• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pinkerton RP interest check

Error 420

One Thousand Club
I'm making an RP where you play as members of the Pinkerton Detective Agency at the height of their power. Incredibly ruthless and violent, the Pinkertons were called in for the most heinous of crimes. Specifically, this will be during the late 1800's, where the Pinkertons were mainly used to break up unions and labor strikes. Most of these intrusions on labor strikes turned incredibly violent, resulting in the deaths of innocents. The government covered most of these deaths up, and it wasn't until the early 1900's that anything was done to stop them. Pinkerton agents would be blacklisted, their lives ruined, if they ever tried to speak out. The premise of this RP would be total freedom, and the plot would fold out as the players continued. I'm not sure what RP system to use, but I'd like to use a table-top gameplay style.

Systems that are being considered:
Heavily modified DND 5.0
GURPS
Champions

If you have any suggestions, leave them below.

NorthOfOrdinary NorthOfOrdinary
Yeah. I don't have anybody else onboard for this yet though. However, I got bored a couple days ago and made an RP inspired by this idea. If you're interested, the summary is below. If you'd rather the 1800's setting, then that's cool too.

RP takes place in 2050 in a world where, shortly after the Civil War, philosophy and culture halted. The United States was then taken over by mass corporations, using the power of the Pinkerton Detective Agency to rule the common people with an iron fist. Ideas, corporations, and politicians who went against the great American Businessmen of Morgan, Rockefeller, Hearst, Winchester, and Edison. Technology has only advanced to serve the purposes of these corporations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back