• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

DapperCharmer2.0

The Charming Llama
25 years. It had been 25 years since Chisuke had discovered his quirk, yet he remembered the night as if it had only happened yesterday. Even the dream, which were usually forgotten within the hour, stayed in his mind so vividly. A man with bladed hands had broken into his home and killed his father, moving next to strike his mother. But Chisuke had moved to protect her using the quirk he didn't know existed. That's when he had awoken to screaming. Until that point, at age 5, Chisuke had never truly screamed. Sure he had cried and yelled, as most toddlers did, but he had never needed to scream in such a primal way. But of course that was simply because Chisuke had never felt such pain before; pain caused by a reason he couldn't comprehend. Doctors would later tell him it was his quirk. Chisukes blood was literally ripping it way out of his skill to create an impervious armor. The doctor would compliment how powerful it was, how it could be a top quirk one day; the doctor hadn't felt how much it hurt though.

The memory of that pain caused Chisuke to never use his quirk again, save for a few years instance where he used it subconsciously to protect others or himself. But, even with the goal of quirk abstinence, Chisuke knew he was destined to be a hero. When he took the UA entrance exam, however, his dreams were almost crushed. Chisuke persisted and trained, becoming a formidable hero known as Gladiator. He couldn't go toe to with the biggest baddest villains, but going against any of them got the Government interested. Interested enough to give him permission to test run a new school; a school that would train the basically quirkiness to be heroes. That test run began 8 years ago and created two new heroes, one of which stood in front of Chisuke now. The rest class had only stood at five students. Now, while still having a similarly numbered class size, Chisuke had full funding from the governmenta. He only hoped his whole class would graduate this time.

Looking at the clock, 8am. It was time to open the gates. With one button press in his office, they opened and would let all the students enter the courtyard to meet before the entrance exam began.
"Come on," Chisuke spoke to Hinata as he stood up, "we'd best get down there to greet the future heroes of the world." Saying nothing more, he headed out of his office to the courtyard.

Hinata had a big smile on their face, mostly because their face was a skull, as they followed. "Today's the day. No longer just heroes, but a molder of student's minds," they chuckled, "from UA drop out, to PA student, to hero, to teacher. Sure has been a wild ride for only 8 years. Almost makes you kinda nervous. I mean not me, I'm calm. Cool as a cucumber. You know I'm never nervous. Nothing gets by me. No nothing....." Hinata paused, "I'm doing that thing again aren't I? Talking without thinking to hide that I am actually, surprisingly, nervous. Well I'm not usually nervous. Should I be nervous? Are you nervous? I...should probably just relax shouldn't I?"

Chisuke chuckled and put a hand on the skeleton's shoulder. "Yes you should, stress doesn't suit you," he encouraged, "don't worry, you'll be great."

With a nod and breath of relief, Hinata calmed themself and followed their mentor out of the office. Heading to the courtyard where all their students would be waiting.

Pumpkid Pumpkid Ocean123 Ocean123 TheAmbiguousStoryteller TheAmbiguousStoryteller Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Megilagor Megilagor

Last edited:
The grass was lush and green. The trees offered shade in their fortitude against the sun. The birds sang lovely tunes as they spoke to each other. The sky was blue with oddly fluffy-shaped clouds passing by. But Umiko was unaware of all of it. She laid under a tree, having barely made it to the courtyard. She was fast asleep, snoring loudly. Her black hair laid in ribbons over her shoulders and face as drool crept from the corner of her mouth. "No mom, I'm not going to school today. I'm... Too... Tired..." She said in her sleep with a yawn.

She brushed her face as a bug buzzed in her face. Completely unaware her instructor and someone else were moving towards her makeshift bed of grass and tree roots. Her backpack being used as a pillow to support her head as she slept the morning away. One might wonder how she made it to school at all or if she was even in the right place. Dressed in some giant hoodie baggy sweat pants and sneakers. "Stop that Gordo, It tickles when you lick my face." The sleeping girl who was a landmine waiting for the wrong person to step on her and activate her quirk giggled in her sleep as she batted at the air in her dream she was pushing her dog away. But her dog was still at her mother's house a place she visited but didn't live at any longer. She did miss her little puppy Gordo though.

Then a soccer ball jolted her away and she was in beast mode that easily. Sometimes she would like to learn how to turn it off and on but until then she got hurt and hurt them back tenfold. Though in this case, she didn't really want to hurt anyone or fight it was a simple accident and when she went to toss the ball back it went soaring through the air never to be seen again. "Sorry!" Umiko shouted before she stretched and stood up. She had a minute and a half to just wait it out before her berserker calmed down and she was the tired go with the flow Umiko.

(Side note: I am not really sure what you want me to do here? You didn't engage any of us. no real prompt or an idea of what is going on at the campus. Also, none of our characters have any knowledge of what is going on in your office. So I just went with something generic.)

• Lupe Suzuki
    Interactions: Open

610f03bb8d47275a82fabc8c74f60340.jpg
    Lupe rubs her eyes as she descends the stairs of her room, awakened by the scent of food displayed on the table. A smile tugs her lips at the sight of breakfast her father had arranged before work, always overdoing it with food as if to feed more than one mouth. Lupe did not complain for seconds is always a welcome. However, his habit comes from taking care of his ex-wife and son no longer in the same country after a falling out. Lupe couldn't leave her father and it was agreed upon with her brother that one should stay with the other to keep an eye on. Such trivial things left Lupe with more baggage than she needed, but didn't mind for the sake of other's happiness.

After a delicious meal, Lupe set out for the entrance exam at her soon to be university. The idea of traveling such a distance to become something more or even help harness her abilities in a advanced level will be exciting had it not been nerve wracking with every step she takes. Turning the corner, the courtyard is the fist thing that catches her tired eyes. A greenery of sorts decorated with flowers, bushes and trees for an asymmetrical view of the landscape. The groundskeeper must be a talent to maintain such a large plot. Aside from nature, there are students wandering around chatting idly along the way.

'This is the practically the pro school. It all happens here.' She gulped nervously clutching the strap of her messenger bag as she wanders around like a cautious kid.

The day began early for Liam as he had to cook breakfast for all the children in the orphanage he was raised in and is currently staying there as a caretaker.
As he finished making pancakes for 20 something kids, he called them over so they could eat them together.
After eating breakfast the eldest kid asked Liam “Liam will you miss us? Also will you visit us sometimes?”,
without missing a beat Liam replied while cleaning the dishes “You little rascal of course I will miss you guys, and yeah I will try visiting you guys at least once a week or maybe often if I will have time! But remember this you are the oldest one here except for me so when I'm not here you need to take care of the little guy's ok Bud?”
after quickly cleaning his hands he patted the boy on the head and continued “Listen you guys are my family so I will be on your side whatever you want it or not.”.
While saying that he took a quick glance at the clock and realized he needs to pack his things real quick so he won't be late on his first day at school “Ok let's end at that I need to go pack my stuff and get going.”.
So he did as he said he went to his room packed his stuff into a large backpack, put his headphones on plugged them into his phone, grabbed his skateboard, and left the orphanage while saying “Cya soon guys!”, then he hopped on his skateboard and rode it to school.
When he arrived at school he saw some students that he found interesting at first glance especially the Lady by the tree she looked a bit pissed but that made Liam interested in her even more, but not wanting to be rude to the teachers he went and greeted them first “Hi teach I'm Liam Morandi I'll be in your care for some time!”, after the quick greetings with the teachers, he went to said Lady and waited there till she calmed down before he would start talking with her.

Interactions: DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0 (teachers), TheAmbiguousStoryteller TheAmbiguousStoryteller (Umiko?), otherwise open.

Last edited:
Umiko turns away from the space-bound soccer ball looking around as the quirk started to subside. Her eyes stopped glowing and her face went from a glare to a tired expression and her entire posture changed from straight up to a slouch. "Oh hi. I'm Umiko Notagi" She said her voice had a lacklustre to it like she was really tired. Though this is how she normally was. She had heard the boy introduce himself as Liam something she didn't hear the last part as her eyes started to close but she opened them looking at mini Skeletor and the teacher. "You're in my class too?" She asked her words were almost as slow as she was when she went to pick up her bag. Umiko stood next to the boy she had heard introduce himself to the teacher or who she assumed was the teacher. What if it was the short skeletal person. Umiko wouldn't care if she made that mistake or at least she wouldn't let her lose any sleep. She had joined the school because she wanted to become a heroine but her quirk makes her viciously tired and she can't seem to activate it without being hurt to some degree. She hoped to learn how she could activate berserker without having someone have to hit her.

She throws her bag over her shoulder standing next to Liam. Her eyes dropping getting heavier and harder for her to keep open she was about to fall asleep again despite trying not to. Umiko yawns and stretches and her eyes close, she leans against Liam and starts to snore sleeping standing up leaning on his shoulder. She was out again hopefully she would be awake for the entrance again. How embarrassing would it be if she missed the entrance exam for the school that only accepted people with odd quirks that seem to be rejected by UA.

143896_3hDd5Sph.png

Makoto had been very careful to be waiting at the front gate to the school xe would be attending a good half hour early. Just in case. This gave xem plenty of time to worry about how exactly xe would survive this experience. Even if xe somehow managed to get into the program, the whole 'gender flipping' thing had gotten xem in trouble before. Xe didn't even have to do anything, people just made assumptions and that was all they needed to crucify xem... Xe hoped to be able to change in supply closets or something...

When the gates opened, Makoto nearly jumped out of xir skin. After a moment of panic, the purple haired eighteen year old cautiously made xir way into the courtyard. Unsure of what to do next, xe went off to one side and stood a bit away from anyone else, nervously chewing on xir bottom lip as xe waited to be told what to do.

While Chisuke was busy setting up the area where he would address the students, Hinata spent a bit of time given some students a brief hello and welcome to the school. It wasn't much but they didn't mind, since they'd be able to formally introduce themself when the exams started. As if, right on cue, the large school gates fully opened and Hinata was finally able to start leading the students inside. They took everyone to the decently sized courtyard, where Chisuke stood there waiting for them. There was no fancy stage, or even a podium, just the ivory haired man standing calmly.

Chisuke waited for the noise to die down before he spoke. "Welcome everyone to Phoenix Academy. I am Chisuke Takoyami, Principal and founder of this school. To my right is Hinata Masomora, they will be in charge of homeroom and mental health services," Chisuke introduced. "You are all here today because your quirks are weak, borderline useless. Now I do not tell you this to insult you, degrade you, or otherwise undermine you. I state it as simple fact. If you went out now and fight even the weakest villain, you would all die." The look on his face and bluntness of tone showed he wasn't joking.

Chisuke continued, "but as I said, that is why you're all here. To train yourselves, your quirks, your bodies, to become strong enough to be heroes. Strong enough to protect others and save lives. It sounds outlandish, too good to be true. But I promise it's possible, I am proof of that. I served several years as the hero Gladiator. If the name sounds familiar, it's because I was the world's first quirkless hero. Mx Masomora, one of my first students, is the hero Reaper. He is proof as well. It will not be easy, rather these four years will be the most gruelling, toughest years of your life. But by the end of it, I promise you will all be heroes."

Allowing himself to smile ever so slightly, Chisuke finished. "I now leave under the care of Mx Masomora. They will lead you to part one of your entrance exams." Chisuke then headed back into the school.

Hinata then began to speak, "as Mr Takoyami stated, I'm Mx Masomora; though Hinata is fine too. Follow me and we'll start your exam." Hinata then led the students to a classroom where the chairs were set up in a large circle, with Hinata taking a seat closet to the front of the class. "Right, so the first part of the exam is real simple; you can hardly call it exam really," they chuckled lightly, "I just want everyone to introduce themselves and tell us why they failed the UA entrance exam. I know it might be hard to bring up our failures or faults, but the first step to being a hero is reflecting on our short comings and growing from them." Their tone was calm, welcoming, clearly establishing a safe environment. "No wrong answers, except those that aren't honest." They then looked around, waiting for someone to start.

Ocean123 Ocean123 TheAmbiguousStoryteller TheAmbiguousStoryteller Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Megilagor Megilagor Pumpkid Pumpkid

Golden eyes surveyed the area before him, Damari’s strides taking him up to the schools gates. The young man stood in awe at the simplicity of it all. This was the school that was giving him a second chance! He could barely contain his excitement, which was made clear by him bouncing on his feet slightly.

Casting a glance around at the other students, he tried getting a small grasp on what sort of wools he would be working with, or competing against, however it seemed everyone was just as nervous as he was. Well, for the most part anyways.

Shrugging off the encroaching nervousness, he snapped his gaze back to the gates as they began to open, the slight creak they released showing that the whole place was just as second hand as they all were. Not that it really mattered at this point. Damari was here to show what secondhand goods could do.

Allowing the flow of students to go before him, he then followed them all into the clearing, avoiding any interactions with people for now until he had a better grasp on things. That’s when he set eyes upon the teachers.

His first impression on the walking skeleton? ‘Wow. Did people really look like that without skin and muscle?’ His second was, ‘oops, I missed half of what he just said.’

The worry about missing the first half of what the skeleton led to him blurting out an answer to his question, “my quirk can’t deal with robots, I couldn’t score any...” he paused as he suddenly felt a score of eyes turn towards him, and the young man felt his cheeks redden as his voice trailed slightly. “Points...” he finished, looking down at the ground and gripping his backpacks strap tighter.

Dexter's pale yellow eyes surveyed the surrounding areas, and immediately liked this area. It made them feel like they had a second chance, knowing they got invited to somewhere. They weren't paying attention to anyone around them at the moment, but instead at the people talking, and really didn't hear anything they said.

As all the student walked in, Dexter just followed, really not paying attention. Their gaze fell upon the teachers, 'wow... so cool' They thought, seeing the teachers. They payed attention to their words, and especially when Damari blurted out, they were curious and didn't realize their eyes felt like laser to his skin.

Dexter shrugged, stood up taller, "Hello! I'm Dexter Moore! I am Non binary, and I don't really care what pronouns you use, as long as it's not She/Her pronouns when referring to me! Anyway, I failed the UA because, well, I tried jumping onto a robot, but accidentally tripped after getting distracted looking at someone rushing past me and the robot almost crushed me! I hope I can learn to focus better, and learn to use my quirk better against others!" They said with a smile.

Dexter shrugged again and sat back down, 'That was easy' They thought. They looked around, to see who'd go next. Dexter smiled, knowing they were the first to go, and was really hoping to pull some attention away from Damari, who looked uncomfortable.

Last edited:

• Lupe Suzuki
    Interactions: Hinata DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0 / Mentions: Damari TheVirtualOne TheVirtualOne Dexter .sheep.wolf. .sheep.wolf.
    Lupe jolts at the sound of the principal greeting the gathering students and filling everyone in on what to expect. He hands his speech over to what seems to be a nonchalant skeleton. The goth side within the girl internally squeals delighted to see such an awesome looking character. However, in the moment of giddiness, she attempts to restrain herself before her other persona takes over. She clawed and bit her lip in attempt to calm herself probably seeming as though she was having an upset stomach. 'No, I have to listen or I'll be clueless!' She argued as she takes a deep breath, relieved to be in a stable condition. She listened adamantly for the moment until the group is taken to the classroom.

Lupe underestimates how amazed she is to gawk over a skeleton, her pride and joy of an aesthetic. In the blink of an eye, she sits still, and then a great, big smile tugs her lips as "Peppy" or "White" Lupe takes over. Her eyes sparkling with in awe at Hinata while at the same time mumbling a made up song of her own talking about their instructor.

'Magic skeleton on the rise! Who's strength is other worldly. He is Death! Ah~'

Lupe ceases to ramble to herself and turn to the boy who blurted out their reason for failing the exam. Her childish self couldn't help but giggle at the boy for his aloofness. "He's embarrassed." She said to herself. Next was a sheep like character finding their feature rather adorable. She simply loves animals and wonders if his hair was as soft as a goat. Said person addressed the class with important details regarding their gender to which Lupe sighed in admiration. "I wish I could be Nonbinary." She pouted. Lupe realized she had an open shot at giving her reason for failing. So without any remorse, she raises her hand and flails it around. " Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Me next, I want to have a say!" She didn't wait to be picked on and goes for it. "My power totally sucks on robots I mean how do I even break a robot without any gear? I prefer fleshies to punch." She jabs the air. "The name is Lupe Suzuki and my power is replication." She winks. "Aside from that I...um..."

Slowly, normal Lupe takes over reverting to herself again. She notices that all eyes are on her as she explains whatever the heck she was in the middle of saying. Her anxiety rises embarrassed her other side has put her on the spot. Her gaze shifts o her boots. "S-sorry. I failed not just because of my power, but I have...
    multiple personalities." Her voice shrinks as she does feeling ashamed. She had to say it, there is no other option if she plans to get better. She takes a deep breath. "I-I mean that I have a personality disorder where it exhausts me and distracts me from my objective. It's often the cause why I can't control my powers much."

Lupe takes her seat saddened and hangs her head low throughout the rest of class.

Last edited:
People talking and introducing themselves; it happened by chance that she even made it to the right classroom. Umiko stretched in a big yawn smacking her lips and rubbing her eyes. She surveyed the area. Okay, they all seemed to be pretty normal; Umiko caught pieces of what everyone said. Non-binary, it seemed pretty interesting; she would have to meet them later, Dexter Moore. Wait, did they have horns? She shook her head and looked to the front of the class. "Well, that's something you don't see every day." She said, trying to explain how the skeleton teacher was holding itself together logically. Lupe introduced herself, and Umiko could feel some connection. She didn't have multiple personalities, but her quirk definitely has a personality of its own—so many interesting people with strange and awesome quirks. Umiko's thoughts betrayed her deadpan stare as she surveyed the classroom.

Damari didn't score any points. She wondered how his quirk worked. Then Nathan Wolf was who she noticed next. He seemed pompous and rude. She scoffed at his introduction. Then it must have been her turn. She rubbed her eyes again. "My name is Umiko Notagi; I am here because I slept through the exam. My quirk is Berserk, and it only activates when I get hurt; otherwise, I am always tired. So I hope this time I can take the exam and prove I am stronger than Allmight!" She stretched again and laid her head down. "Good night."

"Teacher, can you take off your head how is it attached?" Umiko says before dozing off into a slumber. Narcolepsy was another disorder she could be mistaken to have or she is a narcoleptic. Too tired to remember Umiko welcomed sleep. "Lupe do want to play catch with me and teacher!" Umiko muttered quietly into the backpack she's using as a pillow.

Liam followed others to what appeared to be their classroom, he quietly sat down on one of the chairs and got lost in his thoughts.
Liam was looking around the room and listening to stories of different people, of how they all failed their entrance exam to UA, within each of their stories one thing was certain the UA exam was near impossible for a quirk that has no attack power.
Yet he still tried, then he suddenly snapped back to reality, stood up, and said: "My name is Liam Morandi; My quirk is Man-Puppet its a type of quirk that's constantly active, ever since the incident that is..... but about my quirk, it allows me to move my body regardless of the state it is in, so a broken arm and a leg will not stop me from moving like normal, it also accelerates my healing and doesn't allow me to feel any pain."
After taking a quick breath he continued: "There are a few reasons why I failed the UA exam. But the most important one was that I spent too much energy trying to take down one robot which I only barely managed, I must have looked like a possessed or an insane person to others since I just kept punching the robot in the 'eye' for almost entirety of the exam."
After he said all that he just did a quick bow, smiled softly in the direction of Umiko and Lupe, then he sat down and once again got lost in his own thoughts.

Last edited:
Makoto looked around at all the people xe would (hopefully) be attending classes with. When it was mentioned that everyone would have to introduce themselves and stuff, xe shrunk into xemself and tried very hard to go unnoticed, only perking up a little at the mention of pronouns and making a mental note to write down Dexter's identity at the first opportunity.

Eventually, inevitably, xe had to say something. Everyone was looking at xem as xe stared at xir feet and tried not to mumble xir introduction. "Um... My name is Makoto... I failed the entrance exam because... Well... My quirk is kind of useless and... It kind of got me banned from every training facility... So I was kind of clueless and couldn't fight or defend myself..."

Figuring that was more than enough information, xe quickly sat back down and tried to calm xemself to the point where xir face wasn't practically glowing bright red.

Dexter wasn't really paying attention, as they were trying to figure out everyone's personality. They already like Lupe and Damari, disliked Nathan, and didn't know about the others. It was pretty clear their head was in the clouds, until Makoto spoke, then they were all ears.

'Why is everyone so nervous?' They thought, confused. It was only a short explanation to get to know everyone. They shrugged it off, and just kept listening as everyone introduced themselves, until they zoned out again, thinking about who knows what.

They observed everyone's appearance, and made mental notes of everyone's names. It seemed to go on forever, as they were kind of impatient. So they leaned back in their chair, and yawned, sleepily. They just wanted this to be over, and something new to happen.

Last edited:
Looking around the room, Hinata stayed silent as they listened to everyone. Most seemed to be more than happy to admit that they had failed because of their Quirk's inability to handle the test. Others went a bit more into their own shortcomings, while one student seemed to be doing the question. Hinata would have to watch Nathan. Having an attitude wouldn't be a huge deal to start with, but could start to pose a problem if the attitude didn't start to change. After all, Nathan would never progress if he kept the attitude of 'im being forced to be here.'

With everyone answered, Hinata gave a nod. "Well the good news is, you all pass," they chuckled lightly, "not that there was any doubt. As you probably thought, this wasn't a very hard exam. I'd say impossible to fail. But, it does serve two purposes. Firstly, it let's you reject on your shortcomings. Shortcomings that you will improve by the end of these next three years. Secondly, it starts the process of getting to know one another. You'll spend the next four years together. Learning, living and bonding with one another."

Hintata moved to a projector and turned it on. "Before you move to your actual exam, I want you to watch this video," explained Hinata, "it was taken a few years ago, security footage from a break in performed by The Hexagon." As the students hopefully knew, the Hexagon was a well known team of villains that specialised in stealing weapons and selling them off. They consuted of six members; The ice villain : Frost, the Arachnid villain: Tarantula, the Shark villain : Jaws, the Ammunition villain : Bullets, the Throwing Blades villain: Blade, and the Acrobat villain : Gypsy. Each were formidable villains alone, but together they were serious business.

Hinata let the video play, showing the Hexagon breaking into a weapons warehouse. They looked unopposed until the Quirkless hero : Gladiator showed up. The next ten minutes saw him take down each of the villains single handedly. And, while not uninjured, he managed to knock them all out.

At the end, Hinata looked to the class. "Now, why did I show you that video. To show you, it's possible. The man on that video, your Principal, has zero quirks. Yet he took on all those villains. He didn't need a strong quirk to beat the badguys, neither do any other you," Hinata smiled, "now, any questions before I lead you to your exam?"

Ocean123 Ocean123 TheAmbiguousStoryteller TheAmbiguousStoryteller .sheep.wolf. .sheep.wolf. Megilagor Megilagor Pumpkid Pumpkid TheVirtualOne TheVirtualOne

This is just to give an idea of what a quickness hero could do against multiple people. Just pretend it ended with Batman knocking everyone out. No need to watch past the room collapsing.

Dexter watched the video in awe, 'Wow... That's our principal?!' They thought, in disbelief. They got excited, if this could help with their quirk, this year was gonna be great. They looked around, to see if anyone else was as excited, yet deep down they knew they get excited easily.

They racked their brain, to see if they had any questions, but really had none. So they shrugged, and returned their attention to Hinata. Dexter was hoping the exams wouldn't be hard, as they thought they were not anything special. Their mind tried to figure out what it could be, 'Maybe an actual paper test?... Most likely not, since that'd be kind of useless.. Could it be an obstacle course? Maybe.. Maybe it's a race?' They thought over it, until it turned into an endless whirlpool of possibilities.

Dexter ultimately just sighed, and hoped the exams wouldn't be difficult. Then they brushed it off, and listened to Hinata, and any answer they gave to a question. They silently made mental notes that were needed. But their mind kept going to the exam, wondering and hoping. They tried to calm down, and forget about it, yet they couldn't. Eventually they just stopped thinking, and did their minimal, breathing, blinking, and listening to what they needed to.

They only hoped it wouldn't be a strength test. They would fail miserably, but if it was speed, it would be easier. Same with agility. They didn't train, up until they heard about becoming a hero, which in itself wasn't until they were thirteen. Where as some people train their entire lives for these moments. Getting distracted was another problem, and that's how they failed the UA exam.. Adding self-maintenance on top of that, Dexter truly thought they might as well become a track star. Yet that's just how life goes.. You can't choose what your good at, and what your horrible at.

They tried to focus on the good things, as in their speed and stamina. They had training in that, as they did do track, cross country, and any marathon they could go to. They adored rock climbing as well, which added onto that. So as long as there was a need for agility/speed, or it wasn't an actual physical test using Speed/Strength, they would be fine. They finally snapped out of it. They knew they were over reacting, and should calm down. 'Calm down, you don't even know if it's a test using Speed and Strength! It could be something completely different. It will be fine' They thought to themselves.

Last edited:

• Lupe Suzuki
    Lupe looked at Umiko surprised to be spoken towards when they haven't even met for even a second, not that she was complaining. Before the girl's collapse she asked to play catch in regards to using Hinata's head as the ball. Lupe's jolly side truly wished to join, but was skeptical enough to repress the excitement. Returning to the topic, Lupe was surprised at the fact that she had already passed her first test by accepting their flaws from high school. Although she had inevitably accepted her position as disabled in the line of her hero, she was encouraged by many to pursue her dreams. She held hope to achieve her goal once she heard of the Pheonix University. Now that she was given pass, she felt a little confident. Even more so when Hinata played a video of their principal kicking butt. His movements made it seem easy as though they were dancing gracefully to a ballad. Lupe was enraptured for the majority of the tape to the point she felt joy. She wanted so much to believe she could do the same if she put her mind to it.

An "awe" of disappointment escapes her lips when the video ended. Nonetheless, she listened to her instructor lecture about the premise of the battle, but it only made Lupe curious about what their pep talk.

TheAmbiguousStoryteller TheAmbiguousStoryteller

Hinata looked around the room, giving a few moments for someone to ask any questions they had. It seemed that the closet that anyone came to that was a scoff from Nathan. Nodding, Hinata figured that they'd move on. Chisuke was probably ready for the students anyway, so there was no point in waiting around here just for the sake of waiting. "No questions? Great, guess that means you guys are ready for your exam," Hinata spoke. They moved to leave, gesturing for the students to follow.

Hinata led them through the school, mentioning points of interest as they went, before arriving at a large gymnasium. Hinata paused at the door, "hope you all are ready, i promise this will be a lot harder than speaking your name," they explained. Hinata then opened the door. Inside, Chisuke was waiting for them; fully dressed in his hero attire, save for the helmet. "Bout time you," he smiled, "thank you Hinata."
Hinata nodded and left the students in Chisuke's care.

With Hinata gone, Chisuke looked to the class. "Welcome. This will be your final exam, your final obstacle to starting down the path of becoming a hero. It will not be easy, but it will be worth ever drop of sweat," Chisuke paused for a moment as if building tension, "your exam is to fight me. More accurately, each of you must draw blood. Doesn't have to be much, just a drop."

Chisuke took another pause, giving the students a moment to realise he was serious. "You all have 20 minutes and may work alone or collaboratively. Don't worry about hurting me, trust me i can take it," he explained, "and don't think I'll be going easy on you. God knows the villains won't." Chisuke then put on his helmet and prepared himself. "Exam starts now."

Ocean123 Ocean123 TheAmbiguousStoryteller TheAmbiguousStoryteller TheVirtualOne TheVirtualOne Pumpkid Pumpkid .sheep.wolf. .sheep.wolf. Megilagor Megilagor

Last edited:
Umiko was awakened by the sound of people moving long enough to latch on to someone and help them guide her on the to the next test. She didn't know who it was but they felt kind of boney. She was moved into the next area where they were presented with the principal Chisuke. She stood still for a moment and let go of whoever had guided her to the final exam. She thanked them silently in her snoring. But her mystery guid/pillow had gone and she was falling. Was it a dream, it felt like she was falling but in her sleep she couldn't tell if it was real until she hit the ground. "I was definitely falling." She said getting up just in time to hear the parameters of the exam. Making the principal bleed. "OKAY!" She shouted as she got to her feet.

Umiko charged Chisuke with a strange grin on her face like she was going to enjoy this way too much. She was only awakened she hadn't taken or dealt damage yet but her strength was still formidable. It was when the fight really started that things would get amped up. But she wanted a first strike bonus. Umiko drove her fist forward with purpose aiming to hit her principal in the stomach just below his diaphragm. "This is gonna be fun." She said with a smirk under he breath. She followed up with another strike this one was from her left as she instincutally brought her right back to her body. This started a flurry of alternating punches. In her mind she kept telling herself. Body, Head, Body, Head. When she threw one hand forward the other came back to block her face. Letting her instincts guide her through the fight as she made the strategy to keep attacking she could break his armor she would break it and get even just a drop of blood.

Chisuke felt a grin grin grow under his mask as Umiko charged towards him. He'd initially been a bit worried that her quirk might cause her to be....apathetic to this exam. But he was happy to see that she had the drive that he was looking for, the drive that told him she could become a hero. Of course it was clear she was untrained. Having a strength quirk, she'd clearly grown reliant on it; no finesse to her attacks. She was just trying to tire him out. But Chisuke didn't look like he was tiring anyone soon. Chisuke let the hits come, striking him. He knew they wouldn't draw blood yet and the pain was nothing compared to what he'd gone through to get here.

No, he wouldn't make a move, not until he saw an opening. Luckily, Umiko was creating a clear pattern. Body, head, repeat. All Chisuke needed to do was wait. Suddenly, just as she began pulling away her body blow, Chisuke ducked down to dodge the head strike. In the same motion he sweeped her feet; which would trip her if she hadn't been paying attention. Finally, he flipped backwards a few times and created distance. "First lesson, Umiko. Strength is an ally, but unpredictability is a better one," he stated, "a good villain only needs one strike to take you out permanently. You become predictable in your combat, you create patterns. You create a pattern, a villain will spot it and exploit it."

TheAmbiguousStoryteller TheAmbiguousStoryteller

The moment Chisuke began stating, Dexter took that as an opportunity for a turn, as this was a fully trained Hero, and it wouldn't be easy. But it was worth a try.

So they slipped away silently from the group without a word, which was easy as they were not the tallest person in any way. And they went for the legs. They took their own legs, and swiped Chisuke's using one of their feet, then with the other attempted to draw blood using the other hoof which was sharp.

This all was happening near the same time with speed, as it was sort of key for Dexter. Without actual strength worth using, agility as needed..

Last edited:
As he finished talking, Chisuke just barely managed to hear Dexter seconds before he felt his legs give way. Dexter was probably real proud of that move, Chisuke was too. But this also wasn't the first time that Chisuke had been tripped. It was an inevitable in this job that you'd get taken to the ground. So it was important you knew how to recover. Chisels let himself fall backwards, managing to land on his hands and spring board himself to a standing position; just missing the hooves. He then gave Dexter a kick to the stomach, to cause distance. "Good work Dexter, stealth and distraction are vital weapons on the hands of those without strong quirks."

.sheep.wolf. .sheep.wolf.

Umiko was predictable and she had been tripped because of it. Though when she fell it only made her want to get that drop of blood even more. She started to giggle and she slowly got to her feet watching him he was creating distance. No chance he was getting away, Umiko burst forward quadruple time, she had to make up the lost distance so she was going full throttle. Umiko jumped over Dexter with a laser-like focus and infinite determination. She had cleared the distance between her and Chisuke while he had springboarded backward with a might leap. "I WASN'T FINISHED!" She shouted as her knees came up and she was aiming to put them into Chisuke's face. She was riled up stronger than she was before and faster her senses were making her more alert as the adrenaline started to flow through her, Umiko's eyes dilated as she honed in on Chisuke even if she missed her first knee and she had to reset. She was quick to launch her next attack. A roundhouse kick aiming for his head she didn't think she could but she kicked with the intent of really hitting him as before she seemed to be treating it as an exercise.

She fought with more ferocity but the same strength, she wanted him to hit her, she asked for it begged for him to strike her with her fighting. She knew this would increase her strength and being the principal he also probably knew this too. But if he didn't soon then she would have to improvise. It would be a simple plan but at least it was something, she could work together with the others, but she could also just keep fighting she didn't seem to be tiring. Though how long would she have before she lost this adrenaline rush. Umiko started to become more reckless just so she could keep up the adrenaline. "Dexter kick me as hard as your can!" She just needed some more strength to really put the hurt on.

Dexter stood up with an oof, and was startled when Umiko jumped over the small sheep-like person. They sighed, and put their hands on their knees. 'That kick was strong..' They thought, but smiled about the praise.

When Umiko shouted at Dexter, they hesitated, then remembered team work, and ran fast at Umiko. Then proceeded to jump and kick her about three times as hard as they'd hoped to, which made them stumble, but they landed pretty ok, on their hands and hooves.

Dexter moved to the side-lines, having been tired by now, and needed rest. But if someone needed Dexter, they'd do that.

Last edited:
While Liam stood on the sidelines he kept trying to figure out both Umiko's and Teaches rhythm and find a good moment to butt in.

Coincidentally said moment appeared when Dexter kicked Umiko because their rhythm changed right at that moment into the tempo he knows from his training with Chizome.
As soon as that happened Liam roared: "Let's get it started!".

He then ran towards them while keeping a certain rhythm in his footwork almost like he tried to dance. As he approached Chisuke he attempted to do a Gancha Chibata, which is a sweeping body kick followed by a sweeping low kick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back