• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom PKMN: Fate of Five (Smol group) (CLOSED)

norway

a white butterfly
Looking for four (with myself in addition, so five total) long term writing partners to form a small group that adventures through Galar (potentially other regions as well). All are protagonists, and will have their story lines and contributions to the story moving it forward. I have a number of ways this story can start off, which will be discussed in a group discord ooc please be willing.

The open roles are as follows:

Rival One, league competitor - yes, mom, I’ll be on channel 4 news tonight at 6 - what do you mean how do you record it ( norway norway )

Rival Two, league competitor - what do you mean you don’t want my league card? ( Arcanist Arcanist )

connoisseur - has more flavor in one finger than your curry ever could ( honeylemon honeylemon )

gym leader grand child - I swear I’m not using this to my advantage (really!) ( Phayne Phayne )

researcher - has anyone noticed that aligns with ancient prophecy or is that a me only thing... again ( Narwhal Narwhal )​

This is NOT fcfs. Please let me know if you are interested, I’ll close this when I’ve put the group together. Do not express interest if you don’t intend to stick around, please.

Rules:

• no fakemon
• no super/powers of any kind
• loose s&s plot, I’ll explain more later
• please bring a kind and respectful attitude
• if you vanish without even an ooc post for a week I’ll have to remove you.​

Last edited:
currently playing through shield and might I say, Galar is an experience. I thoroughly feel that I resonate with our connoisseur (though the researcher has piqued my interest as well)
sidenote: rival two exudes bbe (big bede energy)

currently playing through shield and might I say, Galar is an experience. I thoroughly feel that I resonate with our connoisseur (though the researcher has piqued my interest as well)
sleep deprived me took about 5 minutes to align your acronym with the definition but anyways

yes yes and very. I’m always open to help with brainstorming, I left them vague so y’all have plenty of creative room!

Okay so:
I don’t know if I should make my current protag or an entirely new character
Or even as one of the other portages I plan on playing a run with

Big Bede Energy. I love it so much.

I'm also working through Galar so I haven't quite finished it myself! But I'd be interested in taking Rival 2!

Big Bede Energy. I love it so much.

I'm also working through Galar so I haven't quite finished it myself! But I'd be interested in taking Rival 2!
No need to have finished the game, as long as you’re willing to familiarize with geographic locations when they come to, we aren’t closely following the exact plot. I want to explore our group relationships and utilize their skills for a fun story. If you’re interested in the role I have a CS ready for this taking off.

No need to have finished the game, as long as you’re willing to familiarize with geographic locations when they come to, we aren’t closely following the exact plot. I want to explore our group relationships and utilize their skills for a fun story. If you’re interested in the role I have a CS ready for this taking off.

Awesome! I'd definitely be up for it then!

For the gym leader relative, is it strictly a grandchild? Not a younger sibling?. With current gym leaders in Galar, that is quite limited. Unless this takes places years after?

I'd like to claim a spot. I haven't played Sword/Shield yet, but I've played every other Pokemon game.

[div style="text-align:justify;padding:20px 50px;"][div style="text-align:justify;padding:20px 50px;"][div style="text-align:justify;padding:20px 50px;"]this sounds super fun. 💙 i'd be interested in taking the researcher
[/div][/div][/div]

For the gym leader relative, is it strictly a grandchild? Not a younger sibling?. With current gym leaders in Galar, that is quite limited. Unless this takes places years after?
I’m keeping it at grandchild, to keep things fresh for the more under used characters, and I think it keeps things fair. I should have specified though that they can have any relative from any region, the list on my mind would be along the lines of:

Pryce, Wulfric, Agatha, Kabu, Opal, Watson, Blaine, Clay, Drayden, and Ramos.

If there’s one I missed we can discuss.

Hala and Nanu I don’t entirely mind but, again I’d rather no sibling relationships in this particular role play so being direct siblings with Lillie, her brother or Hau would be a no go.

I’m avoiding the dynamic for an opportunity for us to branch out.

Also, just to mention I did not add professors for a reason, I’d like to keep it at battle oriented individuals especially as we already have a researcher. The researcher could potentially have an unspoken for professor as their grandfather/aunt/uncle, I just find it offers a little less originality. But it’s an option.

Now that I think about it however the grandchild is not limited to battling, and does not have to compete in the league. They can be torn on all avenues and be adventurous in experimenting

By the way, Agatha is not a gym leader but an Elite four member. Are they available to choose from? ;x If they are, would Wikstrom be old enough?

By the way, Agatha is not a gym leader but an Elite four member. Are they available to choose from? ;x If they are, would Wikstrom be old enough?
Ah. Yeah. That’d be fine, and so would glacia, drake, Bertha and Drasna of the elite four. I sort of generalized there, and didn’t write every elite four member as I didn’t expect anyone to go for those particular ones, my apologies.

Reminder to everyone this is not fcfs. If you’re interested please let me know what available role you’d like and we can discuss ideas. I will not have you do work unnecessarily but I won’t reserve roles at random (:

Question: Are our characters meant to be the age the protag often is youngest possible to compete or is there an age range you would like for us to fall into?

Sidenote: I’m so tempted to just draw my protag, but that would require the location of my laptop sooooooo...

Question: Are our characters meant to be the age the protag often is youngest possible to compete or is there an age range you would like for us to fall into?

Sidenote: I’m so tempted to just draw my protag, but that would require the location of my laptop sooooooo...
Id Love to see your artwork! And another player wanting to join just asked the same thing, it looks like it did not save in my rules when I posted, sigh. Realistically I think 17 - 18 would be safest and most logical, I think 10 is silly for far too many reasons and also severely limits our creativity!

Realistically I think 17 - 18 would be safest and most logical, I think 10 is silly for far too many reasons and also severely limits our creativity!
Right?
Question (ish):
I’m presuming the regions function on generally the same education systems as their correlating locations in our reality, along with regional foods and such?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back