• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Pirates of the Blood sea, (Gibbs, plan B)

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
images.jpeg-24-1.jpg
The skies burn with darkness as the waters turn red and violent.
Through the chaos and noise everything is destroyed.
That is the Monster known to all as the Crimson Storm, The Undead Whale,

The Blood Seas.
The Blood sea takes everything, That monster consumes all...
You can notice it from a distance, one might smell the burning clouds or see twisters towering like titans thrashing amongst blood red waves.
Mortals feel it in their soul, when the monster gasps for air it steals the breath from your lungs.
Some say the blood seas is a cursed monster, a hideous whale larger than the island bound to it. Constantly bleeding but never dying, always moving in search of crowded waters to stain with carnage and dread.
Some say the monster is humanity's curse, the gods way of punishing such cruel hate filled beings.

But the blood sea is much more sinister than a god's punishment. The undead whale is a unique and peculiar thing in this world of monsters and magic. For wherever the crimson storm blows in countless die, one always survives. At least long enough to speak of their misfortune, for one to emerge from the bloody madness does so a different person. Stronger... but Tainted...
To survive the monster awakens a ability of some kind within that persons being, it's said those with a cursed ability have their souls bound to the monster that granted the gift...

All who sail know and fear the blood sea, countless tales tell of its cruel exploits and uncanny survivors. Infact some claim a ghost ship made up of cursed pirates hunt the blood seas in hopes of slaying it and freeing their souls from the monster.
A claim which is true as it's where the story starts.
Fifteen years ago a feared pirate by the name of Rahull was caught in the Crimson storm and survived. With the ability granted to captain Rahull he was able to create a ship from the wreckage of his first encounter with the monster.
images.jpeg-90.jpg
The Swift Revenge for a long time was a ghost ship with one cursed soul aboard. Rahull spent his time since learning as much as possible about the undead whale whilst spending each moment hunting it down. Eventually though the Revenge gained a crew made up of survivors of the Crimson storm, one by one a cursed crew was formed each one allies in the goal of reclaiming their soul from a monster.

The story opens with the crew rescuing the latest survivor of the undead whale.
The Revenge has built up a small crew over the course of fifteen years, each with a unique ability and curse alongside the same problem of having their souls bound to a monster.
Captain Rahull's ability is akin to telekinesis but only effecting the ship he created in that fateful moment.
His curse prevents him from stepping on dry land which was what drove him to hunt the blood seas.
His crew (your characters) can be listed off with one hand but that hasn't stopped the Swift Revenge from tracking that monster, in the more recent years the crew has learned much and each day has been spent in preparation for the battle to come.

One might even say they are making decent progress, one could also say they are doomed...
It takes a brave tainted soul to defy a cursed fate, is that you?
====================
Medieval fantasy/pirate affair, magic and monsters about. The story involves a crew of cursed souls doing all they can to save their souls. Offscreen they have learned enough to set them on the right path but they still have much to do...
From standard pirate raids to fund the journey, to adventures in bustling cities and unforgiving wilds. Searching for information, power, treasures aswell as learning to appreciate the friends made on the journey of revenge.

Hoping for four or six players able to post once or twice a week, post length isn't a big issue but I'd prefer everyone write more than a paragraph.

Going for a soft magic system in the sense we aren't spending ages fussing over the details. So long as it isn't busted or broken it can probably slide.
You can come up with your characters unique ability and their curse, that said they can't have the "stuck at sea" curse as that's Rahull's whole gimmick as captain of the magic boat.
Also the crew has to go on land to progress the story.

Ask questions or claim spots below. The only spots to claim would be the order of joining the crew as it literally happens one by one.

I would love to be apart of this! I can get a character put together in a day or so as I'm a little busy with work lately but so very interested!

This looks fun! Interested in being a crew member, but any order’s fine with me.

I'm down.
I'd give this a shot.
This looks fun! Interested in being a crew member, but any order’s fine with me.
I would love to be apart of this! I can get a character put together in a day or so as I'm a little busy with work lately but so very interested!
I am always down for pirate shenanigans.

Would you like for us to use anime for our character pictures?

So in regards to the magic and ability part. Is magic the power that they have and abilities the applications of that power? T-T

I think i'm overthinking this ;-;

Magic is just something most people are born with. Random in nature sometimes genetic.

Ability/power is what is gained from surviving the blood seas, this is something extra or completely different.

For example Rahull's magic is wind based,
His ability is telekinesis over the ship he captains.
His curse is being unable to step on land, he is banished to the sea.

I'd need to throw you across a pine wood floor to make sure but let's just save us the trouble and say yea it counts

Yay I'm in...

BUT! If you ever need to test me to be sure...I'm prepared
Dab Slipping GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz

If anyone wants to play all they need to do is post a sheet, once I have five or six accepted I'll start the rp.

If your sheet isn't accepted I'll let the person know asap and offer suggestions to make it more acceptable

Last edited:
Interested, though not sure in what yet — maybe some kind of antagonist if the crew’s already full?

Crew can't really be full as the captain does 90% of anything to do with the ship by himself via cursed magic.

The crew is more or less his forces to go on land whenever needed due to his curse preventing him.

Not accepting antagonists, maybe if a player wants a second character later on I can give then a outline of a cs to work on with some predetermined goals

can I join this?? If so, I'd like to be some sort of villan, or villan personality character!! sorry if this is bad or mean or sudden I'm sorry if it is I really am

NeonFlow NeonFlow I've sent a hopefully acceptable CS in the crew page. If there's anything wrong with it and you'd like to suggest something else in replacement, I'd be happy to comply. I'm quite flexible and no doubt play around with a given set of features.

I am always down for pirate shenanigans.
Can I slide in real quick?
Not wanting to put a rush on anyone but I'm only accepting two more sheets for the time being.

I will most likely accept another cs down the line depending on if people drop or the group thinks we can fit another player into the post order.
If you would like to make a character for that reserved spot down the line I will tag you immediately the moment a player ghosts or it makes sense in the story for your character to pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back