is a sci-fantasy, I still have to determine the magnitudes of magic present, precise level of science, prevalence of religion, other nonhuman inhabitants, etc. etc. This is what I have in regards to the first encounter of civilization thus far.

A grassy savannah is present before the team. The trees were large, but the canopy was thin, allowing the grass to bask in the Sun's warm glow. A small hamlet enclosed in a wooden wall could be seen in the distance. The wall was largely constructed from the trunks of trees that had been made smooth to prevent people from climbing the wall. The houses of the people were largely constructed from wood, clay and straw, with the roofs consisting of shallow sloped bark shingles. The majority of the buildings, with a few exceptions, faced the center of the town. At the center was a small spire-like boulder, presumably a marker used during the original construction of the hamlet. The town features typical amenities: small, local farms; a few merchants, a forge, and a town hall. The Town Hall is rather small, used only on rare occasions, and while there is technically a leader, their opinions often align with the majority. Generally, big decisions are handled with a democratic vote. The leader is more of a speaker and/or mediator. Outside of the town was a small artificial peat bog, presumably used for fuel for the forge. The forge itself is rarely used for metal smithing, as metal plays little in the towns peoples lives beyond tools. Utensils and bowls are made from tin, and don't need to be fired, only hammered and bent into shape. The forge only actually shapes iron, or other hard metals, in commission with a nearby town. Otherwise, the forge is usually used to prepare construction materials, like clay bricks, or to fire pottery with it's kiln. Most of the items produced within the hamlet are traded by the people, and seldom sold by merchants. Merchants typically sell imported goods, or buy things at a discounted price. Perhaps the most unique part of this town is a rock formation called the “Weave Stones”. The stones are upright boulders, much like the marker at the center of town, in a triangle formation. They have a single long line of twine wrapped around them. Hung on this string of twine is a set of twenty-three ceramic bells. It is alleged that the stones represent three revered creator gods, and that when the bells ring in the wind, a prayer has been answered. When a bell breaker, however, it is a sign of tragedy. Thus far, one bell has broken. Upon the arrival of the investigation team, another has cracked.

Wow. I am surprised and glad that this has gotten this much interest, between this thread and the fantasy interest check counterpart.
I am sorry I had not responded yesterday, I was busy with college yesterday, handling standard deviations and whatnot. I intend to have the hosted project up, at the latest, by mid-afternoon. It will likely be up before then for everyone, so everyone can get stared with their characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back