• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Persona!

simj26

Awful, Terrible, No-good Layabout
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXjjMUS8i-4[/media]

So I've just recently finished Persona 4 Golden with the Hollow Forest and Vs. Izanami-no-Mikoto endings down pat, Persona 4 Arena (all character endings), and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (True Ending), and I've also almost finished Persona 3 Portable a little bit before that (but i stopped playing because I screwed up a romantic social link with Shinji). Because my PS2 died on me, I have never played The Answer nor have I played FES, and I'm too lazy to rig my poor laptop to play those games. I've also played a majority of Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and only quit because apparently, *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Hitler 'FUHRER' was one of the final bosses, and I got really tired of suspending disbelief. YES, I know it was Nyarly in disguise, but good lord, HITLER 'FUHRER'?!

tumblr_inline_n3zp5gm8611r3g60l.png

Got a problem?
My condition with the games is NOT what I came here for, however. What I came here for is to express my interest in creating a Persona RP, based on the Persona 3, trinity soul and Persona 4 styles: peppy characters with heavy character development. However, obstacles are present throughout this endeavour, and I come here seeking assistance from all of you, if you're interested in crushing cards of your arcana and yelling the names of mythological beings. No, I will not pursue an SMT style Persona, like 1 and 2. Don't even ask about it, alright.

BE FOREWARNED: There will be a few unmarked spoilers for both P3P and P4G. I don't mind talking about them, and if anyone mentions a spoiler I do not know, I don't really get frizzled. However, I know that other members will get a little agitated if some select spoilers are mentioned. I will try my best to avoid spoilers, such as the true culprit of P4, the true-true culprit of P4, and the true-true-TRUE culprit of P4, and the oh-so-spoileriffic ending of P3, but just be forewarned that I will NOT mark any spoilers that HAVE to exist in the explanation. I will, however, mark some specific spoilers as spoilers, so don't click on those spoiler tags unless you want to be spoiled, like that banana i kept in my kitchen for too long.

1) Evokers or Arcana Card Shattering?

Contrary to the subtitle of this question, it's not about the method as much as it is about where and how this will take place. What do you, my readers, want of this RP? Another experience of Dark Hour-like existence in the real world, or a world within the TV? I've been mulling about it, and I have come up with a few alternatives, namely something akin to a late-game Inaba, where the fog floods out of the TV world, and the fog's effects are transferred to the real world, and the characters are able to summon Personas without Evokers and such. The characters mainly seek to stop this anomaly and hunt down the truth behind this harrowing event. This instance occurs in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax as well, I realise, so don't lambast me with UNORIGINAL tags, pls. Another idea I had was a computer/internet world, where the characters have to enter a specific forum (oh boy this is hitting a little close to home), and follow a plot not unlike P4. Either of these alternatives throw away the Evokers, and since the Evokers were financed by the Kirijo Group anyway, it's hard to see them being used anyway, especially after the events of P3.

2) Location, location, location

Another Japanese town or somewhere else now? I know the Persona universe has been locked in to Japan, and with the announcement of P5, it looks like they're moving to mainland Tokyo, or atleast a main city. Shin Megami Tensei IV featured Tokyo as well, so the whole SMT franchise has always been locked in mostly Japan. However, I would think to spice it up a little and shift it to a fictional town in the Western area. This is slightly related to the next question.

3) What Persona?

As you know, Persona 2: Innocent Sin featured Greek deities: Rhadamanthus, Eros, Vulcanus, Apollo, etc.

Persona 3 followed suit, with Athena, Palladion, Castor (not a god, per se), Polydeuces, but had some exceptions, like Caesar. Persona 4 Arena featured a new character that eventually joins the Persona 3 party, who obtains the Persona(s) Ariadne and Asterius, both Greek as well.

Persona 4 focused on Japanese deities, such as Izanagi, Tomoe, Amaterasu, Sukuna Hikona and Take Mikazuchi, and was heavily dependent on Japanese mythology as well, with the bosses being Japanese deities as well:

Ame-no-Sagiri, Kunino-Sagiri, Kusumi-no-Okami, Izanami-no-Mikoto
. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax featured a new character who would be introduced as a student residing in Inaba, bearing the Persona Tsukiyomi and the final boss

Hi-no-Kagatsuchi
, both Japanese

As you can see, each of the series gets a certain theme in their Personas. I was thinking that this RP should get one too. What mythology/religion/local deities do you want to see being invoked? Since Kanji's Take-Mikazuchi was different than the Take Mikazuchi from previous games, I'll let Nordic mythology slide as well, so one can call on Odin or Thor or Sif, or something. It's just how one envisions their inner self to be, and should not be how the games envision it to be.

4) Social Links; Fool Arcana

Well, since this will be an RP focusing on EVERYONE, do you guys want a Fool? I can try detracting the focus on that character a little bit, but eventually, the Fool will have to carry the team most of the time, with the ability of the Wild Card. I can try to give different character arcs, like how Junpei got his little time with Chidori, and the Shinji-Ken-Akihiko arc, but I can't guarantee they'll be great. And I beseech you, the character who ends up playing the Fool Arcana better not FUCKING LEAVE ON MY WATCH, because I'll SEND VERY VERY BAD STUFF TO YOUR INBOX, LIKE A PENCIL THAT BLUNTS THE MOMENT YOU TRY TO WRITE WITH IT.

That or we can just do away with the Wild Card, and just stick with one Persona throughout (not counting Ultimate Personas and Ultimate Ultimate Personas).

Also, Social Links will be a major PAIN IN THE ASS for an RP, and I'd HATE having to NPC all the non-party members. I vote that we do away with it, or stick with a Teddie Social Link, where the rank automatically increases by storyline.

5) Velvet Room attendant(s)

Simple enough. You want Igor and the three siblings, Igor and a new, original attendant, just a new attendant, just Igor, or Igor with one or two of the three siblings. No, I will not bring back the pianist and the singer from Persona 2. I've decided that the whether or not they have the Wild Card, the Velvet Room attendants will visit either one select character, or all of the characters, whether in a dream or whatever.

6) Your questions and doubts!

Do you have any yourselves? You don't like my ideas or you think I'm not hip enough? Tell me your worries, and ask me your questions, and I'll try to answer them and rectify the problems! Just...just don't tell me your personal worries and questions, please, I'm not a psychiatrist. But I can suggest you one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I have to say on the velvet room's that if there's no Margaret, then I'm not participating xD

I'd still join without her, but I'd really love having her there in the velvet room. Anyway, I'll give it some deep thought and possibly sometime in the near future, actually give some advice, opinions, or anything else. For now though, that's all I can really say on the subject.

@Kiyoko Tomoe

Hhhhhhrgh, Margarrrreeeeeett, my worst Social Link nightmare. Pursuing it was the worst 4 hours of my life, farming Personas in all of the headache-inducing dungeons.

"TRUMPETER WITH MIND CHARGE PLS"

"Oh, I have a Trumpeter, level 91, here!"*checks skill list*

*No Mind Charge*

Margaret Social Link Reversed on Narukami's own volition.

Eh, I'd prefer not to use established OCs, except maybe Igor, Nyarly or Philemon. It's boring, and it's more or less just treading on the same grounds.

Igor needs to exist since he was created by Philemon to head the proceedings of the BERUBETO ROOMU. I think I can make an OC of the 'new' Velvet Room Attendant if you think the old Attendants are old hat. But we'll see first

I'm no archaeologist, but I'm betting Checkursaurus came before Wreckursaurus.

Plus, if we do implement the velvet room, we pretty much need a wild card, and we havent quite heard whether or not people want one in this rp.

Not really. The characters need a push to awaken to their personas. It's either through Velvet Room, or through Izanami or something like her. Again.

P4 cast didn't either.

But remember, P3 MC signed a contract, and had

Death sealed within her

. Doesn't that count as a push?

I kinda assumed we were leaving MCs out, but well then yeah you're right.

P4 cast needed their shadows to pretty much come out of them and slap em in the face, then giving them a therapy session for them to awaken their personas. P3 cast had already come to terms with their own flaws before that, and awakened their personas, not that they realised it of course.

For me personally, I'd prefer if there wasn't a wild card. It makes things more interesting as everyone has strengths in weaknesses in a battle as well. There could be ways to make it work, but I have my doubts.

Also, I'm not completely sure of a way they would summon and gain their personas, but just i'll try and think of a suggestion of my own. I originally had the idea that they'd use their phones, but that's way too much like the Devil Survivor series.

I'm really liking the whole idea behind this, and would totally be on board.

Like you said social links will probably have to be on a preset ranking system. Or you could just completely do away with them, as they might make players feel they can't form deeper connections with each other. Or that could be what your going for, meh. *shrugs*

Personally I think it'd be more interesting to not have a wild card. It seems like there would be a lot of story dependance on him/her and that could be dangerous for a RP.

Honestly I couldn't care less about the attendants, if you even plan on having them at all, if theres no wild card then there won't really be a reason for an attendant. And I could be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure its stated somewhere in the game that everything that is in the velvet room is there because it is needed or something. Then again who knows they may be needed for the story, and thus would exist in the room... huh... just de-bunked myself. Anyway, if you do end up using attendants, it might be easier for you to use pre-existing ones, seeing as they have established personalities, which could make them easier to write if you know them well.

Szulu said:
it might be easier for you to use pre-existing ones, seeing as they have established personalities, which could make them easier to write if you know them well.
The term you're looking for is "copping out."

[QUOTE="Father Gigantor]The term you're looking for is "copping out."

[/QUOTE]
Well yeah, your right of course. But it seems like if a story is going to be created with a setting as demanding as the Persona series then the GM deserves at least a little leeway. That was my thinking at least.

I actually don't mind creating a fill-in attendant, or just using Igor for it. Furthermore, Theo and Elizabeth are out, you know, doing stuff about Door-kun/-chan and Erebus, so that leaves those two out. Marie is no more a resident of the room because of reasons, and Margaret is still a bit of a sore topic for me, because she's not as colourful as her siblings.

simj22 said:
I actually don't mind creating a fill-in attendant, or just using Igor for it. Furthermore, Theo and Elizabeth are out, you know, doing stuff about Door-kun/-chan and Erebus, so that leaves those two out. Marie is no more a resident of the room because of reasons, and Margaret is still a bit of a sore topic for me, because she's not as colourful as her siblings.

Well that solves that problem then. And honestly I had totally forgotten about Theo and Elizabeth being...occupied. That on top of your Margret issues, and Marie's "reasons," leaves you without a cannon attendant, if you had wanted one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back