• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Pirate War (w/ Roman)

erikaleeanne said:
Elm looked from the captain to Alistair and shook her head. "I'm sorry, Alistair. As long as I'm on this ship, I'm a prisoner." She still held the dagger firmly in her hand. "I would prefer to be somewhere I had a purpose." She continued to inch closer and closer to the boat.
Alastair ran toward the lifeboat and stood in front of it. "If you didn't here me clearly, when we spoke in the rooms, I told you, I'd treat you like a member of this crew. So, that's what I'll do." He took his own dagger and cut the ropes, causing the boat to fall. "You're not leaving."

The captain watched, a grin on his face. He reminds me of myself, when I was his age...

Elm stared at Alastair with rage, and then with pain. She stood, rooted to the spot for several minutes. She then looked over her shoulder at the captain. "You should be proud," she snarled, "he's just like you." With that, she retreated back into the ship.

Alastair followed behind her, "What do you mean, 'he's just like you'?! I am not losing a member of this ship, especially if they're under my watch!" He protested. "That's a sign of bad leadership, and I am not a bad leader."

"You're not a leader!" She exclaimed, turning around to face him before she reached the resting area, "You're HIM!" Elm gestured in the direction of the captain's quarters, even though the captain wasn't even there. "And he's not a leader either! Why on earth would I tell my stories to someone who is like your captain?"

"No one said you had to tell stories! Besides, I am nothing like him! He's just a crazy old man who just so happens to be my father and captain of this ship! So why be angry at me, when he was the one who caused all this?!" Alastair argued. "I might as well be the captain now! Better than him getting us all killed with his skills as a captain!" Alastair looked at her, his gaze obviously showing he was angry.

Elm stared back at his angry gaze, and then something came over her. In the heat of the moment, she grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him closer to her, harshly kissing him on the mouth. She held her lips in his for a minute before pulling away, face flushed.

"I...I don't know why I did that," she whispered, looking down at her feet.

erikaleeanne said:
Elm stared back at his angry gaze, and then something came over her. In the heat of the moment, she grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him closer to her, harshly kissing him on the mouth. She held her lips in his for a minute before pulling away, face flushed.
"I...I don't know why I did that," she whispered, looking down at her feet.
Alastair looked at her confusingly, his finger still pointed to the door that led out of here. "I think I'll be going to bed now." He said, his voice low as possible. Alastair walked around, Elm toward his room. "Make sure you're up tomorrow. We have some work to do." He opened his door and closed it behind him.

Elm stood in that spot, incredibly embarrassed. After calming herself, she turned into the resting area and flopped down on the bed once more, shutting her eyes and forcing herself to go to sleep.

Alastair pushed the door to his room open, "Wake up! Everyone up! Up! Up! Up!" He shouted. He threw his shirt over his shoulder and smirked, "We've hit a jackpot!"

Elm sat up at lightning speed - the shouting led her to believe there was an emergency. She then turned to see Alistair, and she felt a stir in the bottom of her stomach that she tried her best to ignore. "What happened?" She asked sleepily, knocking her hair out of her face.

erikaleeanne said:
Elm sat up at lightning speed - the shouting led her to believe there was an emergency. She then turned to see Alistair, and she felt a stir in the bottom of her stomach that she tried her best to ignore. "What happened?" She asked sleepily, knocking her hair out of her face.
"Well, you should obviously feel that we aren't rocking anymore. That's a first. That means we aren't sailing, because before we all went to sleep we set sail for a island. I don't know why, but we did. The captain has ordered me to take a handful of volunteers. 6 at the most.

Alastair picked 3 people. "OK, make that 3 volunteers. Who's up?" He asked pointing his shirt at the crowd.

A smirk rose on Elm's face. If her instincts were correct, which they usually were, then she had an idea of where they might be.

She eyed then Alistair. She wasn't going to raise her hand like a schoolkid, or ask for permission. She pulled on her shoes and stood up, silently joining Alistair and the other volunteers.

Alastair jumped off the box he was standing on and patted Elm's shoulder. "Nice to see you'll join us." He said chuckling. "Now I can see how well you fight." He then turned his attention to his volunteers, "We will be heading out soon, so get ready!"

Elm eyed Alistair for a moment. His attitude seemed different than yesterday, yet she couldn't quite place it. "Where are we?" She asked, eyebrow raised.

erikaleeanne said:
Elm eyed Alistair for a moment. His attitude seemed different than yesterday, yet she couldn't quite place it. "Where are we?" She asked, eyebrow raised.
"The coast of Cuba, is what the captain said. Now get your gear and stuff so we can head out. I want to finish and get back as soon as possible." Alastair said, pulling on his shirt.

"Oh," a clear smirk was on her face. She grabbed some gear and slid past him. As she passed by, she whispered, "Tell your father I said your welcome." Then made her way to the upper deck.

"Wow. She is one different kind of person." Alastair said to himself. He made his way up after getting prepared and stood in front of his group. "As you all know, I'll be leading this group. I was informed by the captain that... Elm knows these islands. She will be leading under me. If I get hurt you follow her every order!" He said to the group. They all started to yell and get rowdy. "Now, let's go and get some loot!"

Elm smirked. She looked out at the land and sighed happily. It had been quite a long time since she had gone exploring. As first mate of the Pharoh, Captain Keen tended to keep her on the ship. Without waiting for the others, she exclaimed, "Let's do it!" And made her way onto land.

Alastair made his was down off the ship, the group following behind. "Elm, lead the way." He said smiling. "Everyone, Elm knows her way around this place, so we follow her! Got it?!" He asked. The group roared and all you heard was yes and got it.

Elm walked for a minute along the beach, then called for Alistair. "Hey," she said when he came over, "there's a strong chance that we might be attacked by the natives any second, but I don't want to make the crew rowdy, so keep your eye out." She paused for a minute. "Are we gonna talk about last night?" She added in a softer whisper.

erikaleeanne said:
Elm walked for a minute along the beach, then called for Alistair. "Hey," she said when he came over, "there's a strong chance that we might be attacked by the natives any second, but I don't want to make the crew rowdy, so keep your eye out." She paused for a minute. "Are we gonna talk about last night?" She added in a softer whisper.
Alastair nodded, "Let the natives come at us now. We're still by the ship and if we need reinforcements will help." He said smirking. When she asked about last night, he looked away, "Yes. We will."

Elm rolled her eyes. What a vague response.

She led the men into a small, seemingly half-dead jungle. "Their village is in the center of this jungle, if I'm not mistaken." She looked over her shoulder at Alastair, "and I'm almost never mistaken."

They walked for quite a while longer before stopping in her tracks. "Something isn't right here..." She said to herself, then to Alastair. No more than a few seconds after she said it, she heard a soft swishing noise. She looked behind her and saw two crew members fall to the ground, darts hanging out of their necks. Three more swishes. Three more men down.

Elm quickly shoved Alastair to the ground, only to get a dart to the neck herself. "No, no..." She muttered, then collapsed. Soon after, natives began emerging from behind trees and dead branches, surrounding the group.

(Wanna both play some natives?)

( I think I'd just stick with Alastair since Elm is out cold )

The remaining crew members surrounded around Alastair to protect him as he picked up Elm. "Alright boys. I want you to get me back to the ship, so I can get Elm back." They all nodded and began to draw their swords out toward the natives, leaving Alastair a chance to run with Elm so he did. "Darn it..."

The natives, rather experienced in such endeavors, retaliated with swords and daggers that they had picked up from other crews. Natives still hung from the trees, shooting darts that took out every standing crew member. Two natives - one armed with darts and the other with a sword - caught up to Alastair and Elm. Standing in front of them with cold eyes.

"No," one of the natives said, "stay." The other native blew a dart that struck Alastair in the neck as well.

Alastair slowly fell to the ground, everything becoming blurry and disoriented. He soon dropped to the ground, Elm next to him.

When he woke up, he noticed he was in a different location. He didn't see Elm anywhere and assumed they killed her. Alastair wanted to say something but remained quiet, waiting for one of the natives to speak to him first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back