Other Philosophy, Thinking in the Grey.

are you spiritual/religious or scientific?

• Total voters
I don’t have an opinion to share or anything but it’s cool to see civil debates on this sort of thing, usually goes in flames pretty quickly, nice work my duds
I’d say I’m A firm believer in God though, having witnessed things that make me believe in him and all, but science is pretty good too you know

Oh my god! I can't get over what I just heard.

So there is a woman I spoke to because she said she would rather re-home her kid to keep the dog. The reason, she value's the animal's life over that of the child if the child is allergic to the animal.

If you had a kid who for some reason could not be around a dog, cat, or whatever sort of pet flips your bip, and yet you really really want the pet, what would you do? I run this through my head over and over again and it lacks any sense of proper morals to me. Valuing the life of an animal over your own kid! Is she crazy? Or am I blowing this out of proportion?

Help me guys.

Oh my god! I can't get over what I just heard.

So there is a woman I spoke to because she said she would rather re-home her kid to keep the dog. The reason, she value's the animal's life over that of the child if the child is allergic to the animal.

If you had a kid who for some reason could not be around a dog, cat, or whatever sort of pet flips your bip, and yet you really really want the pet, what would you do? I run this through my head over and over again and it lacks any sense of proper morals to me. Valuing the life of an animal over your own kid! Is she crazy? Or am I blowing this out of proportion?

Help me guys.
I may be strawmaning here, but I'd say that's a classical case of an emotinal relative response versus a rational one. It's her kid, yet her attachment to the pet was somehow greater than that to her child so against better judgement she went with her feelings. And the result was atrocious.

I may be strawmaning here, but I'd say that's a classical case of an emotinal relative response versus a rational one. It's her kid, yet her attachment to the pet was somehow greater than that to her child so against better judgement she went with her feelings. And the result was atrocious.
It was mentioned by her as a hypothetical situation. But still! It disgusts me to no end.

That... is crazy. Although pets are valuable creations as well, personally, I am more likely to save a member of my own species. Especially if that member of my species is my own child. In my mind, whoever would abandon a child like that for any reason other than an inability to care for her... should not be trusted with any life form on this planet.

That... is crazy. Although pets are valuable creations as well, personally, I am more likely to save a member of my own species. Especially if that member of my species is my own child. In my mind, whoever would abandon a child like that for any reason other than an inability to care for her... should not be trusted with any life form on this planet.
Wadup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back