• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Pirates of the Darkening Skies - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Unrelated, but if anyone thinks of anything they'd be excited to see covered in more detail or expanded on in the rulebook, I'd be grateful for when The Big Edit happens.

Unrelated, but if anyone thinks of anything they'd be excited to see covered in more detail or expanded on in the rulebook, I'd be grateful for when The Big Edit happens.

Step by step instructions for idiots would be very helpful.

Not for me, of course! But for like... uh... a friend.

That is a vital component and it is so hard to get right. I might ask you to skim the core book sometime to see if the more detailed steps in there work better, so I can save time transplanting it over - or rewrite that one, too.

That is a vital component and it is so hard to get right. I might ask you to skim the core book sometime to see if the more detailed steps in there work better, so I can save time transplanting it over - or rewrite that one, too.
There is a core book? I though it was just that doc.

There's a flagship version for a darker, lower magic version of the setting.
The kickstarter plan is core version is the main thing, with stretch goals for this setting and the sci-fantasy one in space. Maybe the cyberpunk one, too.
And then the core is gonna get some expansions for playing as professional monster slayers and Vampires.

I'd be just happy with a simple understanding of mechanic And pretend my way the lore. Hence what I might have needed the idiot guide for.

I do have this quick version for conventions I can post somewhere for reference during this RP

System Primer

Rolls are made using a pool of twelve-sided dice {d12s} equal to the relevant Attribute.
The default Difficulty is 11, which means any die rolling 11 or higher is a Success. If a die rolls a 12, it explodes and can be rolled again.
The default Difficulty is reduced by 1 for each point that a character has in a relevant Skill.
If the player can justify the inclusion of a second Attribute in the roll, half of that Attribute rounded down is added as bonus dice.

COMBAT

• First, determine Initiatives. If there’s a tie, characters with higher Composure act first. Any remaining ties are resolved simultaneously.
  • From lowest to highest initiative players declare actions, which allows higher Init. characters to interrupt others. This sets the Turn Order.
  • Characters have a Combat Pool of dice that can be used on combat actions. This refreshes at the start of a new Round.
  • When making an attack or defending, the player declares how many dice they’re using, and describes the attack. The dice used are deducted from their total Combat Pool.
  • A character can attack as many times as they have points in Dexterity. They can defend as long as they have dice left.
  • If a character has no dice to defend themselves, a successful attack against them receives a free Success.
  • Difficulty is determined by the difference between the attacker and defender’s Offence and Defence - both start at 9. If there’s a Difference of more than 2 between these values, the higher value character’s Difficulty decreases to 8, and the lower increases to 9.
  • Damage is reduced by Soak. It is equal to Weapon Damage + Strength + Successes over the enemy’s Successes to defend -Soak. One third, rounded up, of all Damage to Condition is also applied to Health.
  • At 10 Condition and/or 5 Health a character must roll Willpower not to collapse unconscious or otherwise out of action.

In practice, fights are over fast with clear winners, and people surrender after being hurt badly. Usually. You actually can't miss if someone isn't actively defending themselves.
So I encourage being s sneaky dirty fighting bastard.

You're doing a good job of faking grokking the lore.

Been busy with another project the last few days, but the work on a post has begun - planning to get something out there today or tomorrow, time will tell how successful that'll be.

Short remark: We got these links for characters and lore above - could you add the main thread there as well, Grey Grey ? Makes it easier to navigate between the threads real quick.

Did we establish if and how Otto knows anyone else in the party?
Otherwise, we can probably safely say he's been looking for work and Leadbelly has had him temporarily working in the foundry on bullet manufacturing.

Did we establish if and how Otto knows anyone else in the party?
Otherwise, we can probably safely say he's been looking for work and Leadbelly has had him temporarily working in the foundry on bullet manufacturing.
That works for me. Also, how big is the airship? Will we have nameless NPC crews around or all the PCs will be enough crew to man the ship?

That works for me. Also, how big is the airship? Will we have nameless NPC crews around or all the PCs will be enough crew to man the ship?

Depends on the ship! Some only need small crews, some need bigger, it'll depend on what Kira decides to offer or what Kona bargains for.
Did you want to add some friendly NPCs or something like that?

Depends on the ship! Some only need small crews, some need bigger, it'll depend on what Kira decides to offer or what Kona bargains for.
Did you want to add some friendly NPCs or something like that?
Depends on the ship! XD
But I do plan for Otto to hang around the kitchen and storage area a lot so I might make some NPC chefs and errand boy if we end up with big ship.

Okay, promise I'll get a post up by Friday. Just finished a big exam planetary geology today and got 2 research papers due next week but I feel bad leaving you guys hanging here at the beginning.

Okay, promise I'll get a post up by Friday. Just finished a big exam planetary geology today and got 2 research papers due next week but I feel bad leaving you guys hanging here at the beginning.

We're slow moving but we ain't dead, so don't stress too much. Life & school first.

Grey Grey Hey, did you plan on Kira giving us our first mission (do a favor for her or something) or did you want me to have a plan already in mind (maybe tracking down a treasure Kona has a lead on) for the party? Depending on which one you want could change how Kona tries to negotiate a deal to get a ship from Kira.

*EDIT* nvm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back