• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Phantom blades common room speakeasy

Main
Here
Characters
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The occ for the rp, ask questions and plot shit here

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread yutohase yutohase don don

y'all are good to go when I make the rp page. But I have two questions for you all.
1) is anyone gonna be upset if their character doesn't win said tournament?
To clarify one doesn't have to win to impress the captain's who recruit and it's implied everyone with a acceptable sheet is getting recruited to a faction (or another if enough players arrive)

2) would you rather wait for more player characters before starting? The tournament can be summed up easy unless two player characters oppose in which actions I read and mana types etc determine who win.

I see it more like everyone gets one or two wins to npc' s but the end game will need a bit of wrestling booking aha

Don't want anyone's character being declared as champion over other players and 20+ npcs lol

We can say everyone's got defeated by the top tier NPCs lol. Then these NPCs got recruited into the best faction.

To be honest Its a bit biased but I was gonna have one player character end up agaisnt my graduate and yutohase yutohase seems to have written his cs backstory to match that without me saying anything prior lol

Of course I’m fine with my character not winning the tournament, lol. I think the amount of people we have now is good.

1) Yeah, I'm fine with Endo not winning the tournament.
2) I think we're good with just the four of us.

Also I'm totally down for having Endo fight Yahno if it comes down to it.

Dextra Dextra your character will be accepted I just wanted to ask however how you imagine his magic working, is he creating the weapons and physically throwing them or is he spawning ghost weapons that fly at a target aha

Cause I imagine this dude as a powerhouse who runs into battle and creates weapons an shields as needed,
if you had a number of weapons, sure throw them but if each one costs mana to make and keep useful then you wouldn't throw swords as opposed to fire arrows yea? Swords won't be flying as far or straight like a arrow would nah mean?

Dextra Dextra your character will be accepted I just wanted to ask however how you imagine his magic working, is he creating the weapons and physically throwing them or is he spawning ghost weapons that fly at a target aha

Cause I imagine this dude as a powerhouse who runs into battle and creates weapons an shields as needed,
if you had a number of weapons, sure throw them but if each one costs mana to make and keep useful then you wouldn't throw swords as opposed to fire arrows yea? Swords won't be flying as far or straight like a arrow would nah mean?
My plan was a mixture, he could create a weapon that he could hold and if he choose throw or create weapons in the air that fly at a target.

The weapons he created to hold would be a constant drain on his mana but it would be the actual creation of the item itself that would be the biggest drain.

You are right at long ranges arrows would be his choice of projectile, they are smaller, would use less mana, more aerodynamic while close range he would use bigger objects like swords.

The idea of his fighting style I have it akin to a close range caster. Using his own weapon skill to apply pressure on a target and trying force them into a tight situation and using his magic to try and finish them off at an opportune time. For example he might use his magic to send a magic blade down his opponents left side while slashing to the right with his own sword.

If that doesn't work for you I'm more than happy to go with just one or the other ^_^

I'd prefer it be he needs to make weapons to use with his own skills with said weapon as opposed to spawning telekinect swords or something.

Like how you said
Offensive magic = weapons
Indvidual magic = armour
Sealing magic = chain/wire/rope

I'd prefer it be he needs to make weapons to use with his own skills with said weapon as opposed to spawning telekinect swords or something.

Like how you said
Offensive magic = weapons
Indvidual magic = armour
Sealing magic = chain/wire/rope
Works for me! That's the route I was going to take if you wanted me to only pick one anyhow :closed eyes open smile:.

Would arrows still be acceptable to shoot arrows without him having to use a bow? less telekinetic more upon creation they shoot as in they have already been shot by a bow? If not once again that's fine by me!

I'd prefer he make a bow, just think about the leveling up he can do.
Short bow to long bow to big ass crossbow and eventually someday a trebucheat

I'd prefer he make a bow, just think about the leveling up he can do.
Short bow to long bow to big ass crossbow and eventually someday a trebucheat
Works for me! Weapon creation it is!

Everyone if you have a like from me on your cs your good to post in the rp page.
This tournament will be up to you guys somewhat.
Each graduate will only fight in three matches, meaning you can choose to win or lose against a npc or you can have a contest between another players character where well written actions that make sense and my judgement will determine a winner.

You have a fair bit of freedom in your first post, you can type out a epic first fight only to have a anticlimactic loss for the second one. You can describe all three fights poorly in the one post to save time and allude to how said character remembered the event.

Main thing is I'll let you know OOC or in brackets what's good to go and what's a bad.
For the tournament arc you can control npc graduates, and crowd cheering or booing, that's it.
Captains, the crowd, etc are all done by me.

That said I'll be a bit upset if you make the entire arena cheer your name like your character is medieval fantasy stone cold Steve Austin. Just have them go "yaay" or "boo"
Maybe "woo!!"

I'm writing the rp page today but have work aswell, so ask questions here or maintain a buzz of excitement for when I tag you in the rp page

I edited Stella's CS a bit to convey her personality better. Also, how many participants is in the tournament? Is it like all graduates join it or is it more like only the best of graduates can participate?

I was gonna make it 64 like a smash ultimate tournament then realised how long that would take in game lol

So there's about 60 graduates divided into brackets with the winner of each bracket going on to a main event. Spoiler though, no ones characters reach that main event

I don’t plan on my character battling another in the tournament, but I’m interested in how something like that would go down😂

Like a anime game of scissors paper rock most likely.

Sealing beats indvidual
Indvidual beats offensive
Offensive beats sealing.

(That is very simplified however)

Ooh sounds interesting! I'm definitely down for that style. I wouldn't mind if someone else's character would want to fight mine, or if I just fight randos. Let me know when the RP page is up!

I didn’t know what to do, so I settled for my character getting his ass beat😂
I'm happy for you to edit in more, for example Maybe he keeps the big guy away with lots of ice shard projectiles but ultimately big man gets close so vega makes a wall to catch him but biggun explodes out of the ice via strength an fire...
only for your man to hesitate swinging a sword at a unarmed man, and he gets wrecked during the hesitation

yutohase yutohase Haruka "Jehn" Xight is poison, my original idea was she makes a poisonous raincloud though in this case it would causes hallucinations/sedative effect as a outright poison would kill.

Also Endo would end up against Yahno in the third fight unless I wrote it wrong haha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back